Author Topic: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.  (Read 31863 times)

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

Re: Jeremy Sarmiento signs on loan - official.
« Reply #25 on: July 25, 2023, 09:07:16 PM »
I hope the lad does well! Signs are that he needs to get minutes under his belt and improve his return, this is good for us and good for his overall stock, if he can stay fit to play it looks like a good move for both.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2023, 09:09:28 PM »
Pleasany surprise, i've read good things!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2023, 09:32:29 PM »
Head of Football Operations, Ian Pearce, added: “We are delighted to have Jeremy with us on loan for the season. We have remained patient in the market and have been rewarded by signing our primary target in this area of the pitch. Carlos and I remain focused on building a strong squad for the season ahead and Jeremy joining us is an important step in that process.”

Ironic that whilst this deal was being worked on the Ian Pearce and transfer forums were being updated with posts calling for the closure of the transfer department and deriding the lack of players. Just goes to show that a lot goes on behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2023, 09:59:12 PM »
I must say well done West Brom! Right age, right positions, talented international and for a relatively low loan fee. Afain well done Albion for a great start to transfer dealings.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2023, 10:28:37 PM »
Head of Football Operations, Ian Pearce, added: “We are delighted to have Jeremy with us on loan for the season. We have remained patient in the market and have been rewarded by signing our primary target in this area of the pitch. Carlos and I remain focused on building a strong squad for the season ahead and Jeremy joining us is an important step in that process.”

Ironic that whilst this deal was being worked on the Ian Pearce and transfer forums were being updated with posts calling for the closure of the transfer department and deriding the lack of players. Just goes to show that a lot goes on behind the scenes that we have no idea about.

Of course he is going to say this is our primary target when Omar Hutchinson went to Ipswich. Seems to be our only tactic in recent seasons ‘call Brighton for a loan’ . Well done to the 18 man team in picking up the phone again  :P

In all seriousness, hope he does well and we bring in some more hungry youngsters rather than washed up has beens. 
« Last Edit: July 25, 2023, 10:30:21 PM by Ross »

Seagulls

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2023, 10:32:07 PM »
Hi guys.
Brighton fan here. 
Just wanted to say I am gutted he’s been sent out on loan.  Very exciting player IMO and if he is really over the injuries (which don’t seem to be related which is good) you’re going to love watching him.

He’s in our plans for the future and he’s just signed a new 4 year contract, so there won’t be an option to buy him. Sorry :)

Have a good season and I’ll check back in from time to time during the season and see how he’s doing for you.

Personally, I can’t believe what’s happened to us over the last 10 years.  From playing at crappy Withdean to being in the premier league, signing amazing young talent and (IMO), playing football I could never have dreamt of watching. 
When we got promoted I was happy to just survive, but we’re now taking the big clubs on with no fear.
How long this lasts who knows - I’m just enjoying the present.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2023, 10:35:22 PM »
Hi guys.
Brighton fan here. 
Just wanted to say I am gutted he’s been sent out on loan.  Very exciting player IMO and if he is really over the injuries (which don’t seem to be related which is good) you’re going to love watching him.

He’s in our plans for the future and he’s just signed a new 4 year contract, so there won’t be an option to buy him. Sorry :)

Have a good season and I’ll check back in from time to time during the season and see how he’s doing for you.

Personally, I can’t believe what’s happened to us over the last 10 years.  From playing at crappy Withdean to being in the premier league, signing amazing young talent and (IMO), playing football I could never have dreamt of watching. 
When we got promoted I was happy to just survive, but we’re now taking the big clubs on with no fear.

Thanks for the comments Seagulls. For what it’s worth I thought your team were superb last season. I hope it lasts for you.

Seagulls

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2023, 10:47:24 PM »
Cheers KN22. 
Most of us older fans have experienced the desperate days of the old owner selling the goldstone and having our “home” games at Gillingham - 150 miles return trip.  Many were happy in the Championship as it’s a fun league - competitive and not the big divide as in the premier league.  Money has ruined the game (FFP? - yeah, that’s a joke).
Some of our younger fans are getting a bit cocky due to the success, which is not good. 

I’ll be taking a close interest in your results this season.

Pleased that your forum seems relaxed to visiting fans.  Some forms are so precious haha

Optimistic for next season?

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2023, 10:54:16 PM »
We have a dire financial situation so it’s hard to be too optimistic. We have an excellent manager however and some decent players. The addition of your lad can only help the cause. Need a goal scorer, but who doesn’t?

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: July 25, 2023, 11:14:31 PM »
Of course he is going to say this is our primary target when Omar Hutchinson went to Ipswich. Seems to be our only tactic in recent seasons ‘call Brighton for a loan’ . Well done to the 18 man team in picking up the phone again  :P

In all seriousness, hope he does well and we bring in some more hungry youngsters rather than washed up has beens.

I have to admire the ruthless determination to find a way to be negative. I get the sense that had we announced the signing of Mbappé you would find an angle to throw some shade… “any scouting department could have picked him” etc.

Brighton fans seem sure this lad is a great player as long as he stays fit (had a few injury problems) which seems the main risk.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #35 on: July 26, 2023, 12:04:27 AM »
He is a good dynamic young player can play anywhere in the 3 behind the lone striker in a 4-2-3-1. I don't see him here as "cover" he will be a regular starter at whose expense remains to be seen. Corberan will have a plan our limited signings are too important to use as "squad depth"
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #36 on: July 26, 2023, 12:14:51 AM »
May have been said before, but any call back option. I can see another Harvey Barnes situation where our season turns to  guff?!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: July 26, 2023, 12:21:53 AM »
Hi guys.
Brighton fan here. 

Thanks for dropping on mate and for the comments.

Really exciting signing.

As for your journey over the last few years,  it’s been a pleasure to watch!

Last season you was my favourite team to watch. You are, where we would be had we kept Dan Ashworth.

Good luck this season

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #38 on: July 26, 2023, 02:20:19 AM »
Fantastic signing. We need a centre forward now.
Then I guess it's back to us getting people out before we get more Ins.

Bueno suerte Jeremy!
O Albion we love you

graka

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: July 26, 2023, 04:25:54 AM »
I saw little bits of him playing for Brighton. They are a good team to watch.
He will once fit start for us, he is naturally more talented than anyone we have

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #40 on: July 26, 2023, 06:52:26 AM »
Good luck Jeremy you have temporarily joined a great club. This is the Albion.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #41 on: July 26, 2023, 07:13:57 AM »
Cheers KN22. 
Most of us older fans have experienced the desperate days of the old owner selling the goldstone and having our “home” games at Gillingham - 150 miles return trip.  Many were happy in the Championship as it’s a fun league - competitive and not the big divide as in the premier league.  Money has ruined the game (FFP? - yeah, that’s a joke).
Some of our younger fans are getting a bit cocky due to the success, which is not good. 

Pleased that your forum seems relaxed to visiting fans.  Some forms are so precious haha

Thanks for stopping by. I feel like Brighton are on a similar yet quicker trajectory as we were 10 years ago or so back when we had Lukaku on loan etc. The issue we had is that we began to lose imagination in the transfer market and made a number of poor, expensive signings whereas Brighton have maintained a good transfer approach and the academy is producing. You've gone beyond what we did, love watching Brighton. I hope you continue to progress this season and disrupt the narrative.

Oh, and keep beat Liverpool please.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #42 on: July 26, 2023, 08:12:33 AM »
Give me a Sarmiento over an Albrighton all day long..

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #43 on: July 26, 2023, 08:37:01 AM »
Pleased, finally made a move and we get somebody the right age profile. The sort of player who could give us an edge.
Boing Boing

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2023, 09:23:34 AM »
I must say well done West Brom! Right age, right positions, talented international and for a relatively low loan fee. Afain well done Albion for a great start to transfer dealings.

How much have we paid mate?

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2023, 09:36:41 AM »
Looks to be a talented lad. Here's hoping he's fully recovered from his metatarsal injury and that we can keep his hamstrings nice and warm over the course of the season. Welcome to the Albion Jeremy Sarmiento  8) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2023, 10:03:55 AM »
Heard good things about him, but I’m not sure how anyone’s forming much of an opinion. He’s played 214 minutes of league football in his career.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2023, 10:27:16 AM »
Is this fella fit?
Not heard of him actually.
From BHA fans saying hes a talent, world cup player still young
If up to speed he goes straight into team, not sure where though just yet, anyway positive signs

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2023, 10:55:19 AM »
Cheers KN22. 

It's always good to see a supporter of another club take the time to post on here IMO. Even though we rib you lot as us being 'The Real Albion', you've been a joy to watch the last few years and personally a club I like to see doing so well. You've clearly got the management structure and board insight to take you to that place, something that we have been sadly lacking in recent years (see someone else's Dan Ashworth reference earlier).

We are in a financial mess and run by someone who seems totally clueless. However we have our best manager since Roy Hodgson took the England job and he is cleaerly making some very positive changes.

Good luck to you lot. And good luck to us.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Seagulls

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2023, 12:55:08 PM »
It's always good to see a supporter of another club take the time to post on here IMO. Even though we rib you lot as us being 'The Real Albion', you've been a joy to watch the last few years and personally a club I like to see doing so well. You've clearly got the management structure and board insight to take you to that place, something that we have been sadly lacking in recent years (see someone else's Dan Ashworth reference earlier).

We are in a financial mess and run by someone who seems totally clueless. However we have our best manager since Roy Hodgson took the England job and he is cleaerly making some very positive changes.

Good luck to you lot. And good luck to us.

First, many thanks to everyone for the comments about us (The Albion I mean  :P ).

We were also in a financial mess before Tony Bloom stepped in.  He’s a true fan (even travels on the trains to some away games and mixes with the supporters).  He’s stumped up the money to build the stadium and it’s a loan from himself to the club (his club really as he’s the main shareholder).  We’re debt free - it’s all owed from the club to Tony Bloom. His grandfather was involved with the club as a director in the 1970’s and he’s stated he wants to hand the club onto his son in the future.

He’s very astute and they’ve been planning to get to he PL and become an established top 10 team.  (Tough ask IMO but he’s achieved more than anyone could have hoped for).  The mantra when we were in the championship was “Premier League Ready”, i.e. build the structure of the whole club to be a PL club.

There’s been a lot of investment in recruitment and analytics of players, not just their skill but also their lifestyle, temperament etc.  We’re just seeing the results of that over the last 2-3 years really.  Our recruitment is amazing IMO - not saying we’ve not had some duds, but overall they’ve been very good. They also really take player welfare into consideration, especially the youngsters coming from abroad to another country.
Players I think will make an impact for us this year are Fergusson (Irish striker), Enciso (Paraguay), Buonanotte (Argentinian) and Adringa (Ivory Coast) - he was on loan last season at the same club Mitoma was and his stats were better than Mitomas.

Could post more but I’ll bore you all :).

Anyway, hope you get the financial situation sorted and can challenge again in the future.