Author Topic: I ain't giving up!  (Read 39058 times)

mateinone

• Youth Baggie

Re: I ain't giving up!
« Reply #75 on: February 15, 2018, 05:19:03 PM »
I have been pretty sure we would be relegated for a long time and I told a mate when Pardew was appointed that I would be VERY surprised if we managed to stay up, it was I thought our last chance to have a real shot and I never thought Pardew could do it.

I am almost accepting of Championship football next year, hoping that we can start to right things at the club, play better football, get a winning mentality back and hopefully fight our way back into the premier league with a team that has a fresher more attractive approach to football.

As for this season, whilst the fat lady has not actually started her singing yet she has been ready and waiting in the dressing room for a while now and inevitably will perform.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #76 on: February 15, 2018, 05:55:13 PM »
I am almost accepting of Championship football next year, hoping that we can start to right things at the club, play better football,
We have been playing better football since AP took over. The results haven't improved so far, but does anyone seriously believe that the football hasn't improved?

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #77 on: February 15, 2018, 07:21:47 PM »
Silver lining, least we get to go to some new grounds next year that dont cost 50 quid for tickets alone just to see us get humbled  :D

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #78 on: February 15, 2018, 08:30:22 PM »
Silver lining, least we get to go to some new grounds next year that dont cost 50 quid for tickets alone just to see us get humbled  :D

Maximum you'll pay away in the Prem is £30, some champ clubs are charging up to £42+
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #79 on: February 15, 2018, 08:31:09 PM »

the most we've paid for away games is £30...no one has charged us £50....we've been humbled plenty of times though!
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #80 on: February 15, 2018, 09:04:12 PM »
Dress it up any way you want.
I'll take no pleasure at the end of the season saying I told you so.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #81 on: February 15, 2018, 09:09:03 PM »
Dress it up any way you want.
I'll take no pleasure at the end of the season saying I told you so.

No, you haven't waited till the end of the season.

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #82 on: February 15, 2018, 10:39:21 PM »
[img][/img

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #83 on: February 16, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »

Oh dear.

Either somebody hasn't been to an away game in a while (which is fine), or somebody hasn't got a clue what they're on about.

I'll sit on the fence with this one and suggest it may be a case of both.......  :-X  ;) .
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #84 on: February 16, 2018, 09:33:54 AM »
I know exactly how you feel, I felt completely drained after the Southampton game/performance but after a day or so its out of my system & I'm back looking forward to the next game, built myself up for the Chelsea game & walked away from the Bridge frustrated but satisfied that the players had given it a go against superior opposition, now I'm buzzing again about the FA cup game on Saturday.

There is nothing we can do to change previous results but we may be able to help future ones by showing the players we're right with them in making the Hawthorns a very noisy cauldron for the remaining 6 league games.

I really don't give a sh'ite what division we are in next season but for the rest of this one I'm going to play my part in supporting the team & AP to the hilt, in the hope we can pull off Great Escape 2.

COYB LGBTB

Come on you baggies
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Trans-sexual, ?????

or
Lets get behind the boys?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

WoysWunderful

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #85 on: February 16, 2018, 02:50:37 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D hold my hands up i didnt realise the 30 pound tickets applied to all clubs, id only seen a report saying some clubs were doing it  >:(

currently having my egg sunny side up

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #86 on: February 16, 2018, 06:41:21 PM »
Come on you baggies
Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Trans-sexual, ?????

or
Lets get behind the boys?

;D the second one  ;D I must have lived a very sheltered life  ;D

You nic on the other hand  :P

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #87 on: February 16, 2018, 11:11:05 PM »
You and I might not have given up. But the players have they don't care enough even to be professional and that is the end close the curtains dim the lights the party is over. Championship here we come.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #88 on: February 17, 2018, 12:01:40 AM »
You and I might not have given up. But the players have they don't care enough even to be professional and that is the end close the curtains dim the lights the party is over. Championship here we come.
Do us a favourite mate. Can you call me cab first?
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #89 on: February 17, 2018, 12:09:34 AM »
You're a cab, there you go you're welcome.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

B714LF

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #90 on: February 17, 2018, 01:44:38 AM »
I think the secret is not to look to far ahead. We win our next game or 2 and see if we can get some form/momentum going and soon thing look a bit different.

Put a fiver on us to stay up and if it happens you wouldn't win enough for a hair cut. That tells me it's far from over.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2018, 11:39:11 AM »
I think the secret is not to look to far ahead. We win our next game or 2 and see if we can get some form/momentum going and soon thing look a bit different.

Put a fiver on us to stay up and if it happens you wouldn't win enough for a hair cut.
That tells me it's far from over.

I don't know what barbers you go to. 9/4 the odds to stay up so that gives me winnings of £11.25. It's £9 at my barbers. Sorry to be pedantic but someone had to do it lol.  ;D

You are right in what you're saying though. 4/11 to be relegated for a club seven points adrift with eleven games to go doesn't strike me as particularly short. I suppose those odds are reflective of the winnable nature of our remaining fixtures compared to other relegation threatened clubs. The points predictor thing clearly indicates it is far from impossible to stay up though of course it will be very difficult.

It would help if we stopped pressing the self destruct button.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #92 on: February 17, 2018, 07:57:09 PM »
Struggling tonight  :'(

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #93 on: February 17, 2018, 08:11:22 PM »
Some people on here haven't given up and FairPlay to 'em, shame we can't say the same about the playing staff because they've thrown the towel in ! I have never seen such a poor excuse of a football team than what we have. They are an utter disgrace to the name of West Bromwich Albion and so many of its great players down the years.
He's a lad from the Wrenna

stoxman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #94 on: February 17, 2018, 08:16:25 PM »
Do us a favourite mate. Can you call me cab first?

There's a few of our players can get you that cab for nothing....

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #95 on: February 17, 2018, 11:00:28 PM »
There's a few of our players can get you that cab for nothing....
I’d like to see them try that trick in Florida.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #96 on: February 18, 2018, 07:17:49 AM »
Problem seems to be that the players gave up at 40 points last season
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #97 on: February 18, 2018, 07:43:20 AM »
I think we need to accept its a massive re-build next year from the playing side up to board level.
We'll soon see what Mr Lai is made of, and what his revised vision is to take the club forward.
I don't think we need to worry about any asset stripping on the playing side as we have very few players worth a w@nk anyway.
I would be more concerned about the bricks and mortar however
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Norfolk Baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #98 on: February 18, 2018, 09:19:18 AM »
So I posted early on in the thread along the lines of mathematically does this likely.  Answer no, overturning a 7 point deficit does not look likely in the games we have left.  Are there three terms worse than us?  I cannot see which three are worse, and do the players have the heart for the fight?  My assessment of the last criteria is getting worse by the day.  Taxigate demonstrates some players do not care, and the  FA cup match shows that some players are suffering a massive lack of confidence.  I supported the sacking of Pulis, but the hard fact is results wise, Pardew has done no better, and at the end of the season I fear will have performed worse than Pulis.  At Board level, the sacking of the CEO and Chairman shows a club with limited foundations and governance- which was always a strength under JP like him or not. So on a Sunday morning I see a poorly motivated team lacking confidence, an underperforming Manager and a Board structure which does not provide internal stability.  Someone please cheer me up, but I am starting to get really worried about next season.  FOr the record I will be cheering the lads on from the East Stand come what may.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2018, 10:33:19 AM »
So I posted early on in the thread along the lines of mathematically does this likely.  Answer no, overturning a 7 point deficit does not look likely in the games we have left.  Are there three terms worse than us?  I cannot see which three are worse, and do the players have the heart for the fight?  My assessment of the last criteria is getting worse by the day.  Taxigate demonstrates some players do not care, and the  FA cup match shows that some players are suffering a massive lack of confidence.  I supported the sacking of Pulis, but the hard fact is results wise, Pardew has done no better, and at the end of the season I fear will have performed worse than Pulis.  At Board level, the sacking of the CEO and Chairman shows a club with limited foundations and governance- which was always a strength under JP like him or not. So on a Sunday morning I see a poorly motivated team lacking confidence, an underperforming Manager and a Board structure which does not provide internal stability.  Someone please cheer me up, but I am starting to get really worried about next season.  FOr the record I will be cheering the lads on from the East Stand come what may.

A really good post. Pretty much sums up things for me.
I think that we are currently the worst performing side in the division but if we can somehow get a win against Huddersfield then we have the ability in the side to get  the points to be the 4th or even 5th worst team in the division.....small crumbs I know but it would keep us in the division.