Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2083149 times)

lewisant

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #675 on: August 10, 2011, 03:11:04 PM »
I'm right though. You may have "only" paid £2m for Odemwingie, but all you've got is an aging player who from now on will get worse with each game. You'll need a lot more during your upcoming difficult second season. Oh that's right, you've just bought Shane Long, a.k.a. "The Poor Man's Kevin Doyle".

And you can bang on about league placings all you want. Interesting how you all continue to ignore the two most important matches from last season where you were outplayed and outfought on all fronts. You only just scraped a draw at the Poorthorns, and even then you had to be rescued by a player you borrowed from Arsenal.

And a player you'd borrowed from Tottenham scored your only goal. Poothorns?! Really, okay i'll sink to the level of intelligence you molinpoo lot have.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Legend

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #676 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:21 PM »
I'm right though. You may have "only" paid £2m for Odemwingie, but all you've got is an aging player who from now on will get worse with each game. You'll need a lot more during your upcoming difficult second season. Oh that's right, you've just bought Shane Long, a.k.a. "The Poor Man's Kevin Doyle".

And you can bang on about league placings all you want. Interesting how you all continue to ignore the two most important matches from last season where you were outplayed and outfought on all fronts. You only just scraped a draw at the Poorthorns, and even then you had to be rescued by a player you borrowed from Arsenal.

Did you end up buying the DVD of your cup final? It's not often you beat us so i hope you make the most of it. We like to do our bit to help the less fortunate Midland teams like yourselves.  ;)
the regime don't like it man

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #677 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:48 PM »

we can bang on about league positions all we want?  You are an idiot.

The fact is nobody knows about this season yet, it is all opinion. The facts are we were the better side last year.

At the hawthornes we dominated second half, we just couldnt score until our borrowed Vela cancelled out your borrowed O'Hara.

You deserved to win at the molineux, mostly because we were so poor for 50 minutes.  However we had nothing to play for and still pretty much controlled the  second half.

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #678 on: August 10, 2011, 03:26:35 PM »

Mate its getting cringeworthy, please stop it because my insides are hurting from the laughter. Anyone would have thought that you had a good season or that you have masivley improved your squad. If Johnson gets injured you still have the same team that collapsed against Blackburn on the last day so stop being so deluded.

If im honest i think we will both be safe because the threee teams coming up are very weak

wba1993dave

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #679 on: August 10, 2011, 03:29:14 PM »
Has fletcher played champions league football and scored 2 at the san siro ?
BOING BOING

castlebaggiefan2011

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #680 on: August 10, 2011, 03:33:32 PM »
Mate its getting cringeworthy, please stop it because my insides are hurting from the laughter. Anyone would have thought that you had a good season or that you have masivley improved your squad. If Johnson gets injured you still have the same team that collapsed against Blackburn on the last day so stop being so deluded.

If im honest i think we will both be safe because the threee teams coming up are very weak
i totally agree with you that persons statement was laughable only wolves fans would trade a fantastic league position for two games that we didnt care that much about and at home we bearly turned up and still got a draw shows the quality of the s***
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want:
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; he leadeth me
The quiet waters by.

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #681 on: August 10, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »
I don't know why people are so bothered anyway. Villa have been and always will be our true rivals.

Truth is Wolves are an inconvenience and it is clear that Wolves fans are obsessed over us and really they should be concentrating on the bigger picture and getting behind their team.

Wolves have spent millions over the years compared to us and yet we still have the last laugh.

Wolves will never ever live down the great surrender season of 2002 and trust me that hurts them more than anything.

Baggies are and always will be the true class of the Black Country.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #682 on: August 10, 2011, 03:50:20 PM »
Outplayed and outfought at the Hawthorns, are you deluded.You were probably the most defensive team i had seen at our place last season.From what i can remember of your play it was non productive, a bit of neat passing in your own half and that was it, then we completely took control  in the second half.
At you place it was a game of 2 halves.If we had turned up you would be playing championship football now.It was probably our worst display of the season.All we had to do was go up a few gears and we would have blown you out of sight.Its just that our players went on holiday sooner rather than later.

I am sure our players will be aware this season.Bring it on 
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

westparkwolf

« Reply #683 on: August 10, 2011, 04:11:36 PM »
And a player you'd borrowed from Tottenham scored your only goal. Poothorns?! Really, okay i'll sink to the level of intelligence you molinpoo lot have.

We signed O'Hara so it's different. There's no way you could afford Vela, and even if you could I doubt he would want to move to Birmingham's third club on a permanent basis.

Did you end up buying the DVD of your cup final? It's not often you beat us so i hope you make the most of it. We like to do our bit to help the less fortunate Midland teams like yourselves.  ;)

DVD? Lolno. The civilised world has moved on to blu-ray. What are you lot using over there, still on betamax I imagine? ;D

we can bang on about league positions all we want?  You are an idiot.
The fact is nobody knows about this season yet, it is all opinion. The facts are we were the better side last year.
At the hawthornes we dominated second half, we just couldnt score until our borrowed Vela cancelled out your borrowed O'Hara.
You deserved to win at the molineux, mostly because we were so poor for 50 minutes.  However we had nothing to play for and still pretty much controlled the  second half.

Don't have a go at me. All I'm hearing is 11th! 11th! Yet when we played each other we came out on top. Funny that.

This is no laughing matter. I'm only pointing out that Odemwingie is not a young man. You'll have to face up to this sooner rather than later.

Has fletcher played champions league football and scored 2 at the san siro ?

Now you're bragging about what he did when he was in his 20's before he'd even joined you? I'm sure all his past success will be of great comfort after you've been relegated. Fletcher's time will come, Odemwingie's glory years are behind him. I'm sorry but it's the truth.

i totally agree with you that persons statement was laughable only wolves fans would trade a fantastic league position for two games that we didnt care that much about and at home we bearly turned up and still got a draw shows the quality of the s***

We were very unlucky with injuries, plus the added pressure and negative bias thanks to our percieved "dirty" tag which cost us points over the course of the season. If it wasn't for this I am sure we would have finished much higher. Even esteemed pundits like Mark Lawrenson and Alan Hansen said we were a better team than our league position suggested, along with managers like Harry Redknapp and Sir Alex Ferguson. You can't argue with that kind of praise.

Wolves will never ever live down the great surrender season of 2002 and trust me that hurts them more than anything.

This says it all really. We've won English 1st Division titles at your expense, while your great victory over us is beating us to second place in the Championship?  ::)

Outplayed and outfought at the Hawthorns, are you deluded.You were probably the most defensive team i had seen at our place last season.From what i can remember of your play it was non productive, a bit of neat passing in your own half and that was it, then we completely took control  in the second half.
At you place it was a game of 2 halves.If we had turned up you would be playing championship football now.It was probably our worst display of the season.All we had to do was go up a few gears and we would have blown you out of sight.Its just that our players went on holiday sooner rather than later.

I am sure our players will be aware this season.Bring it on

Then why didn't you? It's all ifs and buts mate. You lost.

If your players aren't up for a derby game then you need to start worrying. Mick wouldn't tolerate that kind of complacency, and it might be a sign of Roy's shortcomings if you lost despite us being there for the taking.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #684 on: August 10, 2011, 04:17:24 PM »
We signed O'Hara so it's different. There's no way you could afford Vela, and even if you could I doubt he would want to move to Birmingham's third club on a permanent basis.

raised some interesting points! the only one that i had any real complaints which wernt based on ifs buts candy and nuts was this one. Carlos Vela could not get in our team when all were fit! we thank him for 2 very important goals one against you and one at stoke. why would we buy him at stupid money to sit on the bench?
O Albion we love you

Tipton Baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #685 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:12 PM »
Birminghams 3rd club?, another one thats thick as pig ****

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #686 on: August 10, 2011, 04:23:35 PM »
For what its worth i think Wolves have a better team than what they showed last season but Fletcher over Odemwingie as he is 30? So you would pick Fletcher over 33 year old Drogba too?...........if you want to bring up Derby games and what Mick would and wouldnt allow do you want to rewind to those 3 or 4 games in a row when Wolves didnt show up against Mowbrays less than brilliant defensive side?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #687 on: August 10, 2011, 04:27:08 PM »
signing O'Hara afterwards does not make it different at all.

beechyboy90

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #688 on: August 10, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
i knew id only have to rip into one point!
jsut not turning up twice doesnt mean nothing!
Albion havent turned up agaisnt stoke in about 20 years ha
Odemwingie is a class act! regardless of age is better and has more goals in him
O Albion we love you

castlebaggiefan2011

• Baby Baggie

« Reply #689 on: August 10, 2011, 04:36:52 PM »
such a bitter wolves fans we beat arsenal and drew to them but they finished 8 places above us funny that we obviously should be champions league this year you beat and drew with us and both were fair resultsbut it doesnt mean your a better team the seasons is 38n games long not two thats why we finished eleventh and were safe two weeks to go and you were lucky to have only lost by one goal and stay up
The Lord's my Shepherd, I'll not want:
He makes me down to lie
In pastures green; he leadeth me
The quiet waters by.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #690 on: August 10, 2011, 04:42:30 PM »
A lot of irrelevant points up there. I'm not interested in Earnshaw or Doyle, I was responding specifically to the comparison between Fletcher and Odemwingie. Not only is Fletcher's strikerate currently better than Odemwingie (don't bother denying it, the facts prove this) but he is only 24 years of age and will be hitting his peak for us when your man has long since left and working as a pundit on Uzbekistan Television. I'm surprised you have the nerve to brag about a player who will start to show his age over the next couple of years. In all likelihood his performances last season will be the best you'll ever see from him. Even if you offered us him for free I wouldn't want him, we're spoilt for choice up front. As well as Fletch we have Doyle, Ebanks-Blake and Ward. Every one of you would kill for those kind of options. In all seriousness, the only player I would have off you lot is Mulumbu. In every other position we have players who are equal, or in most cases, better than yours.

Amidst all this terror and rioting you have really have cheered me up, possibly the funniest thing i've ever read, even by your lots standards that is priceless  ;D

A few more points. You signed o'hara after the season finished so at the time they were both on loan.

Shane long, the poor mans kevin doyle. Errrrrm ok then  ???

And dont even use the excuse of injuries, if you didnt notice our player of the season from the year before was out for most of the season. At times (i.e. fulham away we played with no centre backs) and we never played with a proper RB. So your argument of never having fit players in the right positions doesnt matter in this discussion.

Oh and just because mark 'never got a prediction right in my life' lawrenson says you are better than where you finished doesnt necessarily mean its the gospel honest truth does it. I mean my 2nd cousin twice removed reckons we should win the league, is it going to happen? NO!
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

zac

• Site Donator
  • Youth Baggie

« Reply #691 on: August 10, 2011, 05:00:09 PM »
You can tell its the start of the school holidays.
Smethwick..

RyanCoops

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #692 on: August 10, 2011, 05:24:33 PM »

Don't have a go at me. All I'm hearing is 11th! 11th! Yet when we played each other we came out on top. Funny that.

We beat Arsenal and Liverpool, does that mean that we are a better team than them?
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark. - Muhammed Ali

up_the_baggies

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #693 on: August 10, 2011, 05:30:44 PM »
You Wolves fans have to stop obsessing about your win this season.

At the end of the season, who was struggling to survive?

baggie96

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #694 on: August 10, 2011, 05:59:00 PM »
Odemwingie is far superior to Steven Fletcher. At a similar age odewingie was playing for Lille in the champions league:
attracted the attention of the French Ligue 1 side Lille OSC and before long he was a starter in the first team playing in the French Ligue 1. Famous for his technique and pace, the Nigerian player was being monitored by a number of prestigious European clubs.[5] Odemwingie indicated that he wanted to stay at Lille and help them fight for the league the following season and scored five league goals for them in the 2006–07 season[citation needed] as well as two against A.C. Milan at the San Siro to take Lille to the UEFA Champions League knockout stages.

merlin_mick

« Reply #695 on: August 10, 2011, 06:15:38 PM »
This is truly hilarious, you baggies fans never cease to offer me some entertainment and laughter.

The guy who would choose Long over Doyle? Are you serious? That was a personal favourite. Why would you choose Long exactly? =/ Has he been recieving interest from clubs like Juventus and Arsenal? Has he been playing in the prem? Has he had any other interest apart from you before he signed and if so who?... Doyle is clearly better and you know it mate. We all do.

You guys do bang on about 11th, comfortable in 11th yet you had the 2nd worst defence in the league? Tell me about your inspiring signings to improve on that please.

WBA class of the West Midlands? HA! Get back on the moonshine son and sprout some more ludicrous ramblings like that, their highly amusing  :D

Odemwingie is a one season wonder, he'll rot this year and you have Long if he's injured? God, you need all the help you can get.

Foster or Hennessey? Foster
Shorey or Elokobi? Elokobi
Tamas or Johnson? Johnson
Olssen or Stearman? Olssen
Reid or Foley / Zubar? Foley / Zubar
Thomas or Jarvis? Jarvis
Dorrans or O'Hara? O'Hara
Mulumbu or Henry? Mulumbu
Brunt or Hunt? Hunt
Long or Doyle? Doyle
Odemwingie or SEB? Not sure, it's close.

There's not much in it.

merlin_mick

« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2011, 06:20:31 PM »
11th!  :o

johnny Cash

• WBA Coach

« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2011, 06:23:20 PM »
Odemwingie or Seb - not sure its close.

that is ridiculous.

As is saying Long is better than Doyle at this point in time.

RyanCoops

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #698 on: August 10, 2011, 06:24:06 PM »
This is truly hilarious, you baggies fans never cease to offer me some entertainment and laughter.

The guy who would choose Long over Doyle? Are you serious? That was a personal favourite. Why would you choose Long exactly? =/ Has he been recieving interest from clubs like Juventus and Arsenal? Has he been playing in the prem? Has he had any other interest apart from you before he signed and if so who?... Doyle is clearly better and you know it mate. We all do.

You guys do bang on about 11th, comfortable in 11th yet you had the 2nd worst defence in the league? Tell me about your inspiring signings to improve on that please.

WBA class of the West Midlands? HA! Get back on the moonshine son and sprout some more ludicrous ramblings like that, their highly amusing  :D

Odemwingie is a one season wonder, he'll rot this year and you have Long if he's injured? God, you need all the help you can get.

Foster or Hennessey? Foster
Shorey or Elokobi? Elokobi
Tamas or Johnson? Johnson
Olssen or Stearman? Olssen
Reid or Foley / Zubar? Foley / Zubar
Thomas or Jarvis? Jarvis
Dorrans or O'Hara? O'Hara
Mulumbu or Henry? Mulumbu
Brunt or Hunt? Hunt
Long or Doyle? Doyle
Odemwingie or SEB? Not sure, it's close.

There's not much in it.

Wow. Just leave now.
I'm so fast that last night I turned off the light switch in my hotel room and got into bed before the room was dark. - Muhammed Ali

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #699 on: August 10, 2011, 06:26:02 PM »

Can I ask where, when and who said class of the midlands? I think you need to re-read what was said. Class of the black country was I think the words used.

And i think we all know how wolves like to think they are a black country team.  ;D

It shows how much you are actually worried about us next season by spouting rubbish on a west brom forum.

Either that or you are really obsessed with us!