Author Topic: 23 Nov 2018 Ipswich Town 1 Albion 2  (Read 33978 times)

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

Re: After Match Debate
« Reply #200 on: November 23, 2018, 11:39:27 PM »
One day DB you might say something positive about us....
As I have said said before....I am a hard task master.

baggies_24

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #201 on: November 23, 2018, 11:52:01 PM »
Just got back from the game, though JRod got the first goal the 2 chances he missed were inexcusable wanted far too much time when he should have hit the thing, had they fallen to Gayle both would have been in the back of the net. Livermore, Phillips, Hegazi all had very good games as did Tosin hopefully he puts the mistake behind him quickly.

Overall a solid away performance bar letting them back in it, they shouldn’t have been allowed to have a sniff they’re a garbage team but it wouldn’t be the Albion if we did it the easy way. That free kick at the end looked in the moment it left his foot thank god it went wide.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Ticket Info & Requests
« Reply #202 on: November 24, 2018, 12:15:18 AM »
Have to say that I was surprised to see how many baggies were there, definitely more than 1000. Well done all
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #203 on: November 24, 2018, 03:10:23 AM »
Cant sleep so watching the match as I had recorded it, watched game on my Sky Go but just in the background when I was out.

J-Rod has just scored and the whole play from the back to the front was superb.

Dawson has been outstanding so far for me

Id still have Gayle in over HRK but he deserved his chance after the Leeds game

thought it was a great goal though
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #204 on: November 24, 2018, 06:41:49 AM »
I'd rather not have clean sheets if it meant we had Middlesbrough's manager!

Let's just keep scoring more than the opposition, that'll do me.

Thank you Albion, thank you Darren Moore.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #205 on: November 24, 2018, 06:54:21 AM »
Good away performance, good team performance we looked quite comfortable.
JRod has hit 100, sure he'll be saying to himself that he should have hit 101 & 102 last night, as it happened it didn't cost us.
They didn't cause us too many problems yet we all new they would score at some time, need a few clean sheets to give the defenders a bit of confidence. Tosin had a good game but made a simple mistake again in the end it didn't cost us.
Mozza was never at the races and the game seemed to pass him by, thought he would have got hooked sooner than he did.

Into second place before the Saturday games. Happy with that.
Just wondered why we hadn't got Burke or Sako on the bench when Moore had said they were all fit with the exception of Bartley
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #206 on: November 24, 2018, 07:42:18 AM »
The clean sheets will come if we carry on with more of the same, we look way more solid. Johnstone has barely had a shot to save in two games.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #207 on: November 24, 2018, 09:03:02 AM »
That's for 1978 you b@st@rds  :-*

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #208 on: November 24, 2018, 01:24:32 PM »
My Ipswich mate summed it up in 3 words “men versus boys “
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #209 on: November 24, 2018, 06:03:30 PM »
A good 1st half and not so good 2nd half. Thought the ref was an absolute clown. Should of had a penalty and a few more of their players into the book for cynical fouls. Spoke to an Ipswich fan on the train home and he said the only reason they had 22,000 odd there was because of the tickets being a tenner. thought their support was very poor.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #210 on: November 25, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
A good 1st half and not so good 2nd half. Thought the ref was an absolute clown. Should of had a penalty and a few more of their players into the book for cynical fouls. Spoke to an Ipswich fan on the train home and he said the only reason they had 22,000 odd there was because of the tickets being a tenner. thought their support was very poor.

I read last week that there was also some sort of initiative where tickets were given for this game to people who couldn't usually afford to go.

elmo_in_swansea

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #211 on: November 25, 2018, 08:36:44 AM »
wasn't there some kind of black Friday deal for tickets
Orihuela CF
@elmo_in_swansea on twitter

BaggieBoy04

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #212 on: November 25, 2018, 12:31:56 PM »
13 shots 3 on target If we had made it 3-0 or 4-0 then when they when they scored we wouldn't have timewasted or panicked. But because we had only scored 2 we panicked. Just stick in the corner. But a win is a win although our discipline is awful. Yellow cards galore. Livermore close to being banned again
Albion Pride Of The Black Country

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2018, 06:16:08 PM »
Just watched highlights and its like watching a completly different team than under Pulis.
The movement off the ball is excellent, dragging opposition all over the pitch, making runs through from deep. Under Pulis it was just lumping long balls up to an isolated No.9. No wonder we are creating chances for fun.  Whether that is Graeme Jones I don't know, but I certainly know which football I prefer watching. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #214 on: November 26, 2018, 08:33:07 AM »
13 shots 3 on target If we had made it 3-0 or 4-0 then when they when they scored we wouldn't have timewasted or panicked. But because we had only scored 2 we panicked. Just stick in the corner. But a win is a win although our discipline is awful. Yellow cards galore. Livermore close to being banned again

I don't think he is, the 2nd booking he got at Wigan was his 5th yellow of the season but it also meant a red card so it was a one match ban either way.
Since returning from his ban he has 1 yellow (against Leeds). I assume that having served the ban his slate was clean again otherwise the Leeds booking would have been counted as his 5th and resulted in a 1 match ban and he couldn't have played at Ipswich.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #215 on: November 26, 2018, 10:56:49 AM »
I don't think he is, the 2nd booking he got at Wigan was his 5th yellow of the season but it also meant a red card so it was a one match ban either way.
Since returning from his ban he has 1 yellow (against Leeds). I assume that having served the ban his slate was clean again otherwise the Leeds booking would have been counted as his 5th and resulted in a 1 match ban and he couldn't have played at Ipswich.

If you work through the FA Discipline/Suspension site linked below......

(Click onto 'One Caution Away', type in 'West Bromwich Albion' and click onto 'Championship')

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

...... it shows that both Livermore and Dawson are one booking away from suspension.

We play Swansea this Wednesday (28th) and the booking amnesty kicks in on November 30th.

Keep their noses clean and they're fine, if not and they pick up yellow cards then both miss Brentford at home.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 10:58:26 AM by SmethDan »
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #216 on: November 26, 2018, 11:39:30 AM »
If you work through the FA Discipline/Suspension site linked below......

(Click onto 'One Caution Away', type in 'West Bromwich Albion' and click onto 'Championship')

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

...... it shows that both Livermore and Dawson are one booking away from suspension.

We play Swansea this Wednesday (28th) and the booking amnesty kicks in on November 30th.

Keep their noses clean and they're fine, if not and they pick up yellow cards then both miss Brentford at home.

Thanks for that Dan.

I am a little puzzled though as Livermore was supposedly booked against Stoke,Bristol city, Sheff Wednesday, Wigan (2) and Leeds which is either 5 or 6 (depending on whether the second booking counts as a yellow and also a red or is just a red)  so he should have served a 1 match ban against Ipswich.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/36849/Fixtures/Jake-Livermore

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48833

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #217 on: November 26, 2018, 11:59:14 AM »
Thanks for that Dan.

I am a little puzzled though as Livermore was supposedly booked against Stoke,Bristol city, Sheff Wednesday, Wigan (2) and Leeds which is either 5 or 6 (depending on whether the second booking counts as a yellow and also a red or is just a red)  so he should have served a 1 match ban against Ipswich.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/36849/Fixtures/Jake-Livermore

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=48833

You and me both chap re the confusion. Only thing I can think of would be that perhaps an automatic suspension for a sending off may not be included into the totting up process for yellows (even though he got two). Withdraw the two yellows v Wigan and he's on four bookings, hence one more prior to November 30th and out again.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.