Author Topic: Matej Vydra signs on loan  (Read 90331 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Matej Vydra signs on loan
« Reply #225 on: August 13, 2013, 09:24:52 AM »
I'm glad that we have brought him in. I had one or two doubts about Lukaku this time last year whether he would be a good signing for us, and it prove doubt that he was fantastic. players like Lukaku are very hard to come by but Vydra had a very good season with Watford and hopefully he can make an impact with somewhere in the region of eight to ten goals.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

miggybaggy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #226 on: August 13, 2013, 09:30:42 AM »
There are times when you watch a striker and think " I wish he played for us!", and IMO Vydra is just such a player. Being a striker is all about confidence, as well as pace and ability.....this boy has it all. He's a NATURAL finisher, he makes goal scoring look painfully easy! Long, Lukaku and Odemwingie are all guilty of becoming too tentative for a split second, Long and Odemwingie have missed far too many chances IMO. I hope JP and the management throw caution to the wind to secure Vydra, he's gifted, very very fast, and has the right slight air of arrogance. He scores goals for fun, and its goals that matter most of all. When you consider the outrageous valuations of modern players such as Bale (good, I know) it makes the current valuation of Vydra and his potential seem tame. Come on JP, push the boat out!

wbarenno

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #227 on: August 13, 2013, 09:37:38 AM »
1 million pound loan fee according to the express and star.valued at 8 million,if he does well for us his value will fly up.

DeathDefying Grace

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #228 on: August 13, 2013, 09:38:59 AM »
Happy with Vydra. Only 21 and looked very good in the Championship last year so hopefully it translates to the PL.

Can anyone explain to me why we keep loaning players? Like loaning them out (greening, robinson) and loaning in before buying? what's the benefit to doing this?

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #229 on: August 13, 2013, 09:49:57 AM »
How long is his contract at Udinese?
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #230 on: August 13, 2013, 09:53:03 AM »
Happy with Vydra. Only 21 and looked very good in the Championship last year so hopefully it translates to the PL.

Can anyone explain to me why we keep loaning players? Like loaning them out (greening, robinson) and loaning in before buying? what's the benefit to doing this?

Try before you buy and having the money spent in different financial years to balance the books if we buy them.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #231 on: August 13, 2013, 10:01:09 AM »
Welcome to the club Matej! Quite excited by this signing. Maybe now sign one or two midfielders and we should be sorted.

pattayabaggie

« Reply #232 on: August 13, 2013, 10:05:01 AM »
His club no less than two weeks ago stated those figures and if its ok with you I will stick to those numbers over your guess he'll be worth less.

I don't know how else to explain this to you: their current valuation is £10m+ as stated in the press when we first enquired about the loan. We have managed to secure a loan for him through the good work of the scouting and back room staff, yet you brand it 'pathetic' we didn't get a loan to permanent deal. Now I'm not the cleverest guy but don't you think their valuation from two weeks ago will be the same or extremely similar to their valuation now? So we HAVEN'T secured a loan to permanent as we simply will not agree a price before the loan - Udinese value him at 10m now so they will want that as the post loan fee. As you keep saying Vydra holds the cards after the end of the season but them surely if you think he will command a smaller fee then than now why are you annoyed we haven't agreed a higher fee now.
The Express & Star claim: Sources in the Czech Republic claim the deal has cost Albion a loan fee of more than £1m but does not include an option to buy Vydra, with Udinese valuing him at around £8m
Now tell me my fellow Albion fans, Is that a lot of money for someone who could potentially be worth a lot more if he bagged 12-15 goals this season? take a step back and look at the bigger picture! if this happens then we'll be right back to square one again looking for two strikers next summer
« Last Edit: August 13, 2013, 11:33:32 AM by LiamTheBaggie »

Greenock Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #233 on: August 13, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
Welcome to WBA Matej, hopefully you'll be a great addition to the club and us fans can see just how good a player you are.

You'll love it here as we think the world of our players, especially ones who put in hard work and score goals. You give to us, and we'll make you want to stay on for longer.

Cant wait to see WHAT YOU'VE GOT !!  .............. ON THE PITCH OF COURSE  8)
He's a lad from the Wrenna

Hornet1

« Reply #234 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:08 AM »
Hello baggies fans, I'm a Watford fan and I just wanted to wish you the best for the new season, and in Vydra you have got a top quality striker,  he is exceptionally quick, has a quality finish and is not afraid to track back. During his hot spell last year, he really was untouchable his chance to goal conversion rate was practically 100%. Admittedly he did go off the boil later in the season but this was but down to tiredness as he had only played 3 games in the season before. If he doesn't get at least 15 goals for you next season I will be amazed. Oh and by the way keep your hands of Deeney, just in case your fishing for another striker.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #235 on: August 13, 2013, 10:09:43 AM »
Have to confess i dont know a great deal about Vydra, i saw a few Watford games and 2 of them he was brilliant and obviously his goalscoring record is very impressive.

However a bloke who works for me is a Watford season ticket holder and i asked him about him the weekend and he is said he is pure class! He said he is a brilliant player and stood out a mile in the championship, the downside is that after Xmas he just seemed to lose interest a bit and went off the boil, he said he wasnt sure if that was an attitude thing or just as he was a young lad he lost form. Apparently general opinion is if he plays anything like he can then he will play for a top club at some stage he has the potential to be that good so fingers crossed!

Had a quick look on Twitter and the general opinion on there also appears to be we have made a great signing, thats not just Albion fans but fans from other clubs who seem quite surprised we have got him!

*Side Note - somebody tweeted we only need 2 x midfielders and we will be fine, the WBA official thing tweeted back something along the lines of 'Be patient' And 'Wait and See' hopefully thats a good sign but could mean nothing!

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #236 on: August 13, 2013, 10:14:31 AM »
The only drawback I can see with this signing is that we haven't built into the loan deal an option to buy. If £8m is the correct figure of his valuation then that will be 'cheap as chips' if he performs as well next season as he did last.

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #237 on: August 13, 2013, 10:33:14 AM »
Some will be underwhelmed by this after the possibility of signing Kalou, but I have a hunch that Vydra will be good for us. He is a good finisher with an air of confidence/swagger about him, but he is also unselfish and has excellent awareness and passing skills. Add to that a determined work ethic and Albion fans should warm to him when they see him play.

Now just 2 quality wide players and a defensive midfielder still needed!

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #238 on: August 13, 2013, 10:35:47 AM »
Hello baggies fans, I'm a Watford fan and I just wanted to wish you the best for the new season, and in Vydra you have got a top quality striker,  he is exceptionally quick, has a quality finish and is not afraid to track back. During his hot spell last year, he really was untouchable his chance to goal conversion rate was practically 100%. Admittedly he did go off the boil later in the season but this was but down to tiredness as he had only played 3 games in the season before. If he doesn't get at least 15 goals for you next season I will be amazed. Oh and by the way keep your hands of Deeney, just in case your fishing for another striker.

Doesnt he come from our parts :) Anyway thanks for your wishes and lets hope Vydra gets game time.We look forward to seeing if hes got what it takes for the premier league.

Welcome Matej
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

WorcsWBA

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #239 on: August 13, 2013, 10:40:33 AM »
The only drawback I can see with this signing is that we haven't built into the loan deal an option to buy. If £8m is the correct figure of his valuation then that will be 'cheap as chips' if he performs as well next season as he did last.
Indeed, it's up to our scouting system to make this kind of call. Either we're being typically risk averse or perhaps £8m isn't the asking price (if there is one).

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #240 on: August 13, 2013, 11:12:33 AM »
Watched him a few times last season and earlier on he was outstanding.  He is quick, skilful, good touch, excellent finishing but what I thought was most impressive about him is his off the ball movement.

One thing I will say though is I hope we don't play him out wide because to me that will be a waste.  To me he his ideal role is dropping deep so I expect him to be competing for a place with Anelka.

Rosenberg or Long with Anelka or Vydra.   Not bad.

don1thedon

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #241 on: August 13, 2013, 11:14:08 AM »

Welcome to the Baggies Matej, stick a few away for us!

sturb74

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #242 on: August 13, 2013, 11:22:33 AM »
Looks a good signing to me, quick uses both feet well, all the people moaning about no replacement for RL or PO maybe he is a replacement for MAF, who has never got anywhere near 20 goals in a season in the past 10 seasons, also would anyone of complained if we had signed Tom Ince who is being chased by several clubs? Yet MV was voted champ player of the season last year above Ince.
.....Alcohol may be man's worst enemy, but the bible says love your enemy

Pie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #243 on: August 13, 2013, 11:24:41 AM »
I have wanted vydra since the end of the season, i reckon he will be a great fit for us as he can play across the front 3, and imagine him and long together, their pace would ruin defences

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #244 on: August 13, 2013, 11:28:10 AM »
The Express & Star claim: Sources in the Czech Republic claim the deal has cost Albion a loan fee of more than £1m but does not include an option to buy Vydra, with Udinese valuing him at around £8m
Now tell me my fellow blinkered Albion fans, Is that a lot of money for someone who could potentially be worth a lot more if he bagged 12-15 goals this season? take a step back and look at the bigger picture! if this happens then we'll be right back to square one again looking for two strikers next summer

Maybe Udinese didn't want a fee included? You could maybe do with some facts before ripping into everyone at the club.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #245 on: August 13, 2013, 11:32:11 AM »
Happy to have brought him in as he is without doubt a very good footballer who will supplement the squad nicely. He brings to the squad several ingredients which are missing and hopefully he can live up to his potential. If Udinese are asking for £8million then I'm afraid that is out of our price range and there is still the chance that figure could rise handsomely if Vydra was to have a successful season with us.

Another gripe of mine is not so much Vydra but the current transfer policy. It is all too short term for my liking meaning we'll have exactly the same problem next season when Vydra departs. We appear to be masking the problems rather than actually solving them which I don't think is necessarily the way to go.

Still, welcome to the Albion Matej Vydra.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

Lib

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #246 on: August 13, 2013, 11:45:40 AM »
Hope he plays against us tomorrow so I (we) can see what he's got.
Pulis are very intelligent and fairly easy to train if you are consistent and kind in your methods. Training should begin right away. Well-trained Pulis excel in agility and obedience.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #247 on: August 13, 2013, 11:46:47 AM »
Happy to have brought him in as he is without doubt a very good footballer who will supplement the squad nicely. He brings to the squad several ingredients which are missing and hopefully he can live up to his potential. If Udinese are asking for £8million then I'm afraid that is out of our price range and there is still the chance that figure could rise handsomely if Vydra was to have a successful season with us.

Another gripe of mine is not so much Vydra but the current transfer policy. It is all too short term for my liking meaning we'll have exactly the same problem next season when Vydra departs. We appear to be masking the problems rather than actually solving them which I don't think is necessarily the way to go.

Still, welcome to the Albion Matej Vydra.

What stops us from going this way with loans every season? If it works I don't see an issue. It could be the 'thinking outside the box' Peace mentioned.

Not aimed at you but I get the feeling some people pride themselves on been able to say this player is ours look how much we paid for him. i couldn't care less about that if the player delivers then we can get someone to replace them next season if they don't sign. Not too dissimilar with how footballers think about loyalty towards clubs...

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #248 on: August 13, 2013, 12:01:27 PM »
Hope he plays against us tomorrow so I (we) can see what he's got.

By the way will Zoltan feature?
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #249 on: August 13, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
Now tell me my fellow Albion fans, Is that a lot of money for someone who could potentially be worth a lot more if he bagged 12-15 goals this season? take a step back and look at the bigger picture! if this happens then we'll be right back to square one again looking for two strikers next summer

You're a broken record pal.

You're talking as if he is dead certain to get 12-15 goals. You claim some of us are blinkered but can't see any opinion that doesn't fit your own.

£8m for a player with NO premier league experience, no guarantee of scoring the number of goals you're suggesting and no guarantee he will replicate anything he did in the league below in our league and you're annoyed we haven't paid £8m for him? And we are blinkered?

We simply won't pay that for anyone as things stand and I'm glad we aren't willing to throw £8m at a promising yet unproven player. We got a 15+ goal player last season for free, we may have one again this season but by God paying £8m for someone who has only played in the Championship and isn't deemed good enough to keep at a Serie A side is madness. He does well, great a few seasons with 15 goals and its £8m well spent. He plays badly and I think there'd be lynch mobs outside the ground.

This kinda player on a loan is low risk, but certainly not low ambition. Who says in 12 months time with a good season behind us we can't attract better than Vydra? You seem to think your predictions are gospel, when they're simply not. Judge the decision not to buy for £8m next Summer, not before he kicks a ball.