Author Topic: Graeme Jones  (Read 48152 times)

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

Re: Graeme Jones - Assistant Head Coach
« Reply #100 on: January 11, 2019, 10:35:08 AM »
Very good player but on what basis would you give him the head coach job?
the road to the summit has dips, keep the faith when navigating those dips !!
Albion Family !!!

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #101 on: January 11, 2019, 11:24:40 AM »
From Sky Transfer News Updates Ticker:

"JONES DECLINES LUTON INTEREST

West Brom assistant coach Graeme Jones has politely declined Luton's interest in making him their new manager, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hatters approached the Baggies for permission to speak to Jones on Thursday but have now moved on in their search for Nathan Jones’ successor.

Sky Sports News understands Luton’s U18’s boss Inigo Idiakez is among the names being considered for the first-team job."
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

Black Country Pride

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #102 on: January 11, 2019, 11:25:34 AM »

West Brom assistant coach Graeme Jones has politely declined Luton's interest in making him their new manager, Sky Sports News understands.

The Hatters approached the Baggies for permission to speak to Jones on Thursday but have now moved on in their search for Nathan Jones’ successor.

Sky Sports News understands Luton’s U18’s boss Inigo Idiakez is among the names being considered for the first-team job."

Good news.

skyclad99

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #103 on: January 11, 2019, 11:28:43 AM »

Good news - good man

I would like to think that Graeme is rather enjoying his challenge with us and can see good things ahead. He is young enough to be a manager in his own right in the future. With no disrespect to Luton, I think that bigger clubs will come calling.
MAGA!

smethwick2

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #104 on: January 11, 2019, 11:48:11 AM »

Thank god for that. Don't think he would want to leave DM in a position without his right hand guy at this key point in the season. That being said if a Championship job came up I would be a little more worried
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:05:18 PM by smethwick2 »

seteefeet

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #105 on: January 11, 2019, 11:58:01 AM »
Great news and, coupled with the rumour that Barnes also wanted to stay, suggests we have a good set up at the minute.

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #106 on: January 18, 2019, 07:27:03 PM »
Alan Nixon just said Luton have come back and hes had talks this time but no indication yet whether he will go or not.

Dan87uk

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #107 on: January 18, 2019, 07:27:15 PM »
Just twitter talk at the moment which must be taken with a pinch of salt, but rumours currently persisting on Twitter that Luton have come back in for him with his odds also dropping considerably with the bookies.

Obviously needs to be confirmed by a more reliable source/outlet, though the furore about it the last couple of hours was started initially by Alan Nixon

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1086310847146876928
The Only Dependable Thing About The Future Is Uncertainty

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #108 on: January 18, 2019, 08:02:48 PM »
Just twitter talk at the moment which must be taken with a pinch of salt, but rumours currently persisting on Twitter that Luton have come back in for him with his odds also dropping considerably with the bookies.

Obviously needs to be confirmed by a more reliable source/outlet, though the furore about it the last couple of hours was started initially by Alan Nixon

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/status/1086310847146876928

Also saying we're about to sign Barnes (Giles not Harvey)
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

Baggies

• WBA Manager

« Reply #109 on: January 18, 2019, 08:55:54 PM »
It’s one of those “no smoke without fire” things. It was publicly said he had turned it down, so if the odds have come back in and newspapers are reporting that it might be back on, you have to think there might be something in the story.

Really need some stability at the club. Going well in the league, and while I don,t know how key Jones is, I,d rather an inexperienced manager like Moore did have the experience of Jones next to him, as they clearly work well together.
Boing Boing

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #110 on: January 18, 2019, 09:09:40 PM »
If there is anything in this, I do feel sorry for Darren looks like a perfect storm is brewing, Hope it dissapates quickly
Albion Family !!!

gazberg

• WBA Manager

« Reply #111 on: January 22, 2019, 12:12:45 AM »
"Alan Nixon
‏ @reluctantnicko
51m51 minutes ago

So. Graham Jones HAS spoken to Luton now. But won’t take it. And Giles Barnes hopes for a deal and isn’t just getting fit. Cheers."

Mister AT

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #112 on: January 22, 2019, 08:29:55 AM »
Cant blame him for hearing what they have to say/offer.

Personally I cant see Jones leaving for a first team job unless it was championship level or above.

Albionic

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #113 on: January 22, 2019, 11:15:44 AM »
I will take brickbats for this, but here goes anyway,

I am struggling to see where this guy has influenced our performances.

His preferred 3-5-2 had to be canned as it wasn't working,
Our kids / squad players are not progressing,
Some of the glaring issues are not being addressed (Gayle out wide, midfield structure).  I would accept that recruitment have a role to play in bringing talent in, but one of this guys jobs is developing the talent we already have, I see nothing to show that this is being achieved. 

thoughts??
Albion Family !!!

AlbionFan

• Site Donator
  • WBA Coach

« Reply #114 on: January 22, 2019, 03:40:32 PM »
Graeme Jones set to stay at West Brom after turning down Luton’s second offer

Source: https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/west-bromwich-albion/2019/01/22/jones-turns-down-lutons-second-offer/
赖国传, 滚出我们的俱乐部

Beware of Speculation! = the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.

kie the baggie

• Youth Baggie

« Reply #115 on: January 22, 2019, 04:34:30 PM »

Some of the glaring issues are not being addressed (Gayle out wide, midfield structure).  I would accept that recruitment have a role to play in bringing talent in, but one of this guys jobs is developing the talent we already have, I see nothing to show that this is being achieved. 

thoughts??
From what I see jones advises Darren Moore on every tactical decision made, and directs players directly, so I would say his influence is high, especially took all tactical walkthrough sessions in Dubai

baggiejohn

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #116 on: January 22, 2019, 05:11:38 PM »

For me, that showed a degree of pragmatism, a positive characteristic IMO

I believe most of our older squad players were introduced to provide low cost experienced support.
I would argue that our younger squad players are progressing, but are not yet ready for a regular place,
I would also argue that it's the job of the DoF to oversee the development of existing talent. The job of the Head Coach & his team is to prepare the squad for match days

I generally take the view that our first team coaches are paid vast amounts of money
to make the tactical decisions they do. I might not necessarily agree with them, but it's probably because I don't understand the logic. So I don't agree that the issues are necessarily glaring.

Harvey Barnes couldn't praise our coaching staff enough, don't forget he came to us as a left sided wide player, we developed him into a No 10,

As things stand we're third in the league with top two playing each other in the next couple of weeks. We're also playing top teams in February giving us a chance to progress into the top two.
If I were paying the Coaches wages, think I'd be pretty happy at the moment
If it was easy, it wouldn't be Albion

A wise old owl sat in an oak, the more he saw, the less he spoke
The less he spoke the more he heard, why aren't we like that wise old bird?

alex1

• WBA Coach

« Reply #117 on: January 22, 2019, 06:45:07 PM »

thoughts??

I don't think we would be top scorers and have seen the attacking flair this season if it was only DM in charge.  I know most managers would profit from having creative, flair players like Gayle, Phillips and Barnes at their disposal (although I can think of one recent manager who wouldn't  :( ), but I'm sure Jones has had a key role in turning us into an attacking entertaining team. I think the Jones/DM partnership is working well.   
Einstein: A definition of insanity- someone who takes the same action time after time, even though previously it's always ended in failure

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2019, 03:03:44 AM »
What impact hasJones had on this team? As I fail to see any. Just like Henry at Monaco is this bloke beginning to be found out, seems to me that like the French man he ain't up too much with out Martines guiding hand.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2019, 03:06:23 AM by paulosull »

Mikkyk

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #119 on: March 02, 2019, 06:56:42 PM »
I've come to the conclusion that we would be better off without Jones. How would Darren fare without him? We may never know.

My thinking behind this is the following things haven't worked this season:

1. 3 at the back
2. Passing out from the back
3. Rodriguez in a withdrawn striker role  (a problem in itself but also forces Gayle out wide)
4. Gayle out wide

I can point the finger at Jones for this as they were all tactics used with Belgium  (and he apparently takes care of the offensive side of things).

BigFrank20

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #120 on: March 02, 2019, 07:17:51 PM »
Isn't he allegedly in charge of tactics when we have the ball? Ergo pretty responsible for much of what went on on the pitch last night?
Where's the shitstorm calling for his head? If for some reason Darren Moore is forced out he's probably the one who will step into the breach while we look for a replacement
BoingBoing, a Baggie born and a Baggie I shall die (one day)

iwastherein68

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #121 on: March 02, 2019, 10:34:53 PM »
Isn't he allegedly in charge of tactics when we have the ball? Ergo pretty responsible for much of what went on on the pitch last night?
Where's the shitstorm calling for his head? If for some reason Darren Moore is forced out he's probably the one who will step into the breach while we look for a replacement
Not a chance ,he would walk with DM. He should not be offered the chance anyway.He is part of the problem.
Gary Megson - True Legend - Restorer of pride

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #122 on: March 03, 2019, 02:07:05 AM »
If one goes the other should be sent packing as well not up to the task, these two just don't seem to be able to read a game all season we have had no link up play from defense to midfield to attack. Game management is none existent and only for two standout loan players we'd be in the pooh

GREGMT

• Reserve Baggie

« Reply #123 on: March 09, 2019, 10:02:18 PM »
Apparently argued and fell out with Luke Downing over January transfers.  We signed more players than any other promotion contender. 

Jones sounded like an arrogant so and so culminating with him going to Luton.  Why didn’t we fire him a month ago and got a new assistant?

Sounds like there were problems with the coaching staff.

paulosull

• Senior Baggie

« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2019, 10:50:14 PM »
Not nice to see a coach sacked but if Jones was a tosser then good to see him gone.