15 (21.4%)
Top half (6th-12th)
1 (1.4%)
Bottom half (13th-21st)
0 (0%)
Relegation
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Author Topic: Final League Position?  (Read 14136 times)

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

Re: Final League Position?
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2020, 03:31:44 PM »
I'm confident we'll turn our form around. If we bring in the one or two players Slav is after then I fancy us to finish 1st.

If we don't bring anyone in then I think we'll finish either 2nd or 3rd.

Fourth will be our worst case scenario, but I don't think that will happen.

9 wins, 5 draws, 4 losses from the last 18 should be enough IMO.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2020, 07:33:27 PM »
2nd keep the faith.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2020, 08:41:40 PM »
Win the league. Confident. No idea why so many are panicking.

I agree with you again.

I’m still confident we will be promoted. Despite our recent run of poor form
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
Think Fulham are our only real threat for the title. Will stick with us going up as Champions. It's a poor league.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

hunsletbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2020, 08:00:50 AM »
Think Fulham are our only real threat for the title. Will stick with us going up as Champions. It's a poor league.
Leeds will **** the league now even when they were on their bad run they were still dominating teams unlike us and their win Tuesday night coming back from 2 nil down is like a double boost.
Think we will just scrape the play-offs
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:31:34 AM by Hull Baggie »

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2020, 08:04:16 AM »
Leeds will **** the league now even when they were on their bad run they were still dominating teams unlike us and their win Tuesday night coming back from 2 nil down is like a double boost.

We'll see. They down tools in March. Well maybe that's a bit harsh, they run out of steam badly though.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:31:01 AM by Hull Baggie »

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #31 on: January 31, 2020, 08:27:03 AM »
I wish I had the confidence of some on here. They wouldn’t have thrown the lead away this quickly if they’d been bribed.

Leeds will go on and win it now. The entire top 6 are a threat to us at the moment. Hopefully we do some good business today. Probably need to let some out too.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: January 31, 2020, 08:30:13 AM »

Leeds have collected 2 more points than us since 14/12 when we last won in the league. During our and their bad runs we have pretty much done the same. They may have dominated teams but their results were pretty much the same as ours.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #33 on: January 31, 2020, 08:39:58 AM »
I wish I had the confidence of some on here. They wouldn’t have thrown the lead away this quickly if they’d been bribed.

Leeds will go on and win it now. The entire top 6 are a threat to us at the moment. Hopefully we do some good business today. Probably need to let some out too.

Surely the entire top 6 are also a threat to Leeds as well though?

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2020, 08:48:21 AM »
I don't get all this knicker wetting over Leeds. If they go on and win then so be it, but for all of their possession they had against us they only had two shots on target compared to our 6, and we had to score for them. Like us, if they don't solve that then they could be in trouble. Our problem is Forest if the Gayle deal comes off, or the 'starting to become consistent' Fulham, or BMW Brentford
We have scored a lot of goals this season and we have Grady and Periera to come back, as well as the new guys. For me the icing on the cake today would be pacey forward who doesn't give the goalkeeper any time at all.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2020, 08:52:51 AM by skyclad99 »
MAGA!

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2020, 08:51:53 AM »

WHY??? Why did you say this?

Your predictions always fail, we're doomed!!!  :P

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2020, 08:56:16 AM »
SSN at Newcastle and said this morning they are trying to get a striker done today and if they do Gayle can go on loan. Hopefuly they don't get that striker.

darbolina

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2020, 09:27:36 AM »
We will have ourselves to blame if we don't finish top two or even win the league. It's really there for the taking IF we sign the players we need today and Bilic can instill a greater desire in them to defend better.

I don't think I've seem the Championship so poor at the top. We should push the boat out big time today to try to capitalize on that.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2020, 09:44:03 AM »
Surely the entire top 6 are also a threat to Leeds as well though?

I think Leeds overcoming a 2-0 deficit on Tuesday, and having a five point gap will see them swing back in to good form. The fact they’ve been dominating teams and been a little unlucky in their results is also important. How you are losing does matter.

We on the other hand have got what we have deserved and I don’t think beating Luton at home will be the end of our trouble. Not with the form team (Millwall) away straight after.

Windmill Baggy

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2020, 11:29:45 AM »
I think Leeds overcoming a 2-0 deficit on Tuesday, and having a five point gap will see them swing back in to good form. The fact they’ve been dominating teams and been a little unlucky in their results is also important. How you are losing does matter.

We on the other hand have got what we have deserved and I don’t think beating Luton at home will be the end of our trouble. Not with the form team (Millwall) away straight after.

You could be right, but just to add a bit of balance....

Prior to playing Millwall Leeds lost 2-0 at home to a Sheffield Wednesday side who are in very poor form. They then were 2-0 down to Millwall at half-time.

Leeds might dominate teams, but they often struggle to create clear cut chances. Even when we are not playing well we have been creating chances. I also think Leeds were fortunate to come away with a draw against us, as they created very little and scored a flukey goal.

Leeds had also won only one in 7 prior to Millwall, a barely dissimilar run to our previous 7 matches.

We deserved at least a draw against Leeds and Brentford, largely dominated away to Charlton and even though we didn't play well against Stoke, an observer with no idea about the position of the respective teams wouldn't have said we deserved nothing from that game.

Also, Millwall may be the form team, but Stoke are also the 2nd or 3rd form team and Cardiff have been the form team at home all season, having only lost once in 14. Most of our games during this run haven't been as easy as the league table suggests they might have been.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #40 on: January 31, 2020, 12:22:31 PM »
You could be right, but just to add a bit of balance....

Prior to playing Millwall Leeds lost 2-0 at home to a Sheffield Wednesday side who are in very poor form. They then were 2-0 down to Millwall at half-time.

Leeds might dominate teams, but they often struggle to create clear cut chances. Even when we are not playing well we have been creating chances. I also think Leeds were fortunate to come away with a draw against us, as they created very little and scored a flukey goal.

Leeds had also won only one in 7 prior to Millwall, a barely dissimilar run to our previous 7 matches.

We deserved at least a draw against Leeds and Brentford, largely dominated away to Charlton and even though we didn't play well against Stoke, an observer with no idea about the position of the respective teams wouldn't have said we deserved nothing from that game.

Also, Millwall may be the form team, but Stoke are also the 2nd or 3rd form team and Cardiff have been the form team at home all season, having only lost once in 14. Most of our games during this run haven't been as easy as the league table suggests they might have been.
As horrible as the Cardiff result was, we were by far the better side and it took a wonder save to stop Zohores shot, we could and should have taken all 3 points there.
Stoke we were the better side but we got Pulised
Charlton, I would say a draw was a fair result
Leeds was a game of 2 halves, could have taken a point
Brentford, I cannot comment as I missed it

All in all, cut out the errors and a bit of luck in front of goal and we would be in a similar postion to that which Liverpool are in.
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2020, 12:58:09 AM »
If the manager learns to utilize barry and brunt better and isn't afraid to drop the likes of Livermore sawyers Phillip's when playing badly we can still win the league.

Some shrewd signings. Gorlicki the pick of the bunch
O Albion we love you

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2020, 12:19:09 PM »
Our season will end depending on cutting stupid mistakes out at the back and finding a way of converting the chances at the other end. The midfield is not the problem.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2020, 07:14:41 PM »
Our season will end depending on cutting stupid mistakes out at the back and finding a way of converting the chances at the other end. The midfield is not the problem.
If we did a poll to pick which position needs a fix, I would have thought goalkeeper would have been in the top 2....but we were not in for one nor do we ever look like we are going to drop Johnstone
My gut feeling is we will go up in 2nd....I can’t see us winning the league with butterfingers in goal
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2020, 11:49:52 PM »
I'm going for champions.
If we win at Millwall we will be almost back onto 2 points per match.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
Champions, never a doubt (cough)
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2020, 01:08:18 PM »

Do you still believe this?

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #47 on: February 02, 2020, 01:11:00 PM »
Do you still believe this?

Of course he does, he likes Leeds, more than some of us like the Albion!! {Tongue emoji} still can't do these by the way.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #48 on: February 02, 2020, 01:14:50 PM »

Of course he does, he likes Leeds, more than some of us like the Albion!! {Tongue emoji} still can't do these by the way.
And some love the cheating scousers more..😛
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #49 on: February 02, 2020, 10:39:38 PM »
 ;D We should be 1st,with what we have and pre Xmas form. But this is Albion who I have supported for 56 years and had many ups and downs so we will have to make do with 2nd. ;D ;D ;D ;D