« Last post by iwastherein68 on Yesterday at 10:55:32 PM »
Referee: Jonathan Moss
Assistant: Adrian Holmes
Assistant: Andy Halliday
Fourth official: Lee Mason
Oh bloody hell not that *****
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Salomon Rondon
« Last post by saml30 on Yesterday at 10:50:00 PM »
Don’t think anyone can argue he looks a different player under Pardew (one thing AP has done at least). His form since Pulis went has improved drastically, actually looks more of a goal threat
General Football & Sports / Re: OFFICIAL CHAMPIONSHIP THREAD
« Last post by caravanc58 on Yesterday at 10:04:18 PM »
that dingle leads starting to shrink, is the bottle job about to repeat itself.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: Alan Pardew
« Last post by hardtobeat on Yesterday at 10:01:17 PM »
One of the most popular chants nowadays is "xxxx is one of own, he's one of our own...." fans love youth development, we want to see kids develop into successful players, Dan Ashworth presided over that and also was also head of the team that got in players like Mulumbu, high energy and combative again what the fans want to see.
DA was headhunted by the FA for a national role which he has held now for 5? years, clearly he is a talented and respected person, add to that 'he's one of our own... and it seems pretty clear why most baggies hold in high esteem.  You old cynic  ;D
And how many of our youngsters have made an impact in the Premier league ??
« Last post by caravanc58 on Yesterday at 09:59:50 PM »
Give it a rest man he's gone.
are you sure? his name pops up a lot for someone who isn't here anymore.
« Last post by SmethDan on Yesterday at 09:48:55 PM »
Yeah, cause he always told the truth.  :-X

Give it a rest man he's gone.
« Last post by Chipperfan on Yesterday at 09:44:52 PM »
Weak Mangement by Pardew not going to help his case to keep his job

If, and like I said, being Sky it’s a big “if”, if this turns out to be true, then Pardew appears so weak then he has to go.

However from what I’ve seen I like the bloke, so I have to hope it’s untrue.
West Bromwich Albion FC / Re: I ain't giving up!
« Last post by GREGMT on Yesterday at 09:28:48 PM »
Apparently we're at the same position after 27 games as 2004/05 (7pts adrift and bottom).  So I dug out the Great Escape DVD earlier and watched it. 

There were some things that came to mind:
1) Hoult made many mistakes (I think he developed a back problem hampering his movement) so we're lucky to have Foster who is better.
2) We made horrendous mistakes at the back (Moore past it / Purse woeful).  So I think we're better served in Defence with Dawson/Gibbs/Evans/Hegazi.
3) The Midfield from Feb 2005 onwards was infinitely better than what we have now.  Gera was just outstanding, Greening very influential, Wallwork hitting form, Richardson brilliant for 3 months.  We are nowhere near right now and that's depressing.
4) We had a natural goalscorer in 2004/05 (Earnshaw) and 2 dependable workhorses (Horsfield/Campbell).  Again unless Sturridge hits his straps we are weaker in this department.

The really telling thing for me is the midfield of 2004/05.

Anyhow we can stay up but only if we beat Huddersfield and nothing less!
« Last post by FallOutBoy on Yesterday at 09:15:42 PM »
The following extract from the article linked below contests your suggestion regarding Krychowiak, remembered it from the time.

Yeah, cause he always told the truth.  :-X
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10