Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 844359 times)

timdon

• Senior Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2018, 11:14:42 PM »
This poor sod is on a hiding to nothing......do we really think that this bunch who have no self respect, no respect for 2 experienced managers.....are going to have any respect for someone they'd probably never heard of before coming to WBA who has no managerial experience at all........and bear in mind these 'players' know they are already relegated....despite what the head-in-the-sand may think !!!
He could not pick said players for starters

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2018, 11:20:27 PM »
He could not pick said players for starters
We'd be playing 5 a side if he didnt !!!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2018, 11:29:49 PM »
We'd be playing 5 a side if he didnt !!!
Lol, not quite that bad. Would certainly leave out Barry, Livermore, Myhill, Evans, and then pick whoever he likes and whoever seems up for it. I think most of us at this stage would be happy with some genuine sweat breaking effort. All the fans will be 100 percent behind big Dave. He should ascertain who really wants to play for us next season and pick the side from them.

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2018, 11:48:33 PM »
This poor sod is on a hiding to nothing......do we really think that this bunch who have no self respect, no respect for 2 experienced managers.....are going to have any respect for someone they'd probably never heard of before coming to WBA who has no managerial experience at all........and bear in mind these 'players' know they are already relegated....despite what the head-in-the-sand may think !!!
Why have you tarred all of the squad with the same brush?
What a sweeping statement, "...have no self respect"!
I'm confident that some of the players, including some of the 'old lags' and the kids will respond to DM.
The young players will know him very well, and I doubt there is any lack of respect in those relationships.
I fully understand that the club is in a parlous position, but not everything should be viewed through such a pessimistic lens.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2018, 12:16:10 AM »
If anyone can galvanise team spirit it's Big Dave.

I don't give a monkey's now about results, it's over anyway. I just hope DM enjoys his time to the end of the season and learns some stuff. Bloke could do no wrong in my eyes anyway.

Boing Boing.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2018, 05:27:46 AM »
I smiled watching the footage of Big Dave taking training that the club uploaded to Twitter yesterday. Honestly couldn't be happier for the bloke and after seeing nothing but dinosaurs in the dugout this season it's refreshing to see one of our own who has the club's best interests at heart there.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2018, 06:26:21 AM »
I'm sure Big Dave will give the last six games his heart and soul.
No point in being concerned over the results, I hope he can get a couple of results between now and the end of the season just to give him a boost
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2018, 08:55:06 AM »
I feel sorry for Big Dave getting left in this situation.

Clearly a lovely bloke, but a manager he’s not. Just hope it doesn’t tarnish his reputation and memories of him as a player here with folk.

nick_wba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2018, 09:05:07 AM »

Clearly a lovely bloke, but a manager he’s not. Just hope it doesn’t tarnish his reputation and memories of him as a player here with folk.

On what basis have you come to that conclusion?

Wigmore

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2018, 10:20:30 AM »

How on earth can his reputation be tarnished?? We all know how he came to be given the role. We all know who got us in this mess, and it isn't him!
I think you should head up to the Palm training ground and tell him to his face he is not a manager. Good luck! ;)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2018, 12:31:45 PM »
Do I think the squad who couldn't "do it" on Cyrille Regis day will perform to show respect for Big Dave ??

sadly not !

the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #61 on: April 04, 2018, 01:25:44 PM »
Do I think the squad who couldn't "do it" on Cyrille Regis day will perform to show respect for Big Dave ??

sadly not !
My thoughts exactly. Yes it may seem pessimistic but I've watched us over the last 2 year and had any optimism kicked out of me. !! I wish Big Dave all the best because he is going to need it !!
He's a lad from the Wrenna

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #62 on: April 04, 2018, 01:29:51 PM »
If anyone can galvanise team spirit it's Big Dave.
We'll have to see. Looking at it dispassionately, it doesn't necessarily follow that his wholeheartedness as a player will translate into him being a great coach. Having no meaningful help on the coaching front will make it even more difficult for him as well.

I'll be fascinated to see who he picks for the Swansea game, what tactics he uses and how the side as a whole responds.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2018, 02:20:54 PM »
We're into damage limitation stage and Big Dave is there in my view to appease fans as much as he's there to shepherd the team to the end of the season.

Big Dave was an inspirational player but he has the sort of task even some of the World's best coaches would struggle to improve. It's not as thought he can make a few tackles or headers to raise the fans and he's relying on players who've shown they're not @rsed and are likely already looking to their next clubs/ way to maintain their extortionate wages.

I honestly struggle to see this team picking up more than 3 points in the remaining games (three hard won draws rather than 1 win).

I'd love to be surprised..........

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2018, 02:31:30 PM »
Like many others have said, he will have the fans backing. There's only one Big Dave afterall.

My hope is his experience working with the youth setup means he will put his trust in them. We have nothing to lose by giving them game-time and it will be good experience for years ahead, regardless of whether they make it with us or leave.

Despite the current crop coming through supposedly being the best we've produced so far, only Berahino has broken into the first team regularly. If you don't give players chances on the pitch, they won't improve and we, the fans, will always be in the dark as to their ability.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2018, 04:05:26 PM »
We're into damage limitation stage and Big Dave is there in my view to appease fans as much as he's there to shepherd the team to the end of the season.

Big Dave was an inspirational player but he has the sort of task even some of the World's best coaches would struggle to improve. It's not as thought he can make a few tackles or headers to raise the fans and he's relying on players who've shown they're not @rsed and are likely already looking to their next clubs/ way to maintain their extortionate wages.

I honestly struggle to see this team picking up more than 3 points in the remaining games (three hard won draws rather than 1 win).

I'd love to be surprised..........
This is the only logic to sacking Pardew now, they could sense the fans were turning, or staying away altogether, and were trying to keep the peace. Could backfire though as, whilst Big Dave will galvanise the fans, if the players disrespect him by turning up with their "couldn't give a sh!te" attitude, then it will be them that they turn on. Could get ugly.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #66 on: April 04, 2018, 05:34:32 PM »
Despite the current crop coming through supposedly being the best we've produced so far, only Berahino has broken into the first team regularly. If you don't give players chances on the pitch, they won't improve and we, the fans, will always be in the dark as to their ability.

Now we're in the Championship we should see more of the younger players.  It's a lot tougher trying to break into a mid table Prem side than it is a mid table Championship side.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #67 on: April 05, 2018, 01:09:28 PM »
Question:

If he wins 4/5 of our remaining fixtures would you back him for the job full time?

A mate of mine is a Bournemouth fan and is completely bought into the way Bournemouth do things, and that is filling the club with 'Bournemouth people' all with one ethos. They have a one club philosophy and he expects that Howe would be replaced with one of the coaches working under him when he is poached.

So he questioned me, along those above lines, that if we are looking to build a project/system/structure/philosophy - whatever you want to call it, why wouldn't you give the job To Big Dave if he proves that he has something about him.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #68 on: April 05, 2018, 01:12:29 PM »
Question:

If he wins 4/5 of our remaining fixtures would you back him for the job full time?

A mate of mine is a Bournemouth fan and is completely bought into the way Bournemouth do things, and that is filling the club with 'Bournemouth people' all with one ethos. They have a one club philosophy and he expects that Howe would be replaced with one of the coaches working under him when he is poached.

So he questioned me, along those above lines, that if we are looking to build a project/system/structure/philosophy - whatever you want to call it, why wouldn't you give the job To Big Dave if he proves that he has something about him.

If he wins 4 or 5 games with this lot he should get a knighthood.

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #69 on: April 05, 2018, 01:17:35 PM »
Now we're in the Championship we should see more of the younger players.  It's a lot tougher trying to break into a mid table Prem side than it is a mid table Championship side.

While that is true, I still think we need a strong, experienced core of players. We can't put put out a team of kids every week and hope to get promoted. But with the extra game, squad rotation is key so they may get their chance when we're playing our 4th game in 13 days

He/him

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #70 on: April 05, 2018, 01:34:41 PM »
We'll Still have Brunt, Yacob, G-Mac (Possibly), Dawson (Hopefully), Foster (Hopefully) and Robson (Hopefully) to provide the Youth With Experience Not Forgetting Matt Phillips who has Experience at this level and might come good and J-Rod as well But we need more Players to help with the youth as well.
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2018, 02:14:12 PM »
Very true. You'd want to pair the younger player with a more experienced one, e.g. Field next to Yacob in midfield.

Anyway, going back to Big Dave, he has my full support for the rest of the season, and I hope to see some changes, though I am prepared for more of the same if I'm honest

He/him

wimbledon baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2018, 02:29:40 PM »
Wish Darren Moore all the very best with zero pressure or expectation.

He is in a difficult position as the role of coach is very different to that of manager. Coaching is just trying to improve all the players and work on different formations etc. Managing means dropping some players, promoting others so he cant keep everyone happy. Be very interesting to see who he picks as captain and which players he leaves out.

Hope you get some reaction from this underperforming lot big man!

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2018, 02:39:22 PM »

If he wins 4 or 5 games with this lot he should get a knighthood.
If he wins 2 he will have done better than 2 "Established" Premier League managers.
If he wins 4 or 5 he should indeed get a knighthood plus the freedom of West Bromwich, drinks for life at the Star and Garter and first pick of the clobber on the market!

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2018, 02:43:00 PM »
If he wins 2 he will have done better than 2 "Established" Premier League managers.
If he wins 4 or 5 he should indeed get a knighthood plus the freedom of West Bromwich, drinks for life at the Star and Garter and first pick of the clobber on the market!

The Star and Garter closed down some time ago you cheapskate  ;D .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.