Author Topic: I ain't giving up!  (Read 39190 times)

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

I ain't giving up!
« on: February 12, 2018, 01:53:01 PM »
There appears to be a collective resignation by many fans that we are already relegated, well I for one do not feel the same & will not give up until there is not enough points to play for to reach safety, just over 2 weeks ago a very good friend of mine who's a Swansea STH told me they were 100% going to be relegated, just look where they are now, so if we can string 2 or 3 wins together it would look very different down at the bottom, it won't take a miracle, just a little bit of luck.

Call me an optimist but with 36 points to play for I'm staying right behind the team & AP, I wonder how many of you are thinking the same as me.

COYB     
Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: I ain't giving up!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2018, 01:57:50 PM »
Am more concerned if the players have given up rather than the fans, if they come out fighting tonight and give it their all its a good indicator.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2018, 01:58:48 PM »
There appears to be a collective resignation by many fans that we are already relegated, well I for one do not feel the same & will not give up until there is not enough points to play for to reach safety, just over 2 weeks ago a very good friend of mine who's a Swansea STH told me they were 100% going to be relegated, just look where they are now, so if we can string 2 or 3 wins together it would look very different down at the bottom, it won't take a miracle, just a little bit of luck.

Call me an optimist but with 36 points to play for I'm staying right behind the team & AP, I wonder how many of you are thinking the same as me.

COYB     

Your an optimist, but hey we all have to dream.
I'm a realist. I hate to pi$$ on your bonfire but we are gonners.
If we put two or three past Chelsea tonight all that's doing is prolonging the agony.
The teams above us have more heart and desire than we have.
Thanks to Pulisball the team is psychologically damaged.

My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2018, 02:32:04 PM »
If we put two or three past Chelsea tonight all that's doing is prolonging the agony.

Hang on, did I read that right?

You said if we put 2/3 past Chelsea and therefore secured our 1st win there since 1983, that you wouldn't believe we could get out of it?

I'm amazed.  I would've thought every WBA fan would be bouncing off the walls!  With a winnable home match to come within 5 days......

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2018, 02:44:38 PM »
Hang on, did I read that right?

You said if we put 2/3 past Chelsea and therefore secured our 1st win there since 1983, that you wouldn't believe we could get out of it?

I'm amazed.  I would've thought every WBA fan would be bouncing off the walls!  With a winnable home match to come within 5 days......

I still think we'll win the cup if that helps  8)

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2018, 02:52:10 PM »

COYB     

I'm with you. If we can get a win tonight we will be 1 point up on my predictions to get us to 38 points, made prior to the Brighton game. It's certainly not all over....yet! If we lose tonight I think we will need to win 4 out of the next 6 (or win 3, draw 3). Surely that has to at least be possible with home games with Huddersfield, Leicester, Burnley and Swansea and away games at Watford and Bournemouth making up that run of fixtures. We will then need to pick up 1 more win (or 3 draws) from the 4 games against Man Utd, Liverpool, Newcastle and Spurs. I predict now it will go down to 'winner takes all' match at Palace on the last day and a win for us there will send Palace down!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2018, 02:57:08 PM »
Huddersfield will see us as fodder. too much to do. no evidence whatsoever of us winning enough games. tis over folks
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2018, 03:12:06 PM »

COYB     
I am for one mate, it aye over till the fat lady sings. Doom and gloom don't sit right with me.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 03:17:37 PM by kc56wba »
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Singhwba

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 03:15:23 PM »
I agree. Im an optimist and i can see why is everyone is down in the dumps.
But even if we do lose tonight, we have a good run of 6 fixtures home and away where we can potentially take 18 points, even 15 points is probably more realistic but its possible. I know we've only won 3 games all season, but up until the Man City/S'ton game we was playing good football and had a good run. I cant see why we cant do it again and grind results together.
Need to keep the faith and keep going.
We've done it before and we can do it again!

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2018, 04:14:43 PM »

I still have hope, there's too many games to go to give it up yet. People are saying how can we go on a run of victories when we've only won 3 so far, but we've had 11 draws, so it wouldn't take much to tip some of those in our favour going forward. Hopefully Sturridge can stay fit and bang in a few wonder goals for us. We're playing much better than we were earlier in the season (apart from the last couple of games, sadly) and look much more of a goal threat, whilst remaining relatively resolute at the back when our first choice defence is playing (hopefully Ali Gabr will be better than people seem to think too).

It's not over yet and the sides above can't all win every week.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2018, 06:59:29 PM »
Don't worry you haven't inebriated on my bonfire, on the contrary, the more negativity I read the more optimistic I become, it's not the hope that kills you, because without hope you have nothing & I imagine that's the kind of message AP will be impressing on the players, let's pray that the manager & squad don't have the defeatist attitude of some on here.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2018, 07:11:28 PM »
Don't worry you haven't inebriated on my bonfire, on the contrary, the more negativity I read the more optimistic I become, it's not the hope that kills you, because without hope you have nothing & I imagine that's the kind of message AP will be impressing on the players, let's pray that the manager & squad don't have the defeatist attitude of some on here.

Said yesterday. Go and win 7 on the bounce. Job done.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2018, 07:47:12 PM »

Said yesterday. Go and win 7 on the bounce. Job done.

I don't think even you believe that

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2018, 07:53:04 PM »
A classic Pardew winning streak would be very nice.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2018, 08:40:35 PM »
While I'm delighted that the originator of this post ain't giving up, our players all have.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2018, 08:42:45 PM »
While I'm delighted that the originator of this post ain't giving up, our players all have.

I get that impression too
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

costa blanca baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2018, 10:10:10 PM »
I hate to say it, but I didn’t see enough tonight to warrant any chance of avoiding relegation.
Humanity is a parade of fools, and I’m at the front of it...twirling the baton.

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2018, 05:30:03 PM »
Totally disagree eck, following a good performance against Brighton which gave all our fans a big boost, our last 3 results have really put many fans in the 'we're gone' camp but lets put them into context, Man City: well beaten with an understrength team (most teams lose there at full strength), Southampton: well beaten but again major players missing, Chelsea: close to full strength team, well beaten in the end but gave a good account of ourselves, (IMO on a par with the Liverpool game) until the 2nd goal went in, 3/4 good chances to score but failure to do so cost us the game, the old adage goals change games, I think the reason I remain optimistic is the fact that we are continuing to create chances, just need to put a few away  ;D
Roll on saturday  ;)     

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2018, 07:42:41 PM »
Totally disagree eck, following a good performance against Brighton which gave all our fans a big boost, our last 3 results have really put many fans in the 'we're gone' camp but lets put them into context, Man City: well beaten with an understrength team (most teams lose there at full strength), Southampton: well beaten but again major players missing, Chelsea: close to full strength team, well beaten in the end but gave a good account of ourselves, (IMO on a par with the Liverpool game) until the 2nd goal went in, 3/4 good chances to score but failure to do so cost us the game, the old adage goals change games, I think the reason I remain optimistic is the fact that we are continuing to create chances, just need to put a few away  ;D
I think that's a fair analysis, but you won't get through to those who've already drowned in a sea of despondency. Let's see what happens against Huddersfield (who are being regarded as world-beaters by some when they're very far from it) and take it from there.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 07:44:19 PM by WorcsWBA »

Tatnam baggie

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2018, 08:47:55 PM »
Roll on saturday  ;)   

I really like you're assumption! I thought it was just me that thought Albion played quite well against a top side, last night. we were well in the match, until Chelsea got a lucky break for there second goal. Lucky breaks Albion don't seem to get, but that could change. with the teams coming up we've got every chance of picking up points. I do think good FA cup win would do everyone a big boost.

baggieboy74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2018, 08:54:28 PM »
I hope at the end of the season you can revive this thread and say I told you so.

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2018, 09:08:29 AM »
Gibbs has no fight or desire in him. I’d put Nyom back at left back in a back four with Evans, Hegazi and Dawson.  I’d also keep a close eye on Barry and consider replacing him with Yacob as he always gets around the pith - horrible for the opposition to deal with. Pardrew also needs to see the light and play Sturridge when he’s fit alongside J-Rod or throw Charli into a midfield five if he’s fit.

We are certainty going to have to scrap very hard to beat Huddersfield. Time for the team to man up.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2018, 10:11:16 AM »
I am still expecting us to stay up, probably on goal difference but we need to start taking our chances and defending better. There are still 33 points to play for.

Huddersfield is starting to feel like a watershed moment for our season though.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2018, 10:22:25 AM »
Gibbs has no fight or desire in him. I’d put Nyom back at left back in a back four with Evans, Hegazi and Dawson.  I’d also keep a close eye on Barry and consider replacing him with Yacob as he always gets around the pith - horrible for the opposition to deal with. Pardrew also needs to see the light and play Sturridge when he’s fit alongside J-Rod or throw Charli into a midfield five if he’s fit.

We are certainty going to have to scrap very hard to beat Huddersfield. Time for the team to man up.
I have to agree mate. Nyom is a limited footballer but he has more passion in his little finger than a lot of the starters seem to have, Gibbs included. We need fighters now, not prima donas.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2018, 11:22:23 AM »
A classic Pardew winning streak would be very nice.

I'd settle for a win to start with.