Author Topic: Mbaye Diagne  (Read 84140 times)

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

Re: Mbaye Diange
« Reply #75 on: January 28, 2021, 06:37:25 PM »
If he is all the comes in, I will understand the waste of money comments because I don’t think he will help a great deal.

If we can do something with midfield and defence too, collectively it then makes more sense.

Plastic Paddy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #76 on: January 28, 2021, 07:09:43 PM »
Lyall Thomas
@SkySportsLyall

Replying to
@SkySportsLyall
Mbaye Diagne has completed his medical and is waiting to receive a work permit. Once issued he will fly to UK to complete loan to #WBA from #Galatasaray https://skysports.com/transfer-centre

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #77 on: January 28, 2021, 08:07:38 PM »
There are now details flying around that there is a ‘must play’ in the loan contract.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #78 on: January 28, 2021, 08:45:19 PM »
There are now details flying around that there is a ‘must play’ in the loan contract.

I'd be surprised if we agreed that for any player as it undermines the authority of the manager.

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #79 on: January 28, 2021, 08:49:40 PM »

I wouldn’t say a ‘must play’ but due to our dire striker situation I’m pretty sure he’s had assurances that he will play a lot of football here.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2021, 09:09:30 PM »
Wonder if he speaks English. French is the language of Senegal so he may be short of people to speak to aside from Kipre who may be on his way out. Unless Pereira can manage a bit of French.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: January 28, 2021, 10:43:59 PM »
I wouldn’t say a ‘must play’ but due to our dire striker situation I’m pretty sure he’s had assurances that he will play a lot of football here.

I think I read the agent said a play guarantee had been confirmed.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #82 on: January 28, 2021, 10:54:25 PM »
Comes from a comment made by a none English speaking agent. No one gets must play written into their contract. Something obviously lost in translation.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

BRIAN

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #83 on: January 28, 2021, 10:58:19 PM »
Here we go again. Everyone appears to know everything about Diange but how often have they seen him play?

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #84 on: January 28, 2021, 11:40:20 PM »
Here we go again. Everyone appears to know everything about Diange but how often have they seen him play?

I've seen enough of him during a 2 minute youtube video I watched earlier. He could be the next Marcus Haber in my eyes

DevonInStripes

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2021, 02:31:37 AM »
Can’t see how he can be less effective than Karlan Grant . How much have we committed to over 6 years with KG ? Great signing by Slav .........

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2021, 07:55:46 AM »
I've seen enough of him during a 2 minute youtube video I watched earlier. He could be the next Marcus Haber in my eyes

His record suggests different. Shall we just give him a chance?
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2021, 08:45:55 AM »

If it's the same highlights package that I've seen I'd be inclined to agree. However the highlights I've seen bear no semblance to his career stats. I'll be interested to see how he fares at a higher league standard with I dare say fewer opportunities. Good physique, in form and we've no idea who edited the highlights package. Let's see what he's got.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2021, 09:28:46 AM »
There are two "highlights" reels on youtube one of which seems to have been put together with a certain amount of malice.

However there is a lot of information available that would suggest he is a decent finisher but does not contribute a great deal outside the box. Overlay the fact he has been playing for Galatasaray who are one of the better teams in a league one or two levels below the Premier League and factor in he making the step up quite late in his career and you cannot be optimistic about the impact he going to make.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Evo_Baggies

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2021, 09:53:41 AM »
Was only joking, cant watch a short video and decide on a players worth, his record for Gala looks decent in a good league too. Let's just see, just by the size of him he offers something different to Grant and Callum

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2021, 10:01:57 AM »
There are two "highlights" reels on youtube one of which seems to have been put together with a certain amount of malice.

However there is a lot of information available that would suggest he is a decent finisher but does not contribute a great deal outside the box. Overlay the fact he has been playing for Galatasaray who are one of the better teams in a league one or two levels below the Premier League and factor in he making the step up quite late in his career and you cannot be optimistic about the impact he going to make.
You can be optimistic if you want to be.

We've had too many failed youtube superstars to pay any mind to that and we've also had players from top leagues with excellent reputations that have bombed.

We need something different to what we have and he could be just that therefore I, for one, am certainly optimistic  :D
That could change come 17:00 tomorrow, of course  ;)

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2021, 12:29:45 PM »
Joseph Masi Tweeted

Sam Allardyce currently doing his pre-Fulham presser. Say Mbaye Diagne is due to arrive today... #wba
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2021, 12:33:42 PM »
Was only joking, cant watch a short video and decide on a players worth, his record for Gala looks decent in a good league too. Let's just see, just by the size of him he offers something different to Grant and Callum

I think we have done that before!

From memory we did it with Bifouma - that went well ;D
MAGA!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2021, 12:34:35 PM »
Leeds were after Mbaye Diagne about three or four years ago but it was reported at the time that they were having problems getting a work permit. I'd imagine he qualifies for one now. What would be the point pursuing him otherwise?
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

jimmyj

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2021, 12:43:43 PM »
As its gone midday today, he won't be available tomorrow will he?

Baggie79

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2021, 12:53:13 PM »
I think I read the agent said a play guarantee had been confirmed.

I Believe the deal is if he plays the deal is for (Just picking numers out of the air) £20k per week but if he doesn't play the wages go up to say £40k. So in reality we dont have to play him but it will cost us more if we dont. Pretty standard these days and I think this has been lost in translation.
Gera, Gera, Gera

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2021, 01:00:15 PM »
Leeds were after Mbaye Diagne about three or four years ago but it was reported at the time that they were having problems getting a work permit. I'd imagine he qualifies for one now. What would be the point pursuing him otherwise?
sounds right, Senegal are currently a top 20 national team and Turkey is seen as a better league than China where he was 3/4 years ago. Especially as he’s coming from a top team in that league.

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2021, 01:15:34 PM »
His late arrival means little impact on Fulham game. I hope we have enough to get a result without any additions.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2021, 01:39:24 PM »
His late arrival means little impact on Fulham game. I hope we have enough to get a result without any additions.

We needed players in sooner. We can pretty much write off the Sheff Utd game for any new signings too. These 2 games could define our season.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2021, 04:51:19 PM »
Due to land soon

"Mbaye Diagne is already on his flight to reach England. He must undergo his medical examination and then sign his contract with West Bromwich Albion, loan with option to purchase
Soon with rightwards arrow above
Hundred points symbol
#Wba#galatasaray#Transfers#Senegal"

POsted with a picture of him boarding plane