Author Topic: TV Games  (Read 141337 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: TV Games
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2018, 08:05:45 AM »
Is this official? The Villa change doesn't seem to be on the Sky website, on our website or on the fixture list as far as I can see.

it's been O/S since Wednesday:

https://www.wba.co.uk/news/2018/october/two-fixtures-selected-for-tv/
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2018, 08:07:09 AM »
Do we get extra money for being on the box so much?

We get money for every game that is shown on the telly, so the more we are on the more money we get...if that's what you meant.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2018, 08:20:52 AM »
We get money for every game that is shown on the telly, so the more we are on the more money we get...if that's what you meant.

I believe the last time we were in the Championship it was £600k per game, I would imagine with the influx of more television money into the game that could be considerably more now.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2018, 08:34:59 AM »
This article from June 2017 claims that teams receive £100k per home game and £10K per away game but that is SKY only.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/championship-tv-money-aston-villa-12969621

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #29 on: October 15, 2018, 03:44:16 PM »
ALBION'S TV MATCHES (Championship unless stated otherwise)

Here are the matches in October, November and December that will be televised live on Sky Sports.

Albion v Derby, 8pm, Wednesday, October 24, Sky Sports Football

Albion v Leeds, 5.30pm, Saturday, November 10, Sky Sports Football

Ipswich v Albion, 7:45pm, Friday, November 23, Sky Sports Football

Albion v Villa, 8pm, Friday, December 7, Sky Sports Football

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2018, 04:28:08 PM »
Great Brentford on a monday night, another game I will have to miss

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: October 15, 2018, 04:53:41 PM »
So Brentford on the Monday night and Villa only 4 days later on the Friday

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: October 15, 2018, 05:40:34 PM »
Pleased that Brentford has been moved to the Monday as I was going to have to miss it on the Saturday due to work commitments...finally a game moved for television that suits me!

mikehy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: October 15, 2018, 06:23:08 PM »
It's a disgrace they have moved another game and took 2 consecutive Saturday home games off us. Surely there should be a limit on how many times they can show each team in a season

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2018, 06:32:27 PM »
Seen somewhere that we don’t have a Saturday 3pm game between 26th October & 26th December

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: October 15, 2018, 07:28:12 PM »
And they wonder why people stop going to games
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: October 15, 2018, 09:06:32 PM »
I actually think we have done worse for games moving about in the Championship rather than the Premiership.  Given my location in Norfolk it is really difficult to get back for Friday night games..gggggrrrr!

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #37 on: October 15, 2018, 09:31:38 PM »
Seen somewhere that we don’t have a Saturday 3pm game between 26th October & 26th December

Apart from the one on Sat 27th October?  ;D

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: October 15, 2018, 09:36:50 PM »
I actually think we have done worse for games moving about in the Championship rather than the Premiership.  Given my location in Norfolk it is really difficult to get back for Friday night games..gggggrrrr!

Well, let's be honest, what TV company would want to show us under the management of Pulis or Pardew? We're a far more interesting team to watch now and this is an unfortunate side effect.

throstle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2018, 09:46:15 PM »
Sky were supposed to have given the games up to 8 December in the announcement last week and then they pull another one out of the hat. I read on another site that a Dublin baggie had booked a flight for the Brentford game on the strength of the first announcement. Their disregard for fans is appalling. They really aren't that interested in the Championship, which will always be a poor second best to the beloved Premier League, so why can't they just leave us alone.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: October 15, 2018, 09:59:07 PM »
Well, let's be honest, what TV company would want to show us under the management of Pulis or Pardew? We're a far more interesting team to watch now and this is an unfortunate side effect.

Yeah, I think we're probably all agreed on that.

Equally (I'd imagine) we're mostly agreed Sky are taking the absolute urine at the mo'.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: October 15, 2018, 10:08:34 PM »
Sky were supposed to have given the games up to 8 December in the announcement last week and then they pull another one out of the hat. I read on another site that a Dublin baggie had booked a flight for the Brentford game on the strength of the first announcement. Their disregard for fans is appalling. They really aren't that interested in the Championship, which will always be a poor second best to the beloved Premier League, so why can't they just leave us alone.

Very much agreed, make an announcement and stick to it.

If not then reimburse supporters proven advance travel costs, but will that happen? Will it naughty word.

If asked they'd probably state supporters should have gone to even more expense and stumped up insurance to cover themselves in the event of a change they've effectively suggested won't happen.

It's enough of a pain travelling to the Albion across Brum on public transport of an evening, never mind coming from further afield.

Absolutely w@nk.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: October 16, 2018, 08:10:36 AM »

I'm assuming you mean a home game as we have plenty of away games at 3pm between those dates....although that could change on Nov 9th when the TV options for fixtures played between 15th December and 15th Jan are released.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: October 16, 2018, 09:07:38 AM »
It's a disgrace they have moved another game and took 2 consecutive Saturday home games off us. Surely there should be a limit on how many times they can show each team in a season

The more times you're on the Tv the more money you get, what club is going to turn down money? I think there is a minimum amount a club can be shown but not a maximum (think that was true in the Prem too).

It's a reflection of our relative success and high goals to games ratio that we are being chosen for Tv games.

I would expect our game with Sheff Utd on Dec 15th to be chosen for Tv too, given where we both are in the league., although that would mean that we would be on TV something like 5 games out of 6.

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #44 on: October 16, 2018, 12:33:54 PM »
Yeah, I think we're probably all agreed on that.

Equally (I'd imagine) we're mostly agreed Sky are taking the absolute urine at the mo'.

Agree with both of the above, I can see why we are interesting to watch on Sky, but tough when you cannot get to some great matches.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: October 16, 2018, 01:46:20 PM »
We're just regarded as being in the Prem to make up the numbers, so we'll never get featured much on TV in that division. We're also not regarded as a fashionable club either. I don't think we would have been featured much more if we'd played in a more attacking style.

However, in the Championship we're regarded as being one of the bigger clubs and are going well, so we'll get featured much more often on that basis.

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #46 on: October 16, 2018, 07:38:45 PM »
F*** SKY Inconsiderate people could have gone to the Villa game but now it's after school and On a FRIDAY From Darlaston to West Brom The 79 Will be rammed oh well good old WM it is
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2018, 08:31:26 PM »
F*** SKY Inconsiderate people could have gone to the Villa game but now it's after school and On a FRIDAY From Darlaston to West Brom The 79 Will be rammed oh well good old WM it is

I take it this is a wind up  ;D

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2018, 06:33:07 AM »
God that’s real tough,
leave school at 15:30 got to be at ground for 19:30, from the outpost that is Darlo (5 whole Miles away) and on an omnibus! I am stressing thinking about it, going for a lie down!
Sky, so inconsiderate, damn them to eternity and back !!!
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2018, 09:36:08 AM »
God that’s real tough,
leave school at 15:30 got to be at ground for 19:30, from the outpost that is Darlo (5 whole Miles away) and on an omnibus! I am stressing thinking about it, going for a lie down!
Sky, so inconsiderate, damn them to eternity and back !!!
When I were a lad, I had to walk to The Hawthorns...... backwards......over hot coals........with holes in me shoes...... whilst being shot at by away fans with cattas!

Kids these days  ??? Don't know they are born  :)