Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 718022 times)

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2019, 09:23:01 PM »
Jokanovic seems the standout one, think its widely reported that in the summer the Fulham owners son got involved and signed players who he wanted not jokanovic.

whoever it is has their work cut out, if we go up these players have contracts and will probably end up staying and the new bloke has to buck the trend of three previous managers and two years of decline and get them to be good enough for the premier league.

if we stay down the club will probably look to cash in on a lot of the players due to less parachute money meaning the new manager can build their own squad, however as this season has shown neither the owners or a section of our fans have patience so the rebuilt squad will need to be top 2 and playing good football from day one or they will be under big pressure.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2019, 09:23:14 PM »
Reckon it will be somebody like Moyes til end of season if he gets us up the jobs his if not its all up in the air again and the decision will be his

Baggie for life not just for Xmas

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2019, 09:23:36 PM »
Lee johnson of Bristol city has been linked a few times in the past, he was third fav before Moore got the job. can't see Monk leaving Brum.
Wouldn't want fat Sam.
or Mark Hughes.

Christ I’d forgotten about Mark Hughes.  Please no...

Moyes wouldn’t be the worst option. Apart from failing at United (was he worse than LVG or Mourinho at the end) his record isn’t as bad as most people think

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #53 on: March 09, 2019, 09:24:54 PM »
He’s manager of Leuven in Belgium

Got sacked last month
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Smethwickender93

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: March 09, 2019, 09:29:29 PM »
Steve Clarke anyone?

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: March 09, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »
Got sacked last month

Ok thanks - I’d missed that

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #56 on: March 09, 2019, 09:34:11 PM »
Steve Clarke anyone?

Could do a lot worse.  Is doing a fine job with limited upside at Killie, and is clearly angling for a move back to England by his recent comments re bigotry in Scotland.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s Moyes. He was willing to take a short contract at West Ham, kept them up and they finished 13th but he still left.

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #57 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:37 PM »
Steve Clarke's name popped into my head when I was making the tea. I think he feels he was sacked prematurely and wouldn't say no. Don't have any strong opinions other than none of the dinosaurs please

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: March 09, 2019, 09:38:56 PM »
Wow after seeing all these names I don't know what I was worried about.
Jesus H Christ.
Moore was called clueless many times, but we trust the likes of Jenkins and Lai to get the next appointment right? The irony is absurd.
Clueless doesn't even cut it.
Sky poll of 30000 people 91% say we are stupid.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: March 09, 2019, 09:39:13 PM »
Jokanovic has twice won promotion including the play offs last season so he seem's the obvious pick. I'd be surprised if it wasn't him and official website states hope to announce new manager soon so it's probably going to be someone out of work.

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: March 09, 2019, 09:41:13 PM »
 Jokanovic for me. Make the decision based on us having to rebuild in the Champ next season, and if he does manage to get us up through the playoffs from this position then consider it a bonus.

Sadly as others have said I have very little confidence in the board to make the right appointment these days. The last 3 or 4 now have been very poor.

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: March 09, 2019, 09:43:20 PM »
Jesus H Christ.
Moore was called clueless many times, but we trust the likes of Jenkins and Lai to get the next appointment right? The irony is absurd.

On that basis I’m sure he’ll secure another high profile appointment some time soon.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2019, 09:46:07 PM »
hate short term appointments because it's the usual names that crop up.
it's obvious the club won't go down the route of long term else Moore would've been given more time.
ideally I'd like someone who can build a young team and utilises the academy.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: March 09, 2019, 09:51:37 PM »
Jesus H Christ.

How many of them have watched us play even once this season do you reckon?

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: March 09, 2019, 09:53:41 PM »
How many of them have watched us play even once this season do you reckon?

Exactly. None of them give a stuff about us.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: March 09, 2019, 09:54:01 PM »
Failed with Fulham in the Prem due to the amount of players they signed and tried to get in the team, he wouldn't have that money to spend here. Didn't fail at Watford though as he left before the season started due to not agreeing a new deal

Hadn’t realised he had got Watford promotion before leaving, my bad. His record is better than i’ve Given it credit for when considering that.

I’d still like a left field appointment, but i’d Prefer Jokanovic to Wagner, Karanka, Moyes, Hughes etc.
Boing Boing

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: March 09, 2019, 09:57:10 PM »
Jesus H Christ.

If those 30000 people have watched every Albion match this season, can name our full 23+ man squad and give their opinion on our best XI and their favourite aspects of Darren Moore's tactical set-up then I'll be concerned. If not, then their opinions are irrelevant, unwanted and pointless.

If Jokanovic is the leading target, as reported, then I'll trust in the board over some armchair Man United fan that votes on a sky sports poll.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #67 on: March 09, 2019, 09:58:12 PM »
I’d be happy with Wagner or Jokanovic, I’d still consider Rowett, his spells at blues and derby were good, stoke was a disaster but they’ve hardly improved since he’s left so I’d think the issues went way beyond him.
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Barrington

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 09, 2019, 10:01:39 PM »
He wouldn't be my absolute first choice (and I don't think he will be in the running), but I wouldn't at all be against a return for Tony Mowbray.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: March 09, 2019, 10:02:44 PM »
I’d be happy with Wagner or Jokanovic, I’d still consider Rowett, his spells at blues and derby were good, stoke was a disaster but they’ve hardly improved since he’s left so I’d think the issues went way beyond him.
Don't get the fondness for Rowett, yet to see any of his team's play exciting football, it was a notch above Pulisball from what I've see.

bry

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #70 on: March 09, 2019, 10:06:58 PM »
Out of the list of contenders it would be Wagner for me. I'd love Gary Monk but that's not realistic.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: March 09, 2019, 10:10:09 PM »
If those 30000 people have watched every Albion match this season, can name our full 23+ man squad and give their opinion on our best XI and their favourite aspects of Darren Moore's tactical set-up then I'll be concerned. If not, then their opinions are irrelevant, unwanted and pointless.

If Jokanovic is the leading target, as reported, then I'll trust in the board over some armchair Man United fan that votes on a sky sports poll.
Do we know that about our rivals? Never stopped us using it as a stick to best Darren with.
Nevermind, let's just trust the same bunch who employed this "clueless" novice.

mig

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: March 09, 2019, 10:13:36 PM »
He wouldn't be my absolute first choice (and I don't think he will be in the running), but I wouldn't at all be against a return for Tony Mowbray.

I did think about Mowbray earlier but glad you're the one who brought him up! I agree that he won't be on the shortlist but given how Blackburn have fallen away he may well be interested were we to consider him.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: March 09, 2019, 10:17:33 PM »
I did think about Mowbray earlier but glad you're the one who brought him up! I agree that he won't be on the shortlist but given how Blackburn have fallen away he may well be interested were we to consider him.
Let's sack a manager who's 4th and employ one who's mid table and on a worse run than us.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: March 09, 2019, 10:18:18 PM »
Slavan Bilic if we can get him !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!