Author Topic: 16 May 2017 Man City 3 Albion 1  (Read 43722 times)

albion59

• Senior Baggie

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #250 on: May 17, 2017, 08:00:29 PM »
Kanu for rondon any day of the week. I thought football was about trying to score more than the opposition  especially since we have not had any relegation pressure for weeks now, awful football , we won't even muster one double this season
Once again Glyn i have to agree

dont ask me to choose luv

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #251 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:17 PM »

Semantics the goal last night was an open goal 6he goal against Arsenal was an open goal.

Coutinho's 2nd on Sunday for example was an open goal.

When was the last time Rondon got a chance like those?

As for p1ss poor. Stick to slagging off the Villa Damtcl.

You going to dish it, you going to have to take it, don't be so precious & try holding your hand up sometimes when you're wrong.

Oh & it's damtcl to you

SOTV

Life is about using the whole box of crayons!

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #252 on: May 17, 2017, 10:44:50 PM »
pooh, pooh end to the season.

Things have to change in the break.

I hope someone worthwhile is listening.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #253 on: May 18, 2017, 02:18:18 AM »
He's yet to score in an open goal! Not sure where you get the 'another' open goal from. His goal against Arsenal had 4 players between him and the goal (goalkeeper, 2 defenders and McClean) and his goal against Southampton was from outside the box. No open goal at all.

Anyway.

Another dreadful performance, probably the worst (away) performance of the season. We only looked like attacking once McClean and Robson Kanu got on the pitch, both need to start against Swansea. The i newspaper called us feeble in it's write up this morning and they were right.

At the end I thought the players were going to go straight down the tunnel as only Dawson seemed interested in coming over to applaud us, glad the others finally made some sort of effort pity they couldn't put any effort in for 70+ minutes of the game.

Spurs away was worse than Man City in my honest opinion.

That said I did witness these games through 'beernoculars'  ;D  :-X .

Went to both and from my 'stand' point the Man City supporters were beginning to get a little frustrated/agitated/generally cuntish prior to their first goal. Funny to see a few of them quite clearly worried when we pulled one back too  :o.

As an aside I used to have a lot of time for City supporters but it appears the arrogance from the red half of the city may be contagious.

Everton was pretty pooh as well in all honesty, even through fore mentioned visual apparel  ;) .
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:20:04 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #254 on: May 18, 2017, 08:38:13 AM »
I'm interested to hear from someone who was actually there yesterday evening

Were we really as bad in the flesh as we looked on the box?

Yes we were dreadful! We looked flat and clueless. Endless sideways balls then a hopeless punt up to their defenders.

Semantics the goal last night was an open goal 6he goal against Arsenal was an open goal.

Coutinho's 2nd on Sunday for example was an open goal.

When was the last time Rondon got a chance like those?

As for p1ss poor. Stick to slagging off the Villa Damtcl.

You probably want to buy a better dictionary if you think the definition of an open goal is a goal with 4 players in it, definitely not an open goal.
An open goal is just that, an open or undefended goal.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/open_goal
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #255 on: May 18, 2017, 09:01:49 AM »
Yes we were dreadful! We looked flat and clueless. Endless sideways balls then a hopeless punt up to their defenders.
 You probably want to buy a better dictionary if you think the definition of an open goal is a goal with 4 players in it, definitely not an open goal.
An open goal is just that, an open or undefended goal.

https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/open_goal

No way was it an open goal. If it had been Chadli or Rondon they would have hit the bar or put it wide. It was a simple goal but he had to be there to score. You can see by the look on £50m rated Stones face that he had messed up........ well done HRK. A simple goal but the only positive from a dismal night. 
MAGA!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #256 on: May 18, 2017, 09:20:43 AM »
Spurs away was worse than Man City in my honest opinion.

That said I did witness these games through 'beernoculars'  ;D  :-X .

Went to both and from my 'stand' point the Man City supporters were beginning to get a little frustrated/agitated/generally cuntish prior to their first goal. Funny to see a few of them quite clearly worried when we pulled one back too  :o.

As an aside I used to have a lot of time for City supporters but it appears the arrogance from the red half of the city may be contagious.

Everton was pretty pooh as well in all honesty, even through fore mentioned visual apparel  ;) .

I'd forgotten about Everton away, must have blocked it out!
I didn't go to Spurs but was under the impression that the performance that day was down to Spurs being so good rather than us being rank bad?
On Tuesday Man City were good in spells but we were awful until McClean and Robson Kanu came on.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #257 on: May 18, 2017, 09:26:37 AM »
Not been to a single away match this season for the first time in over twenty years  :o

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #258 on: May 18, 2017, 12:54:10 PM »
I'd forgotten about Everton away, must have blocked it out!
I didn't go to Spurs but was under the impression that the performance that day was down to Spurs being so good rather than us being rank bad?
On Tuesday Man City were good in spells but we were awful until McClean and Robson Kanu came on.

Spurs did play well that day but believe me, we really were rank bad thus making their performance seem all the better.

No shots on target and only three attempts during the whole game.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.