Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 268734 times)

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #425 on: October 11, 2016, 06:59:30 PM »
They can't be serious about Haye v Shannon Briggs at the Principality stadium (Millenium)  in Cardiff.....there'll be around 70,000 empty seats if that's the main event.

Exactly! Briggs is just a 'name' fighter who's past his best. His last big fight was against Vitali Klitschko about 6 years ago.
His chasing people around shouting 'Lets go champ' was funny at first but now is just boring.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #426 on: October 11, 2016, 07:05:50 PM »
Looking like fury about to be stripped of his remaining titles this Wednesday setting up a klitchko v Joshua winner takes all fight in December,sorry but my money will be on klitchko, can't see any other result if Joshua can't drop him early doors and feel klitchko is to cute to avoid that happening
Klitchko is certainly unlike anyone Joshua has fought before in both style and especially ability. Klitchko is 40 now and hasn't boxed much in the past couple of years....though he's been training hard for 3 Fury fights, one of which happened.  Joshua and his camp should have the sense to know that AJ can't afford to punch himself out. Interesting.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #427 on: October 13, 2016, 10:37:27 AM »
Tommy Langford fighting for the british title Saturday week in Cardiff, its going to be a great atmosphere, plenty of Albion there on the night and in the pub watching the Liverpool game before.Will see you lot going at his after party celebrating hopefully him becoming british champ
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #428 on: October 13, 2016, 02:59:53 PM »
Me and my big gob, its been called off >:(
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #429 on: October 13, 2016, 03:20:40 PM »

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #430 on: October 13, 2016, 03:21:23 PM »
Me and my big gob, its been called off >:(
Why?

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #431 on: October 13, 2016, 03:24:54 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2016/10/13/tyson-fury-vacates-world-heavyweight-titles-to-focus-on-recovery/
Clears the path to set up klitchko v joshua

Had a look at the odds earlier and Joshua is 4/5 and Vlad is 11/10

Tempted to lump a decent sum on Vlad at that price

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #432 on: October 13, 2016, 03:50:52 PM »
Why?

Other fighters have pulled out due to injury so they've rescheduled it to the 26th Nov
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #433 on: October 13, 2016, 03:51:19 PM »
Had a look at the odds earlier and Joshua is 4/5 and Vlad is 11/10

Tempted to lump a decent sum on Vlad at that price

Joshua could be catching Wlad at the right time though. It's been ages since the Fury fight and Klitschko isn't getting any younger. It may be a flattering win but I can see Joshua winning this.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #434 on: October 13, 2016, 04:26:34 PM »
No coincidence that one when Wlad fought someone of similar size he struggled. Couldn't bully, couldn't intimidate and the monotonous jab was ineffective. Joshua will turn him over.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #435 on: October 13, 2016, 08:21:18 PM »
I dunno what it is with some of our boxing aficionados on here who think it will be a stitch on for Joshua, he blows out his Arri's like an old cart oss after 5/6 rounds as proved against a second rater in whyte,klitchko ain't going to toe to toe him early doors and wait until he's knackered he won't have to wait too long and bang it'll be lights out Joshua, going to put me a ton on it

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #436 on: October 14, 2016, 11:48:14 AM »
I dunno what it is with some of our boxing aficionados on here who think it will be a stitch on for Joshua, he blows out his Arri's like an old cart oss after 5/6 rounds as proved against a second rater in whyte,klitchko ain't going to toe to toe him early doors and wait until he's knackered he won't have to wait too long and bang it'll be lights out Joshua, going to put me a ton on it

klitscho landed 12 punches per round against fury who is not very fast.... if you think he can afford to do that against a more powerful and quicker fighter then you dont know much about boxing.

whyte caught joshua with ONE good punch in ONE round, joshua even said himself he went for knockout punches every punch which tired him out quickly and couldn't get his head in the right place due to personal issues with whyte, he then still managed to shut whyte out so he couldn't get a decent punch on him again, recovered rather easy and found the power late on in the fight whilst he was tired and fatigued to put someone of whyte's size on his ass.

Could well be a fight too soon for joshua, but i think they will be a few shocked faces if the fight were to happen.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #437 on: October 14, 2016, 04:04:11 PM »
Joshua is in my humble a slower less mobile fighter than fury who was pretty good on his feet against klitchko, Joshua will be a far easier target to tag

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #438 on: October 14, 2016, 05:04:45 PM »
Joshua is in my humble a slower less mobile fighter than fury who was pretty good on his feet against klitchko, Joshua will be a far easier target to tag

You really think joshua is slower?

Joshua has only received one good punch in his professional career and that was against whyte... as that's all the joshua critics can mention, he does a great job at getting into boxers heads whilst in the ring which makes them have to change their game plan on the spot.

I know there is no way to prove who has the most speed but I think the difference would be that fury and joshua are both quick... but fury don't throw combinations like joshua if you watch him...

Hard to judge fury from his fight with klitscho as klitscho was like a sitting duck, barely moved and total punches landed averaged at 12 per round... didn't exactly make it difficult for fury but still fair play to him though for getting the job done he proved a lot of people wrong and I believe joshua will also do the same when the time comes.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #439 on: October 15, 2016, 07:45:05 PM »
Anyone think Tony bellew will retain his belt tonight,?

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #440 on: October 15, 2016, 08:00:19 PM »
Anyone think Tony bellew will retain his belt tonight,?

He certainly seems confident so we will see.

Hope he does.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #441 on: October 16, 2016, 12:13:40 PM »
Missed the belew fight and by all accounts belew battered Flores in 3 and all kicked off with belew and Hayes post fight, ticket selling stunt maybe?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #442 on: October 16, 2016, 12:27:36 PM »
Missed the belew fight and by all accounts belew battered Flores in 3 and all kicked off with belew and Hayes post fight, ticket selling stunt maybe?

Definitely. Bellew being Bellew shouting his gob off. Haye just laughed at him.

As for the fight, Flores stopped to complain about a low blow Bellew jumped on him whilst the American wasn't protecting himself knocked him down and Flores never recovered from it.

Haye vs Bellew would be one way traffic, Haye KO's Bellew all day long.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #443 on: October 16, 2016, 02:04:23 PM »

Definitely. Bellew being Bellew shouting his gob off. Haye just laughed at him.

As for the fight, Flores stopped to complain about a low blow Bellew jumped on him whilst the American wasn't protecting himself knocked him down and Flores never recovered from it.

Haye vs Bellew would be one way traffic, Haye KO's Bellew all day long.
typical gobby scouser and yes haye for me also knocks big gob belew out all day long

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #444 on: October 16, 2016, 02:15:13 PM »
I like Bellew but Haye clean knocks him out all day

Didn't see his bout last night though just the aftermath with Haye

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #445 on: October 16, 2016, 03:43:22 PM »
I'm in the minority but I think Bellew would beat Haye, for me Haye hasn't boxed properly in years and is in it for the money these days, whereas Bellew is at his peak. Obviously an in-form Haye would beat an in-form Bellew but I think he's past his best.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #446 on: October 16, 2016, 03:58:47 PM »
I would have to go with Haye....he doesn't let himself get out of shape even when not having fights. I think he would land cleanly and that would likely be enough as the naturally heavier man.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #447 on: October 16, 2016, 04:30:11 PM »
Bellew is a tit.

Would love Haye to knock him spark out.

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #448 on: October 16, 2016, 05:11:05 PM »
Haye for me power in either hand. I think Bellew is too emotional and that will play into Haye's hands. Bellew if he walks in looking for a tear up will be stopped inside 5 rounds in my opinion.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #449 on: October 16, 2016, 07:49:54 PM »
Bellew is a gobby so and so thing is he is backing it up . David Haye is a has been fighting bums at the moment