Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070096 times)

w27

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #875 on: August 21, 2011, 09:39:09 PM »
I'd expect 6 points from Blackburn and Fulham (at home) to be honest. Fair play to W*lves because they have taken the points from the teams put in front of you (which is all you can do) but it is hardly worth doing a backflip about. Come Christmas, and after we've all played each other once, then you can see how the league is starting to pan out really.

you may well expect 6pts from blackburn (a) and fulham (h) but achieving them is no gimmee in this league

wba had tough start and done well, but sadly no points handed out for performances (as we found last season)

we've got max points off two teams be in the bottom half which is extremely good, no denying that even if your the most wolves hating baggie

w27

« Reply #876 on: August 21, 2011, 09:40:41 PM »
I think you might be right kevin. I think most observers of the league would also agree. We just cant afford to be complacent though, not yet.

should be fine baggies, you just want get some points up from next few games before not winning becomes an unwanted habit which draws you into the mix long term

looking on paper you considerably better than 4-5 teams and on par with another 4 or so teams

kevinr61

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #877 on: August 21, 2011, 09:47:47 PM »
I think you might be right kevin. I think most observers of the league would also agree. We just cant afford to be complacent though, not yet.

Baggies, you're right of course and in this league you can't afford to be complacent. However, I just get glimpses that things are starting to slowly change and that well run clubs like ours (I would also include Stoke in that) are starting to see a more even playing field. You were unlucky yesterday against Chelsea, Everton haven't got a penny, Arsenal are struggling, Spurs are overloaded with players they can't sell. Take away Man Utd and Man City and there's nothing to fear this year.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #878 on: August 21, 2011, 10:22:00 PM »
I think the tide is starting to turn. There are the moneybags clubs but more and more clubs are starting to struggle and Wolves and WBA definitely have an advantage over near enough all other 90 teams when it comes to producing competitive teams while staying solvent. Hopefully, we will now be rewarded.
Boing Boing

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #879 on: August 21, 2011, 11:14:06 PM »
Looks like they tore Fulham apart today.

I can't wait for this season and hopefully we will have something to play for and give them a game this year!

tgd26

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #880 on: August 21, 2011, 11:16:50 PM »
Wolves definitely need to work on their goal celebrations! Ridiculous.

Fulham looked tired and lacking ideas to me. Not too worried about facing them to be honest.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #881 on: August 22, 2011, 12:57:19 AM »
I might go and put a bet on now quickly on Wolves to finish top 4, I'm sure they're odds on after their world beating ways after 2 games  :) I wonder how many dingles will be on here after say 15 games?

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #882 on: August 22, 2011, 09:05:54 AM »
Well done to the Wolves nice easy start to the fixture list helps them.Were they at any time last season 6 points clear of us :o
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

w27

« Reply #883 on: August 22, 2011, 09:59:45 AM »

Fulham looked tired and lacking ideas to me. Not too worried about facing them to be honest.

tired in august? jesus wept

clutching at straws me thinks

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #884 on: August 22, 2011, 10:11:13 AM »
According to E & S  Liverpool will make 10 million bid for Doyle , would be a big blow if he goes.
BOING BOING

greggy8689

« Reply #885 on: August 22, 2011, 10:46:31 AM »
tired in august? jesus wept

clutching at straws me thinks

Fulham have already played 9 games compared to your 2. It's possible the players are fatigued a little.

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #886 on: August 22, 2011, 10:49:00 AM »
Fulham have already played 9 games compared to your 2. It's possible the players are fatigued a little.
Shouldnt that make them that little bit sharper? yes they have played 9 games but the first one was end of June/beginning of July
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #887 on: August 22, 2011, 10:53:43 AM »

tiredness at this stage of the season is utter rubbish.If anything fulham should have been more with it, fitter etc.
Wolves were up for it and fair play.Whether they will beat Man U and Chelsea is another matter

w27

« Reply #888 on: August 22, 2011, 11:24:30 AM »
9x games  :o

how many of those were vs amateur sides or matches where fulham have had the tie sewn up and been able to rest players?

any old excuse because we won, least majority of your posters to your reply have bit of common sense

wbako

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #889 on: August 22, 2011, 11:25:08 AM »

Wolves have been playing pre-season friendlies.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:28:50 AM by wbako »
All time favourite player: Jan Kozak

w27

« Reply #890 on: August 22, 2011, 11:27:18 AM »
According to E & S  Liverpool will make 10 million bid for Doyle , would be a big blow if he goes.

10m  ;D

wolves are in position where they wouldnt have to sell doyle unless relegated or nearing end of his contract (possibly next summer?) theres not a cat in hells chance he'd move on unless silly money was thrown our way

KingKoren

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #891 on: August 22, 2011, 11:33:53 AM »
Throw silly money around is Dalglish's speciality. 10mil would actually bee insulting coming from him.

Nocky

• WBA Coach

« Reply #892 on: August 22, 2011, 11:35:48 AM »
Great start to the season for Wolves. Two fixtures they would've targeted to get points from and they have. I think they will be fine this year, as will we if we continue to perform like we have done in our first two games.

I don't think Doyle will be going anywhere personally. He's a good striker for a bottom half PL club with his work rate and willingness to run the channels but he simply doesn't have the quality to warrant a place in a top 6/7 club.  As I said fair play to Wolves for their start but we must remember that it's a very long season. You only have to look at the likes of Blackpool and Sunderland and Hull in previous seasons to see how teams can often fade away after a good start.
"Champions aren't made in the gym. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them - a desire, a dream, a vision."

Muhammad Ali

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #893 on: August 22, 2011, 11:43:27 AM »
I cant believe how fantastic Wolves have started the season.  I see no reason why they cant qualify for Europe possibly even push for a top 4 place.

They have quality running right through their squad, have players who would walk into any other Prem side and with plays like Elokobi, Ebanks-Blake and Keogh in their squad even injuries to key players they can replace like for like.

I am extremely envious looking at the start they have made and their new stadium is going to look superb and will be very intimidating with 55k fans packed in.

wbatesy

• WBA Coach

« Reply #894 on: August 22, 2011, 11:52:01 AM »
I cant believe how fantastic Wolves have started the season.  I see no reason why they cant qualify for Europe possibly even push for a top 4 place.

They have quality running right through their squad, have players who would walk into any other Prem side and with plays like Elokobi, Ebanks-Blake and Keogh in their squad even injuries to key players they can replace like for like.

I am extremely envious looking at the start they have made and their new stadium is going to look superb and will be very intimidating with 55k fans packed in.

:D I wonder if you will be quoted as an unbiased source on one of the w*lves sites? lol

Political Cake

• Global Moderator
  • Senior Baggie

• Oh So Fabulous

« Reply #895 on: August 22, 2011, 12:28:06 PM »
Fantastic Wolves? pushing for top 4? quality running through the squad? envious? 55000 fans? Has a Wolves fan hacked your account, if not please tell me you are being sarcastic!!

Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill
WestBromwichAlbion

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #896 on: August 22, 2011, 12:34:44 PM »
Wolves should aim for top ten , its there third season , and they have some really good players in Jarvis ,Doyle, Fletcher and O'Hara, however don't get me wrong Johnson is a good defender who will make them stronger but wern't you playing Ward at left back  :o you might get away with that against teams like Fulham but you will get punished by the big boys as we found out with Reid, i think if wolves get a decent left back and right back then  i dont see any reason why the cant push for top ten , same goes for us , i know its our second season but if we cant get a decent fullback say Onuhua then i think we could challenge for top ten , i don't see why not because i see teams like everton ,Blackburn, Bolton struggling if they sell , Jagyelka ,Samba and cahill lol should be a good season for both of us :)
BOING BOING

dubliner

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #897 on: August 22, 2011, 01:29:22 PM »

Almost a done deal according to the Irish papers.

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #898 on: August 22, 2011, 01:38:18 PM »
Almost a done deal according to the Irish papers.

Like i said before that would be a big blow for Wolves , how much do Wolves fans think he's worth ? 
BOING BOING

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #899 on: August 22, 2011, 02:02:23 PM »
What was their crowd against Fulham.We might beat their average this season ;D