Author Topic: Blue card to be introduced  (Read 804 times)

alex1

• WBA Coach

Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

KYA

• WBA Coach

Re: Blue card to be introduced
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2024, 04:50:37 PM »
10 min might be the start, a real effect is if two players go in quick succession .
Will be interesting to see how refs decide what is Blue and what is yellow.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2024, 04:51:05 PM »
10 minute sin-bin is not much of a deterrent.

I feel that it would be. The team have to play with only 10 men. Removing 10 minutes out of ninety.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2024, 06:12:29 PM »
I like the principle but worry about the complexity, lines will be so blurred and the poor refs who have this and VAR to contend with will be on a hiding to nothing
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2024, 06:14:38 PM »
Nothing wrong with the current card system. The problem is consistency and a third card doesn’t change that. 

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2024, 06:46:29 PM »
When does blue become yellow ? It’s just adding to refs problems what is a blue one week will be a yellow and therefore possibly a red next game . Once more we are guilty of over complicating a simple game !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2024, 07:49:22 PM »
Stop messing around with things, this will  just create more controversy and confusion.

bennybreakaway

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2024, 10:42:36 PM »
It'll just go the same way as the GAA, players on the team with 10 men will go down injured to eat into the 10 minutes

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2024, 11:06:25 PM »
It'll just go the same way as the GAA, players on the team with 10 men will go down injured to eat into the 10 minutes

I was about to post about my own experiences in field hockey with sin bins, but you raise a very good point that in football (and I assume GAA), the clock never stops, unlike Rugby and Field Hockey.

I'm general I'm in favour of sin bins, and I'm glad cynical fouls are being looked at more severely.

Some of the other things being looked at, like a corner being award if a goalkeeper is penalised for time wasting, are really interested.

I sometimes feel like football is far too set in its ways, and some new innovations would shake the sport up a bit
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2024, 07:01:47 AM »
Nothing wrong with the current card system. The problem is consistency and a third card doesn’t change that.
Spot on Johnny
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

The Tank

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2024, 09:00:10 AM »
First yellow should be 10 minutes in the sin bin.  That way, the team "sinned against" gain a benefit, not some other team in 6/7 weeks time when the points have accumulated against the "sinner"

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2024, 09:08:27 AM »
someone on tv raised a good point about players in bin getting injured because they are cold coming back on. I s'pose the answer is don't get carded then.

My money is on refs using the blue for dissent mainly

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2024, 09:12:56 AM »
I was about to post about my own experiences in field hockey with sin bins, but you raise a very good point that in football (and I assume GAA), the clock never stops, unlike Rugby and Field Hockey.

I'm general I'm in favour of sin bins, and I'm glad cynical fouls are being looked at more severely.

Some of the other things being looked at, like a corner being award if a goalkeeper is penalised for time wasting, are really interested.

I sometimes feel like football is far too set in its ways, and some new innovations would shake the sport up a bit

I agree, it's the coaches who train players to be cynical and a "simple" game becomes complicated.  what happened to the ruling that if players obstructed a free kick the kick could go forward 10 yards as used in football and hockey?

Another innovation would be to allow free kicks to be taken straightaway as soon as the ball is stationary and not wait for ages whilst the offending team marshals its defence.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2024, 10:22:06 AM »

There's a limit to changes never liked the American ideas of shootout and the like if games are tied.
One of the best things about the FA Cup before penalty deciders were introduced was when teams played 4or5 games to settle a tie, they always got the attention of the footballing public.
Change for the sake of it is not always a good idea.