Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 268962 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #250 on: May 19, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »
Well Canelo is a pussy then. Vacated WBC title and gave to GGG so doesn't have to fight at 160lbs. He'll now try and negotiate a deal at 155lbs which GGG won't accept.

I hate boxing.

Clearly you haven't read what Alvarez has said

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #251 on: May 19, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »
Is the Haye fight on Dave or Box Nation?

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: May 19, 2016, 07:47:46 PM »

Alvarez has vacated the title and a large bargaining leverage that goes with it!. He will only fight GGG if its to his advantage. Seriously think he wants no part of him.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #253 on: May 21, 2016, 10:16:54 PM »
What an awful match up Haye has just had.

2nd round 1:32 KO he was awful his opponent was
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #254 on: May 22, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »
What an awful match up Haye has just had.

2nd round 1:32 KO he was awful his opponent was

Someone is going to get seriously hurt on one of his shows. The mis-matches are embarrassing.

The guy threw himself to the floor after a jab. That said it all.

Rumours floating around the mafia had big money on stoppage in the 2nd round
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: May 22, 2016, 09:00:42 AM »
Haye can't just expect to get a big shot straight away after 4 years out. The fight against Briggs will be better IMO. At least fourth round lol

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #256 on: May 22, 2016, 09:01:20 AM »
Someone is going to get seriously hurt on one of his shows. The mis-matches are embarrassing.

The guy threw himself to the floor after a jab. That said it all.

Rumours floating around the mafia had big money on stoppage in the 2nd round

When he went down after that jab I laughed out loud!! That looked so fixed its untrue.

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #257 on: May 22, 2016, 09:45:24 AM »
Pathetic mis-matching it is dangerous. Boxing is a hard sport and someone is going to badly hurt if matching like that is allowed to continue.

Earlier on Saturday Joseph Parker beat Carlos Takam on points. That's a good win for Parker an opponent way better than anyone Anthony Joshua has been in with so far. Takam is certainly a top 15 heavyweight. Parker looked good at times but defensively not great despite looking to have a good chin. It was a significant step up in class however and he and his team can be well pleased with his progression.

smosher34

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #258 on: May 22, 2016, 11:55:45 AM »
after what happened to nick blakwell and he was a good hard fighter , I have said the same someone is going to get hurt with these jokes of a fight . no wonder sky/bt will not screen them fights .

Pelsall_Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #259 on: May 22, 2016, 05:29:25 PM »
after what happened to nick blakwell and he was a good hard fighter , I have said the same someone is going to get hurt with these jokes of a fight . no wonder sky/bt will not screen them fights .

Sky show these mismatches as a matter of course.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #260 on: May 22, 2016, 06:20:32 PM »
when it comes to serious injuries, its rarely down to total mismatches that end quickly. It tends to be the hard evenly matched fights OR the long fight where one fighter soaks up more than is good for him.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #261 on: May 24, 2016, 05:29:24 PM »
Pathetic mis-matching it is dangerous. Boxing is a hard sport and someone is going to badly hurt if matching like that is allowed to continue.

Earlier on Saturday Joseph Parker beat Carlos Takam on points. That's a good win for Parker an opponent way better than anyone Anthony Joshua has been in with so far. Takam is certainly a top 15 heavyweight. Parker looked good at times but defensively not great despite looking to have a good chin. It was a significant step up in class however and he and his team can be well pleased with his progression.

as much as i like the look of parker, he hasnt fought anyone decent yet (apart from takam whos coming to the end of his career)... both dillian whyte and charles martin would destroy him... and joshua handled both of them with ease imo

But like you say, defensively not great, joshua will expose those on the night

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #262 on: May 24, 2016, 09:32:44 PM »
Charles Martin will never ever be heard of again and would lose to Takam.

Interested in seeing Whyte he'll be fighting Chisora after this fight. Still think he'll just be another Chisora in future but maybe slightly better
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #263 on: May 24, 2016, 09:34:20 PM »

yes saying something and doing are different things. Funny how GGG team hadn't heard a word since he vacated title about making a fight.

De LA Hoya is a complete little b*tch. So happy Floyd beat him all those years ago and taunted him ever since.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #264 on: May 25, 2016, 01:23:18 PM »
Charles Martin will never ever be heard of again and would lose to Takam.

Interested in seeing Whyte he'll be fighting Chisora after this fight. Still think he'll just be another Chisora in future but maybe slightly better

Can't imagine him losing to takam tbh, Parker left himself open all fight and takam wasn't doing anything about it.... He was the experienced one yet looked so slow against a tired fatigued inexperienced Parker

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #265 on: May 25, 2016, 01:27:53 PM »
No way would Charles Martin beat Takam, he will beat nobody in the top 30.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #266 on: May 25, 2016, 04:23:30 PM »
Everyone said fury wouldn't take the belt off klitschko... Look what happened there lol

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #267 on: May 25, 2016, 05:01:49 PM »
Everyone said fury wouldn't take the belt off klitschko... Look what happened there lol
              No. Fury is leagues above Martin.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #268 on: May 25, 2016, 06:28:07 PM »
              No. Fury is leagues above Martin.

when did i say fury wasn't?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #269 on: May 25, 2016, 07:47:59 PM »
when did i say fury wasn't?

Couple of people struggle with context on here.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

dan7heman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #270 on: May 25, 2016, 08:13:10 PM »
Reading your thread about Fury, I think he is a top fighter and regardless of his views, he deserves alot of credit.

Been having an argument with 2 friends over the last few weeks about Fury v Joshua. It probably wont ever happen but if they fought now I've been saying Fury would win. Yes Joshua looks great but so did Khan in the early days. Joshua hasnt been in with.. or hit by a decent fighter yet. They have been taking the Michael but I think i'm right... Anyone got thoughts on this?
It is a mistake to theorize before one has the facts. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #271 on: May 25, 2016, 10:41:24 PM »
Reading your thread about Fury, I think he is a top fighter and regardless of his views, he deserves alot of credit.

Been having an argument with 2 friends over the last few weeks about Fury v Joshua. It probably wont ever happen but if they fought now I've been saying Fury would win. Yes Joshua looks great but so did Khan in the early days. Joshua hasnt been in with.. or hit by a decent fighter yet. They have been taking the Michael but I think i'm right... Anyone got thoughts on this?

completely agree with everything you said... but Joshua has had 16 fights against nobodys (according to most people), if you look at mike tysons first 16 fights... they were weaker opponents than joshuas first 16, not comparing the 2 of them but people need to realise... hes just knocking them out the way one by one  ;D

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #272 on: May 26, 2016, 07:09:32 AM »
completely agree with everything you said... but Joshua has had 16 fights against nobodys (according to most people), if you look at mike tysons first 16 fights... they were weaker opponents than joshuas first 16, not comparing the 2 of them but people need to realise... hes just knocking them out the way one by one  ;D

Look at tyson furys first 16 opponents, or look at hughie furys 21 opponents.  Dont forget tyson fury was put down by a cruiserweight too.

Boxing is a crooks game, full of politics. One winner which is the promoter.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #273 on: May 26, 2016, 07:57:00 AM »
Couple of people struggle with context on here.

Some people struggle understanding levels as well. To compare anything Fury has done with what Martin has done is plain ludicrous.

Just for the record I knew Fury would give Wlad a tough fight, his two or three performances leading up to that fight were outstanding showing him to be a completely different boxer to what he had been previously.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #274 on: May 26, 2016, 07:58:42 AM »
Look at tyson furys first 16 opponents, or look at hughie furys 21 opponents.  Dont forget tyson fury was put down by a cruiserweight too.

Boxing is a crooks game, full of politics. One winner which is the promoter.

The difference is the Fury's learn in every fight. They face opponents of ALL styles and so when they come to the top level they know how to handle pretty much everything IF they prove to be good enough.

What has Joshua learned from his early fights? Nothing.