Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2080224 times)

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #725 on: August 10, 2011, 07:23:56 PM »
Can't wait for 6 points from you guys   :D
We took 4 last season, it's time to take another 2 on top of that. :P

See you then  :-*
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

the rainbow turn east

« Reply #726 on: August 10, 2011, 07:25:15 PM »
Can I ask why people think Long is better than Doyle?

Reading it back I retract my Odemwingie vs SEB comment, I meant Fletch.

It's embarrassing for you that you sold us an all time leading goalscorer mate.

Watch Shane Long tonight and you will see why he`s better than Kevin Doyle!!
his movement is top class and actually gets in goal scoring positons unlike Doyle
who spends half his time on his backside outside the box. ;)

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #727 on: August 10, 2011, 07:37:13 PM »
Wolves were supposedly a season ahead of us last season. They were going into their second consecutive season in the Premiership while we were a promoted side. Really they should've been a much superior team to us. Yet it was us who finished 11th and safe with a few games to go and Wolves who were a few minutes away from being relegated on the last day of the season. Says it all really.

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #728 on: August 10, 2011, 07:48:30 PM »
A lot of irrelevant points up there. I'm not interested in Earnshaw or Doyle, I was responding specifically to the comparison between Fletcher and Odemwingie. Not only is Fletcher's strikerate currently better than Odemwingie (don't bother denying it, the facts prove this) but he is only 24 years of age and will be hitting his peak for us when your man has long since left and working as a pundit on Uzbekistan Television. I'm surprised you have the nerve to brag about a player who will start to show his age over the next couple of years. In all likelihood his performances last season will be the best you'll ever see from him. Even if you offered us him for free I wouldn't want him, we're spoilt for choice up front. As well as Fletch we have Doyle, Ebanks-Blake and Ward. Every one of you would kill for those kind of options. In all seriousness, the only player I would have off you lot is Mulumbu. In every other position we have players who are equal, or in most cases, better than yours.

Thanks for that! Maybe you could tell this the whole country and make not just us laugh but the whole country as we need cheering up!
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Ben1983

• Site Donator
  • Reserve Baggie

« Reply #729 on: August 10, 2011, 08:02:16 PM »
The more I read westparkwolf's statement the more i wonder why they let Bushyfield patients have internet access.

Options....Ebanks Blake and Ward? Who's Ward?

Does this guy not know about our back up options after Pete and Long? Tchoyi Scored 3 in our last premier league game (away) and Simon Cox, (Goal of the month). Not to mention surplus to requirements Ishmael Miller and Roman Bednar.

You really are one eyed, thick, uneducated mongrels in the 5th worst city on the world!
WestBrom.com FC Number 10

jonny

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #730 on: August 10, 2011, 08:22:18 PM »
Beggers belief! Really is! Realism needs to come in to this. Would prob have about 4 Wolves players in our starting XI, and prob the majority of the bench as well.

There isnt that much difference between the teams.

Highly feasible Wolves can finish 11th and us 17th.

And I'd be happy with that.

Shame that the ding's who have come on here can't see the logic!!

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #731 on: August 10, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »
Beggers belief! Really is! Realism needs to come in to this. Would prob have about 4 Wolves players in our starting XI, and prob the majority of the bench as well.

There isnt that much difference between the teams.

Highly feasible Wolves can finish 11th and us 17th.

And I'd be happy with that.

Shame that the ding's who have come on here can't see the logic!!
What with this squad we've got now if we finish 17th it would be deemed as a failure, we should be trying to equal last seasons finish.

Hong Kong Phooey

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #732 on: August 10, 2011, 09:00:47 PM »
Nothing hurts, not with where we are at the moment... Things for our club are looking great:

Stadium re-development

Great players with awesome potential still (Jarvis, O'Hara, Johnson (but getting on a bit), Fletcher, Kightly if he can regain his old form, etc etc)(waiting for the herds of abuse from this comment now)

Great chairman, cheif executive and manager who are working well and doing the business.

Top sponser in SportingBet.

You must be very, very proud, but I would suggest that even your mercurial namesake cannot polish a turd!
In football, as in life, facing up to difficulties makes us stronger…Carlos Corberan

merlin_mick

« Reply #733 on: August 10, 2011, 09:17:13 PM »
Not here to argue regardless of what people may think from my previous posts.

We both have differing opinions on our clubs, sides, stadiums, staff etc etc and so we should!

I personally think you'll have a harder season, I don't think Odemwingie can sustain the form he did last season but that's just what I think, none of you have addressed the question I've been trying to ask though from the beginning and that is, you had the 2nd worst defence in the league, what have you done to really improve this this summer?

Also I just want to know why people think Long will be such a hit?
Tchoyi isn't that good IMO, Cox... goal of the month? That doesn't mean anything about his ability as back up.

I think we'll do better than last season but I know you'll disagree, that's rivalry for you.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #734 on: August 10, 2011, 09:26:14 PM »
On the issue of defence. I agree we havent done anything big really but we have brought in a top keeper and added more strength in depth, i guess we are just going to have to trust that roy has worked with the defence. Hopefully though we will have strengthened that area before the end of the transfer window.

With long i think its more a case of we want him to do well and are giving him a chance to prove himself as he is still untested at this level but comes here after a great season in the championship.

Tchoyi can be capable of magical things one minute then look like a donkey the next but thats just him. Cox however is a class poacher who is ver calm and composed in front of goal however roy plays him behind the striker so he has been adapting to his new position.

Does that answer your questions then merlin!?  ;)
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

RyanCoops

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #735 on: August 10, 2011, 09:27:45 PM »
Wolves had the 4th worst goals for in the league, what have you done to address that?
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark. - Muhammed Ali

merlin_mick

« Reply #736 on: August 10, 2011, 09:29:47 PM »
On the issue of defence. I agree we havent done anything big really but we have brought in a top keeper and added more strength in depth, i guess we are just going to have to trust that roy has worked with the defence. Hopefully though we will have strengthened that area before the end of the transfer window.

With long i think its more a case of we want him to do well and are giving him a chance to prove himself as he is still untested at this level but comes here after a great season in the championship.

Tchoyi can be capable of magical things one minute then look like a donkey the next but thats just him. Cox however is a class poacher who is ver calm and composed in front of goal however roy plays him behind the striker so he has been adapting to his new position.

Does that answer your questions then merlin!?  ;)

That does answer my question thanks.
I think you've got a class signing in Foster, think he'll save you some points tbf.

I think Long's a good player but I suppose it's a case of can he step it up in the prem? We'll have to see.
I also have to admit you have a very good manager in Roy. Will be an interesting season.

Mike

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #737 on: August 10, 2011, 09:33:11 PM »
Wolves had the 4th worst goals for in the league, what have you done to address that?

Roger Johnson

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #738 on: August 10, 2011, 09:33:27 PM »
Any chance of locking this thread.
The looters are looking quite mature in comparison at the moment.
Anyone who can remember the dog heads arrogance of the 90"s will remember the amount of humble pie they ate in subsequent years.
We are Albion. luckily for us.......
They are wulvz..and all that goes with it.
Let the footie do the talking.

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #739 on: August 10, 2011, 09:34:48 PM »
Not here to argue regardless of what people may think from my previous posts.

We both have differing opinions on our clubs, sides, stadiums, staff etc etc and so we should!

I personally think you'll have a harder season, I don't think Odemwingie can sustain the form he did last season but that's just what I think, none of you have addressed the question I've been trying to ask though from the beginning and that is, you had the 2nd worst defence in the league, what have you done to really improve this this summer?

Also I just want to know why people think Long will be such a hit?
Tchoyi isn't that good IMO, Cox... goal of the month? That doesn't mean anything about his ability as back up.

I think we'll do better than last season but I know you'll disagree, that's rivalry for you.

Look based on the comments I've read from you I can see you clearly have issues. A typical DINGLE who is so deluded its beyond belief. You obviously overate your team as you scraped relegation by what 3 minutes last season. You wanted 'merlin mick' out after 10 games, he was god by the 20th, wanted back out by the 30th and come the last game was a god again.

You never fail to amuse me and are always living up to your DINGLE tags as the levels of intelligence amongst you are simply hilarious. Every club in the Midlands knows you as DINGLES as your hilariously low levels of intelligence are known across the region and you can't deny that.

Please do keep posting on here please because I do always need a good laugh every day.

merlin_mick

« Reply #740 on: August 10, 2011, 09:35:06 PM »

For scoring goals? I think the fact Fletcher is now settled when playing is a huge factor and will help him bag a fair few more goals this season, when Fletcher first started playing he wasn't scoring because he was always in and out of the team and I think that done something to his confidence but towards the end of the season he was banging them in when playing week in, week out... got them two nice ones against you  ;D

If your on about the defence? Then we've signed Roger Johnson who is a class act and easily premiership quality, people can say that he was in a relegated side and yes, that's true but the matter of the fact is Birmingham's problem was scoring goals rather than conceding. With RJ now our new captain he can see everything in front of him and direct the other players easier, I think he's got to be a better leader than KH.

Is that answered for you?  :-*

Baggiee_Boyy_Benn

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #741 on: August 10, 2011, 09:38:57 PM »
For scoring goals? I think the fact Fletcher is now settled when playing is a huge factor and will help him bag a fair few more goals this season, when Fletcher first started playing he wasn't scoring because he was always in and out of the team and I think that done something to his confidence but towards the end of the season he was banging them in when playing week in, week out... got them two nice ones against you  ;D

If your on about the defence? Then we've signed Roger Johnson who is a class act and easily premiership quality, people can say that he was in a relegated side and yes, that's true but the matter of the fact is Birmingham's problem was scoring goals rather than conceding. With RJ now our new captain he can see everything in front of him and direct the other players easier, I think he's got to be a better leader than KH.

Is that answered for you?  :-*
Vela's goal aw wow. Great finish.

merlin_mick

« Reply #742 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:14 PM »
Vela's goal aw wow. Great finish.

What exactly do you mean by that comment?
Vela scored against us? Yes, yes he did and you did draw with us... Well done.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #743 on: August 10, 2011, 09:44:12 PM »
That does answer my question thanks.
I think you've got a class signing in Foster, think he'll save you some points tbf.

I think Long's a good player but I suppose it's a case of can he step it up in the prem? We'll have to see.
I also have to admit you have a very good manager in Roy. Will be an interesting season.

:o  A sensible answer!!  :o

WSBaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #744 on: August 10, 2011, 09:45:52 PM »
I quite rate O'Hara but he went missing for the main part of the season when the dingles needed big performances, scored a goal against us and did nothing much more as far as I'm concerned.

westparkwolf

« Reply #745 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:08 PM »
Don't forget we've also brought back the Hoff from Duisberg to further bolster our attacking options, and let me tell you, his loan spell has given the big man a new lease of life. He looked awesome against Real Zaragoza in our comfortable 2-0 victory. You better pray he doesn't come on at your place because I can see him tearing your defense apart.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #746 on: August 10, 2011, 09:50:35 PM »
I actually think both Albion and Wolves will have better seasons this year,probably enough to keep out of trouble.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #747 on: August 10, 2011, 09:52:35 PM »
Don't forget we've also brought back the Hoff from Duisberg to further bolster our attacking options, and let me tell you, his loan spell has given the big man a new lease of life. He looked awesome against Real Zaragoza in our comfortable 2-0 victory. You better pray he doesn't come on at your place because I can see him tearing your defense apart.
"His loan spell has given him a new lease of life".......and you can tell this from a friendly?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Kicking Pigeons

« Reply #748 on: August 10, 2011, 09:55:15 PM »
"His loan spell has given him a new lease of life".......and you can tell this from a friendly?
Of course. I'm shaking in my boots already ::).

j2burnz

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #749 on: August 10, 2011, 09:56:45 PM »
Two Dingles are walking round the Mander Centre in Wolverhampton when one says "Is there a B & Q in Wolverhampton ?" "I dunno" replies the other Dingle " But there are two D's in Dudley"