Author Topic: Seals watch - Anything Villa  (Read 2243585 times)

Webby

• Senior Baggie

Re: Seals watch - Anything Villa
« Reply #8950 on: September 30, 2020, 10:41:46 AM »
With the squad assembled they SHOULD be 10-14th fairly comfortably. But we can all pray
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8951 on: September 30, 2020, 12:16:51 PM »
With the squad assembled they SHOULD be 10-14th fairly comfortably. But we can all pray
they SHOULD have been mid table last season. We SHOULD have stayed up when we had players like Krychowiak and Sturridge. Good teams and good players can easily be relegated by failures elsewhere.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8952 on: September 30, 2020, 12:24:31 PM »
they SHOULD have been mid table last season. We SHOULD have stayed up when we had players like Krychowiak and Sturridge. Good teams and good players can easily be relegated by failures elsewhere.

They're not going down. Last season was massive for them and as usual when they needed the breaks they got them. When do they not?

This season they look much better equipped. They'll be comfortable mid table.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8953 on: September 30, 2020, 12:52:57 PM »
They're not going down. Last season was massive for them and as usual when they needed the breaks they got them. When do they not?

This season they look much better equipped. They'll be comfortable mid table.
theyve also faced Fulham and Sheffield, both of whom look completely out of their depth despite themselves only playing weaker teams so far. We’ll see what they do when they come up to an actually competent team and from what I’ve seen of Villa so far, I’m not impressed.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8954 on: September 30, 2020, 01:14:48 PM »
I've never know a luckier team.

FFP? Goal-line technology? No problem, the rules don't seem to apply to them. They're like a pooh Man United.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8955 on: September 30, 2020, 01:20:53 PM »
Actually think they are better than Wolves this season  the sale of Jota and Doherty  has weakened them badly imo
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

Westie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8956 on: September 30, 2020, 07:22:55 PM »
Unfortunately, I think that Ross Barkley will be a good signing for the Vile; he is the archetypal thick footballer but quite good a t his profession.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8957 on: September 30, 2020, 08:45:37 PM »
Barkley is a good signing for them. But they still dont have a particularly good cb mings best of a bad bunch. Their left back makes Townsend look like vintage maldini. Watkins still hasnt shown he can do it at top level. They will still be in and around the bottom.
O Albion we love you

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8958 on: October 01, 2020, 12:46:03 PM »
Barkley is a good signing for them. But they still dont have a particularly good cb mings best of a bad bunch. Their left back makes Townsend look like vintage maldini. Watkins still hasnt shown he can do it at top level. They will still be in and around the bottom.

I like your style... but wishful thinking in my view. They will be mid table I reckon.

Hull Baggie

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8959 on: October 01, 2020, 01:12:12 PM »

He's played 2 games for them, now if he still hasn't scored by Christmas you may have a point.

Sadly I have to agree with KN22 that they will be mid table.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Baggie-Dave

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #8960 on: October 04, 2020, 11:11:40 PM »
No comment on today’s result? Watkins hat trick, Klopp’s biggest defeat as a manager, and Liverpool’s worst defeat since 1963. Having emigrated to London 40 years ago my attitude to rival West Midlands clubs has somewhat mellowed and I can tolerate them doing well. Watkin’s hat trick may not help our negotiations with Huddersfield over the Grant transfer as it was suggested that the fee Villa paid for Watkins was the reason Huddersfield upped the fee for Grant.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #8961 on: October 04, 2020, 11:29:05 PM »
Have they spent enough to buy the title? ALA Chelski or Chity who have done in the past?

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8962 on: October 05, 2020, 08:59:33 AM »
I genuinely think only Pereira or Diangana would get into Villa's starting eleven yesterday instead of Trezeguet. They are better than us in every single other position. Quite a chastening thought.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8963 on: October 05, 2020, 09:03:58 AM »
I genuinely think only Pereira or Diangana would get into Villa's starting eleven yesterday instead of Trezeguet. They are better than us in every single other position. Quite a chastening thought.

Not surprising though really when they have spent £250m in the space of a year and a few months.

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8964 on: October 05, 2020, 09:08:01 AM »
I've never know a luckier team.

FFP? Goal-line technology? No problem, the rules don't seem to apply to them. They're like a **** Man United.

Massive result for them, but again the luck was with them. Half their goals were massive deflections.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8965 on: October 05, 2020, 09:16:09 AM »
Not surprising though really when they have spent £250m in the space of a year and a few months.

Absolutely. Villa's owners have ploughed over £100m of their own money into the club. Our owners have no appetite to do so. We just can't compete unfortunately. 
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

Fritzl Palace

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8966 on: October 05, 2020, 09:39:43 AM »
Absolutely. Villa's owners have ploughed over £100m of their own money into the club. Our owners have no appetite to do so. We just can't compete unfortunately.

Precisely that, sadly. We are in a league where we cannot compete.

Modern football. It's not for me.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8967 on: October 05, 2020, 10:21:18 AM »
Precisely that, sadly. We are in a league where we cannot compete.

Modern football. It's not for me.

Same here. If only we could turn the clocks back but we cant.

Dealing with the here and now the gap between the Premier League and the Championship is growing ridiculously and the gap to the next tier is obscene. Liverpool put out their kids at Lincoln and put seven past them. There used to be such a thing as cup shocks.

We are only going to fall further and further behind Villa and Wolves. Our only hope is we too get bought out by a mega wealthy owner prepared to invest.

If that doesnt happen the gap is going to get so big we may never compete with them again. That's what hurts so much.

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #8968 on: October 05, 2020, 10:44:16 AM »
Still a cunch of bunts, SOTV.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #8969 on: October 24, 2020, 10:46:11 AM »
The vilers could have gone top of the Premier League for the first time since October 2001 had they won last night.

But did anyone else hear that loud !!POP!! over Aston at about 10:00 PM last night?  ;D
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8970 on: November 01, 2020, 06:51:20 PM »
I note with interest that the darlings that are the Premier League are awarding The Vile Fergie time now. Extra seven minutes today to give them a shout.

I just love the Prem, it's such a balanced and non-biased playing field.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

Adamstv

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #8971 on: November 01, 2020, 10:52:49 PM »
I note with interest that the darlings that are the Premier League are awarding The Vile Fergie time now. Extra seven minutes today to give them a shout.

I just love the Prem, it's such a balanced and non-biased playing field.

And gammonface says it should have been 12 😂😂😂

gavinrussell

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #8972 on: November 08, 2020, 09:22:23 PM »
3 nil winners at Arsenal tonight..😟

Aztech

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8973 on: November 08, 2020, 09:38:18 PM »
3 nil winners at Arsenal tonight..😟

Indeed, do you think Dean Smith has suddenly become a top premier league manager given their improvement this season or is it he has a club behind him that has an ambition to succeed.

I know what I think.
It is not the taking part, but the winning that counts.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #8974 on: November 08, 2020, 10:20:44 PM »
Indeed, do you think Dean Smith has suddenly become a top premier league manager given their improvement this season or is it he has a club behind him that has an ambition to succeed.

I know what I think.

Hes been backed very well. Imagine what our results would be like if we had spent what they had on a decent keeper and if we had brought the striker in a month earlier...
O Albion we love you