Author Topic: Boxing Thread  (Read 269135 times)

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

Re: Boxing Thread
« Reply #225 on: April 25, 2016, 05:09:35 PM »
There was me thinking you've got four routes for world titles...

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2016, 11:33:06 AM »
State of Fury past couple of days, and this thread is full of people knocking Joshua. World's gone mad.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #227 on: April 28, 2016, 11:40:12 AM »
State of Fury past couple of days, and this thread is full of people knocking Joshua. World's gone mad.

hes leaving us for the states, hes not loved :-* there you go Tyson a kiss of love from me
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #228 on: April 28, 2016, 11:48:42 AM »
Fury is a lot better boxer than people give him credit for, if he and Joshua were to get in the ring this weekend Fury would see him off.

Joshua is doing a good job of beating what is infront of him. He knows he isn't ready yet, Whyte shook him in the fight back in December. I'd say currently both Klitschko and Fury would have too much for him.

Nor should we detract attention away from what is the worst heavyweight division in years. Khan against the Ginger Mexican will be a far better bout than any of the hypothetical match ups that have been banded around the latter pages of this thread.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #229 on: April 28, 2016, 07:09:57 PM »
I saw Tyson Fury's press conference yesterday. In a weird way, I quite like him, I think he's weirdly very funny although does possibly cross the boundary of taking it too far.

His comment of "you lost to a fat man" whilst wobbling his beer gut was hilarious.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: April 28, 2016, 07:18:30 PM »
Fury isnt as daft as people make him out to be! A very clever self publicist. People want to see him get beat and will pay good money to do so. Just adds to his bank balance ;D

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #231 on: April 28, 2016, 09:08:49 PM »
The press conferences and interviews of Fury are much more entertaining than his fights.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #232 on: April 28, 2016, 10:32:53 PM »
Haven't laughed so hard in ages at Fury ripping Klitschko in the press conference

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: May 05, 2016, 11:18:12 AM »
I see Catchweight Canelo looking to avoid GGG! Claiming he does not deserve a fight with him!. WTF is this clown on!. I really hope Khan can win but cant see it.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #234 on: May 06, 2016, 10:26:03 AM »
Doesn't deserve a fight yet he's been mandatory for that belt since 2014.... One way or another Golovkin gets that belt after this fight.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: May 06, 2016, 10:39:14 AM »
Got to admit i cant se khan knocking canelo out. He has to work hard for 12 rounds.

Saying that, if canelo lands on the glass chin i can see the legs wobbling again.

There isnt another fight out there for canelo other than GGG after this one.
West Bromwich Born, Greets Green Bred

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #236 on: May 07, 2016, 12:52:17 AM »
If Amir could stick to his throwing ones and twos and getting out with his speed and movement there's no one bar Mayweather to beat him at his weight in my opinion, Khan just can't help but love to have a tear up and if he does that he's gone with the power of Canelo

tucka9

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #237 on: May 07, 2016, 12:57:58 AM »

Martin has never beaten anyone of note, not a top 10 heavyweight, he was a ridiculous "world champion". The best he beat was Glazkov and he's just about number 15 or so. Joshua has such power he will always destroy weak fighters but when he comes up against class you'll see how one dimensional he is. Fury, Klitschko, Povetkin, Pulev, Wilder, Ortiz, are all too much for Joshua right now.
How do you see Joshua as one dimensional can I ask? He's made one mistake as a pro against Whyte and rode the shot and stopped him, other than that done what's put in front of him?
A man who has won an Olympic gold medal, a world championship silver medal and a couple of ABA titles as an amateur is far from a one dimensional fighter in my opinion, beats every man in the what I would say poor division tomorrow.

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #238 on: May 07, 2016, 07:16:18 AM »
If Amir could stick to his throwing ones and twos and getting out with his speed and movement there's no one bar Mayweather to beat him at his weight in my opinion, Khan just can't help but love to have a tear up and if he does that he's gone with the power of Canelo

Agree with that. For me Khan wins this if he fights clever. Hunter will have a game plan and as you say if he avoids a tear up he has the hand speed to pick off Canelo.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #239 on: May 07, 2016, 10:23:39 AM »
How do you see Joshua as one dimensional can I ask? He's made one mistake as a pro against Whyte and rode the shot and stopped him, other than that done what's put in front of him?
A man who has won an Olympic gold medal, a world championship silver medal and a couple of ABA titles as an amateur is far from a one dimensional fighter in my opinion, beats every man in the what I would say poor division tomorrow.

He cannot fight on the back foot. He's not great on the inside. He has zero upper body / head movement, he has poor footwork. He is a fighter who works off his jab and has genuine power.

The reason he's done what he's done is he has not fought one world top 25 fighter. His power is too much for bad fighters he will always look sensational against dross.

The number one heavyweight at the moment is Tyson Fury - he beat THE man. Fury would make Joshua look ridiculous at the moment he'd box his head off from the outside. Wladimir would knock Joshua out. Wlad hits at least as hard as Joshua and since he adjusted his game about twelve or so years ago no-one has ever come close to having Wladimir Klitschko in trouble, he is very, very difficult to land on and once Wlad lands the right hand on the static Joshua it's lights out.

That's just two fighters there are others out there that I'd expect to beat Joshua. There are people out there that are SEVERAL levels above anybody Joshua has faced so far.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #240 on: May 07, 2016, 11:22:41 AM »
Khan's going to be giving a big size and weight advantage to Canelo. Will be interesting to see how he copes at potentially being bullied by the most experienced boxer (for his age) in the business. There's a reason he's the best LB for LB Boxer about, can see Khan going round 4 or 5.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #241 on: May 07, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
Khan's going to be giving a big size and weight advantage to Canelo. Will be interesting to see how he copes at potentially being bullied by the most experienced boxer (for his age) in the business. There's a reason he's the best LB for LB Boxer about, can see Khan going round 4 or 5.

He's nowhere near the best LB 4 LB. Golovkin, Gonzalez, Ward, Kovalev, Pacquiao, Crawford, Rigondeaux - are all better than Canelo. I know Boxrec have Canelo at number one but hardly anyone into boxing does, in fact I don't think I've ever seen anyone put him as number one.

In terms of the fight with Khan, Khan has the speed to give Alvarez massive problems. If he can keep on the move Amir has a real chance because Alvarez loves fighting against brawlers what he really struggles with is people who box and move i.e. Mayweather, Lara.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: May 07, 2016, 01:16:36 PM »
lb for lb no doubt GGG. Noone is going to stop him.

I got a small feeling khan may well suprise us all tonight.

After watching the weigh in canelo looked so small, i expect him to put on nearly a stone in weight when the first bell rings which maybe the difference.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: May 07, 2016, 01:49:47 PM »
lb for lb no doubt GGG. Noone is going to stop him.

Shame nobody will fight or he'd 110% be considered it.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #244 on: May 07, 2016, 03:03:11 PM »

Sorry mate but there is no way Canelo is P4P the best. The likes of Ward, Gonzales,Golovkin,Kovalev,Rigondeaux all better. The Middleweight champ  who insists people come down to 155 to fight him.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #245 on: May 08, 2016, 08:12:52 AM »
Amir Khan, the new canvas man. What a KO.

Anthony Crolla, what a fight that was, great victory in manchester.

Adder

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: May 08, 2016, 11:56:38 AM »
That was always going to happen to Khan in this fight unless he kept 100% risk free strategy. His chin has always been a bit dubious and fighting two weights higher was a huge risk.

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #247 on: May 08, 2016, 12:04:21 PM »
Hopefully Canelo will give the public the fight they want to see against GGG. Always gong to be a big ask for Khan stepping up. Fair play to him for taking the fight.

M666EYS

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #248 on: May 18, 2016, 08:04:20 PM »
Ended up booking Bellew tickets for next week, not really a fan of his, comes across a bit of a nob. Hope he does the business though.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: May 19, 2016, 10:15:34 AM »
Well Canelo is a pussy then. Vacated WBC title and gave to GGG so doesn't have to fight at 160lbs. He'll now try and negotiate a deal at 155lbs which GGG won't accept.

I hate boxing.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"