Author Topic: Next manager...  (Read 717979 times)

Dexy

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

Re: Next manager...
« Reply #1250 on: April 09, 2019, 09:57:05 PM »
The club will act now. It's actually ideal for them. They've conveniently left it too late to appoint a 'project' manager, they can even say they tried to change the culture with Moore. We'll get an Allardyce or Moyes on a 3 year deal with a massive bonus to take us up and the cycle begins again.

This is why you never sack someone like Pulis midseason.
Take Allardyce or Moyes now , fed up with these physically and mentally weak players.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Bobby Taylor- Still Super to me.

Mo

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #1251 on: April 09, 2019, 09:58:40 PM »
There has to be someone with authority and presence in that dug out before Saturday. There is a big problem with attitude as the mentality from the top is comfort zone .

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1252 on: April 09, 2019, 10:04:30 PM »
£5 says the clubs idea of sorting this out will be to give Shan an ‘experienced’ assistant.

OldburyWBA

• Administrator
  • WBA Chairman

« Reply #1253 on: April 09, 2019, 10:09:11 PM »
£5 says the clubs idea of sorting this out will be to give Shan an ‘experienced’ assistant.

Which solves little, we need an experienced MANAGER to come in, give a few rollickings and get rid of this comfy culture that has been mentioned over and over for too long now.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

alwaysbilly

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1254 on: April 09, 2019, 10:09:54 PM »
That is the cost effective option so that will happen

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1255 on: April 09, 2019, 10:10:09 PM »
There has to be someone with authority and presence in that dug out before Saturday. There is a big problem with attitude as the mentality from the top is comfort zone .

It is completely down to motivation.  When was the last time we took the game to the opposition?  Look at the money our players have cost compared to dross like Millwall.

Imagine Man City constantly getting caught in possession v Newcastle for example?

It wouldn’t happen.  There is something seriously wrong with preparation. 

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1256 on: April 09, 2019, 10:14:07 PM »
Which solves little, we need an experienced MANAGER to come in, give a few rollickings and get rid of this comfy culture that has been mentioned over and over for too long now.

I agree. That should have been done within 3 days of DM being sacked.

timdon

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1257 on: April 09, 2019, 10:37:47 PM »
The club will act now. It's actually ideal for them. They've conveniently left it too late to appoint a 'project' manager, they can even say they tried to change the culture with Moore. We'll get an Allardyce or Moyes on a 3 year deal with a massive bonus to take us up and the cycle begins again.

This would be a dreadful decision. We are clutching at straws if we even remotely believe we might go up this season. So better to accept it and wait until the summer and get a good youngish manager with a rebuild plan. The board have made a massive cock up of things. To appoint either of those two would just be making things worse. Much worse.

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #1258 on: April 09, 2019, 10:39:30 PM »
First half today there looked to be a massive problem with players' motivation. Far too casual. Second half the motivation on the ball was better, but still lots of passing errors because certain players are just not up to the required standard. You get some players who try a fancy flick, which is great, IF it comes off. But 90% of the time it doesn't, because the said players are not at that standard.

Yes, we need a manager who can motivate and who the players maybe a bit scared of, but that's not enough on its own. You also need a manager who can see deficiencies in the players and works to improve them on the training ground.
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1259 on: April 09, 2019, 10:44:35 PM »
Need a coach that will give these players a good size 10 boot up their fat arses

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1260 on: April 09, 2019, 10:47:04 PM »

I really hope you’re wrong in terms of who will get job but probably won’t be.

As for Pulis, just wish he’d gone the previous summer.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1261 on: April 09, 2019, 11:17:51 PM »
I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Pearson and Shakespeare for the rest of the season.  Am hoping I’m wrong though

ex coseley kid

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1262 on: April 09, 2019, 11:19:34 PM »
Dear god, we are royally screwed. Has Jenkins worked out Darren was not the problem yet?

Rhetorical question.
Head honcho of the Electric Boogie Club, purveyors of (mostly) 70's groove music

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1263 on: April 09, 2019, 11:21:51 PM »
Big Sam into 6/4 ON.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1264 on: April 09, 2019, 11:24:55 PM »
They don't seem srious about SJ so Big Sam will do me for now. With SA i believe we would have a chance in the play-offs.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1265 on: April 09, 2019, 11:28:29 PM »
Big Sam won't work for peanuts and that's all our tight wad Owner is offering. Pearson, Shakespeare or Appleton will be brought In.

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1266 on: April 09, 2019, 11:31:09 PM »
Big Sam won't work for peanuts and that's all our tight wad Owner is offering. Pearson, Shakespeare or Appleton will be brought In.

He doesn’t need to work for peanuts.  A salary for the next 6 weeks plus a big promotion bonus might be enough

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1267 on: April 09, 2019, 11:36:22 PM »
Yep. His going rate for the run in, short term commitment and a bonus if we get back up.

Ross

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1268 on: April 10, 2019, 12:29:11 AM »
Big Sam into 6/4 ON.

Alex Neil now favourite in skybet. But can’t see that happening before Preston somehow 😂

TheJacko2000

• WBA Manager

« Reply #1269 on: April 10, 2019, 12:30:48 AM »
Alex Neil now favourite in skybet. But can’t see that happening before Preston somehow 😂

Paddy Power has Neil priced at 7/4 2nd favourite. Allardyce still odds on.
Proud to be a Baggie. BOING BOING.

Bilston Dan

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #1270 on: April 10, 2019, 12:36:44 AM »
Maybe with the curent situation, big Sam night not be a bad option on a short term. We neeed someone with conviction. No knock on Jimmy Shan, but we need someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe it's not a bad thing we don't go up this season.
"I don't get hangovers, I just feel sick and have a headache"

tex

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1271 on: April 10, 2019, 04:35:46 AM »
clearly the board is totally inept. They have no plan just wait and hope, after the sacking of DM there must have been a plan for succession. This cannot have been promote the youth coach. In most companies this would not have been tolerated, our chairman must have just thrown the towel in.
This is where I have issue with those that still support JP, he took the maximum amount of money and left us with a clueless idiot. He gave all that BS about being in the best interest of the club.

The only thing this lot can do is appoint someone before Saturday, not holding my breath. 

Nice1Cyrille

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #1272 on: April 10, 2019, 04:52:13 AM »
Maybe with the curent situation, big Sam night not be a bad option on a short term. We neeed someone with conviction. No knock on Jimmy Shan, but we need someone who knows what they're doing. Maybe it's not a bad thing we don't go up this season.

Can't see us going up in any situation, we are just not that good a team. If by some miracle we do go up we'll be down again with 2 months to go

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1273 on: April 10, 2019, 07:04:55 AM »
Can you think of a more ludicrous situation than the one we are in now? Fourth in the league, going into the play offs [probably] and no manager to speak off? Only a few games ago, automatic promotion was on the table. Even a chimp can work out what will happen next, we will be dumped out of the play offs by the vile, who will go on and win the final. After the last two performances I would say that the £10m promotion bonus is safe for another year.

At least Peace made decisions, they were normally negative but at least he made them. All this and they want us to pay up for our season tickets in advance of the season even finishing or we have the veiled threat of losing our seat!!

What an absolute bunch of clowns. I hope we do not go up this season as we will be totally humiliated next year by the Premiership.
MAGA!

overseas baggie

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #1274 on: April 10, 2019, 07:31:16 AM »
clearly the board is totally inept. They have no plan just wait and hope, after the sacking of DM there must have been a plan for succession. This cannot have been promote the youth coach. In most companies this would not have been tolerated, our chairman must have just thrown the towel in.
This is where I have issue with those that still support JP, he took the maximum amount of money and left us with a clueless idiot. He gave all that BS about being in the best interest of the club.

The only thing this lot can do is appoint someone before Saturday, not holding my breath.

Not sure about that. 

If Lai offered massively more than anyone else then it’s really not easy to blame Peace for taking it.  If Lai’s offer was in the same ballpark as another offer then I think Peace could be held to account for taking the highest offer rather than the one most likely to benefit the club.  We don’t really know the answer to that.

However, whilst we know that Lai clearly said that he would not be investing new money  and that the club would continue to be run from what it generates, we also know that since he bought, it has become virtually impossible to get funds remitted from China. So he couldn’t have invested new funds even if he’d wanted to.  Fosun are in the same boat now, although they had more money outside of China to start with.

I can accept all of that, but there is one thing that I cannot accept, which is the key decisions made by Lai re personnel, regardless of whether or not he could invest new money.  Not sacking Pulis sooner, appointing Pardew, not sacking Pardew sooner, sacking Moore without a replacement, appointing Terrano, appointing an invisible chairman, being totally invisible himself as owner.  He’s shown no interest in the club and has made bad appointment after bad appointment.  None of those decisions were monetary ones (at least not materially so).  That’s what’s unforgivable.

Lai fully deserves to lose half of his investment, and more.  I really do blame him. I find it very hard to justifiably blame Peace for the decision that he took at that time.