Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 267206 times)

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #375 on: September 18, 2016, 08:41:32 PM »
Canelo amazing last night in a stoppage against our world champ Liam Smith. Thought Smith had a chance but Canelo too strong and Smiths punches had no effect.

Canelo vs Golokin has to happen soon. Has the makings of a classic.

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #376 on: September 18, 2016, 08:54:48 PM »
chris eubank jnr has cried off from the fight with our tommy langford and relenquished the british title.more daddy meddling methinks

Frank Warren has gone absolutely crazy! I was trying to find the interview where he is just ranting about him but apparently he was claiming he's not seriously injured and just has tennis elbow.
Smethwick..

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #377 on: September 18, 2016, 09:32:37 PM »
Frank Warren has gone absolutely crazy! I was trying to find the interview where he is just ranting about him but apparently he was claiming he's not seriously injured and just has tennis elbow.

Its on the Box Nation Twitter feed

https://twitter.com/boxnationtv
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #378 on: September 18, 2016, 11:59:12 PM »
Warren and Hearn have both said that the Eubank's have constantly messed around with fight contracts, pulling out late, demanding more money etc so I think everybody is sick of them by now.

For his careers sake I think Eubank just needs to fight anybody possible now as it's becoming a bit of a joke. Langford would have been a good option but I can see Billy-Joe Saunders getting the GGG fight before Eubank now and rightly so.

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #379 on: September 19, 2016, 09:03:46 AM »
Warren and Hearn have both said that the Eubank's have constantly messed around with fight contracts, pulling out late, demanding more money etc so I think everybody is sick of them by now.

For his careers sake I think Eubank just needs to fight anybody possible now as it's becoming a bit of a joke. Langford would have been a good option but I can see Billy-Joe Saunders getting the GGG fight before Eubank now and rightly so.

The Eubank camp are an absolute joke.

As soon as Brook fight was finished, Eubanks camp are releasing posts saying they dont own towels and would take the fight etc etc, then a week later hes pulling out of a fight with Tennis elbow.

As someone said above, watch the interview on box nation on what the promoters really think of the Eubank team.

All mouth no action.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #380 on: September 23, 2016, 09:21:35 PM »
 Fury v klitchko 2 is off yet again with fury blaming an ankle injury in training,methinks he's running scared and sure to get stripped of his remaining belts

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #381 on: September 25, 2016, 12:29:36 AM »
anthony crolla,out classed and out fought tonight,the belt rightly changes hands

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #382 on: September 25, 2016, 09:30:19 AM »
Always a tall order to beat Linares. Crolla did well but sad to say another title belt leaves the UK and Gallagher gym.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #383 on: September 25, 2016, 12:20:57 PM »
Always a tall order to beat Linares. Crolla did well but sad to say another title belt leaves the UK and Gallagher gym.
Crollas problem is he hasnt got a real knockout punch,talk of Linares offering him a rematch in the UK again.pointless imo Crolla will get beat once more

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #385 on: September 30, 2016, 05:16:49 PM »
Tyson Fury tests positive for Cocaine :o

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/general/boxing/tyson-fury-world-heavyweight-champion-tests-positive-for-cocaine-and-could-be-stripped-of-titles-a7339851.html
Finished and all washed up,very lucky to have caught klitchko on one of his off nights,just as well that he never got in with detonay wilder who I think will clean the belts up in the heavyweight division,Joshua would be wise to sidestep him and keep him at arms length

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2016, 06:52:25 PM »
I wish I was all washed up with a World Title belt and 17 million pound.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2016, 10:03:13 PM »
I wish I was all washed up with a World Title belt and 17 million pound.
Wouldn't think for one minute he got anything near 17M as the contender,maybe a third of that amount

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #388 on: October 01, 2016, 09:47:04 AM »
Another boxer dies after a tough bout
This is a sport in some trouble at the moment
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Jimmy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #389 on: October 01, 2016, 12:18:02 PM »
Wouldn't think for one minute he got anything near 17M as the contender,maybe a third of that amount

He has got an "estimated" net worth of 17m.

Must admit I wish he would stick the boxing and leave some of the rubbish behind. Hard to 100% root for the guy. Good job we have AJ.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #390 on: October 01, 2016, 01:34:04 PM »
He has got an "estimated" net worth of 17m.

Must admit I wish he would stick the boxing and leave some of the rubbish behind. Hard to 100% root for the guy. Good job we have AJ.
dont think joshua will reign that long,i saw enough when he fought dylian whyte,just like bruno for me.if he cant put an oponent away in the first 5/6 he runs out of steam.too much building up of muscles that sap your energy,Ali was the perfect shape for a heavyweight,besides having a cast iron chin and a heart as big as a bucket.his like will never be seen again in a lifetime

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #391 on: October 01, 2016, 02:56:34 PM »
Another boxer dies after a tough bout
This is a sport in some trouble at the moment
Frank Warren mentioned that the boxer Mike Towell's girlfriend said he'd been suffering migraines leading up to the fight. All fighters have a pre fight medical check at some point, surely he wouldn't have been allowed in the ring if he had made the medics aware of this ...can only assume he kept it to himself. Tragic, but an inevitable occasional event in boxing.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #392 on: October 03, 2016, 02:12:44 PM »
Fury apparently tweeted he's retired and that boxing is the saddest thing he ever got involved with and to go and syck dick I'm the greatest,yeah right decision mate before a good one caves your head in.his opponents have all been  bum a month Patsy's with the exception of an unfit unmotivated klitchko
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:16:52 PM by barnestormer »

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #393 on: October 03, 2016, 02:28:56 PM »
Fury apparently tweeted he's retired and that boxing is the saddest thing he ever got involved with and to go and syck dick I'm the greatest,yeah right decision mate before a good one caves your head in.his opponents have all been  bum a month Patsy's with the exception of an unfit unmotivated klitchko

Fury is a class fighter, Klitschko couldn't lay a glove because of Fury's subtle movements which kept Klitschko off balance every time he went to throw.

Fury needs time out, get away from it all. He's in no position to be making long term decisions right now.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #394 on: October 03, 2016, 02:47:03 PM »

Fury is a class fighter, Klitschko couldn't lay a glove because of Fury's subtle movements which kept Klitschko off balance every time he went to throw.

Fury needs time out, get away from it all. He's in no position to be making long term decisions right now.
Class fighter? Are you on the same as he is? Wilder would have smashed him and a fit klitchko and he knew it hence his announcement

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #395 on: October 03, 2016, 02:50:21 PM »
While we are debating his so called class,apart from an unfit klitchko who do you rank as a good fighter/ boxer on his unbeaten record?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #396 on: October 03, 2016, 02:55:05 PM »
Class fighter? Are you on the same as he is? Wilder would have smashed him and a fit klitchko and he knew it hence his announcement

Since when was Klitschko not fit?  ::)

Wilder would be easily outboxed by Fury, he'd have a punchers chance but he'd have that against anyone.

barnestormer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #397 on: October 03, 2016, 03:11:08 PM »

Since when was Klitschko not fit?  ::)

Wilder would be easily outboxed by Fury, he'd have a punchers chance but he'd have that against anyone.
I would suggest klitchko took him too lightly and didn't train full pelt,he would have wrecked him this time

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #398 on: October 03, 2016, 03:16:56 PM »
I would suggest klitchko took him too lightly and didn't train full pelt,he would have wrecked him this time

That's your "suggestion". There is nothing anywhere to either prove or otherwise suggest this.

Jordie1471

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #399 on: October 03, 2016, 03:24:49 PM »
You don't get to be a WBA heavyweight champion without fighting anyone decent. People throughout his whole career have tried to discredit his boxing talent just because of his personality and off the ring antics, despite the fact he still has never lost a fight.

Though the greatest heavyweight ever, not by a long way.

Did he fight a 100% Vlad. Of corse not

However if Fury were to get himself clean and fit, he would still beat anyone currently in this division, including the British publics golden boy AJ