Author Topic: Next 6 Games.  (Read 7491 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Run in to end of season
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2024, 12:28:42 PM »
Agree with Oldbury. I said yesterday I still thought we would drop out but the next two weeks / four matches were huge. Yesterday’s results were better than realistically expected and I think expectations and the measure of success now changes. Not making the play offs from here would now be a failure.

Our away form has to continue get better though, as does our return when going behind. We have a lot of away matches against teams that will be scrapping and they will be tough matches to come.

Big chance to dent Coventry’s chances further coming up with Norwich also playing Sunderland and Hull, Preston. Thats 5th-10th all playing directly against another in that group in the next set of fixtures.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2024, 12:30:35 PM by johnny Cash »

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

Last Six Games
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2024, 10:16:57 PM »

We've done fantastic last 6 in games (in 15 days I think), especially the last two against play off rivals.

Ipswich (A) -- Draw
Cardiff (H) -- Win
Southampton (H) Loss
Plymouth (A) Win
Hull (A) Draw
Coventry (H) Win

March looks a better run in, be hard to take if we don't make the play offs from here...

gazberg

• WBA Manager

Re: Last Six Games
« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2024, 10:22:46 PM »
11 games to go. 6 against the bottom six. Would be a disaster not to make the play offs from here

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2024, 10:30:44 PM »
Just need to keep our heads. 1.45 points a game gets us to 75 points, which you would think should be enough (although Hull and Norwich have been in annoyingly good form). To put into context, the last 11 games of last season when we didn't even do well and our season fizzled out we got 15 points.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2024, 11:21:31 PM »

We've done fantastic last 6 in games (in 15 days I think), especially the last two against play off rivals.

Ipswich (A) -- Draw
Cardiff (H) -- Win
Southampton (H) Loss
Plymouth (A) Win
Hull (A) Draw
Coventry (H) Win

March looks a better run in, be hard to take if we don't make the play offs from here...

Considering injuries to the strikers we have done superbly. Still 11 games left and no point looking too far ahead. In a strong position and nothing else matters now other than QPR in midweek. The organisational discipline and coaching from Carlos means we pick up points even when far from our best, which bodes well for the rest of the campaign.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2024, 11:25:51 PM »
Championship is so unpredictable still a lot of games to go but we have a cushion over the seventh placed team, just have to stop complacency creeping in .

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2024, 11:27:06 PM »
I've worked out that of our remaining 13 fixtures we have 7 of the top 12 to play and 6 of the bottom 12. So the run in is on paper on the harder side.

However of the 7 matches against the top 12 we have 5 are at home, 2 are away so that's in our favour with our home form.

5 of our 6 matches against the bottom half are away and 1 at home.

Hull (A) - 1
Coventry (H) - 3
QPR (A) - 0
Huddersfield (A) - 3
Bristol C (H) - 1
Millwall (A) - 3
Watford (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 0
Rotherham (H) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Leicester (A) - 0
Sheff Weds (A) - 0
Preston (H) - 3

In the previous 10 seasons there has been a range of 69 pts to 80 pts required to get into the top 6 with an average of 74.4 pts needed to get to 6th. we're currently on 55pts so we need approx 20 more points from 13 games.

Where are the points coming from the above then? Can you see us getting them? I think we'll get around 23.

Excellent so far Hampshire Baggie, just hope you are wrong for the next game 😉

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2024, 11:31:07 PM »
6 wins from 11 games will surely put us into the playoffs !
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2024, 12:39:45 AM »
Excellent so far Hampshire Baggie, just hope you are wrong for the next game 😉

I hope not as I’m going to it!

California Dreaming

• Junior Baggie

Re: Next 6 Games.
« Reply #59 on: March 02, 2024, 12:40:15 AM »
11 points from a very tough set - added bonus of not losing to 2 of the chasing teams.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: March 02, 2024, 03:46:16 AM »
Last nights result was a significant step towards securing a play-off place. I would now be disappointed if we didn't get over the line. Six wins will absolutely do it two teams from the chasing pack aren't getting 77 points. Most would require to run at automatic promotion form (2 points a game) or better for their remaining fixtures. The only team in the pack running at that pace across the last 6 is Preston and that would give them 76 points if they sustain it across another 12 games.

I also looked across the fixture list and while we only have one fixture against teams in the top 4 the rest have at least 2 and in some cases 3.

The pack is also thinning out those teams on the fringes are very close to dropping out of the race altogether. This weekend's fixtures could see the chasing pack outside the play-offs at the moment boil down to Norwich, Preston and Coventry.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #61 on: March 02, 2024, 08:18:04 AM »
I reckon after the Rotheram game we'll be confirmed in top 6,so by then CC will be planning with the players how to go about how to get the results in those 2 semis after such a long season, hopefully we will have Phillips Maja and BTA fit and raring to go aswell i think weve got a great chance to get to the final and you know what? A great chance to win it and promotion, eh? What a ride it will be again, new owner aswell, this is Albion right?

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #62 on: March 02, 2024, 02:46:04 PM »
We have done fantastically well to be in the position we are in, given the overall circumstances and where we all thought we would be at the beginning of the season.
 Should we be in the pay offs at the end of the season? Yes we should.
The fact we can say that is a fantastic testament to a passionate, hard working and dedicated coach.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: March 02, 2024, 03:15:34 PM »
We have done fantastically well to be in the position we are in, given the overall circumstances and where we all thought we would be at the beginning of the season.
 Should we be in the pay offs at the end of the season? Yes we should.
The fact we can say that is a fantastic testament to a passionate, hard working and dedicated coach.

I can imagine Gaz scrambling around now looking for a random stranger to hold his beer for him as I type  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #64 on: March 02, 2024, 03:20:00 PM »
Already seen it. I'm all about opinions, even those that are wrong 😜

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: March 02, 2024, 05:02:55 PM »
Personally I'm always a bit worried playing teams threatened with relegation at this stage of the season as they inevitably raise their game. Would much prefer mid table teams but it is what it is. We will have a big say in the relegation battle, that's for sure.

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #66 on: March 02, 2024, 05:38:09 PM »
Personally I'm always a bit worried playing teams threatened with relegation at this stage of the season as they inevitably raise their game. Would much prefer mid table teams but it is what it is. We will have a big say in the relegation battle, that's for sure.

Take QPR today at Leicester

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2024, 05:50:29 PM »
Take QPR today at Leicester
Indeed, and Huddersfield drawing with Leeds, plus Stoke, Millwall and Sheffield Wednesday all winning. I rest my case  ;D

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #68 on: March 07, 2024, 12:12:09 PM »
I've worked out that of our remaining 13 fixtures we have 7 of the top 12 to play and 6 of the bottom 12. So the run in is on paper on the harder side.

However of the 7 matches against the top 12 we have 5 are at home, 2 are away so that's in our favour with our home form.

5 of our 6 matches against the bottom half are away and 1 at home.

Hull (A) - 1
Coventry (H) - 3
QPR (A) - 0
Huddersfield (A) - 3
Bristol C (H) - 1
Millwall (A) - 3
Watford (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 0
Rotherham (H) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 3
Leicester (A) - 0
Sheff Weds (A) - 0
Preston (H) - 3

In the previous 10 seasons there has been a range of 69 pts to 80 pts required to get into the top 6 with an average of 74.4 pts needed to get to 6th. we're currently on 55pts so we need approx 20 more points from 13 games.

Where are the points coming from the above then? Can you see us getting them? I think we'll get around 23.

I had the first 2 matches right, and we've got an extra point on top of my predicitons so ahead of schedule on our march to the play offs!

4 points from next 2 games please (Hudd -A, Bristol C (H))

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #69 on: March 07, 2024, 12:24:14 PM »
I had the first 2 matches right, and we've got an extra point on top of my predicitons so ahead of schedule on our march to the play offs!

4 points from next 2 games please (Hudd -A, Bristol C (H))
I think you might be right on the next two in terms of points but I’d take a draw at Huddersfield. I think we can get a win at home against Bristol.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #70 on: March 07, 2024, 12:56:20 PM »
I predicted 5 points from the first 3 games and 3 games in i am right, of course i only got the Hull result right  :P

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2024, 09:02:30 PM »
I wanted 4 points from Huddersfield and Bristol C but I thought we were more likely to get 1pt at Huddersfield.

Bristol (H), Millwall (A), Watford (H) our next 3 games.

9pts - best case and all but secures is playoffs imo.
7pts - good return and will be really happy with this
6pts - Par and still has us on course for playoffs but continue to look over shoulder
4pts and below - poor return

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2024, 09:26:08 PM »
8 points achieved from the first 4 games as i predicted.

We are still on course to get the 25 i think we will although in terms of getting in the play offs i think another 12 or so points will be enough

buzzingbaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2024, 07:20:35 AM »
Great points haul over of late, I'm looking forward to the international break (for once), give the players chance to rest, recover from injury and fans to breath, games have been thick and fast!

I think 15 points should be enough, perhaps 14 given our GD.

Bristol C (H) - 3
Millwall (A) - 1
Watford (H) - 3
Stoke (A) - 0
Rotherham (H) - 3
Sunderland (H) - 1
Leicester (A) - 0
Sheff Weds (A) - 1
Preston (H) - 3

I have us gaining the 15 needed, our fixture list is favourable with some mid-table teams who will hopefully be on the beach. Going to be tough, though confident from this position especially if we can keep our form and unbeaten run going.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 02:07:47 PM by buzzingbaggie »

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2024, 01:00:40 PM »
I don't look at any points total, but just being better than our rivals. In this case probably just Hull, Coventry and Norwich.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure