Author Topic: Chris Brunt  (Read 760978 times)

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

Re: Chris Brunt
« Reply #3275 on: February 04, 2019, 01:49:03 PM »

Neville's legs had gone after a long injury lay off. Brunt has been fine. Maybe not sparkling 8s and 9s out of 10s but doing a good job out of position. There are literally no parallels to be drawn between the two players.
Neville couldn't compete at the level he was at, to the standard that he had previously set. I'd say that's a clear parallel to Brunt's current situation.
That's just my opinion though, but I know it's one which you will never agree with so not much more to be said.
Plenty of other things we can argue about  ;)

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3276 on: February 04, 2019, 01:55:16 PM »
Neville couldn't compete at the level he was at, to the standard that he had previously set. I'd say that's a clear parallel to Brunt's current situation.
That's just my opinion though, but I know it's one which you will never agree with so not much more to be said.

Brunt can clearly compete at this level and also in the PL last season and would get in most sides in this division. In midfield.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3277 on: February 04, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »

In Jacko's defence he isn't arguing with you, he's telling you that you're wrong  ;)  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3278 on: February 04, 2019, 04:37:02 PM »
In all the back and forth I’m not sure it’s been mentioned, but Congrats to Chris for making 400 games for the Albion. He becomes only the 16th player to make break that milestone in 141 years.

Sorry it couldn’t have been in better circumstances but hey ho.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3279 on: February 04, 2019, 04:40:53 PM »
Brunt can no longer compete at this level and as never been able to compete in the premier league.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3280 on: February 04, 2019, 04:55:40 PM »
I think it's out of respect we want to see him out of the team, as I said, his status is waning with every poor performance.
Would be delighted for him to stay at the club in some capacity, provided he has the skill set, but it's time to call time on what has been a very commendable playing career.

Spot on. Guys been great for us but the last 2, years he's been poor. It's not his fault he gets put in a position he's clearly not suited too so I will never disrespect him but pretending everything is fine when it's not doesn't help anyone.

Last year playing for us please. Happy for him to remain at the club in another capacity.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3281 on: February 04, 2019, 04:57:03 PM »

The fact is Brunts performances this season are nowhere near as bad as portrayed. Never dipping below a solid 6 out of 10. Less than a month ago he ran the game against Wigan.

:o

Come on old friend. I love to rib you as much as the next man, but now you're just making yourself look silly.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3282 on: February 04, 2019, 05:15:11 PM »
Some of the comments are a bit harsh and over the top. Wasn't Brunty's fault that he had less than 10 minutes left to erase his blunder that led to Boro's goal.  I also think that he cares for this club more than some other players wearing the shirt. He probably isn't automatic first choice any more, but we also need players who care and play for the team rather than themselves.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3283 on: February 04, 2019, 05:20:24 PM »

Well over the top, he did an air kick? A mistake that happens to players up and down the leagues week in week out. Are you expecting Gareth Barry to retire too? The fact is Brunts performances this season are nowhere near as bad as portrayed. Never dipping below a solid 6 out of 10. Less than a month ago he ran the game against Wigan.

6/10 is the highest he has managed this season and as for running the game i'm amazed at your one eyed bias towards him

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3284 on: February 04, 2019, 05:32:52 PM »
Brunt can no longer compete at this level and as never been able to compete in the premier league.

Nine seasons (I think) of playing in the Prem' would suggest otherwise.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3285 on: February 04, 2019, 05:37:55 PM »
In all the back and forth I’m not sure it’s been mentioned, but Congrats to Chris for making 400 games for the Albion. He becomes only the 16th player to make break that milestone in 141 years.

Sorry it couldn’t have been in better circumstances but hey ho.

A truism regarding a player I feel has made a more positive contribution to our cause over the years than a great many others.

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #3286 on: February 04, 2019, 05:53:53 PM »
Not about the air kick, more about self realisation. When Neville scythed down Dorrans, that too was something that happened week in week out but he knew that his legs had gone and he couldn't carry on to the high standard he had set himself.
As for Barry, yes, I would like to think that with Johannson joining and the emergence of Field and Harper would reduce our reliance on him also.
That will be the Neville tackle which the ref adjudged fair and played on!! Most obvious penalty I've ever seen in my life. However to be fair to the ref Ferguson was United's manager at that time & you were not allowed to award a penalty against United when they weren't playing against a top 6 team.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3287 on: February 04, 2019, 06:03:30 PM »
more over he’s 30-something in all time Premier league assists and only behind Odemwingie and Mozza for total goals in the team (24, same as Rondon).

Maybe unrelated but according to the premier league site, he is also the player with the most wins, 76 from a total of 112. He played 276 (most of any player) which is a 28% win percentage overall.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #3288 on: February 04, 2019, 06:34:19 PM »
more over he’s 30-something in all time Premier league assists and only behind Odemwingie and Mozza for total goals in the team (24, same as Rondon).

Maybe unrelated but according to the premier league site, he is also the player with the most wins, 76 from a total of 112. He played 276 (most of any player) which is a 28% win percentage overall.

The assists thing is where given he takes the vast majority of set-pieces and I would say no other team has one single person that takes as many then he will feature higher which is not a criticism at all but for outfield assists alone he will not feature as high.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3289 on: February 04, 2019, 06:38:54 PM »
'The abuse he receives can never be justified' This West Brom man deserves more respect

An article, some may want to reflect on

Source: https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/west-brom-chris-brunt-championship-15777884
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3290 on: February 04, 2019, 07:19:06 PM »
He would not have got in any other premiership team IMHO of course like I said in a previous post got nothing against him he is just one of those players I have never taken to.it happens, Like our present  goalkeeper!

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3291 on: February 04, 2019, 08:51:01 PM »
I have enjoyed watching Chris Brunt over the years and he is very much a club man through and through. I feel very sad at the abuse he is receiving, yes he was to blame for their goal, however it is not his fault he is picked. I feel that his best days are gone however he has been a true servant of the club and to reach 400 games playing for 9different managers means he must have something about him. I now feel that with the squad we have he should play less but I’m not the manager. I respect him as a player and as a person who does so much good for West Brom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3292 on: February 04, 2019, 09:30:08 PM »
The assists thing is where given he takes the vast majority of set-pieces and I would say no other team has one single person that takes as many then he will feature higher which is not a criticism at all but for outfield assists alone he will not feature as high.
A very good point, it's evident this year that he takes every sodding one and with a very poor return
Another thing that is wrong with football the congratulations of playing 400 matches, its probably 25 too many
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3293 on: February 26, 2019, 07:11:06 AM »
"NASA has revealed that an Antarctic ice shelf that has been observed for decades is about to have a large iceberg break free. This chunk of ice has about twice the area of New York City with a visible crack that scientists have monitored using aerial images. Human presence on the Brunt Ice Shelf, which is where the cracks are located, was first established back in 1955, according to NASA."

I'm sure there's a good joke here somewhere, but its too early for me to work it out...

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #3294 on: February 26, 2019, 12:45:38 PM »
"NASA has revealed that an Antarctic ice shelf that has been observed for decades is about to have a large iceberg break free. This chunk of ice has about twice the area of New York City with a visible crack that scientists have monitored using aerial images. Human presence on the Brunt Ice Shelf, which is where the cracks are located, was first established back in 1955, according to NASA."

I'm sure there's a good joke here somewhere, but its too early for me to work it out...

That's about the time we signed him, coincidentally   :D

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #3295 on: February 26, 2019, 04:25:03 PM »
That's about the time we signed him, coincidentally   :D
That's the one  :D

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3296 on: February 26, 2019, 06:18:20 PM »
This thread on Chris Brunt was started by VANDERLEI back in 2011. Read through some of that and you will see that Brunt has always been a bit like the Marmite analogy to Albion supporters and he has certainly had many people who have not quite taken to him over the years. I have to say like all players who play for my club I will always support him on the pitch, but he has never really been a favourite of mine.
I think the time for us to move on without him is overdue.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3297 on: February 26, 2019, 06:34:21 PM »
It's some kind of ignorance to demand someone apologise for having an opinion that Brunt is past it. He clearly is but we have done well out him and vice versa, he's become a very wealthy man out of us in return.  It's simply time for a well overdue parting of the ways

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #3298 on: February 26, 2019, 07:02:19 PM »
Can't believe that post has been deleted. Was bang on the money.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #3299 on: February 26, 2019, 07:09:31 PM »
Can't believe that post has been deleted. Was bang on the money.

We're not in the business of letting members call others a "disgrace" for having a different opinion

He/him