Author Topic: Jonathan Leko Joins Blues for Undisclosed Fee  (Read 143632 times)

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jonathan Leko
« Reply #375 on: August 08, 2019, 03:14:31 PM »
I hope he doesn't warm their bench.
I thought he would have to go to league one or two.

Very much sink or swim time for leko. Hope he does well
O Albion we love you

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #376 on: August 08, 2019, 03:40:56 PM »
Here's to you having a breakthough season along with Sam, Leko
Heads down & work with your ear's has well as your body.

BONG BONG :)

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #377 on: August 08, 2019, 03:59:30 PM »

Exactly this. Edwards had a loan spell in League 2 (and scored an excellent goal in the play-off final, albeit a consolation goal) and actually played. I fear for Leko re game time. Let's hope he gets games in, he has talent and would love to see him make it for us.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #378 on: August 08, 2019, 04:05:57 PM »
Good Luck JL, Work hard, listen to Bowyer and you will come back a better player for the experience.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #379 on: August 08, 2019, 06:57:17 PM »
Good luck Jonathan, I wish you all the best and nothing but success
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #380 on: August 09, 2019, 11:33:41 AM »
Just don't mention Keiron Dyer and you'll be fine.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #381 on: August 09, 2019, 05:25:39 PM »

Very much sink or swim time for leko. Hope he does well

I agree, I think this is a big one for him. I think Field will go and do well but I have doubts about Leko.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #382 on: August 09, 2019, 05:33:27 PM »
Any chance we get I'd sell Leko. Same goes for Wilson, Melbourne, Fitzwater (once Hegazi is fit). None of them are going to make it and you can take that to the bank.

Plus Robson-Kanu / Phillips go into last year of their contracts. I'd sell HRK if a lower league club makes an offer. Phillips is still too good for lower leagues, I fear we will lose him for nothing next year but that's a smack on the chin we're just going to have to take. Blow maybe soften somewhat with the signing of Pereira who may well become permanent.

NathWBA

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #383 on: August 09, 2019, 05:42:55 PM »
Any chance we get I'd sell Leko. Same goes for Wilson, Melbourne, Fitzwater (once Hegazi is fit). None of them are going to make it and you can take that to the bank.

Plus Robson-Kanu / Phillips go into last year of their contracts. I'd sell HRK if a lower league club makes an offer. Phillips is still too good for lower leagues, I fear we will lose him for nothing next year but that's a smack on the chin we're just going to have to take. Blow maybe soften somewhat with the signing of Pereira who may well become permanent.
I don’t think it’s a case of they won’t make it, it’s a case if they won’t get the opportunities to play here because of the quality ahead of them, they need to go elsewhere to progress their careers, much like sawyers did
The Lord's My Sheperd I'll Not Want
He Makes Me Down To Lie,
In Pastures Green,He Leadeth Me,
The Quiet Waters By.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #384 on: August 09, 2019, 05:48:30 PM »
I don’t think it’s a case of they won’t make it, it’s a case if they won’t get the opportunities to play here because of the quality ahead of them, they need to go elsewhere to progress their careers, much like sawyers did

I think in the cases above they are just not good enough for the Championship or the Premier League. I think Field will make it, I think there are issues there that can be ironed out. Ferguson, yes, O'Shea, yes. The others I just don't think are good enough for anything other than lower leagues.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

Re: Jonathan Leko (on loan at Charlton)
« Reply #385 on: August 09, 2019, 11:26:43 PM »
A lot of people (coaches included) thought Wood, Sawyers and Roofe weren't good enough for anything other than the lower leagues. I realise we can't hold onto players forever and acknowledge there needs to be a cut off point but there's no denying all three of those would have been useful last season. Use the loan out system to develop where possible. If they choose to let their contracts run down of their own accord following such moves there's not much we can do about it. But I'd rather not write our youngsters off just yet.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #386 on: October 02, 2019, 08:16:14 PM »
Recall option in January or at the Valley until May?

Possesses the pace to get in behind as he's lightening quick, pace is something that Austin and HRK certainly don't have.  Zohore is pretty quick but not to a frightening level. 

How I see it we have the playmakers, but someone like him would allow us to go over the top once in a while knowing he would win the footrace with defenders.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #387 on: October 04, 2019, 08:44:04 AM »

Possesses the pace to get in behind as he's lightening quick, pace is something that Austin and HRK certainly don't have.  Zohore is pretty quick but not to a frightening level. 

How I see it we have the playmakers, but someone like him would allow us to go over the top once in a while knowing he would win the footrace with defenders.

Good points. He does seem to be maturing from what I’ve seen. Maybe we recall him if Grady gets recalled.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #388 on: October 04, 2019, 08:49:55 AM »

I would like him to stay until May. He went to Bristol and had one sterling game. After that he was a bit part player only so they did not rate him.

He needs to be more intelligent with the ball for me. He is lightning quick and he can mesmerise you with his ball skills, but he just seems to dribble into blind alleys and ends up getting mugged onto his backside.

Bowyer is a good coach by the looks of it so I hope that he can do something with Jonathan.
MAGA!

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #389 on: October 04, 2019, 08:53:10 AM »
One point here, Leko is NOT lightening quick. He's not slow by any means but he's not blistering either, he wouldn't be as quick as Matt Phillips or Semi Ajayi nor probably Kyle Edwards and he certainly isn't as quick as Oliver Burke.

Hopefully he can perform well enough at Charlton for someone to come in and make us a decent offer. He will never be good enough for us unless we become a mid-lower Championship club IMO.

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #390 on: October 04, 2019, 11:19:40 AM »
Charlton have converted him into a striker which, if it works, could be to our advantage. Successive managers have been reluctant to let him go, so they must see something in him. I still think he's worth persevering with. Who knows, he might surprise us in the end. I think a lot of his problems are in his head and his thought processes. He seems to lack instinct and the big question is can that be developed? Wingers often convert well to the striker role. Question is whether Leko is ultimately a Thierry Henry or an Oliver Burke.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #391 on: October 04, 2019, 11:30:45 AM »
I think someone has already alluded to this on another thread, but Jonathan appears to have been racially abused by the Leeds keeper on Saturday at Charlton, and there is a bit of concern about a note being passed from the bench...….

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24135/leko-abuse
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 11:33:30 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #392 on: October 04, 2019, 01:54:35 PM »
I think someone has already alluded to this on another thread, but Jonathan appears to have been racially abused by the Leeds keeper on Saturday at Charlton, and there is a bit of concern about a note being passed from the bench...….

http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/24135/leko-abuse

There was a rumour that they wanted to target Leko, wind him up and get him sent off. However as far as I am aware he has never shown himself as that type of character so it wouldn't make much sense. It is not like he was on a booking either, where you might try and get him to make a rash inexperienced tackle to pick up another.

In respect of the note, I cant see it to be honest. Leeds have black / mixed race players who I am sure would be outraged. I imagine if the keeper has racially abused Leko, it was him alone.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #393 on: November 02, 2019, 09:05:01 PM »
It looks as if the FA have finally come to some conclusion, which if the reports are correct, may cost dirty Leeds their goalkeeper for a considerable number of games.

Cue the Leeds tinfoil hat brigade to document The Agent Leko Episode as yet another shameful chapter of the FA's historic persecution of LUFC.  ::)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2019, 12:46:46 PM by Wigmore »

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #394 on: November 03, 2019, 01:21:00 PM »
That Leeds fans would be defending Leicester City is shocking ! 🧐
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #395 on: November 04, 2019, 09:45:34 AM »
That Leeds fans would be defending Leicester City is shocking ! 🧐

I was just thinking the same thing!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #396 on: November 11, 2019, 02:20:29 PM »
Played well and scored this weekend. We should really have him back as an option on the bench until Jan and then loan him back if we sign a forward.
I am not sure that is at all possible though as the recall option will likely be January only.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #397 on: November 11, 2019, 02:22:53 PM »
Played well and scored this weekend. We should really have him back as an option on the bench until Jan and then loan him back if we sign a forward.
I am not sure that is at all possible though as the recall option will likely be January only.

I can't see the point of bringing him back to sit on the bench, much better to let him stay and actually get game time.

We've got Edwards and Willock to come in if need be.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #398 on: November 11, 2019, 02:24:00 PM »
I can't see the point of bringing him back to sit on the bench, much better to let him stay and actually get game time.

We've got Edwards and Willock to come in if need be.

I see your point but it seems Willock will never get a sniff

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #399 on: November 11, 2019, 04:59:43 PM »
I see your point but it seems Willock will never get a sniff

He's the victim of our wide players/No.10,s playing so well. We also have enough players covering those positions. I was surprised that we didn't have Willock on the bench against Barnsley when the only attacking player on the bench was HRK.
He does seem to playing well for the U23's though and I'm sure we will see him in the FA Cup.

Should Pellegrini go back on what he said the other day and end Dianganas loan early then I'd expect Willock to be on the bench after Jan.