Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2363116 times)

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #850 on: June 30, 2015, 06:46:27 PM »
I'll put this share issue to bed later - the missus works for an insolvency law firm and has access to company records, share holders and parent companies and will be able to definitely tell you how, where and what is owned by Mr Peace. IF I find evidence of foul play or questionable business practices I will of course report that.

saml30

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #851 on: June 30, 2015, 07:29:02 PM »
Are you joking?! You must be joking.

I don't need to explain why do I?

Wow I can't believe this comment has been made, we are a completely different monster to what we were 10 years ago. The training ground is just the staring point, do you want me to continue?
Blue and White Barmy Army !!!

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #852 on: June 30, 2015, 07:40:19 PM »
We've got some clowns following the albion. JP has done brilliantly for us.

Or are most fans on here started supporting us since 2007 ::)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #853 on: June 30, 2015, 07:47:26 PM »
I almost stopped reading at 'all this for sale lark is to sell tickets' - that statement is so unbelievably erroneous it almost convinced me to not read anything else. Why would selling the club sell season tickets? There's no link. If you're inclined to by tickets on some fantasy dream that it could lead to a trillionaire buying us and then Messi, you need a reality check. Nobody's season ticket purchasing decision should be based on their own dream for what a sale might mean. If a billionaire bought us, maybe. But pretending to sell the club won't make people buy tickets. I can absolutely assure you nobody at the club put 'pretend to sell the club as a marketing ploy' forward as an idea.

Again, pure insanity would be selling the club as a championship team. We are in our strongest most appealing position now. If JP is the money grabbing dictator you paint him as hell won't sell us in a position where we aren't making sky revenue. You can half the price of the club if we went down, he can't be a money grabbing evil genius if you think he'd sell us for less than he could. You can't have it both ways. If he won't sell 'gooses that lay golden eggs' why would he sell us in a position where the new owner wouldn't make a good return and demand a higher price. And if you think he'd rather make £1.2 million a year in wages over making £100m+ in one sale you're also crazy.

But he has done it in the past Psalm, again at this time of year. He never say's the club is for sale during the season and then leaving it open for offers.
He always puts a time limit on it.
Why? It's either for sale or it isn't. If you were selling a house you wouldn't put it up for sale and say only for a couple of months though.
All of this uncertainty is stopping us from using the window to get signings in time for Pulis to work with before the kick off.
Peace will then come out and say he couldn't get a suitable buyer.

You know it will happen, but Mr Peace can do no wrong with some.
I don't think he would have put such an high price on us if he had any real intentions of selling, you can get the Villa for the same price.

If he does sell us to a new owner i will be the first to admit i was wrong, but i try and think logically and are not blinded by all of Peace's bull.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #854 on: June 30, 2015, 07:49:46 PM »
We've got some clowns following the albion. JP has done brilliantly for us.

Or are most fans on here started supporting us since 2007 ::)

I started in the fifties actually,when we were one of the top clubs in the country,as we were in the sixties,seventies and early eighties.
Those of you younger, then yes, this is as good as you have seen it, but please don't patronise older Baggies who are used to a bit more than just survival and licking the chairmans boots.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #855 on: June 30, 2015, 07:56:17 PM »
I started in the fifties actually,when we were one of the top clubs in the country,as we were in the sixties,seventies and early eighties.
Those of you younger, then yes, this is as good as you have seen it, but please don't patronise older Baggies who are used to a bit more than just survival and licking the chairmans boots.

It was much easier to be among the top teams in those days, no freedom of contract, so if you didn't want your top players to leave they pretty much had to like it or lump it.
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #856 on: June 30, 2015, 08:01:05 PM »
It was much easier to be among the top teams in those days, no freedom of contract, so if you didn't want your top players to leave they pretty much had to like it or lump it.

Yes,i agree with that, but you have to question if the chairman is pulling out all the stops to get in decent players. We are linked with so many, ok,paper talk in many cases,but they do sign eventually,for another club.
We quibble over 5k, in the case of that Irish lad who was so anonymous i can't even recall his name.

Come on, we should be better than that.

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #857 on: June 30, 2015, 08:12:01 PM »
Never been in the red.

Brilliant training ground

Established premier league team

Everytime we've went down we've bounced straight back.

The days of thompson compared to what we've had under JP. No contest

glosterbaggie

• WBA Coach

« Reply #858 on: June 30, 2015, 08:38:06 PM »
Never been in the red.

Brilliant training ground

Established premier league team

Everytime we've went down we've bounced straight back.

The days of thompson compared to what we've had under JP. No contest

Thought is was him that laid the foundations?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 08:44:23 PM by OldburyWBA »
"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf - George Orwell"
"You can't put a price on being able too live with yourself"As I said to a tory MP

sconesy

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #859 on: June 30, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
I honestly think that even the most hardened of businessmen (including Albion fans!), would openly admit that Peace's tenure has had an incredibly positive impact on our club. To say that "I remember the 50's, 60's and 70's" is completely irrelevant - Peace wasn't chairman then! He took over a club and team that was a shadow of it's former self - and with hard work, financial nous and a certain amount of luck (which comes with the territory), we are now an established prem team. All this achieved in an era where (due to the financial landscape) we would of certainly be left in the doldrums had we not of achived our current status. There's been no asset stripping, quite the contrary.....he has improved every area of the club that HE'S seen financially viable with the sole aim of increasing productivity. I slated JP when he appointed Irvine - it was reactionary and the only time I have. Other than that....job well done Mr P!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2015, 10:36:26 PM by sconesy »

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #860 on: June 30, 2015, 08:56:05 PM »
We need the takeover, we need a new vision as i feel JP has run his race and quite possibly become disillusioned with the football rat race. Over the last couple of years he has made some monumental bloomers on the football side of the buisiness,having to sack Burton and Day just a year into thir jobs being the latest. Off the field and onto the non football goings on. e.g the faffing about over the pub next door, the distancing of the club from its roots by holding the AGM in London being high on my list. IF he goes (i`m up there with divinewind in the sceptic stakes) i will willingly thank him for his efforts at establishing us as a premier league club but i will always be left with the thought that he was continually just doing enough and no more, lacking the courage to go just that small extra step.
Baggie for life not just for Xmas

RuncornBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #861 on: June 30, 2015, 09:34:50 PM »

10 years on i don't think the club has progressed either on a playing level or in the terms of the stadium.

You my fine young friend have to be on the wind up, I presume the clue is in your name!

On the pitch, the squad we had then was

Hoult
Kirkland
Kuszczak

Robinson
Gaardsoe
Clement
Wallwork
Albrechtsen
Watson
Hodgkiss
Curtis Davies
Scimeca (Left to Cardiff)
Moore (left to Derby)

Quashie
Greening
Johnson
Gera
Chaplow
Kozak
Carter
Rob Davies
Smikle
Inamoto
Dyer (Left to Milwall)
Koumas (Left to Cardiff)

Horsefield
Kamara
Campbell
Ellington
Kanu
Elvins
Nicholson
Earnshaw (Left to Norwich)

Whilst I grant you that there are some quality names there, once this season starts and the transfer window closes, we will have a much better squad this season.

We had Robson in charge!! 

All that is from wiki so it is probably way out

Heyyyyyyy, Tim Sherwood, Oooh, Aahh, I wanna knowwww..........Why you're such a.............

Brummie Road

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #862 on: June 30, 2015, 10:15:06 PM »
But he has done it in the past Psalm, again at this time of year. He never say's the club is for sale during the season and then leaving it open for offers.
He always puts a time limit on it.
Why? It's either for sale or it isn't. If you were selling a house you wouldn't put it up for sale and say only for a couple of months though.
All of this uncertainty is stopping us from using the window to get signings in time for Pulis to work with before the kick off.
Peace will then come out and say he couldn't get a suitable buyer.

You know it will happen, but Mr Peace can do no wrong with some.
I don't think he would have put such an high price on us if he had any real intentions of selling, you can get the Villa for the same price.

If he does sell us to a new owner i will be the first to admit i was wrong, but i try and think logically and are not blinded by all of Peace's bull.

No one at the club has publicly come out with a selling price have they?

So how do you know what the asking price is? and whether it's "high" or otherwise, or how it compares to any speculated asking price for Villa?

How do you know "you can get Villa for the same price?"

Londonbaggymike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #863 on: June 30, 2015, 10:21:37 PM »
No one at the club has publicly come out with a selling price have they?

So how do you know what the asking price is? and whether it's "high" or otherwise, or how it compares to any speculated asking price for Villa?

How do you know "you can get Villa for the same price?"

Must have done his due diligence!

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #864 on: June 30, 2015, 11:48:36 PM »
Albion’s chairman, has signalled his intention to sell up and it is believed that a Chinese consortium has shown serious interest in taking over at The Hawthorns. Albion are expected to release a statement within the next 24 hours clarifying the takeover situation.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/jun/30/west-brom-rickie-lambert-charlie-austin-terry-burton

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #865 on: July 01, 2015, 12:47:33 AM »
John Percy the Telegraph's Midland football reporter has got the same story pretty much except he hedges his bets and says statement in the next 48 hours and does not mention a Chinese consortium. For what it is worth I think Percy is one of the better journalists on the Midlands beat so I would guess that his story is fairly well sourced.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

Nathan

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #866 on: July 01, 2015, 01:01:48 AM »
Thought is was him that laid the foundations?

It certainly was Paul Thompson that laid the foundations and without him we would have never been anywhere near the Premier League. Top bloke too, had time for us supporters. He plugged the ever increasing hole in our coffers, turned us from a club losing £30,000 a week into being in the black. An absolute unsung hero for the Albion and a man who will always be appreciated by me.

lonions

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #867 on: July 01, 2015, 08:13:18 AM »
Now i wonder if the Chinese shirt sponsor has anything to do with the takeover!

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #868 on: July 01, 2015, 08:23:26 AM »
Now i wonder if the Chinese shirt sponsor has anything to do with the takeover!

interesting indeed
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #869 on: July 01, 2015, 08:38:07 AM »
I am not sure you can read too much into the new shirt sponsor and ownership. TLCbet have been associated with the club for a while and some sort of partnership deal with us for the last 2 seasons I think
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #870 on: July 01, 2015, 08:41:32 AM »
It certainly was Paul Thompson that laid the foundations and without him we would have never been anywhere near the Premier League. Top bloke too, had time for us supporters. He plugged the ever increasing hole in our coffers, turned us from a club losing £30,000 a week into being in the black. An absolute unsung hero for the Albion and a man who will always be appreciated by me.
My feelings exactly Nathan. JP arrived from nowhere and rode his coat tails for a period whilst he and we got established !

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #871 on: July 01, 2015, 08:52:29 AM »
Didn't peace say he didn't want to work with a betting company again after bodog though? That's all I thought
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend

hardtobeat

• WBA Coach

« Reply #872 on: July 01, 2015, 09:12:02 AM »
Didn't peace say he didn't want to work with a betting company again after bodog though? That's all I thought
perhaps HE isnt going to have to,not for long anyway  :D

robnewbold

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #873 on: July 01, 2015, 09:43:35 AM »
Only time we have been in the red with JP is when we played away Tottenham.

Been a supporter for over 50 years and am extremely happy where we currently are, compared to similar sized clubs. Leeds, Wolves, Birmingham, Notts Forest, Derby etc etc. A lot of that is down to Mr Peace, who is a very astute business man and must take a lot of credit for that but also a lot of responsibility for the last couple of seasons shambolic situations.
Its all changed over the last few months and we are a different club and I think one with a different outlook.
I don't think JP is going anywhere TBH .... either way the prospects for next season are probably the brightest they have been for a long time, and a lot of that ids down to him, like it or not.

Watton...!

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #874 on: July 01, 2015, 10:05:27 AM »
perhaps HE isnt going to have to,not for long anyway  :D

That's what I was getting at  ;D

2+2=5 or what?
Neil Clement: 300 Appearances spanning over a decade, a true Albion legend