Poll

Will you be taking up your option of receiving the Covid vaccine.

Yes
90 (86.5%)
No
11 (10.6%)
Undecided
3 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 104

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 1185040 times)

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #650 on: March 24, 2020, 07:18:33 PM »
Hey albionfan and wife,take some deep breaths think of the good times and treat the old fella with respect.
Ask the people at the home not to speak across the bed to each other the man needs help, talk outside the room ,I don't like it when nurses doctors etc talk about people as if they're not there.
They might have their eyes closed but they can sense things ,I think it is reprehensible and ignorant.
Albionfan you concentrate on the old fella talk to nurses etc outside the room,the old guy still has feelings.
Good luck mate.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #651 on: March 24, 2020, 07:59:34 PM »
Was informed by Local council that commercial waste was being cut back and to use disposable cloth when handling bins, when you think how many bin handles could be infected by one pair of hands it's good advice.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #652 on: March 25, 2020, 10:17:29 AM »
Firstly, a sincere and heartfelt thank you for the messages of support, it meant a lot to me. It was a difficult afternoon and evening for us, but more so my wife.

When we arrived at the home we were told his chest infection wasn’t responding to treatment, we were assured that it wasn’t Covid-19. Outside his room we were kitted out with PPE, how doctors and nurses cope with that alone for the hours they are on shift I really don’t know.

He didn’t recognise us at first, the PPE didn’t help. But we wrote little messages that he was able to read and he acknowledged us. During our stay he did appear to be more lucid and brightened up, which was a relief and gave us hope.

When we were leaving, the home’s manager asked to see us, she went through a list that include DNR, preferred Undertaker, religious beliefs, did we want to be contacted at anytime of the day/night  in the event of his condition worsening. All sobering and deflating, but essential and practical things, as life has to go on.

I had the phone on my bedside table last night and, to our relief, it didn’t ring. So, its one day at a time, which is what life has become for all of us of late. Stay safe and thank you again. AlbionFan
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #653 on: March 25, 2020, 11:07:58 AM »
Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #654 on: March 25, 2020, 11:10:31 AM »
Prince Charles has tested positive for COVID-19

Yes, but how come he can get tested with "mild" symptoms when NHS staff can't get tested
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #655 on: March 25, 2020, 11:30:42 AM »
Yes, but how come he can get tested with "mild" symptoms when NHS staff can't get tested

Because he is over 70 and therefore classed as vulnerable.

Now nicely ensconced in his 2nd home in Scotland apparently........just saying.
MAGA!

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #656 on: March 25, 2020, 12:04:09 PM »
Parliament going to an early Easter recess  :o :o
I hope this simply means that they will be working from home and not taking holiday
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #657 on: March 25, 2020, 12:24:10 PM »
Firstly, a sincere and heartfelt thank you for the messages of support, it meant a lot to me. It was a difficult afternoon and evening for us, but more so my wife.

When we arrived at the home we were told his chest infection wasn’t responding to treatment, we were assured that it wasn’t Covid-19. Outside his room we were kitted out with PPE, how doctors and nurses cope with that alone for the hours they are on shift I really don’t know.

He didn’t recognise us at first, the PPE didn’t help. But we wrote little messages that he was able to read and he acknowledged us. During our stay he did appear to be more lucid and brightened up, which was a relief and gave us hope.

When we were leaving, the home’s manager asked to see us, she went through a list that include DNR, preferred Undertaker, religious beliefs, did we want to be contacted at anytime of the day/night  in the event of his condition worsening. All sobering and deflating, but essential and practical things, as life has to go on.

I had the phone on my bedside table last night and, to our relief, it didn’t ring. So, its one day at a time, which is what life has become for all of us of late. Stay safe and thank you again. AlbionFan

All the best to you and your family.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #658 on: March 25, 2020, 12:44:49 PM »

We went through the same a couple of years ago AF, its not a nice place to be. Very best wishes to you and your family.
MAGA!

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #659 on: March 25, 2020, 12:56:02 PM »

Best wishes to you both. Not a nice time at all.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #660 on: March 25, 2020, 01:36:28 PM »

AlbionFan our thoughts are with you, it’s a horrific experience at the best of times so I cannot imagine what you and the Mrs are going through.Everyone will be leaning on you, so if you want to vent / rant or just chat please don’t hesitate to PM me, I’m sure that goes for others. Stay strong and safe mucka
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #661 on: March 25, 2020, 01:41:28 PM »
BEst wishes to you and your family AlbionFan!

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #662 on: March 25, 2020, 02:21:20 PM »
[/b]

The clues in his name
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #663 on: March 25, 2020, 02:22:23 PM »
All the best Albion fan, fingers crossed for you and yours
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #664 on: March 25, 2020, 02:22:45 PM »

Best wishes to you and the family AlbionFan
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #665 on: March 25, 2020, 04:40:36 PM »
Albionfan,there's nothing I can say that will help you with the next few days weeks.
I went through similar with my mom 18 months ago,she was in a home in Brownhills,trouble was she had dementia and couldn't even recognise or acknowledge me.
I hope they hurry up and find a cure for this terrifying disease it was horrible,when she eventually passed away.
You must stay strong for your wife this is a time for understanding and patience keep a cool head ,its part of life that comes to us all I feel for you as a human being and your wife,love from the liverbaggie.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #666 on: March 26, 2020, 09:12:31 AM »

You have, for some time across many different topics, always managed to display a sincerity and human kindness to your posts. When I read posts from yourself, I always imagine you as a person rather than a member.

Your PM to me last year, at my time of need was very touching and epitomises you as an individual.

Please do not feel that you cannot make posts such as the above on this forum. We are all feeling emotions in any different ways, the more people that open up and express their thoughts the better. If this forum is a relief for some members, then I am glad

Wishing you and your family the warmest best wishes. Take care Colin

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #667 on: March 26, 2020, 03:17:10 PM »
You have, for some time across many different topics, always managed to display a sincerity and human kindness to your posts. When I read posts from yourself, I always imagine you as a person rather than a member.

Your PM to me last year, at my time of need was very touching and epitomises you as an individual.

Please do not feel that you cannot make posts such as the above on this forum. We are all feeling emotions in any different ways, the more people that open up and express their thoughts the better. If this forum is a relief for some members, then I am glad

Wishing you and your family the warmest best wishes. Take care Colin
Well put
Seconded
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #668 on: March 26, 2020, 04:00:36 PM »
Found this amusing.

Mexican protesters have shut a US southern border crossing amid fears that untested American travellers will spread coronavirus.

Residents in Sonora, south of the US state of Arizona, have promised to block traffic into Mexico for a second day after closing a checkpoint for hours on Wednesday.

They wore face masks and held signs telling Americans to "stay at home.

Trumps wall was a masterstroke.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #669 on: March 26, 2020, 04:58:27 PM »

You and your wife are in my thoughts AF. Stay strong and stay safe.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #670 on: March 26, 2020, 06:49:16 PM »
100+ dead in a day for the first time

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #671 on: March 26, 2020, 07:05:51 PM »
There was a vicar on the news this evening saying that the word ‘virus’ doesn’t convey the seriousness of the infection, her suggestion was that it should be referred to as ‘plague’; it might just help to convince the idiots that are flouting the new instructions that this is a really serious illness and will cost many people their lives. Stay safe everyone.

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #672 on: March 27, 2020, 01:29:45 AM »
All the best Colin... none of us deserve to have to go through these difficulties.

Some relatively safe sources of updated figures/tables:

https://www.ft.com/coronavirus-latest
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/
WestBromwichAlbion

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #673 on: March 27, 2020, 12:22:17 PM »
I see Bozo has got it !  I do hope he did not go to see his mother on Moms day, she must be v.old and therefore high risk.
Albion Family !!!

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #674 on: March 27, 2020, 12:30:02 PM »
I see Bozo has got it !  I do hope he did not go to see his mother on Moms day, she must be v.old and therefore high risk.

Or his Father.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE