Author Topic: WBA FC Womens Thread  (Read 46644 times)

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

WBA FC Womens Thread
« on: October 10, 2016, 07:33:44 PM »
Calling all Baggies! Thank you in advance for taking the time to read this message.

Hi everyone,

I have recently taken over as Media Officer for West Bromwich Albion FC Women (Formerly Sporting Club Albion). Which of course is the official equivalent to our man’s team.

To cut a long story short, our ladies team have had quite a difficult summer since winning the league title last season. I won’t go into full details, but unfortunately this has led to a number of things changing behind the scenes including the ground we now play at being Rushall Olympic FC and not Halesowen Town.

Thankfully we have people who are working their socks off behind the scenes and now I have taken on this role as Media Officer, I intend to do exactly the same by providing as much coverage and exposure as possible for our Ladies team. After all we are the official West Bromwich Albion Women’s team!

So all I’m asking for as a die-hard Baggie myself is SUPPORT! If you could LIKE our Facebook page, FOLLOW us on Twitter, I would be very grateful. We need all of the support we can get at the moment and the more people that can help spread the word, it would be very much appreciated.

Here are our main links below:

https://www.wba.co.uk/news?category=1894&field_tags_target_id=All

WBA Women Fixtures

https://www.instagram.com/wbawomen/?hl=en

https://twitter.com/wbawomen?lang=en @WBAWomen

And if ever on a Sunday afternoon you have some spare time and fancy some football to watch. Then why not come along and watch our Ladies team? Every HOME game is played on a Sunday at Rushall Olympic FC with a kick off time of 2pm.

I am also currently in light discussions with the Foundation to see if the club can get more involved with updating the website with results or even Match Reports. You look at our rivals Wolves, Blues and Villa they all contribute to their Ladies teams with reports in Matchday programmes or even on their official website and that is something I would really like to change with Albion.

Anyway thanks again for reading this and I hope I can count on your support! If you need any further details, then by all means just ask here and I will be happy to answer.

Thanks again to Phil (OldburyWBA)  for allowing me to post this.

Boing Boing!

Dale (Baggiebrookesie)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2021, 12:49:58 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

Re: WBA FC Women need your support!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2016, 08:05:26 PM »
Good luck with your efforts, liked on Facebook.
Baggie in Southampton

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 02:37:08 PM »
Ditto  8)
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

boing_boing68

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 07:10:52 PM »
I'm at Rushall tonight and they have a page in the programme about this, I don't work on Sundays so will try my hardest to get to most of these games. Will 100% be there on Sunday so would be good to see other baggies
Baggie Terra

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 11:47:35 AM »
Thanks for the support guys :) We are slowly spreading the word again and it was great to see the club give us a tweet after our win on Sunday. Plus the Albion Foundation are including our Match Reports now. So they are supporting us too.

Hopefully this is the start of something going forwards and like I said I will keep working hard at it.

Yep be great to see as many Baggies as possible. We are at home to Fylde Ladies this Sunday in the FA Women's Premier League Cup 2nd round. All details on our Twitter and Facebook.

Look forward to seeing you boing_boing68. Come and say hello. I'll be in the media box just above the dugouts ;)

mrvulgarity

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 04:19:15 PM »
Good Luck with all the work Dale, be good to catch up with you soon!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 09:26:41 PM »
media box? - rushall olympic? next to the journo from the Pelsall Argus no doubt, I do hope that wink was in jest !

Seriously though, well done you, I applaud your enthusiasm!! and whilst that may sound patronising its not. I do know how hard it is trying to build something from the ground up and you need great determination to see it through. Keep it going, despite how frustrating it may be. Good luck.

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2016, 11:55:35 AM »
Thanks guys :D

Another great win after extra time on Sunday for our Ladies against a very good Fylde Ladies side.

http://thealbionfoundation.co.uk/?page_id=25844

We now host a tasty Black Country derby with Wolves Women in the next round on 06/11/2016.

Looking forward to that one  :P

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 11:49:53 AM »
Hi all,

With our beloved Baggies (Seniors) not playing this weekend, I thought it would be an ideal opportunity let you all know our Senior Ladies are at home to Newcastle Utd WFC in the FA Women's Premier League on Sunday.

So if you fancy some football on a Sunday, then here are the details below  :)

5 games unbeaten now and into the FA Women's Premier League Cup Quarter-Final after beating our Black Country neighbours.

Boing Boing!

Dale

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 12:09:32 PM »
Just to let people know our Twitter handle has now changed to @WBAWomen (This will not effect any current followers)

The club are now also fully on board moving forwards and you will be seeing a lot more content from us in the near future.

Thanks again for all the support.

Boing Boing!

Dale.

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 08:54:56 AM »
Hi all,

I thought I'd put a reminder out for our massive FA Cup Fifth Round game away at Super League side Birmingham City Ladies this coming Sunday.

So if your about in the Solihull area or fancy coming to support us, then please do. All of the details are on our Facebook and Twitter pages.

https://www.facebook.com/AlbionLadies/

@WBAWomen

Failing that if you want to send your good luck message through our Twitter or Facebook then that would be really appreciative and give our girls a massive boost ahead of the tie.

I'm hearing there is going to be around 1000 - 1500 for this game which are mostly Blues, so any Baggies that can come along and support us would be great!

Boing Boing!

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2017, 06:18:48 PM »
Really seem to be finding their feet (pun intended). I think they lost their first four matches, but since then have won 5, drawn 1, and lost 2 (against the 2 runaway leaders). They have games in hand as well, so looking good for them to finish top half, which would be some achievement after their poor start

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2017, 03:27:32 PM »
Watched the ladies a few times at different grounds - thoroughly enjoyable and good football on show. Go watch them if you can!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2017, 03:54:54 PM »
Think I read they'll be playing at Boldmere St Michaels next season.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2017, 03:58:10 PM »
to be honest ladies football is quite possibly better viewing than the mens version
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2017, 03:59:40 PM »

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2017, 02:02:47 PM »
Hi guys,

I met somebody on here a couple of weeks ago! Big apologies, but I forgot his name.

Anyway he asked if I could post details for next season which you can of course find on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram pages etc.

But anyway here are the details for next season.

We will be playing all home games at:

Boldmere St Michaels FC,
The Trevor Brown Memorial Ground,
Church Road,
Sutton Coldfield,
B73 5RY.

Prices are going to be between £3-4. Just getting confirmation on this.
£1 for WBA Season Ticket Holders and kids.

We play Birmingham City Ladies this Sunday in our final pre-season friendly with a 2.30pm kick off before the campaign starts the following Saturday 20th August away to Huddersfield Town Ladies.

Hopefully for the away games, we will be bringing live commentary on the games. This is not confirmed yet, but something I'm working on.

I will let you all know once prices have been officially confirmed, although keep checking our social media sites (found at the top of this page) as that will be where it is released first lol.

Thanks for reading and look forward to seeing as many Baggies as possible next season. I'll be at the Bournemouth game and then at the Blues match, so busy couple of days for me haha!

Cheers,

@Baggiebrookesie

« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 02:05:08 PM by Dale »

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2017, 02:18:44 PM »
Hi guys,

I met somebody on here a couple of weeks ago! Big apologies, but I forgot his name.

Anyway he asked if I could post details for next season which you can of course find on our Twitter, Facebook, Instagram pages etc.

But anyway here are the details for next season.

We will be playing all home games at:

Boldmere St Michaels FC,
The Trevor Brown Memorial Ground,
Church Road,
Sutton Coldfield,
B73 5RY.

Prices are going to be between £3-4. Just getting confirmation on this.
£1 for WBA Season Ticket Holders and kids.

We play Birmingham City Ladies this Sunday in our final pre-season friendly with a 2.30pm kick off before the campaign starts the following Saturday 20th August away to Huddersfield Town Ladies.

Hopefully for the away games, we will be bringing live commentary on the games. This is not confirmed yet, but something I'm working on.

I will let you all know once prices have been officially confirmed, although keep checking our social media sites (found at the top of this page) as that will be where it is released first lol.

Thanks for reading and look forward to seeing as many Baggies as possible next season. I'll be at the Bournemouth game and then at the Blues match, so busy couple of days for me haha!

Cheers,

@Baggiebrookesie

If you're referring to the Tommy Brown benefit evening then that would be me Dale  ;) .

Doubt I'll be there this Sunday due to other commitments but I'll be keeping an eye on future fixtures etc.

Cheers for the info' and all of the very best chap  8) .

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: August 11, 2017, 09:07:35 AM »
Hope you have a great season.
Bong Bong  :D

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2017, 10:18:42 AM »
Had a bit of a mare game over the weekend and lost 22 - 0 better get Tone in to give them some 'how to defend in two banks of four' tips!  ;)
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2017, 11:22:10 AM »
Had a bit of a mare game over the weekend and lost 22 - 0 better get Tone in to give them some 'how to defend in two banks of four' tips!  ;)

Got an absolute pasting from Birmingham City Ladies in their final pre season friendly.

https://twitter.com/wbawomen?lang=en

Albion Ladies play in the regional Women's Premier North League whereas Blues are in the Women's Super League One.

Apparently.

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2017, 02:12:26 PM »
Good Afternoon all,

I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to bring this up with Albion not playing this time.

It's the big Black Country Derby next Tuesday night (17.10.2017) for our Women's team where we face Wolves at home.

I am appealing to any Baggies fans that can come along and support us for this huge game. Although it is still early days, this game is still marked as a potential relegation clash with Wolves currently sitting bottom only 5 points behind us.

Therefore we need every Albion fan we can to come along, because the last time we faced them at home in the cup last season, they outnumbered us! And we really don't want that again if we can help it.

We already beat them 4-2 away last month (See report below) which saw a player of each side sent off, so we are expecting similar fireworks because of the nature of the game.

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2017/september/derby-delight-for-wba-women/

The game will be advertised on our twitter page @WBAWomen and our Facebook.com/AlbionLadies after Sunday's game at Forest.

But in the meantime here are the details:

WBA FC Women V Wolves Women

Ground: Boldmere St Michaels FC, Church Road, Sutton Coldfield, B73 5RY
Kick Off: 7.30PM
Tickets (£4 Adults) (£1 Children, WBA Season Ticket Holders & OAP's)

Hope to see as many Baggies as possible there or if not future matches.

Thanks for reading and your support.

Boing Boing!

Dale

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2017, 06:29:03 PM »
Wolves Women. Can't imagine there's a team photo.  ;D
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dale

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 01:39:39 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know this Sunday it's FREE entry for anyone who fancies popping down to Boldmere St Michaels FC and supporting our Women's team in the Birmingham FA County Cup Quarter-Final.

It should be a fun packed day with lots of activities for kids too.

Here's all the details if your interested  :)

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/february/support-wba-women-for-free-this-weekend/

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2019, 07:18:57 PM »
Took my little lass to see the ladies beat Wolves today.  Enjoyable afternoon and some decent football.  Will definitely be going again.  The girls received a win bonus of a box of chocolates to share and lollipops #playingfortheloveofit. £3 in (£1 for kids) would recommend a watch. 
« Last Edit: January 28, 2019, 12:07:21 PM by MarkW »