Author Topic: Dara O'Shea  (Read 99558 times)

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

Re: Dara O'Shea
« Reply #575 on: May 23, 2023, 11:21:32 PM »
Ludicrous decision by Ireland and Dara if he joins their squad after missing the run in.
He should be resting ready for next season.

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #576 on: May 24, 2023, 07:35:18 AM »
Ludicrous decision by Ireland and Dara if he joins their squad after missing the run in.
He should be resting ready for next season.
He’s a championship player but gets the opportunity to represent his country,he will always be Irish…but next season might be at Watford/Burnley/Coventry.

I get why he wants to go to the international meet up.
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

Sted1990

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #577 on: May 24, 2023, 09:22:51 AM »
He’s a championship player but gets the opportunity to represent his country,he will always be Irish…but next season might be at Watford/Burnley/Coventry.

I get why he wants to go to the international meet up.

I get why he wants too, but where is the common sense off the back of a serious injury?

zippyandbungle

• WBA Coach

« Reply #578 on: May 24, 2023, 05:51:14 PM »
I get why he wants too, but where is the common sense off the back of a serious injury?
Both us and Ireland have professional fitness and rehabilitation personnel,I’d turn the question and ask what makes you think anyone from the Ireland set up would want to deliberately put him at risk of injury if he wasn’t 100%?
If youre going to get told off, get told off for doing something not for doing nothing..

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #579 on: May 25, 2023, 02:52:41 PM »
It is presumably no more than bad luck that O'Shea and Molumby have repeatedly sustained serious injuries with the ROI; often in games that are international dead rubbers, but I think the club has ever right to feel aggrieved with the recent history.

Lionheart

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #580 on: May 26, 2023, 07:52:10 AM »
It is presumably no more than bad luck that O'Shea and Molumby have repeatedly sustained serious injuries with the ROI; often in games that are international dead rubbers, but I think the club has ever right to feel aggrieved with the recent history.
As far as I can remember Molumby has sustained one injury on international duty which unfortunately was the same game Dara was injured  in. This was the euro qualifier against France, hardly a dead rubber. O'Sheas fractured ankle happened in the world Cup qualifier against Portugal, again an important match. This was one of those bad luck injuries where he turned on his ankle while making a tackle and fractured it. For the most recent injuries is it bad luck that only our players got injured or do we need to look closer to home especially when you consider our injuries this season. Are our players being pushed too hard in training? Did Bruce leave them so woefully unfit that catching up midseason has caused a huge strain physically on the players. I don't know the answers but I hope we don't see a repeat of it next season.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #581 on: May 27, 2023, 08:42:11 AM »
As far as I can remember Molumby has sustained one injury on international duty which unfortunately was the same game Dara was injured  in. This was the euro qualifier against France, hardly a dead rubber. O'Sheas fractured ankle happened in the world Cup qualifier against Portugal, again an important match. This was one of those bad luck injuries where he turned on his ankle while making a tackle and fractured it. For the most recent injuries is it bad luck that only our players got injured or do we need to look closer to home especially when you consider our injuries this season. Are our players being pushed too hard in training? Did Bruce leave them so woefully unfit that catching up midseason has caused a huge strain physically on the players. I don't know the answers but I hope we don't see a repeat of it next season.

I think that’s an accurate summary.  Impact injuries can happen at any time. Muscular injuries are likely to be attributable to training.  CC needs fitter players than he inherited mid-season from Bruce, and that’s very likely to have been at least a partial factor in the spate of muscle injuries which arose this season.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #582 on: June 11, 2023, 10:47:05 AM »
Sunday Mirror saying we are looking to sell DOS and Diangana to help balance the books

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #583 on: June 11, 2023, 10:51:07 AM »
Sunday Mirror saying we are looking to sell DOS and Diangana to help balance the books

Would make sense sadly, I think Dara is a very good player.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #584 on: June 11, 2023, 11:04:05 AM »
Need to get used to this player’s being sold to service loan repayments, can’t see Carlos sticking around while assets are being stripped.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #585 on: June 11, 2023, 11:14:13 AM »
Need to get used to this player’s being sold to service loan repayments, can’t see Carlos sticking around while assets are being stripped.

He’s well aware that it would be necessary.  And it’s not “stripping assets” - it’s keeping the club afloat on a reduced budget with no parachute payments.  Totally inevitable.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #586 on: June 11, 2023, 11:32:45 AM »
He’s well aware that it would be necessary.  And it’s not “stripping assets” - it’s keeping the club afloat on a reduced budget with no parachute payments.  Totally inevitable.
probably aware of player sales but for a coach with aspirations can’t see him being around for long.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #587 on: June 11, 2023, 11:36:22 AM »
Burnley were rumoured to be after him last summer, but nothing happened and they'll probably find better and cheaper foreign player, the type which has apparently made it impossible according to some ill informed posters because stricter work permit rules.

I don't want to lose him, but if a bid of around £10m comes, I'd take it.

However, we never get any stupidly high bids for any of our players (mcclean being the exception).

Grady won't attract a big bid imo.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #588 on: June 11, 2023, 11:57:11 AM »
CB is where we have the most dpeth to be fair.

WBArgo

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #589 on: June 11, 2023, 11:57:56 AM »
Could see a number of lower level PL clubs in for him such as Burnley, Bournemouth, and even Everton with Dyche.

He's only 24 and is decent enough, sadly it's not too surprising. As for Diangana, I can't see any takers.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #590 on: June 11, 2023, 11:59:49 AM »
We need to get rid of one of Grant or Diangana,whichever fetches the most i guess.

Blowee

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #591 on: June 11, 2023, 12:24:08 PM »
I remember saying after he got injured playing for Ireland that we had seen the last of him in a Baggies shirt. It's disappointing but makes sense from the point of view that we need the money and I would say he's our most saleable asset. It's the way of many smaller clubs even successful ones e.g., Brentford. Unfortunately, we are not as good at finding suitable replacements. 

SmethDan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #592 on: June 11, 2023, 02:00:06 PM »
CB is where we have the most dpeth to be fair.

In registration terms only as of at the end of the season. Sell Dara and we're left with Ajayi, an ageing Bartley and a promising young centre half untested at Championship level in Taylor.

Kipre has played more games for other sides on loan than he has for us and will likely move on and veteran Pieters is yet to agree terms. This is before we address certain areas of weakness.

We may have numbers now but probably won't before we know it and then we've got whatever an 'unleashed' Ian Pearce can uncover. I'm really hoping we don't just sell and stay with Ajayi, Bartley and Taylor.
It doesn't matter how many resources you have.
If you don't know how to use them, they will never be enough.
Oh, and always remember to defecate on those Vile chaps in claret and spew.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #593 on: June 11, 2023, 02:35:19 PM »
I don't want to sell O'Shea however I can't see many other options to raise funds to get through the season.

Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #594 on: June 11, 2023, 02:52:11 PM »
In registration terms only as of at the end of the season. Sell Dara and we're left with Ajayi, an ageing Bartley and a promising young centre half untested at Championship level in Taylor.

Kipre has played more games for other sides on loan than he has for us and will likely move on and veteran Pieters is yet to agree terms. This is before we address certain areas of weakness.

We may have numbers now but probably won't before we know it and then we've got whatever an 'unleashed' Ian Pearce can uncover. I'm really hoping we don't just sell and stay with Ajayi, Bartley and Taylor.

I'm sure Taylor will be involved moving forward now. As they will stick with Kipre or Pieters to make the 4
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 05:52:52 PM by gazberg »

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #595 on: June 11, 2023, 05:52:29 PM »
Burnley were rumoured to be after him last summer, but nothing happened and they'll probably find better and cheaper foreign player, the type which has apparently made it impossible according to some ill informed posters because stricter work permit rules.

I don't want to lose him, but if a bid of around £10m comes, I'd take it.

However, we never get any stupidly high bids for any of our players (mcclean being the exception).

Grady won't attract a big bid imo.

Not “ill informed” at all.  It is a fact that the pools in which we can fish after Brexit are far fewer, and that the level of player that meets the new work permit criteria is likely to be beyond our financial reach without parachute payments.

Didn’t we also get £12m for Berahino?

FallOutBoy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #596 on: June 11, 2023, 06:26:57 PM »
Honestly not surprised by this, he's one of the few players at the club who we would get a decent fee for. I think he's slightly overrated, probably because he came through our academy, so if we get a good offer I would let him go.

At the moment we have O'Shea, Bartley, Ajayi, Kirpre, and Taylor, and they're looking to keep Pieters. I think if we resign Pieters, Ajayi is the next most easy sale, and I'm not sure Corberan likes him as much as Bartley / Pieters.

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #597 on: June 11, 2023, 08:12:15 PM »
It's a damn shame if he goes but inevitable.

Rotten casualty down to a rotten administration.

Is there a market for a Guochuan Lai dartboard?
(mods feel free to cut that line but hopefully it made you at least smirk a bit)
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

tambag

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #598 on: June 21, 2023, 11:34:56 AM »
Sky Sports are reporting Burnley are in advanced talks with us for Dara, a medical could happen tomorrow.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #599 on: June 21, 2023, 11:37:35 AM »
Sky Sports are reporting Burnley are in advanced talks with us for Dara, a medical could happen tomorrow.

Interesting to see what fee our footballing gods get for him.