Author Topic: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)  (Read 150357 times)

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

Re: Transfer Window Watch (Non Albion)
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2020, 11:50:48 AM »
John Percy Twitter Account

As per reports elsewhere, Aston Villa have made a £15m, plus £5m in add ons, offer for Callum Wilson. I'm told Bournemouth want a £17m fixed fee
Snip at that price. Proven premier league striker for approx the same price as Grant who at this stage is just potential at this level. We should just put a sneaky price match bid in to get up their snouts
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #51 on: September 04, 2020, 11:52:06 AM »
This would be the best bit of business Villa have done in recent memory. Hopefully it falls through.

And we were offered him when was in his late teens.....
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #52 on: September 04, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »
John Percy Twitter Account

As per reports elsewhere, Aston Villa have made a £15m, plus £5m in add ons, offer for Callum Wilson. I'm told Bournemouth want a £17m fixed fee

At that price Spurs need to go get him as a rotational option for Kane. It works perfectly for both players and the club. 

Kane while still being first choice has to manage his minutes if he wants a career that stretches  beyond 30 at elite level and Wilson can either spend the next 4 years splashing around with Villa in the shallow end of the pool or he can go to the deep end and compete with the big boys for medals even if that isn't as first choice. He would still get plenty of game time.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: September 04, 2020, 01:16:24 PM »
Snip at that price. Proven premier league striker for approx the same price as Grant who at this stage is just potential at this level. We should just put a sneaky price match bid in to get up their snouts

As funny as that would be I imagine Grant wages would be 30-40k p/w and Wilson you're looking at double.
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #54 on: September 04, 2020, 01:34:20 PM »

At 22 CW had a less impressive record than Grant. It was also 4 years later he hit got anything more than a modest number of goals in the prem. last year in a struggling side he got 7.  Add the fact he’s had a couple of real bad injuries and his wage demands will be higher and I think I’d rather gamble with Grant who is on an upward curve and will have longevity and re-sale value.

I would use CW’s £17m price as reason to not to justify Grant being cheaper though, or at least only going up to £17m with add ons.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: September 04, 2020, 01:56:15 PM »
This would be the best bit of business Villa have done in recent memory. Hopefully it falls through.
Might be biased but I think Matty Cash is better value at that money. Cracking little player, who will only get better.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2020, 02:09:06 PM »
 BREAKING: La Liga have announced that the €700m buyout clause in Lionel Messi's contract is still valid.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2020, 02:14:51 PM »
Might be biased but I think Matty Cash is better value at that money. Cracking little player, who will only get better.

Championship player. Came across as a **** after our games too.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: September 04, 2020, 02:27:34 PM »
Championship player. Came across as a **** after our games too.
Time will tell.
His dad’s from Tipton and all his family are Albion, so gutted he’s gone there but think he’ll do well. Hopefully we’ll enough to bin them off when they go down.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #59 on: September 04, 2020, 03:46:12 PM »
Lionel Messi will announce today that he'll be staying at Barcelona. Shocker. (Source:
@moillorens
)

Who'd of thunk it  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2020, 05:05:41 PM »
BREAKING: Lionel Messi has announced he will be staying with Barcelona for the 2020/21 season. (Source: Goal)

Much Ado About Nothing, as the bard would say
« Last Edit: September 04, 2020, 05:07:43 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2020, 05:08:20 PM »
BREAKING: Lionel Messi has announced he will be staying with Barcelona for the 2020/21 season. (Source: Goal)
I bet Jake will be missing his chance to do some man-to-man marking  :-[
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2020, 05:10:43 PM »

Much Ado About Nothing, as the bard would say

He will never leave Full Stop!!
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #63 on: September 04, 2020, 05:12:14 PM »
Messi:

“I thought and was sure that I was free to leave, the president always said that at the end of the season I could decide if I stayed or not. Now they cling to the fact that I did not say it before June 10."
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2020, 05:13:20 PM »
 Messi:

“There was another way and it was to go to trial. Barcelona gave me everything and I gave it everything. I know that it never crossed my mind to take Barca to court.”
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2020, 05:16:02 PM »
Have you ever considered taking up a hobby  ;D ?

Ed: ..... or is posting updates said hobby  ;) ?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2020, 05:25:49 PM »
Have you ever considered taking up a hobby  ;D ?

I have that much time on my hands just lately that I'm open to reasonable, appropriate, conventional, legitimate, sedate (my age), non reproductive or associated fields activities suggestions. Hopefully that's covered all conventional and non sadistic or sadomasochistic, debased activities and if I've missed anything, take it as read  ;)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2020, 05:27:26 PM »
The actual announcement is a hand grenade with the pin pulled out

Lionel Messi to Goal: "I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will STAY at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster"

In other words I have no faith in the management and I am only staying because I don't want to be embroiled in a legal dispute.

I think Barcelona and Messi might just be better off putting and end to the soap opera and agreeing an amicable split of the CD collection.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2020, 05:32:09 PM »
The actual announcement is a hand grenade with the pin pulled out

Lionel Messi to Goal: "I wasn't happy and I wanted to leave. I have not been allowed this in any way and I will STAY at the club so as not to get into a legal dispute. The management of the club led by Bartomeu is a disaster"

In other words I have no faith in the management and I am only staying because I don't want to be embroiled in a legal dispute.

I think Barcelona and Messi might just be better off putting and end to the soap opera and agreeing an amicable split of the CD collection.

They will have a new President very soon, the current favourite being Víctor Font, he will ensure that Messi concludes his playing career at Barca for sure
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2020, 05:36:28 PM »
Messi: “When I communicated my wish to leave to my wife and children, it was a brutal drama.

The whole family began crying, my children did not want to leave Barcelona."

(Source: Goal)

It really is as good as any soap opera you could ever wish to watch, not that I watch any of course  :)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2020, 05:41:52 PM »

Ed: ..... or is posting updates said hobby  ;) ?

So, that's it? I sit here all day slaving over a "hot chip" and that's all the thanks I get, well, well,  I'm leaving.

Wait, no I wont, because, because............................... because I wont!  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2020, 08:07:55 PM »
West Ham are in for Burnley defender James Tarkowski. Bid of around £20m with big add-ons turned down but another offer is expected. Spending the Diangana money... #whufc
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2020, 08:15:28 PM »
DEAL DONE: Chelsea have signed Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen for an initial £72m on a 5-year contract. (Source: @ChelseaFC)
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »
DEAL DONE: Chelsea have signed Kai Havertz from Bayer Leverkusen for an initial £72m on a 5-year contract. (Source: @ChelseaFC)
Even more reason for Chelsea looking to offload Batshuayi.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2020, 09:40:59 PM »
Not the main news tonight, but hey, let’s be magnanimous  :D

DEAL DONE: Arsenal have signed Dani Ceballos from Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

"Dani Ceballos, Dani Ceballos. He drinks Estrella, he eats Paella, the boy's ******* magic."
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 11:13:16 PM by OldburyWBA »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部