Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2349431 times)

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #900 on: July 01, 2015, 03:59:46 PM »
Frying pan or Fire anyone?  My thoughts are we are going with the Frying Pan option for another season.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #901 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:52 PM »
So what do we think this supposed statement is going to be? Personally I think he has sold up.

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #902 on: July 01, 2015, 04:12:49 PM »
Suggestion on another board that any announcement expected today would be early in the morning (2a.m) tomorrow as It is a national holiday today in Hong Kong.

Happy Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day everyone!!

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #903 on: July 01, 2015, 04:18:46 PM »
So what do we think this supposed statement is going to be? Personally I think he has sold up.

I definitely agree. The fact that things have been so quiet suggest to me that a deal has been close - and a sneeze might blow the pen off the table. If so, this transfer window could be a right roller coaster!!

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #904 on: July 01, 2015, 04:35:44 PM »
I think that if he hadn't sold he would have announced it today as the players are back and everyone's in a (relatively) good mood on the back of the stripes returning and looking decent to boot.  Something along the lines of: "I said that if the sale hadn't gone through by preseason training then we would continue as before and it hasn't so we do"

As there has been no such statement I'd assume the deal is (at the very least close to) going through.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #905 on: July 01, 2015, 04:41:57 PM »
I wait with bated breath.  :D

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #906 on: July 01, 2015, 04:44:22 PM »
It's like waiting for the John Carew sigining.  ;D

I honestly don't think a sale will happen (this summer anyway).

I have mixed feelings about a sale as there have been too many examples of new owners coming in and trying to put their stamp on the club and failing.

Better the devil you know I think in this instance.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #907 on: July 01, 2015, 04:50:40 PM »
Done deal by all accounts looking at facebook and other WBA forums. We'll see. I'll be happy if JP is still here in 10 years time though.

DaveWBA

• WBA Coach

« Reply #908 on: July 01, 2015, 04:57:16 PM »
Done deal by all accounts looking at facebook and other WBA forums. We'll see. I'll be happy if JP is still here in 10 years time though.

Facebook is exactly renowned for its reliability but who is posting this information?

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #909 on: July 01, 2015, 04:58:52 PM »
And supposedly, who is the new buyer?

baggie_1

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #910 on: July 01, 2015, 05:00:34 PM »
It's like waiting for the John Carew sigining.  ;D

I honestly don't think a sale will happen (this summer anyway).

I have mixed feelings about a sale as there have been too many examples of new owners coming in and trying to put their stamp on the club and failing.

Better the devil you know I think in this instance.
talking of John Carew i hear he's due for a medical this week ;D
AND ITS 5 FOR THE BAGGIES...BOING BOING TAKE THAT

Signor_Maresca

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #911 on: July 01, 2015, 05:12:28 PM »
I think its clear a deal is close, otherwise Peace would have come out at the start of June like he said he would to state that he was to stay on, that he hasn't suggests that negotiations have taken place and a deal is close to be struck.  A deal of this magnitude takes weeks if not months to seal, I'd be hedging my bets on an imminent deal.

From mutterings on this forum and others I'd say an Australian party showed initial interest and now a Chinese consortium are close, that's pure conjecture but just by the way this has been playing out I'd say its on.
"This crack is really moreish."

Bigrob80

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #912 on: July 01, 2015, 06:55:54 PM »
I personally feel a deal is in place for a takeover, if it wasn't on I think we would have found out by now! As much as I hate hearing silence I think this 'silence' is for good reason!
Here's hoping it all goes well whatever the outcome!

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #913 on: July 01, 2015, 07:04:05 PM »
Surely if those rumours were true about a statement being released by the club it will be tomorrow now as opposed to today.

koren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #914 on: July 01, 2015, 08:07:55 PM »
Would the takeover hinder the pursuit of Matt Phillips and Asutin ?

The new owner may need time to discuss the transfer plan and the budget with Pulis. 
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 08:37:14 PM by koren »
The PRIDE of midlands

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #915 on: July 01, 2015, 08:17:23 PM »
Would the takeover hinder the pursuit of Matt Phillips and Asutin ?

Maybe the new owner will need time to discuss the transfer plan and the budget with Pulis.

Would of thought that conversations would of already took place with potential new investors regarding transfer plans and how much money needs to be involved in those plans.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #916 on: July 01, 2015, 08:40:47 PM »
Well not a lot of money if the signings we have made up to yet are anything to go by.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #917 on: July 01, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »
Well not a lot of money if the signings we have made up to yet are anything to go by.

So you Dont think Matt Phillips or Charlie Austin will require considerably large fees to get them from QPR.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #918 on: July 01, 2015, 10:00:03 PM »
How would everyone react if they wanted to change the name of the club & home shirt like Cardiff ?
 :-X

Hunnington Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #919 on: July 01, 2015, 10:06:20 PM »
How would everyone react if they wanted to change the name of the club & home shirt like Cardiff ?
Bit of an obvious question bearing in mind the meltdown over the thickness of the stripes last season.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #920 on: July 01, 2015, 10:11:26 PM »

Peace has already stated on a few occasions that he will only sell to the right party who will do right by the club. I would say that changing the clubs name and kit would fit under that.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #921 on: July 01, 2015, 10:13:53 PM »
So you Dont think Matt Phillips or Charlie Austin will require considerably large fees to get them from QPR.

Seeing is believing.

Foster#1

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #922 on: July 01, 2015, 10:14:32 PM »
Peace has already stated on a few occasions that he will only sell to the right party who will do right by the club. I would say that changing the clubs name and kit would fit under that.

I'm sure the previous owners at Blues & Cardiff was all promised things.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #923 on: July 01, 2015, 10:19:34 PM »
Even though it's only the 1st of July today it feels like this has dragged on for a good while even if it's only been 3 weeks or so, maybe that's because there's been so many rumours flying around it gets tiring and slightly boring after a while.

Would expect a decision before the start of next week either way it needs to be settled and we need to start building on mcclean in the new signings department.

Short summer for domestic football even though you can make signings throughout August ideally our business is done during this month not vital but would be nice.

Boing Boing

lonions

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #924 on: July 01, 2015, 10:23:45 PM »
And there now sold to the highest bidder.