Author Topic: Kyle Bartley  (Read 228274 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Re: Kyle Bartley
« Reply #400 on: January 29, 2020, 06:57:12 PM »
Should be a straight forward decision, Bartley right sided centre back with Ajayi to his left, which has been our only successful partnership this season. Bartley has been awful in January playing on the left yet was nominated for championship player of the month in December playing on the right. We badly missed Ajayi last night as well, his height and pace really helps out. Constant swapping of centre backs through injury and suspension and the back four generally has also not helped.

cads_ap_albion

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #401 on: January 29, 2020, 06:57:38 PM »
Another head scratcher , Bartleys been very good to my surprise up until  lately . Like Ajayi his forms vanished , why ? .

We don't hold the ball up front long enough anymore.
Last night, the ball bounced off Kyle repeatedly. It just puts more pressure on the midfield two and thus the defence.

Phillips is out of form and HRK also couldn't hang on to the ball.

That means the defence are constantly scrambling.
Nice one Cyrille, nice one son

Wbamitch

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #402 on: January 29, 2020, 09:53:05 PM »
Should be a straight forward decision, Bartley right sided centre back with Ajayi to his left, which has been our only successful partnership this season. Bartley has been awful in January playing on the left yet was nominated for championship player of the month in December playing on the right. We badly missed Ajayi last night as well, his height and pace really helps out. Constant swapping of centre backs through injury and suspension and the back four generally has also not helped.

Couldn't really put forward my opinion much better than that. Without Injuries get it back to Bartley and Ajayi.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #403 on: January 29, 2020, 10:28:49 PM »
Or semi and O’Shea ?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #404 on: January 30, 2020, 12:40:35 AM »
Seems to be a LOT of people don't know their left and right on this thread, and are tying themselves up in knots to find an excuse for why Kyle Bartley is doing Kyle Bartley things... So for clarity, whenever Hegazi is in the team, Hegazi is playing left centre back.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #405 on: January 30, 2020, 05:23:33 AM »
Bartley was doing well until ajayi lost form and then the partnership has gone to bits
O Albion we love you

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #406 on: February 10, 2020, 01:47:08 AM »
Suprised no ones posted on here after the Milwall game, Bartley was an absolute rock for 90 minutes. My man of the match.

Agreed the bloke was a monster today
O Albion we love you

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #407 on: February 10, 2020, 03:28:04 AM »
Imperious would be my description of his performance
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

chipperclark

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #408 on: February 10, 2020, 03:52:22 AM »
Imperious would be my description of his performance
Along with Semi who was also outstanding.

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #409 on: February 10, 2020, 05:25:01 AM »
Suprised no ones posted on here after the Milwall game, Bartley was an absolute rock for 90 minutes. My man of the match.
Mine too, watched him closely yesterday, relished the conditions, and blotted Smith early in the game.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2020, 05:53:37 AM »
Ageed, Krov got the headlines, but Bartley was superb, a player last season I did not rate, but this season has been excellent, Darren Moore playing him out of position really did not help him.
Baggie in Southampton

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2020, 06:35:01 AM »
Yep have to agree really good this season apart from when he's moved over to accommodate Hegazi
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #412 on: February 15, 2020, 01:34:59 PM »
Was just one of those crosses that's in the perfect danger area. He puts it in or their striker does
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

Webby

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #413 on: February 15, 2020, 04:35:27 PM »
Just happened to have to be him laying on the line though didn't it  :P
Love, Live, Life, and I'm dead. - "Weezy F. Baby"

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #414 on: February 15, 2020, 05:07:39 PM »
According to the BBC final score, someone called Marvin Bartley scored an OG for us today.  Idiots.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #415 on: February 15, 2020, 05:10:51 PM »
Was just one of those crosses that's in the perfect danger area. He puts it in or their striker does

The warning signs were there before the first goal.

The first sniff at goal occurred because Bartley could not cope with Grabban’s movement. He was in no mans land.

We can not afford to have such a hesitant error prone defender playing in front of a flat footed goalkeeper. It’s not surprising that we hit panic stations when the ball enters the box.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #416 on: February 15, 2020, 05:17:06 PM »
The warning signs were there before the first goal.

The first sniff at goal occurred because Bartley could not cope with Grabban’s movement. He was in no mans land.

We can not afford to have such a hesitant error prone defender playing in front of a flat footed goalkeeper. It’s not surprising that we hit panic stations when the ball enters the box.
If anyone was to blame for the first goal, its whoever failed to block the cross, which turned out to be an excellent one. Bartley had to go for the cross or he would have rightly been criticised for doing nothing. Yes,  his positioning would have been where the ball arrived if he'd had a crystal ball. 
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #417 on: February 15, 2020, 05:20:43 PM »
Don’t really blame him for the goal. He did have a nightmare though today I thought, especially immediately after the own goal.

Atomic

• WBA Coach

« Reply #418 on: February 15, 2020, 05:23:36 PM »
Just happened to have to be him laying on the line though didn't it  :P

It always just happens to be him that's the problem. More than 10 times this season the "improved" Bartley has been responsible for us conceding to at least some degree. How many times has it been Ajayi 3,4? no more than that and there lies the difference. Bartley isnt good enough for a top Championship / bottom premier league team. On average once every three games we concede a goal with Bartley at least partly responsible.

If we don't go up this season it will be because Bilic has not addressed this issue.

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #419 on: February 15, 2020, 05:57:22 PM »
If the Ballon D'Or was awarded for the amount of goals gifted to the opposition, then yes, he would win it.
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #420 on: February 15, 2020, 06:04:48 PM »
According to the BBC final score, someone called Marvin Bartley scored an OG for us today.  Idiots.
What he meant to type was today an idiot called Bartley scored an OG.😄

Critical Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #421 on: February 15, 2020, 06:06:16 PM »
Hate to say it but reminds me of Darren Purse. Can’t fault his effort and desire but always has a habit of being clumsy. Whether the hand ball against Reading, the own goal, poor clearance and then caught where he was for the disallowed goal today, it’s almost as if he’s trying too hard; as crazy that sounds. If he had a bit more composure he would be a good player but just feel at times the pressure gets to him?
Frank Burrows Appreciation Society

halifax_baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #422 on: February 15, 2020, 06:29:57 PM »
It's not good enough to have a CD who only plays well one in four and the team can always rely on him is always to make a mistake.

My opinion has not changed greatly from 2 seasons ago when he first played against Barnsley in a pre season friendly and did not head a ball all game

He looked a poor acquisition then and apart from the occasional good performance has not improved :o

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #423 on: February 15, 2020, 09:38:33 PM »
I think he’s had a relatively good season, yes he makes errors but that’s a combination of him not being Maldini /the way we set up and that it appears he’s been asked to play football rather than be himself
When he was at rangers he played more on the edge , got stuck in and showed his teeth....I think he is more controlled but like most players, when you change them you lose something.

This season him and semi are streets ahead of hegazi, maybe if change comes then it’s O’Shea that steps inside....on a side note I quite wish we had got tosin back this year, thought he was coming on well and was particularly impressed with him in midfield agains the vile
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #424 on: February 16, 2020, 06:59:45 AM »
He's been solid for us most of the season, wears his heart on his sleeve and takes no rubbish.
It can't be easy for any of the defenders. Look how many times they are waiting for the keeper to collect a ball that he decides to leave, and they end up making a hurried clearance or spooning it straight back to the opposition.
Yesterday there were two players wide, trying to stop the cross. They didn't and we saw the net result.
If the defenders had any confidence in the keeper they could expect him to come for the cross and smother it.
Yes Bartley has his faults, but if he didn't he wouldn't be playing here
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'