Author Topic: Claudio Yacob (Left, now at Nottm Forest)  (Read 327577 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Claudio Yacob
« Reply #225 on: July 19, 2012, 05:16:47 PM »
If we want him that bad perhaps we should fix an appointment with Jimmy Carrs accountant(probably a friend of Jp's)!! ;) ;)
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #226 on: July 19, 2012, 05:18:52 PM »
Following on from a few comments above, Firstly I don't understand why people 'Create' Speculation. Is it to be noticed by other users? or just to try and be different. When a deal especially with a free agent it can be even more complicated, they are free to talk to which ever and how many clubs they want, with little or no restrictions. When this deal became public, it sparked more club's to make a move for him as it always does, and following on from what BH baggie said, the language barrier and other factor's in a deal can drag things out.
However yes I do hope he sign's I think he will be that box to box midfielder we are lacking. We have attacking midfielders we have a defensive midfielder in Mulumbu, And Yacob really fit's the model in between both attacking and defensive. However if he and I repeat he chooses not to sign, then it's not the end of the world as Albion will just move on and find and discover other target, maybe better targets.

first question is already answered.
second is Yacob seems even more defensive minded than Mulumbu and Scharner. I believe it's the other way around. Mulumbu will have license to move up with yacob supplying the ball. i wouldn't be surprised if this turns out that Mulumbu's goal record increases next season to what it was two years ago

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: July 19, 2012, 05:21:38 PM »
If we want him that bad perhaps we should fix an appointment with Jimmy Carrs accountant(probably a friend of Jp's)!! ;) ;)
What you talking about Willis?!
you implying JP's Dodgy? perish the thought.  :)

Jamesa2407

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #228 on: July 19, 2012, 05:27:41 PM »
first question is already answered.
second is Yacob seems even more defensive minded than Mulumbu and Scharner. I believe it's the other way around. Mulumbu will have license to move up with yacob supplying the ball. i wouldn't be surprised if this turns out that Mulumbu's goal record increases next season to what it was two years ago

This is a fair comment, However Mulumbu's weakness does seem to be on the ball. He seem's to be able to sweep up the midfield and tackle all day long, when he get's the ball at his feet he can miss place passes or not be quite sure what to do with it (sometimes)! I am not criticising as mulumbu is vital to our team, I would just personally see yacob further up the pitch
"We Are West Bromwich Albion
West Bromwich Albion FC"

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #229 on: July 19, 2012, 05:44:27 PM »
If the numbers in the Argentine press are to be believed the offer from Botafogo is the best part of £80,000 a week and Brazil has a top tax rate of 27% I think I understand why he might prefer to go there.

Taxation here is somewhat higher than in Argentina but it is almost irrelevant given that he would be getting a very substantial increase when compared to his earnings in Argentina whose football clubs are far from the wealthiest even in South America, there is a reason why virtually the whole of the Argentinian national team is based overseas.

The long and short of this has little or nothing with him being shocked at our tax rates but everything to do with Botafogo offering more money closer to home and with a more favourable tax regime to boot. Is there much the club do about this? Not really. Is the timing unfortunate given that we have passed the opportunity of signing Doumbia largely because we thought we had an agreement with Yacob? Yes as we now seem to be back to square 1. :(
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #230 on: July 19, 2012, 05:51:54 PM »
I think we all know, after meeting Jeremy Peace with the intention of cancelling his pre-contract, he will be playing for us next season, for £11 a week, he'll stay with us for seven years, after which we'll sell him for £148 million, with 6 months of his contract remaining.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #231 on: July 19, 2012, 06:21:51 PM »
Take him to court. He signed the contract, when signing a contract you can't suddenly demand to have it voided because you've changed your mind.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2012, 06:27:31 PM »
In the clear light of day I would expect that if he does want to go to Brazil then Botafago would end up paying us a small fee to release him from the pre contract and as they need to sign him by tomorrow we have a good bargaining position.
Gera, Gera, Gera

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2012, 06:36:53 PM »
it sounded like it was so close to being done, so i'm guessing there is something signed which is complicate everything, do we have a saga on our hands?! Not many direct quotes out there from anybody
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2012, 06:41:09 PM »
In the clear light of day I would expect that if he does want to go to Brazil then Botafago would end up paying us a small fee to release him from the pre contract and as they need to sign him by tomorrow we have a good bargaining position.

Agreed there is very little point in compelling him to come and play with us but someone should buy-out the pre contract agreement which should be binding otherwise what is the point of the agreement?
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2012, 06:48:40 PM »
I agree with Baggies.

If he's been stupid enough to sign for us, then go home and want to sign for Botafago for $£$£ then that's entirely down to him. Add to this his apparent need to sign by tomorrow or not at all?! Botafago are seemingly extreamly rich. So they can have us agree to cancel for £1million or tough.

We can't cave in, we'll look weak. Plus the money from this will even out our expenses and help towards the wages of someone else.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2012, 06:51:11 PM »
If Botafogo can afford to shell out £80,000 a week to one player then we should have a cast iron case for demanding at least £1m.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #237 on: July 19, 2012, 06:53:38 PM »
Were all going paper talk, no facts have been given to us as of yet. Who's to say he wont be a baggie on Friday. The Brazil club would of signed him by now if they really wanted him. Lets just wait for now.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 06:55:16 PM by wba1993dave »
BOING BOING

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #238 on: July 19, 2012, 06:55:08 PM »
if he has signed a pre-contract agreement then technically he is our player! we should be able to ask what we want for him?

Mossi28

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #239 on: July 19, 2012, 06:56:28 PM »
I agree with Baggies.

If he's been stupid enough to sign for us, then go home and want to sign for Botafago for $£$£ then that's entirely down to him. Add to this his apparent need to sign by tomorrow or not at all?! Botafago are seemingly extreamly rich. So they can have us agree to cancel for £1million or tough.

We can't cave in, we'll look weak. Plus the money from this will even out our expenses and help towards the wages of someone else.

I honestly don't think JP would cave in, this is the man who got 4 million for Nathan Ellington!

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #240 on: July 19, 2012, 07:39:05 PM »
Someone posted earlier about why do people speculate about transfers,is it to bring attention to the poster?.
Thats the whole point of the transfer forum is it not otherwise why bother having this forum.
One eventuality not raised about Yacob is where does everybody stand if he dosent sign for Botafoga before the deadline.
A bit akward then to say the least.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #241 on: July 19, 2012, 07:46:12 PM »
If the Argentinian and Brazilian press have got this right, then im not sure if he is worth pressuring into signing. If we can get a fee for him it might be worth considering. It would be a blow to lose our top target but do we want a player who potentially does not want to move here?

These stories must have come from somewhere, be it his agent or somebody else.
Boing Boing

EveshamBaggy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #242 on: July 19, 2012, 08:10:24 PM »
Can someone tell me where the reports that it has broken down have come from?

baggielad82

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #243 on: July 19, 2012, 08:27:30 PM »
Can someone tell me where the reports that it has broken down have come from?

Yes, I'm wondering that too. Not seen anything about this anywhere myself!
I'm watching you Ghandi!!!

bradleysrocket

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #244 on: July 19, 2012, 08:29:13 PM »
Yes, I'm wondering that too. Not seen anything about this anywhere myself!
In the local to him (Argentina) papers.

KYA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #245 on: July 19, 2012, 08:39:17 PM »
Its reported on Telam a news site if you want to view it yourself you will need to translate it.

EveshamBaggy

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #246 on: July 19, 2012, 08:56:04 PM »
Its reported on Telam a news site if you want to view it yourself you will need to translate it.

Thanks, seems a bit far fetched to me. But who knows...

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #247 on: July 19, 2012, 11:01:17 PM »
Botafogo been leaking goals left, right and centre, so would need someone to plug gaps, £80k a week though :o massive massive massive money in Brazil, i'd be disappointed if we couldnt complete with wages with a S American team

EDIT: $250k = £160k so £40k a week.... surely we were paying Scharner around 30-40k a week or something stupidly big like that? Wouldn't it be about the same if we offered him this... 40K * 4 weeks = £160k @ 50% tax = £80k a month  plus a signing on fee effectively as a 'transfer fee'.

Hmmm, maybe he didn't like what he saw when he visited...
« Last Edit: July 19, 2012, 11:14:51 PM by Ross »

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #248 on: July 19, 2012, 11:11:36 PM »
80k a week

No chance lol
BOING BOING

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: July 19, 2012, 11:25:08 PM »
CL - Update in Friday's Birmingham Mail.
BOING BOING