Author Topic: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)  (Read 177438 times)

Baggies

• WBA Manager

Re: Filip Krovinovic (season loan from Benfica)
« Reply #950 on: January 22, 2021, 11:41:46 PM »
Would be a big mistake to use Field to replace Krovinovic. Field is a completly different player, he's a defensive midfielder. I can't remember him ever providing an assist.

I suppose the key is that it is unlikely both Gallagher and Pereira will be out at the same time, but if they were then you have the option of Sawyers as well, or a more defensive midfield with Livermore, Field and whoever we eventually sign.
Boing Boing

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

Re: Filip Krovinovic leaves WBA (Loan Terminated)
« Reply #951 on: January 23, 2021, 06:24:28 AM »
Was a useful player and contributed towards our promotion. I like krovi and rate him more than sawyers and Livermore however club needs in decent dcm cf and possibly some defenders and he was an easy one to get off the books so I get it.

Thanks for your efforts Filip
O Albion we love you

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #952 on: January 23, 2021, 06:51:39 AM »
add to list of Valero, Gnabry et al who we failed to integrate properly

The two players you mention in that post went onto have very good careers and get some good plaudits etc that won't happen for Filip. He is to lightweight for the English game. Like his personality but not quite good enough I'm afraid.

Oldbury24

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #953 on: January 23, 2021, 10:18:17 AM »
The two players you mention in that post went onto have very good careers and get some good plaudits etc that won't happen for Filip. He is to lightweight for the English game. Like his personality but not quite good enough I'm afraid.

Unfortunately he is the prime example of our flawed  "he might be more suited to PL" delusion.   Liked him and could argue wasn't given enough opportunities by the man who insisted on his return.  Time up once BS arrived.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #954 on: January 23, 2021, 10:28:48 AM »
A really poor summer signing. It was scandalous to pursue the signing of a chap whose game time in the previous season was sporadic at best to the detriment of other areas within the squad. I’m just relieved we never spent any major monies on him.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #955 on: January 23, 2021, 11:11:02 AM »

Certainly the English game as played by Big Sam but BS's game is becoming outdated with referees being more stringent on foul tacking and VAR checking up on stuff they miss.
IMO Krovinovic was a good player who could turn on a sixpence to shake off markers to make space; keep the ball and give it to a fellow player - he was ahead of Sawrers for tackling (not difficult I agree).  He played well with Pereira.
 Not for us at this time but I wouldn't be surprised if he makes fools of BS and the management playing for Forest in the Championship
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

wodenson46

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #956 on: January 23, 2021, 01:26:10 PM »
One of our more intelligent player and the only player other than MP who could create from tight spaces to unpick packed defences.(jury out on Snodgrass so far) Better tackler than given credit for and clever movement not noticed as much as running about a lot. Plenty good enough and strong enough for us in the prem if other issues addressed properly. Shame he has gone.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #957 on: January 23, 2021, 01:59:27 PM »
One of our more intelligent player and the only player other than MP who could create from tight spaces to unpick packed defences.(jury out on Snodgrass so far) Better tackler than given credit for and clever movement not noticed as much as running about a lot. Plenty good enough and strong enough for us in the prem if other issues addressed properly. Shame he has gone.

That good that he’s dropped back down to the championship instead of the plethora of Prem clubs that went for him.

He was an ok player but not really good enough last season and certainly not good enough this season either.

Taking up a squad place and wage that could be better used elsewhere in the side
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #958 on: January 23, 2021, 02:42:02 PM »
Krov's story is similar to Bilic, could have been a success in the premiership if he was backed but instead had the rug pulled out from under him, so we will never know.

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #959 on: January 23, 2021, 05:06:10 PM »
May yet prove his doubters wrong at Forest...highly unlikely though! 😂

Good luck anyway Filip 👍🏻

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #960 on: January 25, 2021, 06:28:16 PM »
As (Sadly)expected we have to pay the full loan fee of £1.2m even though we cancelled halfway.

"They’ve got a contractual obligation to pay that £1.2m loan fee. Which for six months of football doesn’t look great. "

So if we've spent around 25-30k per week on his wages and 1.2m to loan him thats around £2m for a 3rd choice midfielder for about 90 minutes in total. Alternatively we've just paid his wages for a year and set him back early. 

The summers joint most baffling transfer with Ivanovich gets better and better.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-told-cant-escape-19697865
« Last Edit: January 25, 2021, 06:39:04 PM by gazberg »

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #961 on: January 25, 2021, 06:41:02 PM »
As (Sadly)expected we have to pay the full loan fee of £1.2m even though we cancelled halfway.

"They’ve got a contractual obligation to pay that £1.2m loan fee. Which for six months of football doesn’t look great. "

So if we spent around 25-30k per week on his wages and 1.2m to play him so around £2m for a 3rd choice midfielder  for about 90 minutes in total. Alternatively we've just paid his wages for a year and set him back early. 

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/west-brom-told-cant-escape-19697865

The summers joint most baffling transfer with Ivanovich gets better and better.
p

Should never have come back Gaz. Complete waste of money.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #962 on: January 25, 2021, 06:47:12 PM »
 :( if true, thanks Slav.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #963 on: January 25, 2021, 06:52:25 PM »
Total waste of money lads he knew we couldn't shift Sawyers. I just can't get my head round it.

Him and Ivanovich have cost us £4m for the season. Thats 2 good loans!

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #964 on: January 25, 2021, 06:54:11 PM »
I can’t imagine we would have sent him back if there was zero benefit and we simply lost an option. Not unless he’s been a huge problem at the club and nothing has suggested that.

Some compromise must have been reached with Forest picking up some of the liability we had.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #965 on: January 25, 2021, 07:34:32 PM »
I can’t imagine we would have sent him back if there was zero benefit and we simply lost an option. Not unless he’s been a huge problem at the club and nothing has suggested that.

Some compromise must have been reached with Forest picking up some of the liability we had.

I'd imagine they have took his wages on. So we paid 1.2m fee and his wages for half a season and then Forest will cover his wages for the 2nd hlf of the season. £2m spunked up the wall.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #966 on: January 25, 2021, 07:52:58 PM »
I’ve just read the story and the source is an ‘expert’ who there is nothing to suggest was privy to any contract or any negotiation in any way at all.

I don’t see how he is qualified to state what contractual obligations we have. As far as I can tell, the most he can say is we may have had unavoidable contractual obligations.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #967 on: January 25, 2021, 08:18:52 PM »
I’ve just read the story and the source is an ‘expert’ who there is nothing to suggest was privy to any contract or any negotiation in any way at all.

I don’t see how he is qualified to state what contractual obligations we have. As far as I can tell, the most he can say is we may have had unavoidable contractual obligations.

If we were to verify every single article posted on here the site would be virtually empty. Bit strange to pluck figures of 1.2m out the air. What do you think they woyuld have to go gain from discussing this deal inaccurately?

NJS

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #968 on: January 25, 2021, 08:30:10 PM »
Well he's gone now and everything in the garden's lovely and "expert" is to be believed uncritically.
Hales Owen born. 
Nothing is more fairly distributed than common sense: no one thinks he needs more of it than he already has. Rene Descartes

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #969 on: January 25, 2021, 08:58:04 PM »
If we were to verify every single article posted on here the site would be virtually empty. Bit strange to pluck figures of 1.2m out the air. What do you think they woyuld have to go gain from discussing this deal inaccurately?

Surely We should attempt to verify or at least provide some context or credibility to anything on here, good or bad. Especially when people are taking it as gospel.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #970 on: January 25, 2021, 09:00:17 PM »

In terms of what they gain... isn’t it obvious? The same Pay per click bull that’s prevalent in this age. 

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #971 on: January 25, 2021, 09:10:56 PM »
In terms of what they gain... isn’t it obvious? The same Pay per click bull that’s prevalent in this age.

Yep. I really MUST stop checking our newsnow.... fries my brain.

I think this story is utter fluff. Some of our 'costs' have been taken on by Forest and hopefully he will do well for them. Loved Krov but absolutely feel it was the right thing to do given where we are at.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #972 on: January 25, 2021, 09:45:48 PM »
Guys -I dont doubt Forest are paying his wages but who really stands to benefit from a pay per click story on Krovs loan fee.  No one aside from WBA fans will give a damn.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #973 on: January 25, 2021, 10:19:59 PM »
Guys -I dont doubt Forest are paying his wages but who really stands to benefit from a pay per click story on Krovs loan fee.  No one aside from WBA fans will give a damn.

You could say that for any story about us, yet they are in business and write a story about us on practically a daily basis.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #974 on: January 25, 2021, 10:22:25 PM »
You could say that for any story about us, yet they are in business and write a story about us on practically a daily basis.

Fair enough mate, i hope it was worth it for them if so