Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 325734 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: Claudio Yacob signed Offical
« Reply #475 on: August 05, 2012, 03:28:06 PM »
He was just very tidy. Don't think he ever gave away possession but was keeping his passing nice and simple but it looks like he could get stuck in when he needs to. Overall it was just a tidy little debut and I hope to see more from him in the coming season but the signs at Sheffield Wednesday were all positive.

richjonawba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #476 on: August 05, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
need a player like him in the premier league to build from the back.

Otherwise, because of the lack of pressuring by premier league strikers, you rely too much on defenders to start attacks as we did last season, and unless you have some top quality footballing centre backs (we dont) you lose the ball too much.

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #477 on: August 05, 2012, 03:54:12 PM »
Very neat yesterday - can win the ball BUT seemed to be able to pass easily to an Albion shirt also.
Great vision with his chipped forward ball late on.

Contrast to Mulumbu yesterday who was at his wasteful best !  (I'm a Mulumbu fan by the way)
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

RacingClub

« Reply #478 on: August 06, 2012, 09:18:40 PM »
Hi Albion Fans, Im from Argentina and i just logged to share with you some things about Yacob. Well im a huge fan of Racing Club and Claudio is a very decent player, he played at high level a couple of years ago.
The major issue with him is his behave, he has some big problems in the club cause of his bad manners... f.e : he refuse to get sub, he argue with the directives cause he wants to raise his wage.
Now in the field he showed us that if he put in his mind he can be a Great Mid for you guys, looks like Gago hes good passing the ball and pressing in the mid, he also can play as CB sometimes...
The caps in Argentina are not the most important because that caps was in the "local team" and a lot of players was called in that time... but in the u-20 he played very well.

The thing is if you guys can put him in his place before he start arguing or showing bad respect, you can have a great player (remember when he was playing in Racing at his best... he received calls from Arsenal, United, Fiorentina and Napoli)

Well thats what i want to share with you guys i hope you can read it and sorry for my bad english!

The best from Albions !

Mat15(MH)

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #479 on: August 06, 2012, 09:23:00 PM »
Hi Albion Fans, Im from Argentina and i just logged to share with you some things about Yacob. Well im a huge fan of Racing Club and Claudio is a very decent player, he played at high level a couple of years ago.
The major issue with him is his behave, he has some big problems in the club cause of his bad manners... f.e : he refuse to get sub, he argue with the directives cause he wants to raise his wage.
Now in the field he showed us that if he put in his mind he can be a Great Mid for you guys, looks like Gago hes good passing the ball and pressing in the mid, he also can play as CB sometimes...
The caps in Argentina are not the most important because that caps was in the "local team" and a lot of players was called in that time... but in the u-20 he played very well.

The thing is if you guys can put him in his place before he start arguing or showing bad respect, you can have a great player (remember when he was playing in Racing at his best... he received calls from Arsenal, United, Fiorentina and Napoli)

Well thats what i want to share with you guys i hope you can read it and sorry for my bad english!

The best from Albions !

Thanks for the information about him mate, good to hear things about him from someone who has witnessed him in action first hand.

Welcome to the board!  ;D

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #480 on: August 06, 2012, 09:29:54 PM »

The best from Albions !

Love it when overseas posters come on here and say 'sorry for my bad english', when its near perfect and better than half of the regular posters! ;D
Baggie in Southampton

RacingClub

« Reply #481 on: August 06, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »
Thanks A Lot!

I cant wait to the EPL to start!

I Hope you start with a victory , i like Odewingie hes good too!

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #482 on: August 06, 2012, 09:40:36 PM »
Thanks A Lot!

Just out of interest. How is the EPL seen by football fans in Argentina? Is there much interest and how much is shown on your TV?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #483 on: August 06, 2012, 10:18:25 PM »
Thanks A Lot!

Hopefully this will rub off on some of our fans closer to home!! Welcome to the board, I am very excited about the Yacob signing.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

rubyruby

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #484 on: August 06, 2012, 11:19:51 PM »
A player that can naturally play deep and pass short and long with a real creative edge could be extremely useful. I am hopeful.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #485 on: August 06, 2012, 11:57:31 PM »
A player that can naturally play deep and pass short and long with a real creative edge could be extremely useful. I am hopeful.

And me, our transition from defence to attack is often a bit clumsy, hopefully with a more talented defensive midfield player that will improve and make good use of our pace up front.
Baggie in Southampton

RacingClub

« Reply #486 on: August 07, 2012, 01:53:26 AM »
Just out of interest. How is the EPL seen by football fans in Argentina? Is there much interest and how much is shown on your TV?

Hi, look my personal opinion is that the EPL is the best league of all, here is very important.
Im in position to say that is the 2nd league more important (1st spanish, but i prefer EPL)

and in the sport channels from here (ESPN, Fox ,ESPN+) dont show a lot of matches, always the important ones like Arsenal, Utd, City, Liverpool... but theres always a stream to watch the other matches!

now i ask to you guys... how is the Argentinian Tournament seen there?
i know its not the best one in this times... and you guys know anything about my club Racing?

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #487 on: August 07, 2012, 02:44:54 AM »
Hi, look my personal opinion is that the EPL is the best league of all, here is very important.
Im in position to say that is the 2nd league more important (1st spanish, but i prefer EPL)

and in the sport channels from here (ESPN, Fox ,ESPN+) dont show a lot of matches, always the important ones like Arsenal, Utd, City, Liverpool... but theres always a stream to watch the other matches!

i know its not the best one in this times... and you guys know anything about my club Racing?

I haven't seen very many Primera División games. But Boca Juniors did very well in the Copa Libertadores, which I saw. There are more and better Internet streams for the Brasileirão, so that's what I end up watching.

But I'll be sure to watch the final of the Copa Argentina (Racing v Boca Juniors) on Wednesday. ¡Buena suerte!

RacingClub

« Reply #488 on: August 07, 2012, 05:16:03 AM »
Oh Thanks, Im very excited for that match... i hope you guys cheers for RACING  ;D

we build a pretty strong team with new players...
incluiding the World Cup winner Mauro Camoranesi!

and some interesting players like Ortiz, Villar, Sand...
and the youngsters Corvalan, Vietto and Centurion (This one particulary is a promise jewel , lot of ability, we need to take him very slowly but he can be a big surprise)

tegga

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #489 on: August 07, 2012, 07:40:45 PM »
Oh Thanks, Im very excited for that match... i hope you guys cheers for RACING  ;D

we build a pretty strong team with new players...
incluiding the World Cup winner Mauro Camoranesi!

and some interesting players like Ortiz, Villar, Sand...
and the youngsters Corvalan, Vietto and Centurion (This one particulary is a promise jewel , lot of ability, we need to take him very slowly but he can be a big surprise)
He may be a good player, but with a name like Villar, i would find it difficult to cheer him, all the same i hope Racing beat Boco.

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #490 on: August 07, 2012, 07:45:59 PM »
Racing, while you're on here what are your thoughts on Tintin Viola? Signed for my team Sporting but is playing his final game for Racing in the final on the 10th.

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #491 on: August 07, 2012, 10:54:04 PM »
Didn't Camoranesi sign for Lanus just last year?

I have only watched a few Argentinian games usually on a betting stream whilst bored. I know a bit from computer games as well.  :D

I know Racing are a big club in Argentina with a big Stadium and following. I like the league format, which is rather bizarre, where there are two titles to play for a season and relegation is done by average points over 6 years - it must keep it very interesting for all teams.

Have River been promoted? I assume they will be challenging for titles. I imagine it is rather difficult for Argentinian clubs as there isn't much money especially compared to Brazil and the limit on foreign players - probably makes the league more open though. I assume the Copa Libertadores is pretty much monopolised by Brazilian sides.

I quite like Lanus and Racing for some reason - I hope you both do well.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:55:36 PM by KingKoren »

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #492 on: August 07, 2012, 11:03:03 PM »

I kept my eye on the Argentina Primera last season, a fascinating league. Was crazy that Tigre could have won the league and been relegated due to the relegation system you have! Dont know much about Racing as a club , although I see you have Camoranesi , interesting player to have. Good luck for the season ahead!

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #493 on: August 07, 2012, 11:13:09 PM »
I kept my eye on the Argentina Primera last season, a fascinating league. Was crazy that Tigre could have won the league and been relegated due to the relegation system you have! Dont know much about Racing as a club , although I see you have Camoranesi , interesting player to have. Good luck for the season ahead!

Camoranesi kicked a Racing player in the face last season after being shown a red card for a headbutt, while playing for Lanus.

RacingClub

« Reply #494 on: August 08, 2012, 02:31:32 AM »
Racing, while you're on here what are your thoughts on Tintin Viola? Signed for my team Sporting but is playing his final game for Racing in the final on the 10th.

THE FINAL IS TOMORROW! not the 10th!

well my opinion of Viola is that he is a great young player with bright future... he have speed, body and shoot... if im going to compare him with a known player i have to say that he looks like Aguero but he needs to improve some things to be that good! but for sure is one of the best players that we promote from the young divisions! and now we have another good sub young Luciano Vietto keep an eye on him too he's just been promoted to train with the first team!

Tegga, Villar is not a name is his last name his name is Diego!

Didn't Camoranesi sign for Lanus just last year?

I have only watched a few Argentinian games usually on a betting stream whilst bored. I know a bit from computer games as well.  :D

I know Racing are a big club in Argentina with a big Stadium and following. I like the league format, which is rather bizarre, where there are two titles to play for a season and relegation is done by average points over 6 years - it must keep it very interesting for all teams.

Have River been promoted? I assume they will be challenging for titles. I imagine it is rather difficult for Argentinian clubs as there isn't much money especially compared to Brazil and the limit on foreign players - probably makes the league more open though. I assume the Copa Libertadores is pretty much monopolised by Brazilian sides.

I quite like Lanus and Racing for some reason - I hope you both do well.

Yeah he signed for Lanus but not renew his contract and now sign with Racing!
The tournament has changed this year... is similar than the other one (now is called Torneo Inicial & Torneo Final, not Apertura & Clausura anymore...)
the 2 champions still remains and now is going to be a "super final" between the 2 champs for a cup!

River promoted this year yes, but started bad losing 1-2 with Belgrano (the team that send them to 2nd Division LOL! )

ALBION07 : tigre is not relegated they still in 1st due to the great final part of the tournament they did! the ones who has been relegated was Olimpo and Banfield.

Albion07

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2012, 12:14:10 PM »
THE FINAL IS TOMORROW! not the 10th!

well my opinion of Viola is that he is a great young player with bright future... he have speed, body and shoot... if im going to compare him with a known player i have to say that he looks like Aguero but he needs to improve some things to be that good! but for sure is one of the best players that we promote from the young divisions! and now we have another good sub young Luciano Vietto keep an eye on him too he's just been promoted to train with the first team!

Tegga, Villar is not a name is his last name his name is Diego!

Yeah he signed for Lanus but not renew his contract and now sign with Racing!
The tournament has changed this year... is similar than the other one (now is called Torneo Inicial & Torneo Final, not Apertura & Clausura anymore...)
the 2 champions still remains and now is going to be a "super final" between the 2 champs for a cup!

River promoted this year yes, but started bad losing 1-2 with Belgrano (the team that send them to 2nd Division LOL! )

ALBION07 : tigre is not relegated they still in 1st due to the great final part of the tournament they did! the ones who has been relegated was Olimpo and Banfield.
Yeah I know Tigre werent relegated, I just find the possibility that they could have been relegated and win the league interesting ( even if they ended up doing neither)

Quakes Fan

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #496 on: August 09, 2012, 02:05:31 AM »
Damn, Boca just got a second. 0-2  63'.  :(

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool de Racing!  1-2   69'

4 minutes added. Now or never.

All over. Boca wins 2-1. Boca could have had four if not for some heroic defending by Racing.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:39:01 AM by Quakes Fan »

BromsgroveWBA

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #497 on: August 10, 2012, 10:56:50 AM »
Racing - when i was in Argentina for the Copa America, i had a look around your stadium, which was superb. Really want to take in a Racing - Independiente game there, as i bet the atmosphere would be out of this world.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #498 on: August 10, 2012, 11:34:38 AM »
Just thought i'd let you all know... he's rated 77 on Fifa! haha  ;D
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

RacingClub

« Reply #499 on: August 13, 2012, 12:12:28 AM »
Sorry for being late! well we lost the cup , we did what we can , but it wasnt enough!

Racing - when i was in Argentina for the Copa America, i had a look around your stadium, which was superb. Really want to take in a Racing - Independiente game there, as i bet the atmosphere would be out of this world.

in fact , i think is one of the most shocking matches in southamerica, the same for boca-river but Racing - Indepte is huge! is the biggest show i ever seen!

you talk about atmosphere take a look at this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_G2lADmpaQ

AMAZING!