Author Topic: Fortune - the new Luke Moore / Nathan Ellington?  (Read 36533 times)

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

Re: Fortune - the new Luke Moore / Nathan Ellington?
« Reply #100 on: February 23, 2011, 08:39:03 AM »
We'll agree to disagree then....
Ill pm you when he does then,... ;)

Deal  :D
Oh Nottm Oh Nottm is full of fun is full of fun

Semaj Riatsila

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #101 on: February 23, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »
He frustrated me the whole game...

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #102 on: February 23, 2011, 09:09:41 AM »
Fortune has been brought in for the last four matches (coming off the bench against Wigan and starting the other three) and has scored once.
Pete has also started in the same four matches and scored once.

Both have missed gilt edged chances but one was against Wolves and therefore hysterical calls for Fortune to be dropped and kicked out the club, nothing about Odemwingie?

I do wonder about our support and understand why the players want nothing to do with them.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

eaststandbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #103 on: February 23, 2011, 11:29:08 AM »
I still think is a very hardworking holding forward.Just a simple twist of fate.Had he scored that sitter everyone would be saying he is a hero
I was there when The King put the ball in the Everton net.

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2011, 12:30:15 PM »
Fortune for me holds the ball up really well , has great skill , can beat a man , gets in really good postions , has a fair decent bit of pace about him [not slow is what im trying to say] but and its a massive but , his final ball or his shooting is very poor and thats were he fails badly , does all the hard work but lets himself down , be great in the championship though manily because a striker will get double the chances sometimes more in that league compared to the prem.

BaggieboiBear

« Reply #105 on: February 23, 2011, 01:37:12 PM »
Its absolutely crazy to criticise fortune after sunday.

He worked more in that game for me than anyone else on the pitch,

get off his back !!

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #106 on: February 23, 2011, 02:03:00 PM »
Its absolutely crazy to criticise fortune after sunday.

He worked more in that game for me than anyone else on the pitch,

get off his back !!

working hard is not enough, we could all work hard for our club and earn 15k or whatever a week

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #107 on: February 23, 2011, 02:55:14 PM »
working hard is not enough, we could all work hard for our club and earn 15k or whatever a week

Surely a player can be forgiven for having a poor game or two as long as he gives his all though rather than screaming for him to be instantly dropped. If it was up to fans we would never have a settled team, there would be numerous changes every game if we go by their last game or two alone.

You may not rate him as a player but he is by far our best option for the target man style role that he is obviously there for, he came on against Wigan and made a real difference but no way is he going to be fully up to speed or sharp after hardly playing for months especially as there weren't any reserve games and he has had injuries.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #108 on: February 23, 2011, 03:24:11 PM »
Fortune has been brought in for the last four matches (coming off the bench against Wigan and starting the other three) and has scored once.
Pete has also started in the same four matches and scored once.

Both have missed gilt edged chances but one was against Wolves and therefore hysterical calls for Fortune to be dropped and kicked out the club, nothing about Odemwingie?

I do wonder about our support and understand why the players want nothing to do with them.

Yeah we'll just ignore the other 8 goals Odemwingie has scored.

Honestly the witch hunt on here from some posters is pathetic, every time Odemwingie has a bad game people are for some reason incredibly quick to criticise him, and then defend much lesser players to the hilt. It truly is bizarre.

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: February 23, 2011, 03:43:32 PM »

Honestly the witch hunt on here from some posters is pathetic, every time Odemwingie has a bad game people are for some reason incredibly quick to criticise him, and then defend much lesser players to the hilt. It truly is bizarre.

I don't believe that is what he was trying to do. Aside from the differences in the type of players they are you have Odemwingie who has started about double the amount of games Fortune has getting a good run of games in which he has had a few stinkers in front of goal. Now Fortune is probably going to get a run of games going people are calling for him to be dropped despite him not being up to speed or sharp because of a lack of playing time just because of one or two poor games in recent weeks.

I think it is fair to criticise Odemwingie for a poor performance or two if people are going to do the same with Fortune even though Pete has a lot more goals to his name but then again he has had that sustained run in the side being the lone striker while Fortune hasn't.

albiontilidie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: February 23, 2011, 03:52:31 PM »
Surely a player can be forgiven for having a poor game or two as long as he gives his all though rather than screaming for him to be instantly dropped. If it was up to fans we would never have a settled team, there would be numerous changes every game if we go by their last game or two alone.

You may not rate him as a player but he is by far our best option for the target man style role that he is obviously there for, he came on against Wigan and made a real difference but no way is he going to be fully up to speed or sharp after hardly playing for months especially as there weren't any reserve games and he has had injuries.

Yeah agree but for me it not one bad game, i cant think of him having a good game to be fair,

wba4ever

« Reply #111 on: February 23, 2011, 04:41:07 PM »
No no Fortune is much better than those two put together. He's is what you call a targetman and a hard-worker, as it showed on sunday with his hold-up play and work-rate. Although he isn't a natural goalscorer he does occasionally pop up with the odd goal. I personally think a targetman and goalscorer as our two strikers work well together and that's what we have in Fortune and Odemwingie.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: February 23, 2011, 04:47:48 PM »

I am not suggesting that people should have a go at Odemwingie either, just pointing out their less than balanced view on Fortune.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

DudleyDan

« Reply #113 on: February 23, 2011, 05:29:15 PM »
Don't understand all this nonsense - he was the only player who looked interested and all this negativity is based off one (fair to say shocking) miss.

I personally am getting more frustrated with Odemwingie taking it past an opposition player and hitting weak shots with his left foot from 20 yards when he has 3 players in better positions.

Missing a shot because you're not that talented - fair enough.

Ruining an opportunity because you're too selfish and want the headlines for yourself - tw@

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #114 on: February 23, 2011, 05:44:03 PM »
According to some he had many of his better games for Celtic playing wide right, maybe that could be a way to incorporate Vela, Fortune and Podem into the same side.

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #115 on: February 23, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
No no Fortune is much better than those two put together. He's is what you call a targetman and a hard-worker, as it showed on sunday with his hold-up play and work-rate. Although he isn't a natural goalscorer he does occasionally pop up with the odd goal. I personally think a targetman and goalscorer as our two strikers work well together and that's what we have in Fortune and Odemwingie.

To decide on weather Fortune is good enough ask the question of how many other prem teams he would walk straight in to.

For this to be the only viable option between now and the end of the season is completley unacceptable in my opinion and part of the reason why we won't be in this division again next season.