Author Topic: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ  (Read 278994 times)

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

Re: THE ALBION ASSEMBLY - PLEASE READ
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 10:25:38 AM »
I already follow a few that have been selected on twitter, all good people from different backgrounds that just love the club. If the club do genuinely listen to their concerns and do something about it then it can only be a good thing.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 10:30:02 AM »
I just hope the club are ready to hear things they might not want to.
I only go for the beer.

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 04:24:27 PM »
I have been selected, and to confirm i dont know anyone in the club other then the people who sit next to me and my family. Looking forward to giving my opinions. First thing i need to tell them is they have made me 6 years older on the website!    :o

It should be a great platform for the group to help shape a few things albion, cant wait.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 04:54:51 PM »
I have been selected, and to confirm i dont know anyone in the club other then the people who sit next to me and my family. Looking forward to giving my opinions. First thing i need to tell them is they have made me 6 years older on the website!    :o

It should be a great platform for the group to help shape a few things albion, cant wait.

Great stuff. Hopefully you can bring us some feedback after the first meeting.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 06:33:41 PM »
I just hope the club are ready to hear things they might not want to.

They might 'listen' but will they take it on board?

Time will tell.

Have they said much about whether you can share info once it gets going or have they signed you all to a confidentiality agreement?   ;D

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 07:20:19 PM »
Great stuff. Hopefully you can bring us some feedback after the first meeting.

As long as I can I 100% will!

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2015, 07:21:25 PM »
They might 'listen' but will they take it on board?

Time will tell.

Have they said much about whether you can share info once it gets going or have they signed you all to a confidentiality agreement?   ;D

Nothing yet, I've just been told the details of the first meeting and that's it until then. Hopefully some good things will come out of it all.

spencer Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2015, 08:26:36 PM »
Perhaps we could do something on the forum where we can note issues we'd like discussed on the assembly? Hopefully members of the assembly could then take them forwards to future meetings.

E.g. - the bloody awful PA system!
Winning is the ability to go from one defeat to another with no loss of enthusiasm - Churchill.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2015, 08:29:01 PM »
If the people on here who have been appointed are okay with it then I don't see any reason why this thread cannot be used for that.

Possible issues/ points that people would like discussed at meeting can listed by one of us in the first post of the thread etc.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2015, 08:47:57 PM »
Well done to those selected.

Look forward to hearing how things go
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2015, 08:58:03 PM »
Proper navy blue and white stripes with white shorts and socks for a starter with promises of no more daft experiments please
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
Oh and sort out the ticketing issues/methods too for non standard, ie cup, matches!
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

kc56wba

• WBA Coach

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2015, 09:05:01 PM »
Those selected are going to be there all night with all the issues you lot are throwing at them.
IT'S MORE THAN A CLUB, IT'S OUR CULTURE

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2015, 09:41:20 PM »
Proper navy blue and white stripes with white shorts and socks for a starter with promises of no more daft experiments please

Seconded. Yellow and green stripes away kit too.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2015, 09:56:40 PM »

Seconded. Yellow and green stripes away kit too.

I think we should have it as a permanent third kit and change our away kit each season.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2015, 10:23:39 PM »
Sted,
Pies, don't forget the pies  :D  :D

A Vital revenue stream is being neglected, typical of a club with no Ambishun
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 07:53:21 AM »
First meeting last night wasn't it?

Anyone care to share how it went?

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 10:38:51 AM »
Did they talk about the pies??
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 12:32:45 PM »
Haven't looked at it myself yet but the link below is a video of The inaugural meet and greet of the Albion Assembly.

https://twitter.com/WBAFCofficial/status/563067687614812160?cn=cmVjb3NfbmV0d29ya19kaWdlc3RfYWN0aXZl
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

Morany

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 12:36:55 PM »
More details here:

IT was the start of a new era at the inaugural meeting of The Albion Assembly.Thirty nine supporters gathered at The Hawthorns for last night’s get-together in the West Stand.

The first meeting of its kind - with a near-full attendance - was a general meet-and-greet session.

A general constitution was thrashed out. It was decided Assembly meetings will be called five times a year, with the next one to be held on Wednesday March 25.

Among the subjects raised for initial discussion were the forthcoming Fan Zone, ticketing issues, the ethnic mix among supporters and club staff, as well as the lack of outlets selling Albion News matchday magazines.

Also raised were concerns about the public address system at The Hawthorns, how the atmosphere can be improved before home games and further debate about the price and quality of food/drink at the stadium.

There was praise from the floor for Albion's ticket arrangements for the forthcoming derby against Villa - not least in the light of recent criticism of the sale of Blues tickets - a motion to provide Assembly 'suggestion' kiosks at The Hawthorns and a call to move, and illuminate, the Throstle, currently located in the Woodman Corner.

Plans were also put in place to include a further representative from the Disabled branch of the Supporters Club, as well as the Junior Baggies and, in the future, potential overseas' representation.

Director of Communications Martin Swain, who was sworn in as the Chair of the Assembly, said: "We had a fantastic initial response from supporters who lodged their interest in joining The Albion Assembly and we were certainly enthused by the quality of debate and ideas at last night’s meeting.

"It was wonderful and heartening to see such a great, near-full turn out for the inaugural meeting.

“It was very clear that there is a huge demand and passion among the Assembly members, on behalf of all supporters, to improve varying aspects of their football club.

"We can't promise immediate change, but we hope that last night's meeting and next month's first proper get-together will provide the foundations for a gradual improvement.

"It was also obvious from last night's gathering that there is, not only a thirst for change, but a strong desire to help build a more proactive and dynamic relationship between the Club and its fanbase.

"I'm confident ALL supporters will see the benefits of the Assembly during the coming months."

The meeting was concluded with the appointment of committee members.

Hannah Weaver and David Cox were appointed as joint Vice Chairs.

Dan Watts will look after The Albion Assembly's social media, assisted by Josh Bland - with a Twitter page to be set up in the coming period.

The club's Head of Media & Content Chris Lepkowski will be the Assembly's membership secretary, with the club's media staff to provide minutes from future meetings. Those minutes will be published on the club's official website.

Read more at http://www.wba.co.uk/news/article/albion-assembly-west-bromwich-throstles-supporters-2249398.aspx#ZgU0vwuSrh5oRr48.99

Seems to be a good range of topics and a lot of the stuff that gets posted about on here has been raised. Including the food issues  ;D
It's Yow Rondon-don, it's yow Rondon!

KnaveofAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2015, 12:37:50 PM »
I think we should have it as a permanent third kit and change our away kit each season.

Good idea, do a limited run so the few who want it can buy it and the away is variations on red/black.

Problem with yellow/green is a section see it as iconic, but its hideous, so doesn't sell well.
Whenever things look bad, remember the Port Vale, Grimsby and Walsall days... not so bad now, eh?!

Formally Solo_Baggie, now one ID for all Baggie internet input

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: February 05, 2015, 01:03:35 PM »
great news that the pies were discussed,

Seriously though, I am being thick (again) I know, but what is "the forthcoming Fan Zone"
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #47 on: February 05, 2015, 01:12:18 PM »
great news that the pies were discussed,

Seriously though, I am being thick (again) I know, but what is "the forthcoming Fan Zone"

Is that an Interview with Tom Ross on Free Radio??  :D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

RowleyBaggie2

• WBA Manager

« Reply #48 on: February 05, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
I do wonder if any of those selected expected to be formally debating transfers, tactics and team selection.

They'll be disappointed when they are locked in a freezing cold Richardson Suite talking about ways to stop people wetting in the Brummie sinks!
I only go for the beer.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #49 on: February 05, 2015, 01:47:58 PM »
I do wonder if any of those selected expected to be formally debating transfers, tactics and team selection.

They'll be disappointed when they are locked in a freezing cold Richardson Suite talking about ways to stop people wetting in the Brummie sinks!

That ones easy, take the sinks out as no body these days wash their hands after a pee etc.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部