Author Topic: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves  (Read 2070291 times)

WBASPE77

• WBA Manager

Re: Dingle watch - Anything Wolves
« Reply #600 on: August 08, 2011, 08:49:19 AM »
I wouldnt say those four clubs are miles ahead in class, I would say that there isnt a much difference between those four clubs and clubs like Fulham.
WBAFC
MIB
Chester FC
Rangers FC

kris_boing

• WBA Manager

« Reply #601 on: August 08, 2011, 09:23:33 AM »
I'd say the top 7 is nailed on to be Utd, Chelsea, Man City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs and Everton but below them its very much anyones.

Sunderland, Villa, Bolton, us, Wolves, Stoke, Fulham , Blackburn, Wigan, Newcastle theres not that much between any of them and I reckon there'll be a good scrap there and none will fear the other.

Norwich, Swansea and QPR will almost certainly struggle but one may emerge.

Its going to be a great season.

Jack Russell

• WBA Coach

« Reply #602 on: August 08, 2011, 10:40:59 AM »
The dingles will win the premiership then go on to win the Champions league and Messi will be transferred there the season after next
WOOF WOOF  I always come I always care but sometimes bite

BaggieBirdRus

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #603 on: August 08, 2011, 11:37:43 AM »
The dingles will win the premiership then go on to win the Champions league and Messi will be transferred there the season after next

You've been playing fifa too much!  ;D
Ohhhhh Albion we love you!

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #604 on: August 08, 2011, 02:31:44 PM »
They had O'Hara last season (who did nothing other than score one goal in their cup final) and have replaced their reserve keeper with a new one from Swansea, so on that basis they believe the signing of Roger Johnson is enough to lift them from being one of the worst teams in the league to pushing for Europe? :-\

Clowns. Absolute clowns.

O'Hara came in having not played for 6 months + and not being fully fit after a back injury, his form at times was patchy as a result of this but no one can deny, even you lot that on occasions he showed flashes of brilliance and a full pre-season down him should pay dividends. Likewise with Doyle and Hunt.

Last season we had terrible luck with injuries. All of Doyle, Hunt, Henry, Fletcher, Zubar and Guedioura all spent long parts of the season out to name a few, let alone some of the niggling ones. Fletcher who practically kept us up alone started no more than 15 games. Hunt whose goal saved us never managed to nail down regular starts due to his own injury problems. Add all this to the signing of Johnson (probably not good enough for you lot granted.... ::)), the one beaming weak link and it sets us up nicely. Bearing all this in mind we are set to go allot stronger than we finished.

The 10th spot is very wishful thinking I agree, and would be happy to just survive for the 3rd consecutive year but what is wrong with abit of ambition and wanting to higher ourselves? But I have to say the way some of you lot dismiss us is really funny.  Having read this thread the majority of you clearly think you are superior and only a very small minority of our players would make your bench  :o

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #605 on: August 08, 2011, 02:33:08 PM »
O'Hara came in having not played for 6 months + and not being fully fit after a back injury, his form at times was patchy as a result of this but no one can deny, even you lot that on occasions he showed flashes of brilliance and a full pre-season down him should pay dividends. Likewise with Doyle and Hunt.

Last season we had terrible luck with injuries. All of Doyle, Hunt, Henry, Fletcher, Zubar and Guedioura all spent long parts of the season out to name a few, let alone some of the niggling ones. Fletcher who practically kept us up alone started no more than 15 games. Hunt whose goal saved us never managed to nail down regular starts due to his own injury problems. Add all this to the signing of Johnson (probably not good enough for you lot granted.... ::)), the one beaming weak link and it sets us up nicely. Bearing all this in mind we are set to go allot stronger than we finished.

The 10th spot is very wishful thinking I agree, and would be happy to just survive for the 3rd consecutive year but what is wrong with abit of ambition and wanting to higher ourselves? But I have to say the way some of you lot dismiss us is really funny.  Having read this thread the majority of you clearly think you are superior and only a very small minority of our players would make your bench  :o

That's a bad thing?

In fact I seem to remember your form was considerably better without him.

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #606 on: August 08, 2011, 02:37:14 PM »
That's a bad thing?

In fact I seem to remember your form was considerably better without him.

That is infact a very good point, in terms of the form but in which ever way you look at it he was the clubs captain.

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #607 on: August 08, 2011, 02:39:12 PM »
That is infact a very good point, in terms of the form but in which ever way you look at it he was the clubs captain.

But your whole team performed better without him as captain, so what difference does it make?!
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #608 on: August 08, 2011, 02:42:39 PM »
I think Henry is one of those cases were the player undoubtedly did well, and has been very well rewarded for it, but if Wolves really want to progress you've got to leave players like him by the wayside.

I wonder if he was signed on a free from Belgium for instance and put in the same performances, whether he would still be anywhere near the starting eleven. Still the fact he's had his captaincy taken off him would suggest MM doesn't consider him definite starting material anymore, which can only be a good thing for your point of view. Someone like Hitzlsperger, with O'Hara alongside would make for a very good partnership, if a bit attacking.

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #609 on: August 08, 2011, 02:44:09 PM »

Everyone can point to significant injuries at key points of their season, hence it being a good squad that gets you through to the finishing post. For what it is worth, I think that we are both in the "possibly dragged into a relegation battle category" but am more confident of staying in the Premiership this season than last (and look how well we finished then  ;D)

.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #610 on: August 08, 2011, 02:49:12 PM »
But I have to say the way some of you lot dismiss us is really funny.  Having read this thread the majority of you clearly think you are superior and only a very small minority of our players would make your bench  :o

The league table doesn't lie, 11th > 17th, therefore we are superior.

I'd take Fletcher or Doyle in a heartbeat. As midfield is our strongest area I'd take Jarvis but that's it. I'd possibly take Foley and Elokobi as back up and I certainly wouldn't take Hennessey over Ben Foster.

Sorry if you're suffering from green envy but I would suggest if you polled every fan in the country, at least 70% (and that's being conservative) would say Albion are a better team than W*lves, with a better manager.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #611 on: August 08, 2011, 02:54:50 PM »

I'd take Fletcher or Doyle in a heartbeat. As midfield is our strongest area I'd take Jarvis but that's it. I'd possibly take Foley and Elokobi as back up and I certainly wouldn't take Hennessey over Ben Foster.

Sorry if you're suffering from green envy but I would suggest if you polled every fan in the country, at least 70% (and that's being conservative) would say Albion are a better team than W*lves, with a better manager.

Its not often i agree with you :D
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejules

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #612 on: August 08, 2011, 02:55:46 PM »

"Yeah but Wolves are a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and we spend more money and we invented European football in the 50s and we invented floodlights and oh yeah Steve Bull played for England. Am I obsessed? I'm not obsessed am I? Albion fans am just jealous of our bigger fanbase and all our money and our better history. When was the last time Albion won the Sherpa Van Trophy?"

MICKYMEL

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #613 on: August 08, 2011, 02:59:48 PM »

I agree re Doyle/Fletcher and Foley but Elokobi is just a big lump who cannot play football.  Jarvis is not better than Thomas or Brunt in my opinion.
Would certainly like Johnson though.
Whenever we are playing badly, just remember -
Paul Chrichton,Neil Parsley, Andy Mcdermott, Scott Darton, Winston White,Mark Angel, Fabian DeFreitas, Paul Williams......now, do you feel better?

DJ EmmJee

• WBA Manager

« Reply #614 on: August 08, 2011, 03:03:18 PM »
Having read this thread the majority of you clearly think you are superior and only a very small minority of our players would make your bench  :o

I keep hearing this noise coming out of your lot's toothless, festering pie holes, on here and other boards.

It's reminiscent of a nutter sitting in a dark room, clutching a teddy bear with an eye and a leg missing, repeatedly murmuring "I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy, I am not crazy."

Ultimate in denial. Fletcher and Jarvis would get on our bench. That's it. No matter how many times you try and force an idea home, it won't become true.

Alas, whilst your hear, what is the Mick Out/Mick In rota saying this week? Are you happy with him, or want to skin him alive and roast his knackers on a camp fire on Asda car park this week? I only ask as it's ridiculously hard to keep track.
Thou shalt not maketh jokes. This used to be the best board, I'd ever been on.

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #615 on: August 08, 2011, 03:12:09 PM »

You finished 7 points ahead of us; you were two wins and a draw better than us. Balance that out with the 4 points we took off you, and I hardly think that equals in you being superior to us. I think it suggests you were more consistent and reaped the rewards of having better management than us.

Oh and feel free to take big George  ;)

"Yeah but Wolves are a bigger club with a bigger fanbase and we spend more money and we invented European football in the 50s and we invented floodlights and oh yeah Steve Bull played for England. Am I obsessed? I'm not obsessed am I? Albion fans am just jealous of our bigger fanbase and all our money and our better history. When was the last time Albion won the Sherpa Van Trophy?"

Bang on. Wimabigclub.

Jarvis is not better than Thomas or Brunt in my opinion.

Brunt is an unfair comparison IMO as id love him in central midfield and i seriously beg to differ about Thomas, certain case of bias there.

Ultimate in denial. Fletcher and Jarvis would get on our bench. That's it.
Superb, seriously - superb  ;D

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #616 on: August 08, 2011, 03:16:31 PM »
I agree re Doyle/Fletcher and Foley but Elokobi is just a big lump who cannot play football.  Jarvis is not better than Thomas or Brunt in my opinion.
Would certainly like Johnson though.

I actually forgot about Johnson, who I would also take.

With regards Elokobi, I'd take him as a squad player as left back is probably our weakest area IMO.

You finished 7 points ahead of us; you were two wins and a draw better than us. Balance that out with the 4 points we took off you, and I hardly think that equals in you being superior to us. I think it suggests you were more consistent and reaped the rewards of having better management than us.

No matter what spin you put on it, the bits in bold above clearly mean, on some level, you have accepted we are better than you. Hopefully one day you can find the courage to come out of denial and admit it. :-*

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #617 on: August 08, 2011, 03:24:35 PM »
Trying to be unbiased I would say if you  made a combined team it would look something like:

------------------------------Foster---------------------------------
-Foley/Reid----Johnson-----------Olsson------------Shorey--
-Brunt------------O'Hara-----------Mulumbu---------Jarvis----
------------------Odemwingie-----Doyle--------------------------

Fairly even, good team actually.

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #618 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:05 PM »
Trying to be unbiased I would say if you  made a combined team it would look something like:

There's no way O'Hara is better than Dorrans, other than that can't argue with much.

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #619 on: August 08, 2011, 03:27:35 PM »
Do you now need to register to access the Wolf?
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #620 on: August 08, 2011, 03:28:22 PM »
If Dorrans has a good season this year i'd agree, but considering last year he had the whole personal stuff hanging over him, and missed a lot injured when he just came into form, i'd have to go O'Hara based on his form for Portsmouth, and doing quiet well for Wolves.

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #621 on: August 08, 2011, 03:51:14 PM »
No matter what spin you put on it, the bits in bold above clearly mean, on some level, you have accepted we are better than you. Hopefully one day you can find the courage to come out of denial and admit it. :-*

I am not in denial, or trying to put any kind of spin on it. You were the better out of the two sides last year, no complaints or arguments, but to come out with things like superior is way OTT. I don’t believe there is a great deal between the sides placed 10-17th in general, last season and in many of the past seasons and at various times of the season all look at some point doomed.

Can’t really argue with that.

baggieboyjop

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #622 on: August 08, 2011, 03:54:38 PM »
you are superior and only a very small minority of our players would make your bench  :o

You said it  ;)

Will you please enlighten me as to how your argument makes sense?? Your argument is flawed if you attempt to use the statements in bold as part of your argument. You say we are more consistent, have a better manager and we finished 7 points above you and then you try and say we are not better  ???

If i had to answer honestly, right now there isnt too much between us in terms of size of club as we are both still looking to survive, i simply believe we on the whole have better players, a better manager and have better potential as a club
I hate stoke, i hate newcastle more than i hate stoke, i hate andy carrol more than i hate newcastle, i hate v*lla more than i hate andy carrol but i hate the dingles most of all. Albion till i die

Steven Fletcher

« Reply #623 on: August 08, 2011, 04:02:15 PM »
If i had to answer honestly, right now there isnt too much between us in terms of size of club as we are both still looking to survive, i simply believe we on the whole have better players, a better manager and have better potential as a club

My argument is of the 'superior' statements. As i have already said, last season you were better and more consistent. On the whole I don’t believe you have better players, i think as posted with the two sides into one it is fairly balanced. You certainly have a better manager, but in terms of potential I completely disagree. We have a bigger fan base and a chairman willing to spend money on and off the pitch, as already proved.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:04:15 PM by Steven Fletcher »

phbaggies

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #624 on: August 08, 2011, 04:08:33 PM »
My argument is of the 'superior' statements. As i have already said, last season you were better and more consistent. On the whole I don’t believe you have better players, i think as posted with the two sides into one it is fairly balanced. You certainly have a better manager, but in terms of potential I completely disagree. We have a bigger fan base and a chairman willing to spend money on and off the pitch, as already proved.
You have a richer chairman yes

Bigger fan base??? Based on your ground being bigger, you get higher attendances I agree, but fan base?? Considering we are 'just a town' and you a so called city I would say the fan base is pretty even!!
12/02/12 - wo1ve5 #weshouldhavehadten