Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 229567 times)

Xpresso

• Youth Baggie

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #325 on: September 24, 2019, 06:33:57 PM »
Time to give O'Shea a chance.

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #326 on: September 25, 2019, 12:47:40 PM »
Actually been ok this season.

He’s a defender and a decent one, but can’t pass to save his life. Unfortunately in this climate the onus is on defenders being comfortable on the ball which he isn’t so, after a few more games it’s time to give way for hegazi return
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #327 on: September 25, 2019, 01:54:27 PM »
Since his first game v Barnsley, he has been the worst central defender since Stacey North, the only West Brom player I've ever booed as not being worth wearing the Baggies shirt

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #328 on: September 25, 2019, 02:00:59 PM »
I suspect when Hegazi is considered to be match fit, we will then have some idea on Slaven’s take on him.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #329 on: September 25, 2019, 02:49:41 PM »
Time to give Ferguson a chance instead of Bartley at centre back. Gibbs can then slot back in at left back, where I think he is more dangerous going forward.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #330 on: September 25, 2019, 03:34:10 PM »
Time to give Ferguson a chance instead of Bartley at centre back. Gibbs can then slot back in at left back, where I think he is more dangerous going forward.

Ferguson is too small for a CB. I know he's "naturally" one going through the youth setup playing there, but I just cannot ever see it in future
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

CL3MO

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #331 on: September 25, 2019, 07:42:51 PM »
Time to give O'Shea a chance.

I wouldn't fancy playing O'Shea with Ferguson LB - way too inexperienced.

Other than that one ricket, he hasn't played badly this season.

When Hegazi comes back, that's when we may see him depart the first 11.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #332 on: September 25, 2019, 07:49:09 PM »
Since his first game v Barnsley, he has been the worst central defender since Stacey North, the only West Brom player I've ever booed as not being worth wearing the Baggies shirt

A bit harsh, I think you should never boo a player if they're trying and Bartley isn't lazy.

I think Hegazi will replace him when he returns. In my view, Bartley isn't as bad as some people make out but is still too error prone to be a regular.

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #333 on: September 25, 2019, 08:05:59 PM »
Bartley's better IMHO when playing on the right of the two centre backs.  Worried that Hegazi is going to be rushed in before he's match sharp - he needs a couple of reserve games before entering the big arena.  When he does it could be Bartley right CB, Hegazi left CB and Ajayi in Livermore's  place or even 3 at the back - Bilic has options.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #334 on: September 25, 2019, 08:17:58 PM »
I thought he was useless until the last few games of last season, in fairness, he has been okay this season on the whole, but is definitely a weak link in the team with little likelihood of improving, he is not the future.
Baggie in Southampton

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #335 on: September 25, 2019, 11:24:46 PM »
One thing he does well is stick up for his team mates, couple of matches ago a right sided player had a dig at Gibbs..he went straight obver and made his presence felt

If nothing else, I think he gives a 5hit and gets stuck in .
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #336 on: September 26, 2019, 07:02:41 AM »
Personally I think he's OK. Not the greatest but OK.
He gets stuck in and never shirks a challenge, gets a lot of unjustified stick in my opinion.
If ever there's a problem he's one of the first on the spot to sort it out.
Yes he's got a rick in him occasionally but tell him just to head, kick and tackle and hes fine.
Sometimes he comes across as too cool and calm when a bit of urgency is needed.
Would love to see Ajayi in midfield just for a game to see what he can do and leave Bartley and  Hegazi in the centre back positions
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #337 on: September 26, 2019, 11:25:20 AM »
My opinion is that we would be better leaving Ajayi where he is when Hegazi is back, all reports indicate that Semi is still developing and he will learn an awful lot more from Hegazi which will benefit club and player in the long term

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #338 on: September 26, 2019, 11:31:13 AM »
Bartley is a solid championship CH, what he doesn't really need is to be playing it out from the back, tell him to hoof it if he can't pass it very short to someone in the clear.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #339 on: September 26, 2019, 07:39:56 PM »
My opinion is that we would be better leaving Ajayi where he is when Hegazi is back, all reports indicate that Semi is still developing and he will learn an awful lot more from Hegazi which will benefit club and player in the long term

Agreed. Ajayi is showing himself to be a defender of immense potential. Why people would want to move him from CB is beyond me.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

Brooklynbaggie

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #340 on: October 01, 2019, 10:22:40 PM »
He was unlucky tonight. Had he missed it Bamford would have got it and it was offside. One of those things. He did a job tonight. With three to come back into the back four we have strength in depth as a squad.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #341 on: October 01, 2019, 10:30:58 PM »
He was unlucky tonight. Had he missed it Bamford would have got it and it was offside. One of those things. He did a job tonight. With three to come back into the back four we have strength in depth as a squad.
Agree, I think he’s having a pretty good season
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #342 on: October 01, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »
Semi is making him look good by covering his positonal f ups. The sooner we get Hegazi back the better.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #343 on: October 01, 2019, 10:49:22 PM »
Bamford bossed him. He's poor.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #344 on: October 02, 2019, 08:13:25 AM »
He's awful, much as people on here try to claim otherwise. The sooner he is out of the side the better.

baggiebof

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #345 on: October 02, 2019, 10:06:10 AM »
Fine as a starter for most in this league. Fortunately we have a better player to come and replace him, he will be an adequate backup after the international break.

BoingFlyer

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #346 on: October 02, 2019, 10:38:20 AM »
He looked decent last night. Not much he could do about the O.G.
Make Mercia Great Again. #MMGA

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2019, 11:08:36 AM »
He looked decent last night. Not much he could do about the O.G.

The O.G. was unfortunate, but I thought the tackle he made earlier in the half was very poor and unnecessary and he was lucky the foul was just outside the box.

He has been much better this season, but I can't wait until Hegazi comes back to partner Ajayi.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2019, 12:12:52 PM »
Fine as a starter for most in this league. Fortunately we have a better player to come and replace him, he will be an adequate backup after the international break.

He's played well at times, but has a rick in him. Once he's on the bench our squad looks much stronger.

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2019, 12:49:14 PM »
For me he has done well this season. The fact remains however that we have a better player to come in. That can only be positive for the club. I would still argue with those who claim he is useless though.