West Brom Dot Com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Craig Dawson
« Last post by timdon on Yesterday at 11:25:12 PM »

1. Yes he's clearly a better centre back than a full back.

2. He will be easily good enough for the Championship at centre back, he should be a back-up full back even at Championship level.

No I'm not particularly bothered about how players act off the pitch as long as they don't bring the club into disrepute.
Cheers for the reply - pretty much agree with you on all three points. Hope we manage to keep him.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Safe Standing.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Yesterday at 10:27:59 PM »
Mmm. A rather selective interpretation of the statistics by you methinks.
Premier League clubs have been told that a clear majority of fans want the option of being able to stand during a game but only one in 20 wants to stand for the entire match.
The majority want the option of being able to stand and sit during a match.

Not interpreted anything. The Premier League put out a statement yesterday saying only 5% of fans wanted to stand for 90 minutes. Rail seating is locked in place when used for standing.
« Last post by Baggie-Dave on Yesterday at 10:24:26 PM »
Premier League are adamant only 5% of fans want this.
Mmm. A rather selective interpretation of the statistics by you methinks.
Premier League clubs have been told that a clear majority of fans want the option of being able to stand during a game but only one in 20 wants to stand for the entire match.
The majority want the option of being able to stand and sit during a match.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Yesterday at 10:06:49 PM »
Dawson didn't replace GMac for two reasons
1 Gmac was awesome during those 3 seasons
2 Pulis likes his full backs to be tall, and we had no tall right back of the necessary standard and height, and Dawson ticked the right boxes, so Pulis asked him to convert to full back. Gmac would have been a godawful full back, so no real alternative.
You always struggle to give Dawson credit and you are very quick to be critical of him. Your opinion but would be interested to know your opinion of
1 Do you agree, from what you have seen, that he is better at centre back than at full back?
2 Do you think he would be above average in either position in the Championship?

Suppose I'm just curious to see how badly you actually rate him, and does he get any brownie points from you for his professionalism, commitment and consistency?

1. Yes he's clearly a better centre back than a full back.

2. He will be easily good enough for the Championship at centre back, he should be a back-up full back even at Championship level.

No I'm not particularly bothered about how players act off the pitch as long as they don't bring the club into disrepute.
« Last post by TheJacko2000 on Yesterday at 10:02:47 PM »
Premier League are adamant only 5% of fans want this. Isn't happening any time soon imo.
« Last post by Baggie-Dave on Yesterday at 09:47:04 PM »
Next Match Forum - 21/04 Liverpool (H) / Re: Pre Match Chat
« Last post by AlbionFan on Yesterday at 06:29:36 PM »
;D I have noticed more posts for this match compared to 3 only for Yanited game??? Maybe spirits are up a bit??

Think we will "nick it" 2-1,they will be playing a weakened team before the Euro game. :D

Hope springs eternal!
« Last post by timdon on Yesterday at 06:25:04 PM »

Definitely not. Tarkowski is a proper centre back. Dawson a back up one.

If Dawson wasn't overrated by our fans he'd have displaced a 35 36 and 37 year old GMac in the 3 seasons prior to this. This year he's behind Hegazi in the pecking order. Sorry he's just not THAT good. In addition his mobility and forward play as a fullback is borderline laughable.
Dawson didn't replace GMac for two reasons
1 Gmac was awesome during those 3 seasons
2 Pulis likes his full backs to be tall, and we had no tall right back of the necessary standard and height, and Dawson ticked the right boxes, so Pulis asked him to convert to full back. Gmac would have been a godawful full back, so no real alternative.
You always struggle to give Dawson credit and you are very quick to be critical of him. Your opinion but would be interested to know your opinion of
1 Do you agree, from what you have seen, that he is better at centre back than at full back?
2 Do you think he would be above average in either position in the Championship?

Suppose I'm just curious to see how badly you actually rate him, and does he get any brownie points from you for his professionalism, commitment and consistency?
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: So was our last decade a success?
« Last post by AlbionFan on Yesterday at 06:03:50 PM »
Compared to preceding decades (80’s, 90’s), I would say, undoubtedly, YES!
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: The Kids next season
« Last post by AlbionFan on Yesterday at 05:54:06 PM »
On this issue, I believe we are in the hands of the new Head Coach, to all intense and purposes.

I consider most of our fan base, me included, like homegrown talent, they relate to us and we relate to them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10