Poll

What is your position for next season?

Renew as usual - regardless
Review the situation at the end of the season
Purchase a new season ticket (not had one this season)
Will not renew - regardless
Will not be buying one (have not had one this season either)
Other

Author Topic: Season Tickets/Membership 2017 - 2018  (Read 174459 times)

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Season Tickets/Membership 2017 - 2018
« Reply #475 on: July 13, 2017, 05:06:17 PM »
Hear, hear that man it's ludicrous to be sitting a narrow gangways width away from an away supporter with exactly the same view who has only paid 30 quid for the ticket you will have been required to stump up 39 quid for, talk about taking the pee!

I agree with you as a fan, but I'd be amazed if any club in the league charges home fans less than £30 for it's higher category games.

If you are a season ticket holder you will pay less than £30 a game, so you will be paying less than away fans even for the Cat A games.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #476 on: July 13, 2017, 06:37:39 PM »
I agree with you as a fan, but I'd be amazed if any club in the league charges home fans less than £30 for it's higher category games.

If you are a season ticket holder you will pay less than £30 a game, so you will be paying less than away fans even for the Cat A games.
30 quid for the home supporter in the same stand as the 30 quid away supporter would be perfectly fine with me and just for clarity I am now an old fart and as such quite happy with my season ticket cost for the Smethwick
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

Astle1968

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #477 on: July 14, 2017, 08:57:01 AM »
I see the club has increased the price from £5 to £20. Although not a huge increase I just don't see the need for them to do this. All this does it make it more expensive for fans to buy tickets.

I've had season tickets previously but have used the membership for the last 4/5 years. I can't imagine we have that many members but even if its as many as 10000 the club are still only making £150k from this increase which will barely show on the accounts. Do the club really need to squeeze the fans for this money?

I think the club do some good to the fans and I don't want this to be a moan at the club for the sake of it for a relatively small issue but it just seems someone has sat there and thought how can we get a bit more money out o the fanbase. Ultimately they are not selling you anything or giving you anything extra from last year even with your £5 off a ticket you're still £10 down.

The most frustrating part is with the membership in recent years it's become almost obsolete anyway with our ticket process. Games live Everton an Unites away I wanted tickets for but couldn't get any because the club decided to take tiny allocations. Games where we take full allocations I can get for anyway so unless we make a Wembley semi or final I can't really see many games where the membership will actually benefit you?

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #478 on: July 14, 2017, 10:08:25 AM »
When I first read about the new membership prices I assumed the £5 off tickets was for every match ticket which would have been a great deal but then realised its just one £5 voucher for adults. I understand the club wanting to do something to put away fans off being able to get tickets in the home end ala Chelsea last season but realistically this price increase won't make a blind bit of difference in that respect.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #479 on: July 14, 2017, 10:41:49 AM »
When I first read about the new membership prices I assumed the £5 off tickets was for every match ticket which would have been a great deal but then realised its just one £5 voucher for adults. I understand the club wanting to do something to put away fans off being able to get tickets in the home end ala Chelsea last season but realistically this price increase won't make a blind bit of difference in that respect.

I'd made that assumption about the £5 voucher too.

I said in an earlier post that maybe the club are just putting us on the same level as the clubs that some fans feel we should aspire to be like such as Everton, Southampton and West Ham. I'd much prefer that they get us to that level consistently on the playing field before hiking the price of things like membership but I can understand possibly why they did it from a business sense.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #480 on: July 14, 2017, 11:07:07 AM »
I'd made that assumption about the £5 voucher too.

I said in an earlier post that maybe the club are just putting us on the same level as the clubs that some fans feel we should aspire to be like such as Everton, Southampton and West Ham. I'd much prefer that they get us to that level consistently on the playing field before hiking the price of things like membership but I can understand possibly why they did it from a business sense.

Whichever way I look at it, I think the new adult membership fees represent a worse deal for supporters than previously.

Given the general mood currently permeating message boards such as this, as well as being a poorer deal it's not very good PR. While those who post on here are only a tiny proportion of the support base, there are many more who read this site and will most likely be nodding at many of the points raised herein.

They will also read the main site and see statements describing the 10% drop in category A games, and realise this is being tempered by increases elsewhere, one example being membership costs. Again, uncreative accounting.

Further to this, similar to Junior Season tickets, the Junior Baggie membership is only for the Halfords so those wishing take part in said scheme may feel excluded if they traditionally sit with family and/or friends elsewhere.

"T’s& C’s: *Tickets must be purchased in the Family area in the west stand and be accompanied by a full paying adult on a ratio of 1:1".

Collectively, and I am only speaking for myself, these 'deals' allied to the fanfare surrounding the early bird discount (whoop whoop) are absolutely ******g ***t and take the ***s (subconsciously self edits before pressing the post button  ;D  ;) )
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 11:11:03 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #481 on: July 14, 2017, 11:15:10 PM »
I persuaded a friend, a keen Albion supporter, to become a member last season even though he is no longer able to attend matches for health reasons. There is no chance he will cough up £20 just for the 'privilege'

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #482 on: July 15, 2017, 06:47:01 AM »
Whichever way I look at it, I think the new adult membership fees represent a worse deal for supporters than previously.

As far as I can see, the only extra "benefit" is that £5 voucher, which is simply a feeble sweetener to try and hide the fact they have tripled the price effectively. All the perks they list (such as 5% off in the club shop) were already benefits of being a member when it was only a fiver. It's not just the fact they have tripled the price, it's the fact they are trying to pass it off as a great deal that really irks me.

I know some people might say it's not that much money in the first place, but that's not the point. The club have really let themselves down here for the sake of small change at the end of the day.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #483 on: July 15, 2017, 07:01:26 AM »
As far as I can see, the only extra "benefit" is that £5 voucher, which is simply a feeble sweetener to try and hide the fact they have tripled the price effectively. All the perks they list (such as 5% off in the club shop) were already benefits of being a member when it was only a fiver. It's not just the fact they have tripled the price, it's the fact they are trying to pass it off as a great deal that really irks me.

I know some people might say it's not that much money in the first place, but that's not the point. The club have really let themselves down here for the sake of small change at the end of the day.

No arguments from me chap, I am in complete agreement with you.

Was going to buy a membership for the wife this season as she's had to relinquish her season ticket.

Even asked about transferring her loyalty points in the hopeful/unlikely event of a trip to Wembley.

She'll be able to make a few games this season, but I'll probably wait for tickets to go on general sale as I can't really see them selling out too many times anyway.

I'm sure the club'll survive without her membership fee.

It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #484 on: July 15, 2017, 07:03:38 AM »
No arguments from me chap, I am in complete agreement with you.

Was going to buy a membership for the wife this season as she's had to relinquish her season ticket.

Even asked about transferring her loyalty points in the hopeful/unlikely event of a trip to Wembley.

She'll be able to make a few games this season, but I'll probably wait for tickets to go on general sale as I can't really see them selling out too many times anyway.

I'm sure the club'll survive without her membership fee.

Absolutely. I liked having a membership, £5 was good value to have priority over general sale. With the small away allocations we kept requesting it was useful on some occasions. For someone who doesn't live local and works half the weekends it was a good option. They've shot themselves in the foot over this. I'll just get my Dad who's a STH to get my tickets for me.

Cleobury_WBA

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #485 on: July 15, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »
My son is 12. As i understand it, he will need an adult membership as the junior membership only applies to 11 and under. So he can have a junior match day ticket but needs an adult membership, how does that work?

Effectively £40 for both of us to renew membership. No thanks. I will wait until general sale.

The £5 voucher is a joke for what is a triple price increase effectively for the same benefits. The categorisation of games is also a joke. Save £4 off Cat A games but we will also increase some Cat B games by £5. Do they really think we are that stupid??

What happened to all the talk of filling the ground? Utterly ridiculous.

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #486 on: July 17, 2017, 08:22:28 AM »
Has anyone received their new season ticket yet?

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #487 on: July 17, 2017, 08:31:06 AM »

Club are finishing up getting them ready.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #488 on: July 17, 2017, 08:49:58 AM »

Nope. Apparently we've printed 16,000 with Darren Fletcher on hence the delay. Now being reprinted
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #489 on: July 17, 2017, 12:09:43 PM »
Cheers, was wondering as when I spoke to the ticket office they said they'd be sending them out in early July.

Must have been thrown by the increased demand

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #490 on: July 17, 2017, 03:40:46 PM »
Cheers, was wondering as when I spoke to the ticket office they said they'd be sending them out in early July.

Must have been thrown by the increased demand

I haven't been following the Season ticket numbers this season. Do you know how many more have sold this season compared to this time last year?

AlterAlbion91

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #491 on: July 17, 2017, 04:17:50 PM »
I haven't been following the Season ticket numbers this season. Do you know how many more have sold this season compared to this time last year?

Over 17K as of 11th July.

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #492 on: July 17, 2017, 04:34:14 PM »
Over 17K as of 11th July.
Is that up on last seasons season tickets?
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #493 on: July 17, 2017, 06:43:44 PM »

Was only a sarcastic comment but imagine last year was around 16-17k.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 06:52:40 PM by TheBrom »

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #494 on: July 17, 2017, 08:11:17 PM »
Was only a sarcastic comment but imagine last year was around 16-17k.

I doubt that HST's have increased noticeably. I've moved seats & a) I didn't have a problem finding two suitable replacement seats & b) my old seats are still for sale.
As far as I can see,there are still the same huge holes as there were last season.

If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

adamw1109

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #495 on: July 17, 2017, 08:53:20 PM »

Guy at work said when he purchased his 3 weeks ago, they told him they were planning to send them all out at the same time the end of this week.

AlterAlbion91

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #496 on: July 18, 2017, 12:58:43 PM »
I doubt that HST's have increased noticeably. I've moved seats & a) I didn't have a problem finding two suitable replacement seats & b) my old seats are still for sale.
As far as I can see,there are still the same huge holes as there were last season.

Front of the brummie is the worst. Loads of people sat around there didn't renew at the end of 2015/16 season. Looked awful on telly last season. Hopefully some of them return

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #497 on: July 18, 2017, 07:42:59 PM »
7272 seats remaining at the moment.

BRE: 3023
Halfords: 869
East Stand: 3093
SME: 287

Given the capacity is 26,850 with around 3,000 for the away end, roughly around 16,500 sold so far.

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #498 on: July 18, 2017, 07:56:22 PM »
It will be interesting to see some figures on membership sales now that the price has shot up

TheBrom

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #499 on: July 18, 2017, 08:12:38 PM »
It will be interesting to see some figures on membership sales now that the price has shot up

To be fair the club can sell 3 times less than last year and still make the same amount.

Would be interesting to see which parts of the season they are purchased. You'd imagine if fans of other clubs were buying them we'd see peaks before their games.