Author Topic: Jeremy Peace  (Read 446561 times)

leeiswba

• Senior Baggie

Re: Jeremy Peace
« Reply #925 on: July 09, 2014, 07:46:20 PM »
The simplest question is overall as a club are we in a better position than when JP first took over?

5 years of premiership football.....no complaints from me.

Sorry state isn't it when fans are more bothered about the accounts than whats happening on the pitch.

I'm not JP's biggest fan at the moment but our most successful period for 3 decades is surely all that matters?

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #926 on: July 09, 2014, 08:22:13 PM »
I would argue that alone Berahino and Thorne combined would be worth £10-12m along with Sinclair, Dhanda and Izzy that could be worth another £2m depending on the Izzy tribunal. Also the likes of Daniels, O'Neil, Roofe, Garmston, Jones and the Nabi brothers are worth money and are future potential starters. Add to this some of the most prolific younger age group teams in the Uk if not Europe and their associated future fees or starting places.

I would say the academy is doing well at the moment and will only improve in the future.
Dhanda and Sinclair have gone for nowt, Izzy I believe is £200k cause he played 1st team, Thorne is deparate to leave and yes maybe 4-5 mill for Saido, but having said that, why clog the squad up with expensive has beens then?
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #927 on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:26 PM »
Sorry state isn't it when fans are more bothered about the accounts than whats happening on the pitch.

I'm not JP's biggest fan at the moment but our most successful period for 3 decades is surely all that matters?

Do you think JP is more bothered about what happens off the pitch or on it?

Successful? surviving isn't success in my books mate.
No matter where I roam, I will come back to the Brummie road, Cause no bonds, can ever tempt me from thee. The Jam (nearly)

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #928 on: July 09, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »
The simplest question is overall as a club are we in a better position than when JP first took over?

5 years of premiership football.....no complaints from me.

No. we're not

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #929 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:07 PM »
Do you think JP is more bothered about what happens off the pitch or on it?

Successful? surviving isn't success in my books mate.

What is your definition of success then?
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

DownInAlbion

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #930 on: July 09, 2014, 08:35:45 PM »
No. we're not

so you rather wouldve been in the championship, or maybe lower, for the past 5 years as long as our non commercial profits were up and we had an extra 1000 fans?

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #931 on: July 09, 2014, 08:41:56 PM »
so you rather wouldve been in the championship, or maybe lower, for the past 5 years as long as our non commercial profits were up and we had an extra 1000 fans?

No, I would rather compete in the Premier league for 5 years, have our non TV revenue higher and have an extra 2000 fans on the gate, which is the chairman's job to do, christ sake he earns £1.3 million quid, what would you prefer?

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #932 on: July 09, 2014, 08:42:36 PM »
If you want to? Can you provide the non tv turnover to compare to other clubs too, just for balance?

It is clear you are unhappy that we have missed out on additional revenue as a club and want to beat JP for that. If it means my season ticket is cheaper,  my programme is cheaper and I can get a new stripey shirt for less and we still compete in the top flight, I tip my hat to him.

yes I can

I'll PM them to you.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #933 on: July 09, 2014, 08:48:51 PM »
What is your definition of success then?

Winning things.

Competing, striving to be as competitive as you possibly can be, winning the "mini" premier league, not being satisfied with your lot and try and continuously improve the circumstance you find yourself in.

Doing everything possible to maximise our supporters experience at the stadium, making sure that, at the end of the season, you can hand on heart say we couldn't have done anymore.

Whats your idea?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #934 on: July 09, 2014, 08:49:21 PM »
No. we're not

You don't think the club is in a better position or state than it was in 2003??

I have read, re-read and then triple read and I'm still confused as too how you can come to that conclusion.

None of your arguments on this thread have made any sense too me they seem purely like bashing the club.

I don't see any sense, point or reason for any of your arguments and from a personal point of view I think your completely and utterly wrong. I think we are light years ahead on and off the pitch from where we were 10 years ago

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #935 on: July 09, 2014, 09:03:27 PM »
You don't think the club is in a better position or state than it was in 2003??

I have read, re-read and then triple read and I'm still confused as too how you can come to that conclusion.

None of your arguments on this thread have made any sense too me they seem purely like bashing the club.

I don't see any sense, point or reason for any of your arguments and from a personal point of view I think your completely and utterly wrong. I think we are light years ahead on and off the pitch from where we were 10 years ago

Yes or No

More supporters in 2003 than last year?

Yes or No

More Non Tv revenue generated in 2003 than 2012?

The fact that the TV money has been used to improve facilities is fine; what I am saying, if he was half decent at his job, it wouldn't have been a case of , either we improve the facilities, or we improve the squad, we should, can and still could be capable of doing both!

His transfer policy is frankly B0ll0x, his methods of management, from an outsider seem to be shaky, and it is my opinion, that he isn't really interested in WBA the football club at all, he's interested in What the Football club can do for him, I hope he reads this, I've been dying for him to put me straight face to face, but he won't.

I think he is a hopeless chairman, that has caught a crest of a wave.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #936 on: July 09, 2014, 09:05:04 PM »
No. we're not

You honestly believe we're not in a better position than 2003?

We have a far higher wage bill now.

We have a vastly superior squad of players now.

We are now entering an unprecedented 5th consecutive season in the Premier League - achieving 11th, 10th and 8th place finishes.

We're making more amounts of money than we did in 2003.

We have far greater facilities than 2003.

We have a much better academy producing players than we did in 2003.

If you don't believe any of the above then I'm quite frankly staggered.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #937 on: July 09, 2014, 09:08:34 PM »
Winning things.

Competing, striving to be as competitive as you possibly can be, winning the "mini" premier league, not being satisfied with your lot and try and continuously improve the circumstance you find yourself in.

Doing everything possible to maximise our supporters experience at the stadium, making sure that, at the end of the season, you can hand on heart say we couldn't have done anymore.

Whats your idea?

In an ideal world yes but winning a competition is unlikely purely because of the amount of competition although cases such as Bradford, Wigan and Birmingham should be a signal for the club to give it a real crack only we know it won't happen.

Secondly, staying in the Premier League is a success as that is our remit - it is also the remit for about 12/13 sides in the division. You talk about the mini league but apart from last season then we've been in the upper echelons of that 'mini league', even 'winning' it two seasons ago.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #938 on: July 09, 2014, 09:09:54 PM »
You honestly believe we're not in a better position than 2003?

We have a far higher wage bill now.

We have a vastly superior squad of players now.

We are now entering an unprecedented 5th consecutive season in the Premier League - achieving 11th, 10th and 8th place finishes.

We're making more amounts of money than we did in 2003.

We have far greater facilities than 2003.

We have a much better academy producing players than we did in 2003.

If you don't believe any of the above then I'm quite frankly staggered.

We don't have significantly more money than we did in 2003

We are making less money bar TV than we did in 2003

Agree the facilities and the acadamy are far better than 2003, but it was Paul Thompson that put those into place.

We don't have a vastly superior squad of players at all than 2003; we have a bunch of junk, tying up wages bar, BF, BM, CY,YM,SS,SB and this vastly superior overpaid bunch will get us relegated.

so no I'll stand by what I said.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:12:26 PM by WestBromJim »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #939 on: July 09, 2014, 09:10:33 PM »
Yes or No

Yes or No

The fact that the TV money has been used to improve facilities is fine; what I am saying, if he was half decent at his job, it wouldn't have been a case of , either we improve the facilities, or we improve the squad, we should, can and still could be capable of doing both!

His transfer policy is frankly B0ll0x, his methods of management, from an outsider seem to be shaky, and it is my opinion, that he isn't really interested in WBA the football club at all, he's interested in What the Football club can do for him, I hope he reads this, I've been dying for him to put me straight face to face, but he won't.

Ahh, a hopeless but lucky chairman.  I suppose that is better than the hopeless and unlucky chairman who run clubs that aren't in the top flight.
.COM, allowing everyone the opportunity to have an opinion.

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #940 on: July 09, 2014, 09:15:19 PM »
Ahh, a hopeless but lucky chairman.  I suppose that is better than the hopeless and unlucky chairman who run clubs that aren't in the top flight.
Yes or no VVV?

are you happy gates have gone down 5%

yes or no?

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #941 on: July 09, 2014, 09:17:37 PM »
are you happy VVV that we have £5.7 million less than what we did then?

yes or no?

BTW, just for your info Pompeys (7 years in Prem) Historical attendance is 13,500 since 2003 till present it's 17,933, they won a cup

Middlesboro you mentioned historically 17,500- 2003 till present 24,256, (7 years in Prem) they won 2!

who else, Wigan there you go: historically 7,000 2003- now 16,010 FA cup (8 years in Prem)

Blues; 21,500 - 2003-present 22,176 (7 years and 1 cup)

Blackpool: 6,000 - 2003 - present 9,503 (1 yr in Prem)
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:25:08 PM by WestBromJim »

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #942 on: July 09, 2014, 09:18:48 PM »

Agree the facilities and the acadamy are far better than 2003, but it was Paul Thompson that put those into place.

We don't have a vastly superior squad of players at all than 2003; we have a bunch of junk, tying up wages bar, BF, BM, CY,YM,SS,SB and this vastly superior overpaid bunch will get us relegated.

Are we making more or less money than in 2003?
Did we stop building in 2003?
Would we sell our current squad for more money than we could have sold the 2003 squad?

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #943 on: July 09, 2014, 09:21:30 PM »
Yes or No

Yes or No

From a supporters point of view I couldn't care less about accounts and how much money we make I'm only interested in what happens on the pitch prior to last season we had some great league table finishes. I find it more interesting that JP took a step back last year and we declined without his Stewardship when others were left to steer us and they failed badly.

I'm not sure what your motives are or your reasons for the posts you keep putting up but I'm not sure they really have any meaning other than too bash a chairman who has overseen vast improvements in this club during his tenure.

Fair play for sticking to your guns but I just don't see any point or reason to your arguments other than a vendetta

its not just the winning thats important...its rubbing the losers face in it after that counts

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #944 on: July 09, 2014, 09:25:49 PM »
Would we sell our current squad for more money than we could have sold the 2003 squad?

It would be close.

When I say close!!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:33:20 PM by WestBromJim »

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #945 on: July 09, 2014, 09:30:11 PM »

commercially No.
stopped building and started buying
Not sure.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #946 on: July 09, 2014, 09:32:18 PM »

This squad is hugely superior to the 2003 squad, you say it's not then name 6 players that make it vastly superior by a long way!! 

You are a confusing person.. Your only 2 arguments are that gates are possibly slightly lower than 2003 and that non TV revenue is lower even though TV revenue is about 10 times higher...

Seriously I don't get your points or what your actually arguing about??

VVVAlbion

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #947 on: July 09, 2014, 09:34:47 PM »
Yes or no VVV?

are you happy gates have gone down 5%

yes or no?

Honestly - I don't really give a monkeys that last season we had an average gate of approximately 1500 less than in 2002/2003 (which has been pointed out on several occasions was our first season in the top flight for over 15 years. It was also an improvement on 2001/2002 by 1500  ;) or up 11000 on 99/00 or down a couple of thousand on 79/80. In fact the attendance has only been bettered on 5 occasions in the last 30 years)

« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 09:43:33 PM by VVVAlbion »

WestBromJim

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #948 on: July 09, 2014, 09:36:58 PM »
This squad is hugely superior to the 2003 squad, you say it's not then name 6 players that make it vastly superior by a long way!! 

You are a confusing person.. Your only 2 arguments are that gates are possibly slightly lower than 2003 and that non TV revenue is lower even though TV revenue is about 10 times higher...

Seriously I don't get your points or what your actually arguing about??

I don't think Jeremy Peace is very good at his job.

I have told you why I don't think he is, I am not arguing, I am stating my point of view, constructing a building don't make him Christopher Wren, it makes him a builder.

tommcneill

• Global Moderator
  • WBA Manager

« Reply #949 on: July 09, 2014, 09:39:42 PM »
You also say the Academy was put in place by Paul Thompson which is true but if a builder puts in footings for a new house but nobody invests in building a house on it then it will goto rack and ruin and become overgrown and return to the ground it once was.

Mistakes have been made without doubt but personally I've been very happy how we progressed under JP. When you understand his financial limitations personally you begin to realise just what a good chairman he has been