Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843979 times)

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #2950 on: February 11, 2019, 10:23:39 AM »
The team that started Saturday is more than capable of going on a run and winning this division.

Tomorrows game is massive, win that and we look like serious contenders to at least take 2nd spot.

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2951 on: February 11, 2019, 10:29:40 AM »
What are you disagreeing with?
I said we all make mistakes

You need to stop telling people what they need to do

Sorry Sir.

Lets agree to disagree, we'll see where DM takes us come the end fo the season wont we.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #2952 on: February 12, 2019, 12:34:38 PM »

You need to stop telling people what they need to do
Oh, the irony..... :D

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2953 on: February 12, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
Looking like it's playoffs for us and I don't think that's guaranteed, home form is woeful and without the talent of Barnes Moore and Jones are getting found out with their inability to be able to break teams down. Think their reliance on favourites will cost them in long run.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2954 on: February 12, 2019, 10:03:15 PM »
Gone from unconvinced to wondering if the blokes one dimensional or just ignorant. Not for me Big Dave sorry.

His plan A got sussed fast and the sames happened to his plan B but still he perseveres.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #2955 on: February 12, 2019, 10:06:12 PM »
Fast becoming an unchanging dinosaur like Pulis.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2956 on: February 12, 2019, 10:17:27 PM »
Fast becoming an unchanging dinosaur like Pulis.
no matter what we thought of Pulisball at least he was tactically aware this coaching staff is anything but and the football is becoming as bad. Moore and Jones look clueless and will cost us our best hope of promotion, same mistakes cost us week in week out and think we will end up outside play offs.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2957 on: February 12, 2019, 10:34:03 PM »
We're under achieving a bit now for the squad we have. Not sure what our 'Albion DNA' Darren speaks about os to be honest - 30 passes along the back then a long diagonal ball?  Our best teams were always tough to break down , broke quickly, had a focal point up front and sometimes wingers.

I think we should go back to basics, tight, compact, width and pace at home. fewer risks in possession.  Hit teams on the break away from home. Defend and organise us like he did in the last six games of last season and stop trying to emulate Pep with Pulis defenders or this is going to end in tears sooner than the end of the season.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2958 on: February 12, 2019, 10:37:23 PM »

Right subs at the right time for me. Would of preferred Barry starting instead of Livermore but 3 games in a week is probably to much for him. 

Shame individual mistakes cost us the game.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2959 on: February 12, 2019, 10:43:01 PM »
no matter what we thought of Pulisball at least he was tactically aware this coaching staff is anything but and the football is becoming as bad. Moore and Jones look clueless and will cost us our best hope of promotion, same mistakes cost us week in week out and think we will end up outside play offs.
If the same mistakes are costing us week in week out, then we wouldn't be 4th would we? If Moore and Jones were clueless, we wouldn't be above Swansea and Stoke, who both finished above us last season and spent more money than us last summer, would we? And if you seriously believe that we will finish outside the play offs, and want to back that opinion with some cash, please PM me and I'm sure we can arrange a small wager  ;D ;D

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2960 on: February 12, 2019, 10:46:37 PM »
Yeah, tactically aware enough to play 9 at the back at home against Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Watford etc. etc. etc.

Boro are also below us by the way.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2961 on: February 12, 2019, 10:51:41 PM »
If the same mistakes are costing us week in week out, then we wouldn't be 4th would we? If Moore and Jones were clueless, we wouldn't be above Swansea and Stoke, who both finished above us last season and spent more money than us last summer, would we? And if you seriously believe that we will finish outside the play offs, and want to back that opinion with some cash, please PM me and I'm sure we can arrange a small wager  ;D ;D
simple because we have a forward line that has scored 62 goals and we had a talent in Barnes who made their team talks easy, as for my view on us not being in play offs that's my opinion and I'd never bet against the Baggies

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2962 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:24 PM »
Yeah, tactically aware enough to play 9 at the back at home against Bournemouth, Huddersfield, Watford etc. etc. etc.

Boro are also  below us by the way.
not advocating getting in a Pulis type coach but the football that we are witnessing in the absence of Harvey Barnes is ponderous with no plan from where I'm sitting

maximus

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2963 on: February 12, 2019, 10:56:56 PM »
I did find it funny our two subs was 35 year old Wes and then 37 year old Barry, While Burke isn't considered worthy, Just shows how much we depended on Barnes/Phillips as the runners with the ball. Our loans doing the work all season. What a weird season if anything, Ancient players, Loans all over the joint. But we got some good youth talent.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2964 on: February 12, 2019, 10:59:07 PM »
Panic over. DM said the playing out from the back is going to continue. From Matt Wilson

"It's what's got us to where we are now, we continue to play the football that we feel is right with the personnel we've got. Whenever there's a transition sometimes you've got to take the rough with the smooth to set a culture."

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2965 on: February 12, 2019, 11:06:54 PM »
Regardless of which division we are in they both need to go in my opinion, and I'm sorry to say every Albion fan I know.
I don't know an Albion fan who wanted him to get the job but the run at the end of the season made it impossible not to.
We are where we are in the league because of a few quality players we have or had papering over the many cracks our management team continue to ignore.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2966 on: February 12, 2019, 11:07:54 PM »
simple because we have a forward line that has scored 62 goals and we had a talent in Barnes who made their team talks easy, as for my view on us not being in play offs that's my opinion and I'd never bet against the Baggies
You'd "never bet against the Baggies", but you're quite happy to talk them down. Ok.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2967 on: February 12, 2019, 11:15:59 PM »
I've been critical of Big Dave but I don't know what else he was supposed to do. We were still the better footballing team tonight.

We have been making mistakes ever since Game 1when we lost to Bolton. My gripes were regarding selections.  Murphy was never going to be as good as Barnes.  We can beat Villa.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2968 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:16 PM »
You'd "never bet against the Baggies", but you're quite happy to talk them down. Ok.
if I lived in a fairytale Albion would win the Premier league, champions league, FA Cup, league Cup, European championships and World Cup evey season but sadly I don't. On the basis of our recent form and the form of teams around us I think we will finish 7th which is hard to take. Management team seem to be unable to stop the terrible mistakes that occur in majority of our games and with needing two or more goals to get point, over the season cost teams points.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2969 on: February 12, 2019, 11:17:53 PM »
Listening to D.M on the radio after the match, he said he was delighted with a point, Well i wasn't and I am told that the penalty award was a "joke" but I have not had the chance to see the replay yet. I do know that Sam Johnstone mad an excellent save to keep us in the game at 1-2 , so it is easy to see that we could have quite easily lost the game 3-1. I really do not know what the plan was tonight, but it fell apart after five minutes, and there did not appear to be a plan B.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #2970 on: February 12, 2019, 11:35:51 PM »
Oh, the irony..... :D
It was deliberately so
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2971 on: February 12, 2019, 11:41:20 PM »
Listening to D.M on the radio after the match, he said he was delighted with a point, Well i wasn't and I am told that the penalty award was a "joke" but I have not had the chance to see the replay yet. I do know that Sam Johnstone mad an excellent save to keep us in the game at 1-2 , so it is easy to see that we could have quite easily lost the game 3-1. I really do not know what the plan was tonight, but it fell apart after five minutes, and there did not appear to be a plan B.
ref made up for shocker in first half when Holgate got assaulted

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2972 on: February 12, 2019, 11:43:04 PM »

Interesting, he did not look happy on the sky interview. The only positive he could say was we kept going until the end.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

ashdoy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #2973 on: February 12, 2019, 11:48:11 PM »
Albion fans under Pulis “the football is shocking, bored of this lump it long stuff”

Albion fans under Moore “why are we trying to play football, just revert to basics and not try to change a culture, to improve and move us forward”

Our fan base at times baffles me.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #2974 on: February 12, 2019, 11:51:01 PM »
Albion fans under Pulis “the football is shocking, bored of this lump it long stuff”

Albion fans under Moore “why are we trying to play football, just revert to basics and not try to change a culture, to improve and move us forward”

Our fan base at times baffles me.
owner never invested in first team so we have still got Pulis type players who especially at back our not comfortable on ball and can't pass wind