Author Topic: Tony Pulis  (Read 5162514 times)

Sessegod

• Youth Baggie

Re: Tony Pulis
« Reply #10875 on: August 31, 2016, 07:20:20 PM »
We are going to need Pulis more than ever if the situation stays the same.

I think you are right.
Even Cillit would have banged that one in..

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10876 on: August 31, 2016, 07:22:14 PM »
for me he gets his contract period and thats it, if hes still here this time next year surely season ticket sales will drop
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10877 on: August 31, 2016, 07:32:37 PM »
That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.  It's more likely that we just aren't meeting the requirements needed to sign these players.  Way more likely than some kind of elaborate ruse.

Let me explain, I think he's after Carvalho, with Camacho being the safety net. There will be a time when he either gets Carvalho or he defaults to Camacho, only offering £15 million for Camacho buys some time to wait for Carvalho. I suspect we'll find out the outcome within the next hour.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10878 on: August 31, 2016, 07:36:32 PM »
I worry that Puils has sanctioned the likes of today's signings if no major signings come through the door in the nest few hours. Nothing done today will help his plea to improve the first team and, from a fans point of view, absolutely nothing will improve us going forward.

If we are left with just Chadli as an offensive first teamer then you even worry if Puils will play him or give him a free'ish attacking role ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

WBAinDEVON

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10879 on: August 31, 2016, 09:30:35 PM »
been seen close to his home in Bournemouth today according, most likely never even bothered going to the training ground
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 09:35:42 PM by WBAinDEVON »
Born and Bred in Oak Road West Bromwich B71   Est in the swinging sixties

Lloydy

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10880 on: August 31, 2016, 09:33:15 PM »
I honestly think he might walk tomorrow.

Shambolic.
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no shots on target.......

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10881 on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:46 PM »
The worst part is that Pulis consistenly said we need attacking players to improve the group and we got chadli... The whole thing is a farce...We have a chairman who won't sack the manager and a manager who won't resign. How wonderful  :'(

dangerman

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10882 on: August 31, 2016, 09:34:54 PM »
I honestly think he might walk tomorrow.

Shambolic.

If he does it'll end in relegation. I hate to say it, he's the only bloke that could keep this squad up!

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10883 on: August 31, 2016, 09:36:41 PM »
If he does it'll end in relegation. I hate to say it, he's the only bloke that could keep this squad up!

Even then I'd still rather he go. What's the point in staying up if we have to watch his football, which, with the other clubs improving at a greater rate than us, will become even more cynical and negative. No, I'd rather go down at the expense of having a manager with even a vaguely more positive approach.

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10884 on: August 31, 2016, 09:37:57 PM »
If he does we are then left with a squad that no decent manager would want to inherit. After 7 years in the prem all of the promoted teams have shown more ambition :(

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #10885 on: August 31, 2016, 09:41:41 PM »
Tony Pulis has more say on transfers than most of our managers in the last 6 years so he has to take a large part of the blame. That said, we simply have no choice no but to keep him now until the end of this season.

Our squad is possibly worse off than it was last season, and so getting rid of a manger who is able to scrape out survival season after season would be madness. If our form drops too far then of course he needs to go but he may well keep us ticking over to survival. It will be horrible, the football will be unwatcahble, the fans will leave in their droves and the feeling at it will not be progressive but I think as a club we have to just suck it up and accept it now.

Tony Pulis is punishment for the poor way the club was run in the final years of Peace rain. Hopefully next summer Gouchan Lei can show the presence of mind that Southampton and Stoke have shown in recent years and move on a manager who could not take us forward.
Boing Boing

AlbionBest

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10886 on: August 31, 2016, 09:42:20 PM »
Even then I'd still rather he go. What's the point in staying up if we have to watch his football, which, with the other clubs improving at a greater rate than us, will become even more cynical and negative. No, I'd rather go down at the expense of having a manager with even a vaguely more positive approach.

After tonight, most of the hope of things changing have all but gone and WHAT IS THE POINT if the negative home not lose mentality continues with an half empty stadium and zero enthusiasm.

So annoyed we have been led down the garden path that quality would come in and things COULD CHANGE.

Maybe Tone will walk now the management have failed to invest ?
Trouble is, who would come in and galvanise our defensive robots ?
BRING BACK THE MIGHTY CRADLEY HEATHENS !

wba_1996

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10887 on: August 31, 2016, 09:43:55 PM »
Matt Wilson ‏@mattwilson_star  5m5 minutes ago
Understand Pulis had a change of heart over Camacho. £15m deal had been agreed #wba

There we go then, everything that is wrong with this dinosaur of a manager. Yet he's perfectly happy giving the go ahead for Robson-Kanu.

Pulis out, genuinely couldn't care less if we're relegated.

BB74

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10888 on: August 31, 2016, 09:44:05 PM »
Odds are shortening on Pulis being the next PL Manager to leave.

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10889 on: August 31, 2016, 09:44:47 PM »
After tonight, most of the hope of things changing have all but gone and WHAT IS THE POINT if the negative home not lose mentality continues with an half empty stadium and zero enthusiasm.

So annoyed we have been led down the garden path that quality would come in and things COULD CHANGE.

Well if he knocked back Camacho as is being reported then he is entirely to blame for us not signing a player with the potential to massively improve the central area of our team

matt_wba912

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10890 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:10 PM »

I do not believe Pullis is getting the most out of this squad

At its best a spine of Foster / Evans & Maculey / Fletcher & Yacob / Rondon & Saido is capable of so much more than scrappy 0-0/1-0's.  I don't believe we're seeing anything like their best

The concern would be that without pullis we return to the experiment of which long term assistant coach fancies trying their hand as manager next

Pullis should and in my view must get more out of this squad than he currently is

SirTonyM

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10891 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:45 PM »
if pulis didn't want camacho then its his own fault. If we are bidding for players and getting them only for pulis to turn it down then what can the scouting team do? I used to think that Pulis only wants domestic players was a smokescreen but having looked at our dealings it seems to ring true.

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10892 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:02 PM »

Roy Hodgson

kirk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #10893 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:32 PM »
Cannot believe Pullis would pull the plug on a player he wants. If he said no then he wasn't wanted in the first place, I would say the players Pullis wanted we have not got. The club has not backed him and I expect him to walk now.
It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

Dan

• WBA Coach

« Reply #10894 on: August 31, 2016, 09:47:51 PM »
A large part of our transfer problems are probably down to him. He only shops in the domestic market and only goes for players familiar to him, and that's become harder and harder to do. Clubs just simply don't have to sell players they don't want to in England anymore, hence the ridiculous bids that need to be made.

If you cut off everyone from abroad, a club like ours will always be severely limited. The modern transfer market left the likes of Pulis behind years ago.

Droitwich Baggie

• Site Donator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #10895 on: August 31, 2016, 09:48:48 PM »
A large part of our transfer problems are probably down to him. He only shops in the domestic market and only goes for players familiar to him, and that's become harder and harder to do. Clubs just simply don't have to sell players they don't want to in England anymore, hence the ridiculous bids that need to be made.

If you cut off everyone from abroad, a club like ours will always be severely limited. The modern transfer market left the likes of Pulis behind years ago.

So did football.

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10896 on: August 31, 2016, 09:50:07 PM »
Tony Pulis has more say on transfers than most of our managers in the last 6 years so he has to take a large part of the blame. That said, we simply have no choice no but to keep him now until the end of this season.

Our squad is possibly worse off than it was last season, and so getting rid of a manger who is able to scrape out survival season after season would be madness. If our form drops too far then of course he needs to go but he may well keep us ticking over to survival. It will be horrible, the football will be unwatcahble, the fans will leave in their droves and the feeling at it will not be progressive but I think as a club we have to just suck it up and accept it now.

Tony Pulis is punishment for the poor way the club was run in the final years of Peace rain. Hopefully next summer Gouchan Lei can show the presence of mind that Southampton and Stoke have shown in recent years and move on a manager who could not take us forward.

Don't need to wait for the summer, if Lai takes over in October, we can bring in additions in January. TBH if it's true that Pulis pulled the plug, then he has been controlling what's going on & he's only got himself to blame. Under JP, we couldn't attract Managers like LVG & AVB, but under Lai we might.
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

addy

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10897 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:01 PM »
It won't last now, tonight would have been final straw for both sides. I imagine he will be gone before January or even sooner, ready for his next club to try and save.

RogerBadoo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #10898 on: August 31, 2016, 09:51:26 PM »
How on earth does Pulis not realise we're agreeing a deal with Malaga? Why not intervene sooner - did he actually expect Slimani and Carvalho? I would have thought we're reaching the point where his position has become untenable? For both sides. Hammond is looking for talent and value abroad Pulis only wants UK based experienced players. What a mess we have got into.

wbawill

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #10899 on: August 31, 2016, 09:53:24 PM »
He must go. I know other people have a say in transfers at the club but he has been granted the most control over transfers of any of our recent head coaches so he must take the blame. He pulled the plug on good players for seemingly no reason other than the fact they've only played abroad and his style of "football" has pushed away many other prospects. For those that disagree with that point, do you think Jack Wilshere turned us down for Bournemouth for financial reasons? I want this dinosaur as far from the club as possible, I cannot stand to see his rubbish any more. **** off, Tony, you're not wanted.