Author Topic: Kamil Grosicki  (Read 136251 times)

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

Re: Kamil Grosicki
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2020, 07:48:23 PM »
Hate to be a downer but aren’t we overloading the winger department?  Begs the question how bad is Grady’s injury? Can’t see how we play all 3 and Pereira.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the bloke but aren’t our priorities elsewhere? GK, CH, CM, striker would all be more important for me.

To be fair though with games like last night, we had no other wide options on the bench to bring on for Phillips or Edwards to change it up a bit. For the price stated to give us more options out wide, especially with Grady out injured, also meaning we don't have to shunt Pereira on the wing either.

victor mature

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2020, 07:49:12 PM »
I don't mind these signings but it does indicate we ain't got a pot to urinate in unless Ferguson goes. All these links with Bowen etc are cobblers and I'm not going to get wound up about it

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #52 on: January 29, 2020, 08:08:08 PM »
He’s no doubt better than Edwards which will make it a good signing

Concerned about the age, but it’s not a bad deal on a relatively modest transfer fee
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: January 29, 2020, 08:13:55 PM »
He's always impressed me when I've seen him play. I know it may seem a short term signing but we need to do what we can to get over the line. At least the likes of him and Robinson are fit and can hit the ground running.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #54 on: January 29, 2020, 08:32:53 PM »
Hate to be a downer but aren’t we overloading the winger department?  Begs the question how bad is Grady’s injury? Can’t see how we play all 3 and Pereira.
Don’t get me wrong, I like the bloke but aren’t our priorities elsewhere? GK, CH, CM, striker would all be more important for me.

We have no idea if Diangana is going to last the season - he could do a Gibbs after coming back in 6 weeks time and be out for the season.

I also think Robinson is more of a striker or second forward than a winger nowadays as well.

We know Willock isn't going to be used, so it's probably the right choice.
Boing Boing

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #55 on: January 29, 2020, 08:46:51 PM »
on a loan, ok, buying 31 year olds = nah!
Buying for less than an average loan fee
No lose
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2020, 09:03:23 PM »
This is the key bit for me

"meaning we don't have to shunt Pereira on the wing either."

I was negative due to age, before I knew it was £800k, @ that its worth the punt,
I do keep thinking about the absolute sitter he missed against us this season at the K-com though !
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2020, 09:07:23 PM »
This is the key bit for me

"meaning we don't have to shunt Pereira on the wing either."

I was negative due to age, before I knew it was £800k, @ that its worth the punt,
I do keep thinking about the absolute sitter he missed against us this season at the K-com though !

All strikers miss sitters. Austin should have put his header in Saturday. 17 goals in the last season and a half at Hull not bad for a winger

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #58 on: January 29, 2020, 09:10:42 PM »
All strikers miss sitters. Austin should have put his header in Saturday. 17 goals in the last season and a half at Hull not bad for a winger

Well obviously they do. As I say, he is worth a punt, but I am not expecting him to be pulling up trees, however he should help us to put square pegs in square holes though which has been a Major issue recently
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

TAFKATMNo1Fan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #59 on: January 29, 2020, 09:11:41 PM »
Well obviously they do. As I say, he is worth a punt, but I am not expecting him to be pulling up trees, however he should help us to put square pegs in square holes though which has been a Major issue recently

Might give Phillips a kick.up his back side to up his game too

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #60 on: January 29, 2020, 09:19:57 PM »
Grosicki has created 33 chances this season , that’s the 3rd highest in the league . Only 1 less then Perriera and 3 less then Bowen

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: January 29, 2020, 09:41:58 PM »
No brainer of a signing if the fee is to be believed. Dowling made the point of not making the same errors as last January and getting in players who will make an immediate impact. Grosicki should certainly be able to hit the ground running, always thought he was a talented player.

stsbatl

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #62 on: January 29, 2020, 10:21:53 PM »
Done deal, terms agreed on a 2 and a half year deal.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: January 29, 2020, 11:12:38 PM »
Have a funny feeling this may be a great bit of business. We only really need him to be great for the rest of the season. He has an ability to change games which only Diangana and Pereira give us. With Diangana touch and go for the foreseeable future a bit of a maverick may be just what we need. We have lacked some ingenuity for a while now and Pereira carrying the work load started to tell. 

Canmore Baggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #64 on: January 29, 2020, 11:17:48 PM »
Done deal, terms agreed on a 2 and a half year deal.

Where have you seen this? Nothing on official site yet.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #65 on: January 29, 2020, 11:25:06 PM »
A Polish journalist has reported it an hour or so ago.

Fully expect he will be holding the shirt up tomorrow lunchtime.
Boing Boing

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #66 on: January 30, 2020, 12:07:30 AM »
Might give Phillips a kick.up his back side to up his game too

Phillips has been poor for a while now. He's struggling to do the things he's good at and known for which is putting in a good delivery, being fast and direct, also while having a very good strike on him. I do like Phillips and know on his day he is quite unplayable at times, however that seems to be few and far between this season.

I do rate Kamil Grosicki though, always wondered why a Premier League side didn't pick him up in the summer.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

kendover

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: January 30, 2020, 12:08:35 AM »
Heard Celtic and a Turkish club coming in to tomorrow and that Gros would spend most of the day on a plane 🙄

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #68 on: January 30, 2020, 12:24:52 AM »
4 of Grosicki’s 7 goals this season have been free kicks (including some very long range efforts). With him and Pereira (and to a lesser extent Brunt), we will probably have the most lethal free kick takers in the league.
Boing Boing

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #69 on: January 30, 2020, 12:43:03 AM »
Heard Celtic and a Turkish club coming in to tomorrow and that Gros would spend most of the day on a plane 🙄

Doubt it very much sounds as though its done. A few well connected Polish journalists are reporting the same thing.

VANDERLEI

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #70 on: January 30, 2020, 02:15:22 AM »
Always rated him. Great signing for me. Not a long term option but just what we need at this moment in time. Clever business.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #71 on: January 30, 2020, 03:02:36 AM »
Solves the problem on the left wing.

Good back up when Diangana returns.

Minimal fee and just about acceptable contract length.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #72 on: January 30, 2020, 05:22:02 AM »
Always looked good at this level. Will offer more than a woefully out of form Phillips and a still raw and inconsistent Edwards for the price its worth gamble for us if it gets us up.

We havent coped with the loss of diangana. Hopefully this can bridge the gap a long with the lad from Sheffield u
O Albion we love you

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #73 on: January 30, 2020, 05:26:41 AM »
Always looked good at this level. Will offer more than a woefully out of form Phillips and a still raw and inconsistent Edwards for the price its worth gamble for us if it gets us up.

We havent coped with the loss of diangana. Hopefully this can bridge the gap a long with the lad from Sheffield u

Think Phillips will keep his place. Not seeing these terrible performances everyone keeps suggesting.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #74 on: January 30, 2020, 08:19:48 AM »

Think Phillips will keep his place. Not seeing these terrible performances everyone keeps suggesting.

Then you are not looking... He has a good 10-15 mins then dissapears for the rest of the game. Coasting.

Will give Phillip the required kick up the backside to keep his place.
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty