Author Topic: Simon Cox  (Read 15774 times)

batesy123

Re: Simon Cox
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2011, 10:19:05 AM »
Keep him, definitely.  Roy will have to be tough with him, tell him to keep learning, come off the bench, start when he gets a chance and do his job.  Scharner has commented on his fitness/physique, but he'll need proper supervision not to overdo the body building.  He's a footballer, not a prop forward.
He needs to do what dorrans did, bulk up but keep the athleticism

bigt

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2011, 10:50:07 AM »
Said it before and will say it again.....he's a natural born goalscorer, play him up front and watch the goals fly in!
I Totally agree!

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
Fantastic for coxy. Well chuffed for him. Just got to keep it up and keep improving
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2011, 11:25:50 PM »
Scored again for Ireland!

Only against a small team called... ITALY!! :D
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Cunningham

« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2011, 11:30:46 PM »
I see people are saying keep Cox, presumably on the back of his international performances as much as anything else. That can be dangerous, a lot of international football is actually a step down from domestic top leagues, maybe Cox is just more comfortable at that level? There are a lot of strikers that score goals in international football aren't capable in domestic top leagues.

Rich99

« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2011, 11:43:55 PM »
Scored again for Ireland!

Only against a small team called... ITALY!! :D

Let's be honest/not get too carried away, it was a totally meaningless friendly.

The fact the the Republic put their youth/reserve side out and still beat Italy 0-2 says it all.

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 11:57:46 PM by Rich99 »

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2011, 11:59:46 PM »
He is the kind of player you are desperate to see do well, and i'm very happy for him. I don't think he is good enough at premiership level though, and shouldn't be starting for us if we want to push on.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #32 on: June 08, 2011, 06:20:13 AM »
I think Foxy Coxy will this season show every one if he's a prem striker in the mould of skp or not, my fingers are x he shows us he is.

bobcracker

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2011, 09:48:17 AM »
Perfectly fine as a squad player. If we play 4-4-2 he'll be third or fourth choice and if just Pete up top then he'll be good competition the for Dorrans/Morrison role.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #34 on: June 08, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »
Brilliant for Coxy I think....friendlies may be meaningless in England but they are not in Italy. The AZZURRI expect to win at all costs..

Think its great he is finding his feet...my personal belief is that he will become a good Premier League striker...I can see it in him.

The New Kevin Phillips for me
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57:25 AM »
Well done Coxy hopefully he will score many more goals for Ireland, im looking forward to see how he gets on next season.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

shrewsbaggie

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #36 on: June 08, 2011, 11:21:27 AM »
Give the lad some credit, he's really knuckled down and worked hard at the albion, he could easily of sulked like many others have when they weren't getting a game, but instead he stuck it out and is now getting the rewards for his end of season performances. can only be good for us as his confidence will be sky high for next season.
baggies forever

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #37 on: June 08, 2011, 11:28:55 AM »
Just listened to his pitchside interview after last nights international and he came across as a player who is relishing his chance after working his nuts off to get in.

Im very impressed with him he thanks Hodgson for his chance to prove himself.

Thats 2 in 2 at international level now and thats good by any standard.

Looking forward to seeing him next season

Slowly becoming my favourite player down the Albion

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

B_H_Baggie

• WBA Manager

« Reply #38 on: June 08, 2011, 11:31:27 AM »
Can't help but be impressed by his attitude towards the second half of last season when he had options to move on but he chose to work hard to get in the side and really did take his chance when he got it. I'm glad he's got his chance on the international stage and taking that too as it could be just what he needs to kick on to that extra level for us.

elminius

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #39 on: June 08, 2011, 11:41:10 AM »
Just listened to his pitchside interview after last nights international and he came across as a player who is relishing his chance after working his nuts off to get in.

Im very impressed with him he thanks Hodgson for his chance to prove himself.

Thats 2 in 2 at international level now and thats good by any standard.

Looking forward to seeing him next season

Slowly becoming my favourite player down the Albion

Two in three unfortunately but not too bad! ;D

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #40 on: June 08, 2011, 11:43:22 AM »
I thought id put 3..oops :-[

2-3 is good by any standard

63Brummie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #41 on: June 08, 2011, 01:05:35 PM »
great finish with his left foot, hes played well
Didn't see the goal but he'll score about 10 next season given the chance. ;D
Simon Cox is arguabley our most improved player of last season and has developed a keen positional sense to go with his great work rate.
Your Football team is the best example of pure unconditional love...that's why I'm a BAGGIE TO THE BONE

brummyroader

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #42 on: June 08, 2011, 01:15:14 PM »
Really happy for the lad, playing for Ireland and scoring can only be good for us.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #43 on: June 08, 2011, 02:15:07 PM »
Two in three unfortunately but not too bad! ;D
Can I be the first to say it is 2 in four. Unless you are counting the hour against Macedonia and the half hour against Italy as one of course.  (Played against Northern Ireland, Scotland, Macedonia and Italy).
Anyway a certain welcome addition to the Irish squad. For the Baggies I see as a very useful squad player.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2011, 05:29:46 PM »
get your facts right 2 in 4, one against northern ireland his debut, played against scotland then macedonia [ scored but was ruled of side wrong decision ] then second goal against italy. lads played really well on international duty ;D ;D ;D

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #45 on: June 08, 2011, 06:10:16 PM »
The New Kevin Phillips for me

Completely agree. He is in the exact same mould and it was there to see from his first few albion goals in our championship season with him. I really think he will be a top class striker and im glad he's with us. Just got to keep up the progression
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

reiss

« Reply #46 on: June 08, 2011, 07:51:43 PM »
cox is a great work horse, he runs his Bo***cks off

Rich99

« Reply #47 on: June 08, 2011, 07:59:52 PM »
he'll score about 10 next season given the chance. ;D

Let's hope so, he will certainly need to improve on his 1 goal and 0 assists in 19 appearances we got from him this year.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 08:01:32 PM by Rich99 »

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #48 on: June 08, 2011, 08:27:39 PM »
Let's hope so, he will certainly need to improve on his 1 goal and 0 assists in 19 appearances we got from him this year.

19 appearances  ???

8 starts and 11 as sub - oh...I see what you did there  ;)
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #49 on: June 08, 2011, 08:33:44 PM »
Is that the old stats too suit my argument thing????