Author Topic: Darren Moore  (Read 843885 times)

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Darren Moore
« Reply #350 on: May 08, 2018, 07:50:04 PM »
Brilliant achievement delighted for the big man. I’d give him the job but I’d want the club to support him with an experienced first team coach and a strong director of football who can provide the support and structure he will need to succeed next season.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #351 on: May 08, 2018, 08:07:04 PM »
How very typical of the man

Darren Moore Shares Premier League Manager Of The Month Prize With Over 100 Staff

Source: http://www.sportbible.com/football/news-reactions-darren-moore-shares-pl-manager-of-the-month-prize-with-over-100-staff-20180508
He is a genuinely lovely man he really is. As a human being people really should look at him and use him as a role model. Arguably the nicest most down to earth and genuine man you'll ever come across.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #352 on: May 08, 2018, 08:28:18 PM »
No don't give him the job. There is a world of difference between his current role and the one he'd  be expected to carry out next season. Fans are more than happy to concede possession for a result against Man U and Spurs but do that at home to Norwich and Brentford will soon bring the knives out. We have to evolve as a club and this is the perfect opportunity. This is a massive appointment that will determine the next five years or so. We must look at the bigger picture.

He is doing what he needs to do to get results now. I don't think the tactics of this season shed any light on the tactics he would impose next season if he got the job full time.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2018, 08:30:59 PM »
He is doing what he needs to do to get results now. I don't think the tactics of this season shed any light on the tactics he would impose next season if he got the job full time.

Spot on. He's adapted to every game tactically. Anyone who wants to go toe to toe with United Liverpool and Spurs is either naive or stupid.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2018, 08:37:02 PM »

Spot on. He's adapted to every game tactically. Anyone who wants to go toe to toe with United Liverpool and Spurs is either naive or stupid.

His substitutions and in game management has been excellent as well. He's really shown a knack for tactical awareness. I really think we are witnessing the birth of an excellent man manager with excellent tactical awareness. It is a bigger risk to let him go than it is to give him the job.

17GD

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2018, 08:39:36 PM »
It’s a real shame the colour of his skin has been mentioned regarding why he hasn’t been given the job.

Some people will cling onto anything to try to raise this issue. Never mind the fact he has been put in charge now, that doesn't count does it...

The racism card is a real bug bear of mine. Maybe because I've been on the receiving end of racism from PoC so much.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2018, 08:46:08 PM »
If Dave becomes our manager it proves once more that our club is in the vanguard.
He will get it on merit not his colour,that's it.

HampshireBaggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2018, 08:48:28 PM »
I've not seen or heard nor have i myself even once considered his colour.

johnwilliamso20

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2018, 09:14:57 PM »

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2018, 09:41:20 PM »
now that we're officially headed to the Championship I'm 100% behind giving this to job to DM.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #360 on: May 08, 2018, 11:03:19 PM »
now that we're officially headed to the Championship I'm 100% behind giving this to job to DM.

GIVE HIM THE JOB.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #361 on: May 08, 2018, 11:14:19 PM »

Precisely the qualities you need for the Chumps.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #362 on: May 09, 2018, 05:21:19 AM »

In the Championship this is the least of our worries, both will be far above average in their respective positions.

I feel your one of theses people underestimating just how hard the championship is these days, it’s a different monster since we were last here, for me neither of them will be good enough
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

swad35

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #363 on: May 09, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »
His substitutions and in game management has been excellent as well. He's really shown a knack for tactical awareness. I really think we are witnessing the birth of an excellent man manager with excellent tactical awareness. It is a bigger risk to let him go than it is to give him the job.

Couldn't agree more, not a reason to take him solely but imagine he might get a few offers at the end of the season. Wouldn't want to face him in the championship. I find myself checking myself that I'm not getting too carried away with him as our manager but I think he will be a success. My only question mark is in the transfer market, with his lack of experience but I'm sure he will have others to help. To be honest after recent efforts he might be a breathe of fresh air there to.

Albion79

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #364 on: May 09, 2018, 10:47:46 AM »
My only doubt with Big Dave getting the job is not even down to his ability.

What concerns me is how much player power there seems to be, yes some are backing Big Dave which is great, but i also think its quite disgraceful that they seemed to down tools under Pulis and Pardew (both who wasnt blameless) but then as its a manager they now like they seem to be trying again.

This wasnt one or two players who stopped under Pulis and Pardew, that happens at most clubs, it seemed it was a lot of the squad, what happens if things go sour for a bit under Moore (and they will, it happens at all clubs) do these players then just down tools again til they get another manager they play for.

This is where the tough bit will be for Big Dave, he probably has to take into account how some of these players performed and their mentality under Pulis and Pardew and get rid of them, he saw it for himself.

It may even be some of those who have supported him but i think there seems to be too much player power and i think they need to be got rid of, even if it means making some unpopular decisions.

For all the efforts the last few weeks (and they have done brilliant) it cannot disguise that for 7 and half months of the season the players have been rubbish and on various occasions not even seemed to try, yet on paper we looked to have a strong squad and they have shown the last month that actually they can actually play a bit and can be a decent side, however the fact remains for majority of the season they werent at it and we are now relegated.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #365 on: May 09, 2018, 11:03:53 AM »
I did wonder how bad Morrison and Chadli's injuries have been and was the prolonged sick bay anything to do with attitude?

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #366 on: May 09, 2018, 11:15:09 AM »
6 games undefeated when we are as good as down doesn't swing it for me. The players who couldn't give a toss all season are playing for a move.
Next week most of them will be saying, See ya Big Dave.
Is Darren Moore the man to rebuild the team?
Let's not let our love of Darren Moore cloud our judgement.
Tony Barton, Brian Little, Brian Talbot, all did well initially as stand in's.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #367 on: May 09, 2018, 11:33:35 AM »
It's interesting that apparently only our players are playing for a move and not those at Stoke or Swansea.

For me Darren has to get the job, he seems to me to embody everything we have been lacking this season. Commitment, professionalism, passion and pride in the club. Take some time to read what people who know him have been saying about his coaching credentials. He started down this road when he was still a player, he hasn't just ended up in this position accidentally and equally accidentally made a success of it. He knows what he is doing and he has known that this is what he wanted for many years.

I think people are making assumptions about his ability based on the fact he is a "nice guy", however I definitely think he has got some inner steel. He certainly wasn't a "nice guy" on the pitch in his playing days I remember him as giving the opposition no quarter. I have no doubt that as a coach he would be able to bring a whinging prima donna down a peg or two if need be.

That Darren's success has happened with us is a happy coincidence for both parties and we should be making the most of this opportunity in my view.
Astle is the King

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #368 on: May 09, 2018, 12:21:34 PM »
I feel your one of theses people underestimating just how hard the championship is these days, it’s a different monster since we were last here, for me neither of them will be good enough

Going off topic but it's the opposite you are overestimating our task. The Championship is bilge.

Nyom for example is a better right full back than Doherty who has just won the league.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Backofthenet

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #369 on: May 09, 2018, 12:21:45 PM »
In this day and age people tend to rise to the top because they have some grit and determination as well as having to sort a few people out en route.
I would think that Darren has come across a few in his rise to where he is that he has had to 'overcome'.
The fact that he is where he is now proves to me that he is capable of sorting out players with over inflated ego's. After all he has side lined Evans for the last period of time which was something Pardew failed to do. I believe he will be a complete breath of fresh air and the best solution all round would be to give him the job permanently before Sundays game and then all the rumours and conjecture will be over with and Darren can get on with what he obviously does best - Manage our club.

The longer this goes on the more it becomes a soap opera and we don't need another of those.

Jack Thrust

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #370 on: May 09, 2018, 12:53:13 PM »
As further evidence of Darren's "inner steel" I present this extract from In Pastures Green by Chris Lepcowski where Sir Bob Taylor recounts an encounter between Moore and Clinton Morrison before THAT game in 2002.

“For some reason, Clinton Morrison wanted to humiliate us,” said Taylor. “He’d come out with some rubbish during the week and the manager stuck the clippings on the board. Mooro put Morrison in his place before the game. He was heading off to Japan and Korea with Ireland for the World Cup and Mooro just went over, glared at him and said: ‘Do you want to go to the World Cup or not?’ Mooro didn’t need to say any more. He just glared and that was it. Morrison barely touched the ball."
Astle is the King

tylerm

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #371 on: May 09, 2018, 01:09:47 PM »
My heart would love Darren Moore to get the job and he has done a fantastic job for the last few games.
However, he has done well by reverting to the style played by Pulis, which to a certain extent worked against the top clubs, ie limited possession and make the most of set pieces. I want us to progress from that, we will need to in the championship, and have majority of possession and be dangerous in open play. Can Darren change the style to that and buy the players to make it happen. Not sure.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #372 on: May 09, 2018, 01:45:23 PM »
We should be relegated much earlier, it's Moore to keep our dream alive for few more weeks.
No matter he get the job permanently or not, he really deserves big credit and I want to say a big thank you to him.   
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 01:47:08 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #373 on: May 09, 2018, 01:59:54 PM »
Darren Moore should be offered the position.

The evidence is there to support his abilities. Just like the evidence was there last season to show us that Pulis was on the beach and had no intention of moving forward, or the evidence after our first two fortunate wins at the start of the season that he had gone past his sell by date, or the evidence that Pardew was not up to the task with his appalling results and leadership, Darren has stepped up to the mark and delivered. When he was first appointed all we wanted was to have a modicum of pride restored. He has more than delivered that.

I think he should be offered the position for the start of next season. If it looks as though we are not going in the right direction then we consider a restructure, but I think that he has more than earned the chance to manage the team, assuming he wants it of course.

Whichever way this goes, I would like to thank Darren for what he has done so far - magnificent.   
MAGA!

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #374 on: May 09, 2018, 04:42:31 PM »

Going off topic but it's the opposite you are overestimating our task. The Championship is bilge.

Nyom for example is a better right full back than Doherty who has just won the league.

Got to agree to an extent, take Neves, Jota, Boly and Cavaleiro out of that Wolves squad (who are exceptional players at Championship standard) and there isn't a single player that would get in our current starting XI. The likes of Ruddy, Doherty, Bennett, Batth, Douglas, Coady etc. are absolute dross at PL level but they get away with it because they have a handful of players that are far too good for the Championship. The issue we have, is that our players who are far too good for the Championship (Chadli, Rondon, Evans etc.) won't be sticking around. The likes of Nyom and McClean are fine if you have a few Chadli's or Jota's in your team, but there's every chance that we won't have those sort of players next season.