Poll

Should Bilic be sacked?

Yes
5 (2.7%)
No
181 (97.3%)

Total Members Voted: 186

Voting closed: July 30, 2020, 12:43:27 PM

Author Topic: Bilic - back him or sack him?  (Read 14482 times)

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

Bilic - back him or sack him?
« on: July 23, 2020, 12:43:27 PM »
Partisan Baggie and I think Johnny Cash want Bilic sacked. Myself and Partisan agreed to hold a poll on this once the season was over. I think their opinion whilst valid makes no sense and that Bilic has done a great job in difficult circumstances in a tough league. Simple poll to see where the fanbase on here stand.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

Re: Bilic - back him or sack him?
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 01:00:04 PM »
Can we just delete this thread?  It's utterly ridiculous and nobody will seriously entertain it as an idea.  It also makes us look like a right bunch of idiots to the outside world.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:02:26 PM by boinging_along »

BalisPen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 01:01:24 PM »
Partisan Baggie and I think Johnny Cash want Bilic sacked. Myself and Partisan agreed to hold a poll on this once the season was over. I think their opinion whilst valid makes no sense and that Bilic has done a great job in difficult circumstances in a tough league. Simple poll to see where the fanbase on here stand.

He made some truly baffling decisions like starting MP against Huddersfield and playing him at all in all honesty, but he has earnt the opportunity to lead us in the prem, and I think our recruitment owes more to him than to Dowling and Pearce.

Well done Slav, you took us up without a strike force.

Funny that you mention Johnny Cash as I had his Hurt on repeat after the Huddersfield defeat the lyrics " I will let you down
I will make you hurt" were very poignant at the time, but last night they ended that hurt.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 01:07:17 PM by BalisPen »

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2020, 01:08:06 PM »
baggies82 is absolutely correct, we did agree to a poll once our season was over. Very simple really, is Slaven Bilic the right person to take the club forward?

There are many different variables that can be taken into account when making your decision, which I totally appreciate. What I’d say though is take your personal feelings out of the equation and try and answer the pole objectively.

Are we as a club going to pick up enough points next season to stay in the Premier League with Slaven Bilic as manager...?

Many thanks to all who partake in the poll 👍🏻

Madalex85

• WBA Newbie

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2020, 01:25:23 PM »
I lurk on here from time to time but hardly ever post. Social media isn't for me but I just have to say that the reaction from some "fans" on here has been absolutely embarrassing out in the real world. I have no idea what sort of expectations people have from our club but anyone thinking that we have some sort of preordained right to get promotion, win games or play in the Premier league is supporting the wrong club.

I was watching us play back in the 90's when Gould was manager and we got relegated to the Third Division and ended up playing teams like Darlington. Since we started spending more time in the PL than the Championship we've gained an unnerving number of prawn sandwich fans who like the sound of their own voices a tad too much.

We're Albion, we've never done things the easy way, we're a small family club with family values. We don't have means to buy trophies or pay insane wage packets. Our strength is our tight knit nature and doing things "the Albion way". Crawling over the line yesterday was underwhelming but that's about the most Albion thing I can think of. We have a great group of players and an honest hardworking manager and backroom team, and you can see the relief was evident from their passion. Onward and upwards, boinging all the way. COYB.

mifos

• Junior Baggie

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2020, 01:27:58 PM »

Read the question wrong ... was answering 'should Bilic be backed?' ... mods, please cancel or switch my vote

MarkW

• Administrator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2020, 01:29:50 PM »
Read the question wrong ... was answering 'should Bilic be backed?' ... mods, please cancel or switch my vote

We can't do that. You might be able to if the pollster has allowed it
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

He/him

gerry m

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2020, 01:30:12 PM »
Really! The guy gets us into the Premier League in his 1st season( It took Bielsa 2 seasons with Leeds). And some people want him sacked Ha Ha Ha.

LiamTheBaggie

• Administrator
  • WBA Manager

• @westbromcom

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2020, 01:32:52 PM »
One of the worst polls to appear on this forum. A poll on the basis of one individual with a consistent opinion and the other who the topic creator thinks may be in the out camp.

It would be sheer bloody foolishness to part company with Bilić. He has achieved his target within his first season in which we have remained in the top two from September onwards.

I cannot imagine any other football club following a a promotion to the premiership would create a poll to discuss the future of their manager.
Dexy : LiamTheBaggie : MarkW : OldburyWBA
Adder : Hull Baggie : lewisant : Political Cake : tommcneill

Follow WestBrom.com on twitter - https://twitter.com/WestBromcom

KN22

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2020, 01:34:19 PM »
I have voted but am a bit embarrassed by this poll to be honest. There have been some real wobbles recently, that's for sure. However they remain massively outweighed by the positives. I have thoroughly enjoyed the season. From home spankings of Swansea to comfortable away wins at Stoke. To being proud despite defeat at Leeds. The guy has done really well for me. He even got a tune out of HRK...…. (for a short while)  :)

east-stand-nick

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2020, 01:53:19 PM »
What an embarrassing thread. No other words to say really.

baggie53

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2020, 01:56:03 PM »
Can't believe anyone wants Bilic sacked

Who do you think we can attract better than Bilic???
Vorwärts die Breiten Hosen !

baggie38

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2020, 01:56:10 PM »
Embarrassing thread. I have being critical of Billic since the restart but he has done it he has got the club back where it belongs. He has earned his chance to manage in the premier league with us.

The Black Pearl

• WBA Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2020, 01:59:48 PM »
Not even going to grace this thread with a vote, I'm enjoying my day, I steer clear of negative people in my life, if the instigator of this thread ever crosses my path, please keep moving, your not my type of person.
Baggie in Southampton

frazzle

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2020, 02:03:15 PM »
Dumbfounded. The day after we secure automatic promotion in a season where we have been in the top two since September with a squad that was put together with minimal, playing exciting football, led by a manager In his first season in the championship and with our club.

You should honestly be ashamed of yourselves. It’s like a child’s PlayStation game at times on here.

smethwickw

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #15 on: July 23, 2020, 02:04:41 PM »
Is this for real?

The man has got us up a year earlier than the club outlined with one of the worst forward lines we’ve had for years. Yes he's made mistakes and some strange decisions but what manager hasn’t. He’s earned a crack at the Prem and I hope he succeeds. My gut feel however is that he won’t see the season out and I think that would apply to whoever is in charge. Clubs are far too trigger happy when things aren’t going well.
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部    = Lai Guochuan, get out of our club

silver surfer

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #16 on: July 23, 2020, 02:19:24 PM »
I lurk on here from time to time but hardly ever post. Social media isn't for me but I just have to say that the reaction from some "fans" on here has been absolutely embarrassing out in the real world. I have no idea what sort of expectations people have from our club but anyone thinking that we have some sort of preordained right to get promotion, win games or play in the Premier league is supporting the wrong club.

I was watching us play back in the 90's when Gould was manager and we got relegated to the Third Division and ended up playing teams like Darlington. Since we started spending more time in the PL than the Championship we've gained an unnerving number of prawn sandwich fans who like the sound of their own voices a tad too much.

We're Albion, we've never done things the easy way, we're a small family club with family values. We don't have means to buy trophies or pay insane wage packets. Our strength is our tight knit nature and doing things "the Albion way". Crawling over the line yesterday was underwhelming but that's about the most Albion thing I can think of. We have a great group of players and an honest hardworking manager and backroom team, and you can see the relief was evident from their passion. Onward and upwards, boinging all the way. COYB.
Good post, you should do it more often.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2020, 02:20:53 PM »
While i'm not 100% fully bought in or convinced myself to sack someone who got us promoted with that strike force and GK is beyond harsh.

Standaman

• WBA Coach

« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2020, 02:32:04 PM »
It is an entirely valid option. Getting us promoted is different to keeping us in the Premier League. I absolutely guarantee you the Pozzo's would at least consider sacking Bilic as an option. There is no point in spending whatever budget we have in the window to perform an about face and fire Bilic at Christmas and bring in Moyes.

Personally I wouldn't nor will I turn simply if things go pear shaped on our return to the PL. By all means post the poll and I will keep on voting for Bilic all the way through the season come pretty much what may.
Standaman - Born to be a Baggie.

boinging_along

• WBA Coach

« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »
It is an entirely valid option. Getting us promoted is different to keeping us in the Premier League. I absolutely guarantee you the Pozzo's would at least consider sacking Bilic as an option. There is no point in spending whatever budget we have in the window to perform an about face and fire Bilic at Christmas and bring in Moyes.

Personally I wouldn't nor will I turn simply if things go pear shaped on our return to the PL. By all means post the poll and I will keep on voting for Bilic all the way through the season come pretty much what may.

Yup, I would give him next year for sure.  Worst that can happen is relegated, then I would give him another year in the Champ and then take stock.  You've got to give a manager some time and making the step up isn't something that's easy.

mank baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2020, 02:49:29 PM »
More concerned that someone might poach him , hes done everything he was asked to do ..

PartisanBaggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »
More concerned that someone might poach him , hes done everything he was asked to do ..

Delivered the promotion objective. Slaven Bilic’s stock amongst clubs in the Championship will have risen most definitely.

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #22 on: July 23, 2020, 03:15:02 PM »

Great point.

I always have the view that there should be an element of loyalty and he has to have a crack at keeping us up now he has got us here. I wasn't convinced by his record when he came and had Brentford not bottled the last 2 games, it wouldn't have shocked me to see him gone after our inevitable play off semi final exit.

As it happens, we crawled over the line and so absolutely i'm voting stay.

The good news about Bilic's preferred style is that it is fairly modern and if we are clearly still suffering from our 2020 form come November/December, it wouldn't be that hard to for a new manager to come in with the sort of squad template we will build for Bilic (providing we don't decide to go back to a Pulis type appointment)
Boing Boing

baggie82

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2020, 03:36:27 PM »
I feel better that so far only a single poster has knowingly voted for Bilic to be sacked and that the overwhelmingly majority find the discussion itself offensive and insane. Restores my faith in vast majority of our fanbase. COYB.

ronnie_allen

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #24 on: July 23, 2020, 03:50:00 PM »
baggies82 is absolutely correct, we did agree to a poll once our season was over. Very simple really, is Slaven Bilic the right person to take the club forward?

There are many different variables that can be taken into account when making your decision, which I totally appreciate. What I’d say though is take your personal feelings out of the equation and try and answer the pole objectively.

Are we as a club going to pick up enough points next season to stay in the Premier League with Slaven Bilic as manager...?

Many thanks to all who partake in the poll 👍🏻

Personally I feel the question is slightly different and isn't about whether Bilic will keep us up; if an alternative manager wouldn't either. It is whether we would be have a (significantly) better chance of staying up with another potential manager in charge than keeping Bilic.