Author Topic: Salomon Rondon joins Dalian Yifang  (Read 1123057 times)

vrabbit

• Youth Baggie

Re: Salomon Rondon
« Reply #4350 on: June 14, 2019, 09:08:36 PM »
I am impressed that this back and forth has gone on for so long. If at least it were only entertaining.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4351 on: June 14, 2019, 09:12:46 PM »
I am impressed that this back and forth has gone on for so long. If at least it were only entertaining.

Welcome to my world, I am ready to give up, not because he has changed my mind or anything as he hasn't but purely because I am repeating myself over and over.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2019, 09:16:54 PM by OldburyWBA »
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4352 on: June 14, 2019, 09:16:05 PM »
So what is the difference between the two you mention and Rondon,  other than what you read about the other 2 much more high profile players?

You keep believing what you want about him, and I will continue thinking of him as a mercenary who moves for a better offer at the drop of a hat, even after others stay to try to rectify the situation they crested.

We need new smileys on here.

I have stated more than once why he left Malaga for example and Zenit but you seem to be ignoring it. I also admire you if you are prepared to move to a new employer for less money.

Adebayor received a fine of I think it was £300k for refusing to go on a tour. Anelka had well publicised fall outs with more than one club but I guess its all hearsay.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4353 on: June 14, 2019, 09:40:26 PM »
We need new smileys on here.

I have stated more than once why he left Malaga for example and Zenit but you seem to be ignoring it. I also admire you if you are prepared to move to a new employer for less money.

Adebayor received a fine of I think it was £300k for refusing to go on a tour. Anelka had well publicised fall outs with more than one club but I guess its all hearsay.

I have not ignored that malaga and zenit stuff at all. I have asked you about his other moves.

Plus, you agree about above he would move to Bournemouth, so the bigger club argument fails there.

When you read stuff in the papers, do you think you get the whole story about Adeboyor or Anelka?

I would say clubs, will release what they want to alienate a player from the fans and lessen the fans anger when they leave and players and their agents will release what they want to further their cause, like the release of the £3.5m Evans clause when he was try to get away in the winter window.

It is clear you see him as someone who has a short Career who should move on to better himself, that is your choice.

My opinion of him is different to yours.

You continue to lionise because he said thanks on Facebook or whatever and I continue to think of him as a mercenary who jumped ship ASAP to maintain his salary, rather than help us get back up.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4354 on: June 14, 2019, 09:53:32 PM »
Just wonder if someone like Aaron Ramsey is considered a mercenary? Wasn't offered the money he wanted, leaves club on a free to earn £400k a week at a better club. All the while he would quite happily have stayed at previous club for less money.

On one hand you could argue he's a mercenary, on one hand you could argue Arsenal stupid for not giving him £400k a week themselves, on another hand you can applaud for sticking to their principals.

What you can most certainly say is that Aaron Ramsey would have stayed at Arsenal for a lot less money than he is earning at Juventus. So the whole 'No footballer would turn down more money' argument goes out of the window right there.

There are plenty of mercenaries in football, it's a shame that people think Rondon is one of them based on fabrication.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4355 on: June 14, 2019, 10:04:09 PM »
I have not ignored that malaga and zenit stuff at all. I have asked you about his other moves.

Plus, you agree about above he would move to Bournemouth, so the bigger club argument fails there.

When you read stuff in the papers, do you think you get the whole story about Adeboyor or Anelka?

I would say clubs, will release what they want to alienate a player from the fans and lessen the fans anger when they leave and players and their agents will release what they want to further their cause, like the release of the £3.5m Evans clause when he was try to get away in the winter window.

It is clear you see him as someone who has a short Career who should move on to better himself, that is your choice.

My opinion of him is different to yours.

You continue to lionise because he said thanks on Facebook or whatever and I continue to think of him as a mercenary who jumped ship ASAP to maintain his salary, rather than help us get back up.

I think I have answered everything more than once over and over, somewhere its not sinking in with you though.

No I don't believe everything I read in the papers.

Also the reason I posted the twitter comment was due to you stating he had not mentioned anything about the club or us and then you failing to acknowledge that a Newcastle based paper is only interested in Newcastle related stuff. I do not "lionise" any footballer and have not done since I was a kid which unfortunately was too many years ago.

liverbaggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4356 on: June 14, 2019, 11:50:33 PM »
What's wrong with wanting to earn more money?
How many of us would change companies if offered thousands per week more for basically doing the same job and travelling the world as well.
Loyalty is for the very few.

caravanc58

• Site Donator
  • Senior Baggie

« Reply #4357 on: June 15, 2019, 12:38:06 AM »
What's wrong with wanting to earn more money?
How many of us would change companies if offered thousands per week more for basically doing the same job and travelling the world as well.
Loyalty is for the very few.
Nothing really but we should remember that a lot of good people around the world do charitable work without any financial gain to themselves. I don't think Rondons a mercenary he's getting what he can while he can, any sportsman could pick up a career ending injury anytime.

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4358 on: June 15, 2019, 02:15:57 PM »
I think I have answered everything more than once over and over, somewhere its not sinking in with you though.

No I don't believe everything I read in the papers.

Also the reason I posted the twitter comment was due to you stating he had not mentioned anything about the club or us and then you failing to acknowledge that a Newcastle based paper is only interested in Newcastle related stuff. I do not "lionise" any footballer and have not done since I was a kid which unfortunately was too many years ago.

What's not sinking in, that I don't agree with you?

You started off, by saying he went to Newcastle a bigger club, I countered with he would have gone to Bournemouth if his wage went up, you agreed. So the bigger club argument goes out the window and you are left with he will move to the richer club who will pay his wage demands.

If a Newcastle paper only wrote stuff to do with them then why mention he was training on his own whilst at West brom?

Why would they select that bit only about us and miss out a thank you to us in the very unlikely event he said it to them, if he said it, that made him sound a grateful, good, humble person that would endear him to the Newcastle fans even more.

He thanked us for bringing him to the Premier league, you you posted.

Could it be he didn't give a flying f after he was there and back up to £70k?

Short career agreed, but it's not a career that should incapacitate him from having another career like Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn) becoming a solicitor or John Wile becoming a car salesman or Ally Brown running the supporters club bar, etc, etc. After his football career he will be 35 and not even be middle aged so the world is his oyster.

I don't have a problem with him earning what he does for how long he does, but I as an Albion fan I expected him to be loyal and help get us back up after he helped take us down and one season on £35k a week was not going to starve him and his family for generations to come.

He is no different to the 2 players you have mentioned (BTW can you please provide a link to Adebayor going on strike at Spurs).

Either all 3 are mercanary carlos kickaballs or none of them are.

Just because you didn't read about a transfer request or this or that, doesn't mean he did instigate the move, and again I infer from his training alone he instigated it.

You obviously agree that there are mercanary footballers, but you don't include rondon in your list.

I do.

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4359 on: June 15, 2019, 02:26:17 PM »

You started off, by saying he went to Newcastle a bigger club, I countered with he would have gone to Bournemouth if his wage went up, you agreed. So the bigger club argument goes out the window and you are left with he will move to the richer club who will pay his wage demands.

If a Newcastle paper only wrote stuff to do with them then why mention he was training on his own whilst at West brom?

Why would they select that bit only about us and miss out a thank you to us in the very unlikely event he said it to them, if he said it, that made him sound a grateful, good, humble person that would endear him to the Newcastle fans even more.

Short career agreed, but it's not a career that should incapacitate him from having another career like Stuart Ripley (ex Blackburn) becoming a solicitor or John Wile becoming a car salesman or Ally Brown running the supporters club bar, etc, etc. After his football career he will be 35 and not even be middle aged so the world is his oyster.

I don't have a problem with him earning what he does for how long he does, but I as an Albion fan I expected him to be loyal and help get us back up after he helped take us down and one season on £35k a week was not going to starve him and his family for generations to come.

He is no different to the 2 players you have mentioned (BTW can you please provide a link to Adebayor going on strike at Spurs).

Just because you didn't read about a transfer request or this or that, doesn't mean he did instigate the move, and again I infer from his training alone he instigated it.

You obviously agree that there are mercanary footballers, but you don't include rondon in your list.

I do.

Rondon didn't have a flex down so he'd have been on £70k a week irrespective. This is where your argument falls apart.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4360 on: June 15, 2019, 02:43:27 PM »
I'm not sure this thread is going anywhere right now, let's just sell him and spend the money on 2 or 3 prospects.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4361 on: June 15, 2019, 03:27:03 PM »

I do.

Its not sinking in when you are being given valid reasons why he left both Malaga and Zenit, to you in those cases he is just a mercenary without you looking at the situations at those times, you are blinkered in your view on Rondon for some reason I am wondering if its a personal thing against him.

Yep, he would have gone to Bournemouth as they are a Premier League club, we are not, our club needed his wages off the bill and if Bourmemouth were the only club to come in for him then yep he'd be gone in a deal that suits us and him. If it didn't suit us he wouldn't be allowed to go as is the case with others who are still here and the fact Rondon only went on loan as non-one triggered the fea.

Again a Newcastle paper will print only what is relevant to them, they do not care if he wants to say goodbye to us, its of no interest to them at all whereas him training on a programme given to him by the club will be of interest.

Links can be found through the internet regarding other players, they were used as an example so I am sure you will; be able to find them.

Did you give this much stick to Foster or is it just Rondon  and who is Carlos Kickaballs ?

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4362 on: June 15, 2019, 03:55:28 PM »
Its not sinking in when you are being given valid reasons why he left both Malaga and Zenit, to you in those cases he is just a mercenary without you looking at the situations at those times, you are blinkered in your view on Rondon for some reason I am wondering if its a personal thing against him.

Yep, he would have gone to Bournemouth as they are a Premier League club, we are not, our club needed his wages off the bill and if Bourmemouth were the only club to come in for him then yep he'd be gone in a deal that suits us and him. If it didn't suit us he wouldn't be allowed to go as is the case with others who are still here and the fact Rondon only went on loan as non-one triggered the fea.

Again a Newcastle paper will print only what is relevant to them, they do not care if he wants to say goodbye to us, its of no interest to them at all whereas him training on a programme given to him by the club will be of interest.

Links can be found through the internet regarding other players, they were used as an example so I am sure you will; be able to find them.

Did you give this much stick to Foster or is it just Rondon  and who is Carlos Kickaballs ?

Nothing personal against Rondon, I just see him in the same light you see Anelka and Adebayor (I couldn't find a link re his strike and that is why I asked you for your link of it please?).

You have have explained 2 of his moves, not the rest.

I then asked you about his others where you haven't explained his mercenary actions. You said he moved from kazan to zenit because they were bigger, but you accept he would move to Bournemouth too, so moving to the bigger club argument has little weight, don't you agree?

Why is he any different to the other two you mentioned other than that you have read about their more high profile bigger club players more?

They want higher wages, so does he, so please explain the difference between Anelka and Adebayor and Rondon.

Carlos Kickaball was name coined by Alan Sugar for mercanary players a few years ago.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #4363 on: June 15, 2019, 06:29:34 PM »
Nothing personal against Rondon, I just see him in the same light you see Anelka and Adebayor (I couldn't find a link re his strike and that is why I asked you for your link of it please?).

You have have explained 2 of his moves, not the rest.

I then asked you about his others where you haven't explained his mercenary actions. You said he moved from kazan to zenit because they were bigger, but you accept he would move to Bournemouth too, so moving to the bigger club argument has little weight, don't you agree?

Why is he any different to the other two you mentioned other than that you have read about their more high profile bigger club players more?

They want higher wages, so does he, so please explain the difference between Anelka and Adebayor and Rondon.

Carlos Kickaball was name coined by Alan Sugar for mercanary players a few years ago.

I think I have gone on about his previous moves more than once, maybe you failed to see those comments or chose to ignore them.

Not sure where I said he left one Russian club for another because they were bigger but I did say "I have no idea why he left Rubin Kazan but his club received more money than they paid for him"

Also you keep banging on about Bournemouth and again I quote what I actually said previously "At this stage I couldn't complain if anyone joined Bournemouth over us, they are a Prem club establishing themselves each year whereas we didn't build on what we had."

Again, did you give this much stick to Foster or is just Rondon you have issues with ?

Also there is plenty to find about Anelka and Adebayor if you look.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4364 on: June 15, 2019, 07:22:48 PM »
Good luck to Salomon Rondon and Venezuela, who begin their Copa America 2019 campaign against Peru this evening.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2019, 07:33:26 PM by AlbionFan »
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4365 on: June 15, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
Roma are targeting Salomon Rondon to replace Edin Dzeko this summer.

Source: https://readwestbrom.com/2019/06/14/roma-target-rondon-to-replace-dzeko/?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

tuamigos

• WBA Manager

« Reply #4366 on: June 15, 2019, 10:12:11 PM »
Good luck to Salomon Rondon and Venezuela, who begin their Copa America 2019 campaign against Peru this evening.

Stuff him and Venezuela.
My old man always said 'You can't educate pork!'

albion59

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #4367 on: June 15, 2019, 10:50:44 PM »
why? I've got no loyalty to either and really couldn't care less about either.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4368 on: June 16, 2019, 03:25:14 AM »
I would like to echo Albionfans good luck to Sal and Venezuela.
Sal has done no wrong in my eyes and I hope he scores goals and guarantees that we get 16m for him!
Also the people of Venezuela need some light in their lives and if a cup run brings this - great
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #4369 on: June 16, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
I would like to echo Albionfans good luck to Sal and Venezuela.
Sal has done no wrong in my eyes and I hope he scores goals and guarantees that we get 16m for him!
Also the people of Venezuela need some light in their lives and if a cup run brings this - great

Very well said and put. But some are to shortsighted to see these points
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

RedHead_Baggie

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #4370 on: June 16, 2019, 10:14:19 AM »
Stuff him and Venezuela.

Completely agree, shame the clubs official Twitter feed don't follow the same mindset.

Not sure what it is with Albion fans, way to much sentiment shown. Rondon was a big part of the reason why we got relegated. 24 goals in three years was in no way shape or form good enough and no amount of hard work and running around in circles changes that fact.

I don't recall Rondon wishing Albion good look at any point last season.

Scooby Doo

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4371 on: June 16, 2019, 10:48:05 AM »

2 of them played for Real Madrid?

Supporters of this club have and will always blindly follow some players and chastise others no matter what. Rondon is just one of a number of players in recent times who has received completely unjust criticism.

Gareth Barry when he signed was going to be our Michael Carrick. His legs hadn't gone because he averaged some of the most miles per game recorded by someone the prior season. He was rubbish from the get go and his legs had gone and there was no pace there. Yet some people watched someone totally different to me... and I was fobbed off.

There are players who will always divide fans and ultimately you just have to accept a difference of opinion. Rondon does not fall into that category however and you only have to refer to how well so many different pundits spoke about him last season to realise this. Anyone who fails to appreciate his quality as a footballer simply has an agenda.

For those who say about him not declaring his undying love for the Albion, he's always come across as a very professional and private bloke who stays well out of the press. Total opposite of Ben Foster.

geoff

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4372 on: June 16, 2019, 10:51:33 AM »
Stuff him and Venezuela.

???
Surly even you can see if he plays well & scores goals it helps his price rise.

mulliganstired

• WBA Coach

« Reply #4373 on: June 16, 2019, 11:26:49 AM »
???
Surly even you can see if he plays well & scores goals it helps his price rise.
Just as long as he doesn't get injured

TiptonThrostle

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #4374 on: June 16, 2019, 12:04:53 PM »
Completely agree, shame the clubs official Twitter feed don't follow the same mindset.

Not sure what it is with Albion fans, way to much sentiment shown. Rondon was a big part of the reason why we got relegated. 24 goals in three years was in no way shape or form good enough and no amount of hard work and running around in circles changes that fact.

I don't recall Rondon wishing Albion good look at any point last season.

Exactly this. He amongst others contributed a significant amount in us getting relegated . Poor striker , sell him and move on.