Author Topic: Guochuan Lai  (Read 2363514 times)

divinewind

• WBA Coach

Re: Guochuan Lai
« Reply #675 on: June 25, 2015, 07:33:28 PM »
To be honest it's your own fault for reading and believing stuff on dodgy rumour sites and in the press.

I wasn't the one who started a thread about us being sold...or signing a Real madrid player.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #676 on: June 25, 2015, 07:36:12 PM »
We are in far,far better shape now then we were this time last season, it's a different Club.
Sponsor is sorted, back in stripes, very cool away strip, and a real leader in charge.
The new ownership issue is a distraction, that is causing unnecessary uncertainty and
It needs to be put to bed as soon as possible either way.
Worse case scenario is JP stays and we will stay solid and look for a top ten finish.
This time last year we would have sold our grandmothers to guarantee 16th or above.
New owners could bring anything...we just don't know... Obviously a £50 million war chest
would be nice.
We could be far worse off....and have Tiny Tim as a Manager, Sideways Sam as a coach ,
a ground that needs tearing down, deluded supporters and an off- purple home shirt, humiliated
In front of the whole world at Wembley and finished the season a hairs breadth from disaster.
COYB

Still shopping at Aldi 13 years after first getting into the Prem. Same old club as far as i can see.

Peace has pulled this selling stunt once before in close season, then has an excuse for not being able to afford decent players.
How much is the prem paying these day's?

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #677 on: June 25, 2015, 07:39:50 PM »
I think it could be for the villa as much as it pains me to say for the same valuation they have done more in the last 30 years but you just never know i could be wrong, Hope im wrong to id like us to be taken over JP has been fantastic but the prem is moving on now.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #678 on: June 25, 2015, 07:40:08 PM »
I wasn't the one who started a thread about us being sold...or signing a Real madrid player.

Seems like your the one who believes everything though, come on mate surely you have been on the internet long enough to know anyone can make a rumour up.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #679 on: June 25, 2015, 07:44:51 PM »
I think it could be for the villa as much as it pains me to say for the same valuation they have done more in the last 30 years but you just never know i could be wrong, Hope im wrong to id like us to be taken over JP has been fantastic but the prem is moving on now.

will the Villa being 100 million in debt put them off, lets hope so
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #680 on: June 25, 2015, 08:32:02 PM »

will the Villa being 100 million in debt put them off, lets hope so

Doubt it if he is worth 27 billion. He can wipe the debts off at a stroke.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #681 on: June 25, 2015, 09:13:59 PM »
Seems like your the one who believes everything though, come on mate surely you have been on the internet long enough to know anyone can make a rumour up.

Yeah, but the rumours start from Peace himself by saying he is selling the club and has parties interested. Then silence. I know it's all pie in the sky, but i think it's cruel of him to get an old Baggie dreaming just to sell ST's.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #682 on: June 25, 2015, 09:20:54 PM »
Yeah, but the rumours start from Peace himself by saying he is selling the club and has parties interested. Then silence. I know it's all pie in the sky, but i think it's cruel of him to get an old Baggie dreaming just to sell ST's.
I thought you can get season tickets up to a week before season ?.

divinewind

• WBA Coach

« Reply #683 on: June 25, 2015, 09:31:34 PM »
Renewals? I can't afford one anyway this season Bob. May pick a few games.

BobTaylor

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #684 on: June 25, 2015, 09:33:38 PM »
Renewals? I can't afford one anyway this season Bob. May pick a few games.
Same boat, should be releasing matchday prices soon hopefully we do that deal with swansea and Newcastle again .

baggyman68

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #685 on: June 25, 2015, 09:42:37 PM »
So, is the club going to be sold or what?
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:37:19 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

popbaggie28

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #686 on: June 25, 2015, 09:48:08 PM »
Who knows? It's a roller coaster ride following the baggies 😐
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:37:40 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

Topman

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #687 on: June 25, 2015, 10:00:52 PM »

My thoughts entirely, I'm totally confused with what's going on and who's said what. So what if the billionaire buys villa. We will just get on with it as we usually do.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 01:37:56 PM by LiamTheBaggie »

royhan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #688 on: June 25, 2015, 10:26:17 PM »
The Club should at least issue a statement to tell fans if the negotiations are continuing or not. Come on Chris Lepkowski earn your corn! As an ex newspaper journalist you should know the importance of keeping fans informed.

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #689 on: June 25, 2015, 11:01:15 PM »
The Club should at least issue a statement to tell fans if the negotiations are continuing or not. Come on Chris Lepkowski earn your corn! As an ex newspaper journalist you should know the importance of keeping fans informed.

No disrespect but the club don't have to do anything. These are private negotiations between a seller and a potential buyer. The fans will find out in the near future one way or another. These things take time. Let's not forget the club not only need to negotiate with the interested party but also need to get approval by the premier league

65baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #690 on: June 25, 2015, 11:44:30 PM »
Good post. In the hands of lawyers

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #691 on: June 25, 2015, 11:57:19 PM »
Still shopping at Aldi 13 years after first getting into the Prem. Same old club as far as i can see.

Peace has pulled this selling stunt once before in close season, then has an excuse for not being able to afford decent players.
How much is the prem paying these day's?
If Aldi shopping can get you finishes at 13th, 11th, 10th and 8th then so be it. Also, Aldi is quite nice these days!

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #692 on: June 26, 2015, 02:28:28 AM »
Surely if this bloke was buying villa he wouldnt have allowed for quickbooks to sponsor them he would have his companies. Which makes me wonder why havent we still got a sponsor and why is this bloke making an anouncement within the next week or so. May just be wishful thinking but the logic in him buying villa dont add up to me.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2015, 10:04:36 AM by OldburyWBA »

The Joust

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #693 on: June 26, 2015, 06:58:14 AM »
Surely if this bloke was buying villa he wouldnt have allowed for quickbooks to sponsor them he would have his companies. Which makes me wonder y havent we still got a sponsor and why is this bloke making an anouncement within the next week or so. May just be wishful thinking but the logic in him buying villa dont add up to me.

That's a great shout re Quickbooks

sammyg

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #694 on: June 26, 2015, 07:27:48 AM »
I think we will hear something midweek next week about it, don't know why , and probably getting my hopes up but I've got a feeling it may be the Chinese bloke.

PortsmouthBaggie

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #695 on: June 26, 2015, 07:39:12 AM »
Just wait it out, if something happens we'll be told.
Get on with your lives.

PsalmXXIII

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #696 on: June 26, 2015, 08:08:34 AM »
Where's this 'the owner will have their own sponsor on the shirt' come from? Not many teams have that at all.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #697 on: June 26, 2015, 09:20:08 AM »
Qpr
Cardiff
Man city to effect
A way of getting around ffp
Just sounds a bit odd that this chinese bloke would have been happy with quickbooks as sponsor when u look at his worth and buisenesses. Its just a hunch. A very hopeful one!

A5HB

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #698 on: June 26, 2015, 09:29:44 AM »
Why is there this assumption that any Chinese takeover interest must involve Wang Jianlin? Yes, we know that there has been interest from Chinese consortiums in U.S. and Villa and recent reports have suggested the Chinese group is the front runner for us. However, there isn't only one very wealthy man in China who might be interested in sports acquisitions. Wang Jianlin may well be interested in buying us but it's far more likely to be a different person or persons from that part of the world IMO.

Anyway as others have said its all guessing right now. The club have rightly played it close to their chest. They don't need to keep making statements and updates just like they don't need to with transfers. All that does is give fans fuel to jump to conclusions, annoys all the other parties involved and weakens the negotiating position.

I do think we will hear something in the next week or so, simply because we are starting to get too close to the new season.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #699 on: June 26, 2015, 10:14:15 AM »
I was accused of being premature and told to chill in my earlier thread. But i have been a baggie too long.
Here we are almost July, no buyer, no sponsor, Mulumbu gone, no Real Madrid starlet.
Instead we have James McClean, and are trying to land a player from MK Dons who they got as a free.
You couldn't make it up.

Well done Jezza, fooled us all again.

You could make it up??...most of what you have posted was made up

You chose to believe it so why are you blaming JP for something you have been taken in by?

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts